Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,653 members, 7,801,903 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:57 AM

Amaechi: I Fell Out With PEJ Cos I Refused To Share Rivers Money With Her - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amaechi: I Fell Out With PEJ Cos I Refused To Share Rivers Money With Her (4742 Views)

Why I Refused To Honour Efcc’s Invitation – Tompolo / Amaechi Accuses Wike Of Embezzling N3.5 Billion Rivers Money / Amaechi: I Joined APC With The Interest To Protect Rivers People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amaechi: I Fell Out With PEJ Cos I Refused To Share Rivers Money With Her by Bugatie(m): 6:25am On Oct 25, 2014
Rivers State Governor and Chairman of a faction of the Nigeria Governors’ Forum, Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi, has alleged that his refusal to surrender the state coffers to Dame Patience Jonathan led to the problem he was having with the Presidency.

He also blamed the resurgence in militancy and kidnapping on the backings the criminals were allegedly receiving from powers that be but assured that he would not renege on the oath of office to secure the state.

“Remember, when I became governor, I fought militancy.  Right there where you built a new house, there used to be a hole where they pass into the river and escape.  The security report reached me and I came here and chased the militants away.  I asked them to fence the school premises and block that hole. I have to protect you because, it is my responsibility.  Some of the militants went to Lagos, Ivory Coast, Ghana etc.

“Today, they are back because the wife of the President brought them back to protest against me.  I refused to give them money in Abuja because if I do that, I won’t be able to carry out any development project or finish the road from Rumuolumeni to Rumuepirikom.  The quarrel between me and the wife of the President is because she said I should bring your money, Rivers people money and share with her", Amaechi alleged.

He called on Rivers people and the All Progressives Congress (APC) to resist the Peoples’ Democratic Party (PDP) from manipulating and rigging the 2015 general elections in the state.
Amaechi stated this yesterday during the joint graduation of students of University of Ibadan and Pioneer graduands of Ignatius Ajuru University of Education held at Rumuolumeni, in Port Harcourt.

He also expressed fears that if the PDP was allowed to rig and manipulate the election and President Jonathan was voted into office in 2015, poverty and underdevelopment would crumble the state.

According to him, “Now that, you are graduates, you are now eligible voters that can use your voters’ card to change society.  Ask yourselves this question that I have always asked Rivers people.  What have we (Rivers people) done to President Jonathan that he has refused to bring any project to Rivers State.  We had to fight them before they could do the East-West road. I had to abuse the federal government and they abused me back, before they could do the work you now see on that road. Our President, from the South-South has taken our oil wells from Soku in Rivers State to Bayelsa State. What about the 41 oil wells in Etche that was given to Abia State? Is the President or his wife from Abia State?  Why do they want us to suffer?  If President

Jonathan comes back to power in 2015, Rivers State economy will crash".

He frowned at the consistent shortfall in oil revenue and the negative impact it had created to frustrate innocent Nigerians and urged the graduands to question the inconsistencies of the federal government.

“Graduands like you have the opportunity to ask the federal government to explain what they are doing with our money.  Since September this year, federal government has not been able to pay any state from the federal allocation. They said, they don’t have money.  This is the first time that our President is emerging as the 6th richest person in Africa", Amaechi said.

Amaechi equally tasked the graduands to register as eligible voters ahead of the 2015 general elections.

He further blamed the failure of the Rumuolumeni road construction project to an indigene of the area and described Nyesom Wike as a Minister who was incompetent.

“I told the people of Rumuolumeni that we have awarded N1.5 billion for their internal roads and have also paid the indigenous contractor who is from the area the sum of N700 million.  We said, Rivers money for Rivers people, because they don’t have capital.

“This man took the contract and gave it to a man who now wants to be governor. This man that is being backed by Mrs Jonathan gave N250 million to the indigenous contractor and disappeared with N450 million without constructing the road.

