Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,292 members, 7,807,987 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:37 AM

I Am Lagging Behind In Nollywood Because Of My Poor English - Madam Saje - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / I Am Lagging Behind In Nollywood Because Of My Poor English - Madam Saje (2707 Views)

See The Poor English Written By A Female Final Year University Student / Is Tonto Really A Varsity Graduate With Her Poor English Vocabulary? / Actress Fausat Balogun[madam Saje] 50th Birthday Party With Pasuma,yinka Quadri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Lagging Behind In Nollywood Because Of My Poor English - Madam Saje by Nobody: 5:40pm On Oct 24, 2014
[img]http://www.nigeriafilms.com/image.aspx?img=Y29udGVudC9jb250ZW50L01hZGFtLVNhamUuanBnc2QuanBnfDYwMA==[/img]

Nollywood actress, Fausat Balogun popularly known as Madam Saje, may have done well for herself in the Nigerian Yoruba movie industry, but she is still asking herself some questions especially about her low standard of education which has hindered her from featuring in the English movie sector.

Though fans and friends love her both as a mother and as an actress because of her ability to interpret her scripts well to the taste of many. This has continued to bring more movie producers to keep coming for her to feature in lots of their movie.

Madam Saje during a TV programme, ‘Gbarada,’ revealed that her ability of not having an educational degree, has hindered her growth in the English movie industry as producers keep inviting her for jobs but she keeps turning them down.

The ace actress explained that though she is seen as a versatile actress, her little spoken English cannot help her and also, she is scared of losing her teeth in the course of trying to speak the English language.
[img]http://www.nigeriafilms.com/image.aspx?img=Y29udGVudC9jb250ZW50L21hZGFtc2EuanBnfDYwMA==[/img]

http://www..net/apps/forums/topics/show/13051389-i-am-lacking-behind-in-nollywood-because-of-my-poor-english-yoruba-actress-madam-saje
Re: I Am Lagging Behind In Nollywood Because Of My Poor English - Madam Saje by JEITO: 6:16pm On Oct 24, 2014
We have adult classes where you learn to speak, read and write in english language na. Besides, you don't need a degree to be a successful actor/actress

Ask mr ibu for more
Re: I Am Lagging Behind In Nollywood Because Of My Poor English - Madam Saje by lalasticlala(m): 6:42pm On Oct 24, 2014
I don't know d woman as I haven't watched any of her films, I only watch English Nollywood films that I understand.

But she can still handle some few roles in d English sector since she claimed to b getting invites.
Op kindly change ur thread caption from "lacking" to "lagging" . Tanxx
Re: I Am Lagging Behind In Nollywood Because Of My Poor English - Madam Saje by clean2: 6:56pm On Oct 24, 2014
Repent now of your sinful evil ways to avoid eternity in hell fire,,,Jesus christ love and warn you to repent and convert now to avoid hell fire when you die
Re: I Am Lagging Behind In Nollywood Because Of My Poor English - Madam Saje by savvysabina: 7:32pm On Oct 24, 2014
She is a very lovely Yoruba actress..at least from the few, I have seen. Life is all about changes and one has to move with the times..all she needs to do is to get private English lessons. Please, visit www.madamsabi.wordpress. com for interesting articles about people who made a positive turn around in their world.tx

1 Like

Re: I Am Lagging Behind In Nollywood Because Of My Poor English - Madam Saje by itstpia1: 7:32pm On Oct 24, 2014
those outfits she's wearing dont come cheap though.

so, i'd say she's doing pretty well for herself, regardless.

rich madam.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Lagging Behind In Nollywood Because Of My Poor English - Madam Saje by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 8:00pm On Oct 24, 2014
what's her highest educational level?
Nobody who went to primary school should have this problem.
At least, she must have been living in a town all these years .
Re: I Am Lagging Behind In Nollywood Because Of My Poor English - Madam Saje by WoodcrestMayor(m): 8:19pm On Oct 24, 2014
D topic says it all. cheesy

She is indeed Lacking behind angry
Re: I Am Lagging Behind In Nollywood Because Of My Poor English - Madam Saje by priscaoge(f): 8:40pm On Oct 24, 2014
lalasticlala:
I don't know d woman as I haven't watched any of her films, I only watch English Nollywood films that I understand.

But she can still handle some few roles in d English sector since she claimed to b getting invites.
Op kindly change ur thread caption from "lacking" to "lagging" . Tanxx

She's a good actress. I enjoy watching Yoruba movies,though English Titled ones. Have seen several movies She was featured and She's doing well especially when acting a Role of a Mother.

1 Like

Re: I Am Lagging Behind In Nollywood Because Of My Poor English - Madam Saje by Nobody: 9:27pm On Oct 24, 2014
Lacking or Lagging? Edit your post
Re: I Am Lagging Behind In Nollywood Because Of My Poor English - Madam Saje by AfricanApple(f): 1:21am On Oct 25, 2014
all u need to do is stop being lazy and learn, u mustn't be speaking through your nose

(1) (Reply)

Former MBGN & Rapper Munachi Abii And Usher Raymond(pix) / Inspiring: Sosoliso Plane Crash Survivor Graduates From College(pix) / Married Woman Kills Herself because Her Boyfriend Fail To Marry Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.