Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,800 members, 7,806,216 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:12 PM

How The West Corrodes Our Morality - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How The West Corrodes Our Morality (81737 Views)

Who Is Better Groomed, Born In Nigeria Or Born In The West? / African Ladies And Affairs Within The West (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How The West Corrodes Our Morality by Nobody: 1:01am On Oct 26, 2014
5minsmadness:

No no no, you are getting me all wrong.
I am saying our ladies now wear indecent clothing without shame. And the 'without shame' part comes from westernization.

i.e previously someone would have been able to correct her or at least she would have cautioned herself, but nowadays she would wear it knowing fully well how openly indecent it is but use phrases like 'haters gon' hate', 'its my body, I can do with it as I please', its none of your business' , 'its modern/western dressing-get with the program' etc to wave away the fact that she isn't properly dressed.

Maybe some people do not want to be "properly dressed".
What gives you, me or anyone else the right to tell another adult how he/she should dress?

3 Likes

Re: How The West Corrodes Our Morality by Nobody: 1:06am On Oct 26, 2014
5minsmadness:

I rest my case.

I just want you to know that many if not most people in the West would be quite shocked if someone dressed like the person in the second picture and went to public places like this. They would agree with you that it is rather distasteful.

2 Likes

Re: How The West Corrodes Our Morality by red101(f): 1:07am On Oct 26, 2014
5minsmadness:

No no no, you are getting me all wrong.
I am saying our ladies now wear indecent clothing without shame. And the 'without shame' part comes from westernization.

i.e previously someone would have been able to correct her or at least she would have cautioned herself, but nowadays she would wear it knowing fully well how openly indecent it is but use phrases like 'haters gon' hate', 'its my body, I can do with it as I please', its none of your business' , 'its modern/western dressing-get with the program' etc to wave away the fact that she isn't properly dressed.

women can dress however they want. men can also dress however they want.
She is a grown woman and doesn't need you to be telling her what to wear so yes I agree with her. it's her body and non of your business.

2 Likes

Re: How The West Corrodes Our Morality by ladygogo: 1:09am On Oct 26, 2014
red101:
foolish thread created by a boko haram member.

don't mind him. He wears western clothing but hates when women wear it.
ask him if he wears agbada to work every morning.

BUHAHAHAHAHAHAA! grin grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: How The West Corrodes Our Morality by red101(f): 1:09am On Oct 26, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Maybe some people do not want to be "properly dressed".
What gives you, me or anyone else the right to tell another adult how he/she should dress?

exactly!
some men don't dress properly as well. If they are grown adults, that's their business not mine. I can make judgments but i'm not entitled to any right over their dressing.

3 Likes

Re: How The West Corrodes Our Morality by Nobody: 9:11am On Oct 26, 2014
Offline @ OP, so you saw a butt line and had a head spin? Confusion sets in, you took time to analyze everything about her, even the stretch mark didn't stop you.

You then jumped in nairaland to continue the analysis. What will then happen it you saw one butt cheek. The "thing" go just stand inside, waiting to unleash the horrors it has within.

S ex is an art. Its nature, you cant suppress it for long, and when you try, this is what you experience.
Go get a girlfriend or marry, what ever is the case, explore your s ex life. So that when you see such thing, your shock absorber will be very efficient wink

Bleed off with your hands, ragolis bottle grin, hit it on the wall every morning, what ever..You should start controlling your body and stop harassing others controlling their own body.

some butt lines are very difficult to hide, no matter what you do, most sunny weather , its advisable to let some air in to avaoid skin cancer tongue. And you know these days one wants to live long, so no wandering eyes can stop it.

Buckle up, freedom has come to stay. You adjust and go back to your village

6 Likes

Re: How The West Corrodes Our Morality by EfemenaXY: 9:15am On Oct 26, 2014
^^ Lol Chilli sweetheart!

Good morning babes kiss kiss kiss
Re: How The West Corrodes Our Morality by Nobody: 9:20am On Oct 26, 2014
EfemenaXY:
^^ Lol Chilli sweetheart!
Good morning babes kiss kiss kiss

cheesy Good money sugar boo kiss

My internet is crappy here, got me relying on old methods of research. embarassed

Kisses to my big boys and princess.