“And this is the man who wants to be governor, with billboards screaming the concept of New Vision.  What kind of vision is that for a thief?  They have been thieves for too long, so it cannot be new vision.

“The only thing that is new is that he has industrialised stealing.  The former Minister of State for Education in a radio interview said, he 'shedded tears'. Everyone knows there's no word like that", he said.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/amaechi-i-fell-out-with-dame-jonathan-because-i-refused-to-share-rivers-money-with-her/192184/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi: I Fell Out With PEJ Cos I Refused To Share Rivers Money With Her by Johnpaul2k2(m): 6:32am On Oct 25, 2014
talking like an idi.ot since 2013 (after joining APC ) grin

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Amaechi: I Fell Out With PEJ Cos I Refused To Share Rivers Money With Her by Amanwulu1(m): 6:34am On Oct 25, 2014
Mr MADDEST keep demonstrating in d market square. No more cure for ur madness.

10 Likes

Re: Amaechi: I Fell Out With PEJ Cos I Refused To Share Rivers Money With Her by Bugatie(m): 6:36am On Oct 25, 2014
You see why I call him an alarmist,
The above statement is not something that should come from a state governor. He has tried at every given opportunity to demean the Presidency and the wife of a man who doesn't even mention his name.
A question for Amaechi, why award contract arbitrary without due documentation and also release full funds without the contractor even executing the job, what happened contract bond and Advanced payment guarantee APG and why allow them share the money meant for Rivers people as if you are giving your personal money.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amaechi: I Fell Out With PEJ Cos I Refused To Share Rivers Money With Her by alabiyemmy(m): 6:37am On Oct 25, 2014
very petty

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi: I Fell Out With PEJ Cos I Refused To Share Rivers Money With Her by Bugatie(m): 6:42am On Oct 25, 2014
Amanwulu1:
Mr MADDEST keep demonstrating in d market square. No more cure for ur madness.
What I continue to admire about Mr President is his resounding silence on Amaechi in all these apparent madness

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi: I Fell Out With PEJ Cos I Refused To Share Rivers Money With Her by pelvicky(m): 6:45am On Oct 25, 2014
Mtcheww! How can i blame him?

I blame GEJ 4 not putting all this stincky, dirty mouths of men in jail for saying thrash about him and his administration that we all know its a lie.
Re: Amaechi: I Fell Out With PEJ Cos I Refused To Share Rivers Money With Her by dlox147(m): 6:48am On Oct 25, 2014
childish

7 Likes

Re: Amaechi: I Fell Out With PEJ Cos I Refused To Share Rivers Money With Her by lokito: 6:54am On Oct 25, 2014
Nigeria needs at least 36 Amaechis as Governor in the 36 states. A man who is so principled that no riff-raff can just trample on. A strong man who mans-up to his responsibilities and kills every other option whenever a rational decision is made.
Yes, with such a man corruption, looting and illiteracy will be curbed. This is my own opinion.

18 Likes

Re: Amaechi: I Fell Out With PEJ Cos I Refused To Share Rivers Money With Her by RockMaxi: 6:56am On Oct 25, 2014
I think this Amaechi is becoming scared of his own shadows. You are the Governor of Rivers State but all I hear you talk is about GEJ and PEJ.
You should learn to draw the line between being a talkative and raising false alarm. |undecided

8 Likes

Re: Amaechi: I Fell Out With PEJ Cos I Refused To Share Rivers Money With Her by Bugatie(m): 7:03am On Oct 25, 2014
lokito:
Nigeria needs people like Amaechi as Governors. A man who is so principled that no riff-raff can just trample on. A strong man who mans-up to his responsibilities and kills every other option whenever a rational decision is made.
Yes, with such a man corruption, looting and illiteracy will be curbed. This is my own opinion.
In your own words, "he's so principled" and he doles out funds for contract and the contractor embezzles the money yet no arrest or prosecution till date.
Why's he saying it and what does he expect the masses to do if he cannot use the instrument of the law at his disposal to bring the contractor to justice?
.....Hypocrisy

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi: I Fell Out With PEJ Cos I Refused To Share Rivers Money With Her by mperoakeem(m): 7:05am On Oct 25, 2014
Re: Amaechi: I Fell Out With PEJ Cos I Refused To Share Rivers Money With Her by AWONEYAN(m): 7:06am On Oct 25, 2014
Ameachi used to be a speaker of rivers state HOA, so I expect him to be a speaking governor...

