Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,949 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:52 AM

Chased From Our Home.. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Chased From Our Home.. (843 Views)

See What I Found Near Our Home / See The Hawk That Chased Its Prey Into Our Living Room This Morning (photo) / What Is The Censor Board Doing About Our Home Vids? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chased From Our Home.. by 19naia(m): 10:20pm On Oct 24, 2014
It lasted a good ten years for me there.. And then when things started to get better for me personally, things with the volcano began to make all worse for every body... I was chased from there and heeded the warning signs early and moved away finally last year... Today the Lava is flowing towards my favorite town and ready to cut it off from the rest of the world..

Follow this link to see the latest live moving flow only a day or two away from reaching the place in the photos below... Thats why they are working to prepare the area right now.. Those pictures are fresh from yesterday...
[url][/url]https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=788135641225059&id=123911224314174

[url][/url]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QVyOCuVOic
Re: Chased From Our Home.. by 19naia(m): 10:23pm On Oct 24, 2014
another video and pictures from my friends remaining behind there... Many want to stay and try their luck if the lava will pass by their homes unharmed... My house there is safe but abandoned because the smoke from the lava affects people far off when the wind carries it... Its toxic and makes people sick and can make the eyes, nose, throat and lungs feel acid burns... Some Electric and phone lines are being moved while others are being surrounded with insulating concrete rings and heaps of gravel... They are protecting what they can because people have decided to stay and try their luck.. Many have no means to relocate as they invested all they have at the bottom of an active volcano.. The town and area being threatened is the populated area in the island and also the most affordable while the rest of Hawaii is among the most expensive places to live in USA.. Even in this cheap volcanic area, a proper 2-3 bedroom house will cost over $200k.. All other areas go over $300k with an average around $500k-$600k.. Lots of Millionares and billionaires keep holiday houses in the safer areas and other islands with no live volcano activity... Pahoa is truly a community of simple down to earth people without enough money to have a proper house. who like lving among the tropical forest without the stress of big cities complications.... Many live in simple buildings with no glass windows or modern ammenities... Yes even white American people living like african village people, and living so because they prefer that to going to work in the city and have a proper house.. They like the bush like me... I bought my land above the volcanic flow and very deep into the bush with dirt roads and no tap water available... We use tanks and collect rain water or order water from the lorry/truck delivery...
[url][/url]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfBGLO1K9cY

Re: Chased From Our Home.. by 19naia(m): 11:13pm On Oct 24, 2014
Photo from this Morning in Hawaii.. Hawaii has many helicopters that are for tourist hire.. See the youtube video for the helicopter hire companies... Maybe for around $400 or less you can charter a helicopter ride and they mostly fly over the volcano area.... Now they take photos every day of the Areas at risk from the new Lava flows into town...

[url][/url]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqvKg9q-DdU

[url][/url]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzvVqmeAbM0

Re: Chased From Our Home.. by 19naia(m): 2:53am On Oct 25, 2014
This is a video of road work to open an old abandoned road way to replace the only major road into the area...

The Only major road into and out of the area is soon to be overflowed by lava and the other end of the main road through the area, was overflowed by lava in 1990.

The 1990 flow area is mostly flowing underground ,so crews are also making an emergency road over that old flow but some areas of the road are venting steam from the hot lava beneath and the rain that permeates down..

Eventually the road in this video will also be met by lava and then the road over the 1990 flow will be the last road in and out and take a long route directly through the summit of the Volcano where the lava is coming from... The risk is all around..

Another option will be to use boats from the shore but there is only one Viable port there which is not a safe harbour during the big waves that often visit hawaii and please the surfers. Most shore line in the area is continuos rocky cliffs battered by crashing waves...
Dont worry about me, i have been rebuilding my life elsewhere over the past four years while people were telling me i was overreacting.. Now they are busy acting under the extreme pressure of these events and the toxic fumes filling the air making sickness.. There is plenty help for them there and i have had four years to financially adjust and get another house in another state as well as sell my car in Hawaii because i could not drive it over seas to the mainland area of USA.. Hawaii is a small group of pacific ocean islands 2000 miles off shore of Losangeles.. Hawaii is also a state of United States

[url][/url]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCfz8BSF7EI
Re: Chased From Our Home.. by Nobody: 5:38am On Oct 25, 2014
ok

1 Like

Re: Chased From Our Home.. by 19naia(m): 2:52am On Oct 26, 2014
Todays Update..
The Lava has crossed the road this morning and began to enter the township area... The first residents have been notified to evacuate from the approach path..

(1) (Reply)

Happy New Month To Nairanders / The Laws Of Attraction / Drama Story Titled: Olosho

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.