3 Likes

Re: Amaechi: I Fell Out With PEJ Cos I Refused To Share Rivers Money With Her by lokito: 7:07am On Oct 25, 2014
Bugatie:

In your own words, "he's so principled" and he doles out funds for contract and the contractor embezzles the money yet no arrest or prosecution till date.
Why's he saying it and what does he expect the masses to do if he cannot use the instrument of the law at his disposal to bring the contractor to justice?
.....Hypocrisy

You and I know that the criminals always have the backings of higher criminals and most especially, the Governor also has a band of ragtag spiritual fraternities to contend with. If you can dig#

1 Like

Re: Amaechi: I Fell Out With PEJ Cos I Refused To Share Rivers Money With Her by Bugatie(m): 7:11am On Oct 25, 2014
lokito:

You and I know that the criminals always have the backings of higher criminals and most especially, he also has the spiritual aspect to contend with. If you can dig#
No doubt, but you need to remove that part of him being principled!
He gave out that money as settlement to the politician/contractor when the going was good, otherwise, why will a governor be sounding so helpless and complaining to the masses?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi: I Fell Out With PEJ Cos I Refused To Share Rivers Money With Her by lokito: 7:17am On Oct 25, 2014
Bugatie:

No doubt, but you need to remove that part of him being principled!
He gave out that money as settlement to the politician/contractor when the going was good, otherwise, why will a governor be sounding so helpless and complaining to the masses?

I agree with you Sir, recall from the terse content of your original post, he gave those contracts out to indigenous contractors in other to empower them since they have no start-up capitals. Now this is also a part of sustainable development. Who knows why they actually fell apart? It'll be most probable to say that he left them scot-free.

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi: I Fell Out With PEJ Cos I Refused To Share Rivers Money With Her by Jesusloveyou: 7:34am On Oct 25, 2014
I am not sure,ameachi said all these trash,he abuse gej and pej.sharing of river state money.but why is pej using wike to rob river state.

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi: I Fell Out With PEJ Cos I Refused To Share Rivers Money With Her by Bugatie(m): 7:39am On Oct 25, 2014
lokito:

I agree with you Sir, recall from the terse content of your original post, he gave those contracts out to indigenous contractors in other to empower them since they have no start-up capitals. Now this is also a part of sustainable development. Who knows why they actually fell apart? It'll be most probable to say that he left them scot-free.

So you and I can see where the states fund is going to...."local empowerment"
I wish to be so empowered!
Re: Amaechi: I Fell Out With PEJ Cos I Refused To Share Rivers Money With Her by Trut(m): 7:53am On Oct 25, 2014
In Fela's voice, ((( Basket mouth don open mouth again ooo )))
Re: Amaechi: I Fell Out With PEJ Cos I Refused To Share Rivers Money With Her by kazmanbanjoko(m): 7:55am On Oct 25, 2014

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Amaechi: I Fell Out With PEJ Cos I Refused To Share Rivers Money With Her by isrecole: 8:21am On Oct 25, 2014
What Amaechi is doing is Seditious,inciting people against the President. He can only do it to a gentleman like GEJ. And that's why Nigerians should salute the tolerance and patience of GEJ. Amaechi as a Lawyer knows he is committing crime against the State by his incitement. If Amaechi is not planning a "coup" against the Federal Government why is he inciting people against the Government? At this juncture, in enjoin ALL Nigerians to call AmAechi to order before he invite Military Coup. Commonsense dictates that if he has problems with the wife of the President,he shouldn't have extended it to the Office of the President. Nigeria is greater than Rivers State and Amaechi put together!!!!!!!

10 Likes

Re: Amaechi: I Fell Out With PEJ Cos I Refused To Share Rivers Money With Her by Iamdagreatguy(m): 8:26am On Oct 25, 2014
Imagine

1 Like

Re: Amaechi: I Fell Out With PEJ Cos I Refused To Share Rivers Money With Her by davo3286: 8:27am On Oct 25, 2014
lokito:
Nigeria needs at least 36 Amaechis as Governor in the 36 states. A man who is so principled that no riff-raff can just trample on. A strong man who mans-up to his responsibilities and kills every other option whenever a rational decision is made.

Dreamer

5 Likes

Re: Amaechi: I Fell Out With PEJ Cos I Refused To Share Rivers Money With Her by Nobody: 8:49am On Oct 25, 2014
Mr Alarmist,would have been better,if Ameachi is a saint himself,else he can keep ranting.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi: I Fell Out With PEJ Cos I Refused To Share Rivers Money With Her by Bugatie(m): 8:49am On Oct 25, 2014
davo3286:

Dreamer
Imagine having 36 noise makers

7 Likes

Re: Amaechi: I Fell Out With PEJ Cos I Refused To Share Rivers Money With Her by philantoxx(m): 8:54am On Oct 25, 2014
so who is the saint now??
Re: Amaechi: I Fell Out With PEJ Cos I Refused To Share Rivers Money With Her by martins0: 9:00am On Oct 25, 2014
philantoxx:
so who is the saint now??
No one is a saint among them, but Amaechi should channel as much of his energy in giving Rivers state the face lift needed. The roads are begging for his attention and all we hear is Jonathan this and Patience that

1 Like

Re: Amaechi: I Fell Out With PEJ Cos I Refused To Share Rivers Money With Her by philantoxx(m): 9:03am On Oct 25, 2014
martins0:

No one is a saint among them, but Amaechi should channel as much of his energy in giving Rivers state the face lift needed. The roads are begging for his attention and all we hear is Jonathan this and Patience that
exactly..this Ameachi guy has consistently laid the blame on his incompetence on the presidential table.

4 Likes

Re: Amaechi: I Fell Out With PEJ Cos I Refused To Share Rivers Money With Her by Caseless: 9:08am On Oct 25, 2014
'the former minister of education in a radio interview said " he shedded tears" , we all know there is no such word' - Ameachi(2014).
My govnor, say it as it is, we are behind you.

5 Likes

Re: Amaechi: I Fell Out With PEJ Cos I Refused To Share Rivers Money With Her by eunisam: 9:17am On Oct 25, 2014
weather you shared it with her or your it with yourself,does that makes u a saint?
Re: Amaechi: I Fell Out With PEJ Cos I Refused To Share Rivers Money With Her by Bugatie(m): 9:19am On Oct 25, 2014
Caseless:
'we heard the minister of education saying on radio that " he shedded tears" , we all know there is no such word' - Ameachi(2014).
My govnor, say it as it is, we are behind you.

Let me get it, a whole governor tunes radio to listen to a minister of state for Education, then picks his statement(wrongly used) and makes it part of his presentation at a school graduation ceremony.
He then brings in PEJ and how they fell apart for not sharing state resources. From there, he starts complaining how a contractor he paid to do a state road embezzled the fund without executing the contract.
How petty can a state governor get?

6 Likes

Re: Amaechi: I Fell Out With PEJ Cos I Refused To Share Rivers Money With Her by Nobody: 9:19am On Oct 25, 2014
Amaechi should know he has grown to be a man and not a boy.

There is time for everything. You don't talk anyhow.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Some Major Markets In Lagos Closed Today Due To Jonathan's Campaign? / Ranking Population And Major Tribes In The Nigerdelta region / States That Has The Highest Members On Nairaland.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.