Bonne weekend

1 Like

Re: How The West Corrodes Our Morality by edwife(f): 9:33am On Oct 26, 2014
Chillisauce I swear you Cray Cray,on a Sunday morning?
Girl,you need Jesus! grin grin

Bonjour!
Re: How The West Corrodes Our Morality by Tamee(f): 9:59am On Oct 26, 2014

4 Likes

Re: How The West Corrodes Our Morality by rofemiguwa(f): 10:03am On Oct 26, 2014
I dont even know what to say,it is crazy how the op Pov have being twisted and turned
Op next time get a pics. Maybe just the back side. So the face is not shown.
Pic says a thousand words. Maybe then the will reason it out with u.
Someone wears a netted tight gym suit. So tight that her crack is visible and some pple are soo in support.
OMG!!!!
We. Are losing touch with reality. We dont knw where to drawn the line anymore.
Very soon ladies will start wearing bikini bra and bum shorts to work. It is dir body and dir business.
And pls no advising them. They have the right to do as the please.
God help us!!!! I fear for the generation my children will be born into. I need to work extra hard to maintain a moral balance.
There is a major shift in morality towards the negative axis. Major one!!!

Sorry op i understand how disgusting it must have bin to be assualted with such unappealling features. It is well

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How The West Corrodes Our Morality by Fkforyou(m): 10:20am On Oct 26, 2014
@ EfemenaXY....I get it,You made a point and I took it the wrong then you clarified it.But what I find scary is your accusations towards me and my intentions.
Re: How The West Corrodes Our Morality by Nobody: 10:31am On Oct 26, 2014
edwife:
Chillisauce I swear you Cray Cray,on a Sunday morning?
Girl,you need Jesus! grin grin

Bonjour!

I wake up with oga Jesus every morning. He understands his daughter cheesy

Bonjour babes.

Je dois réduire mon activité ici . Trop attaché et l'internet ne marche pas bien ici.

Fais bisou a toute ta famille kiss

1 Like

Re: How The West Corrodes Our Morality by Nobody: 10:33am On Oct 26, 2014
Tamee:

cheesy cheesy
You killed it.
The OP is 'good' and the gym-suit gal is 'bad'. Thus, the world is balanced. I dunno why OP feels his degree of 'morals' has any bearing on how others should live their lives.
Naija people sha

Dont mind dem, they will preach preach, after they hide one corner as per sister and brother in christ dey chock chock themselves.

Holy holy, but when you see what they do behind close doors, you sef go wonder.

6 Likes

Re: How The West Corrodes Our Morality by NoContract(m): 10:33am On Oct 26, 2014
@OP, please shut up witht your 'corrupted morality iish'

What a gang of self serving mofos blaming the west for their failed empathy. You rob your citizens, and build mansions overseas and companies, then you come back and claim the west are the ones messing you up!

What a bunch of hypocritial fools, fooling themselves since they forcefully ganed independence.

I've never seen such a sheepish country filled with 97% gullible people.

Chai! For 2014!

5 Likes

Re: How The West Corrodes Our Morality by youngice(m): 10:44am On Oct 26, 2014
So she can walk around naked hmmm
If I can't correct someone because I've done something wrong then every one is doomed ,because no one is perfect and I accept correction,
All this sycophants I give up on a lost cause,
But if them chyke you only for sex we go hear say all men are dogs, a ho is a ho irrespective of tribe, culture and religion mtcheew
NoContract:
@OP, please shut up witht your 'corrupted morality iish'
What a gang of self serving mofos blaming the west for their failed empathy. You rob your citizens, and build mansions overseas and companies, then you come back and claim the west are the ones messing you up!
What a bunch of hypocritial fools, fooling themselves since they forcefully ganed independence.
I've never seen such a sheepish country filled with 97% gullible people.
Chai! For 2014!
Chillisauce:

Dont mind dem, they will preach preach, after they hide one corner as per sister and brother in christ dey chock chock themselves.
Holy holy, but when you see what they do behind close doors, you sef go wonder.
red101:
foolish thread created by a boko haram member.
don't mind him. He wears western clothing but hates when women wear it.
ask him if he wears agbada to work every morning.
Tamee:

cheesy cheesy
You killed it.
The OP is 'good' and the gym-suit gal is 'bad'. Thus, the world is balanced. I dunno why OP feels his degree of 'morals' has any bearing on how others should live their lives.
Naija people sha
ladygogo:

BUHAHAHAHAHAHAA! grin grin grin grin
EfemenaXY:

You know, I get really irritated when people with a hidden agenda best known to them, try to turn a debate into a religious one. This cheap stunt of yours isn't going to work, but let me humor you nonetheless, assuming the real issue here is you not fully comprehending my posts so far:
Now, Mr FkForYou, this is an excerpt from 5minsmadness' initial poste:
And Ms Haftob's post trying to butteress his point about how women not "properly" covered up could be seen as s.ex.ua.l objects:
And my response to her:
You do understand that at this point, I'm letting her know that it matters not how much a woman covers herself, even if she's completely wrapped up like an Egyptian mummy, any man who wants to get between her legs will still find a way to do so, irrespective of what she wears!
And then a couple of posts on, I post two pictures - a painting of a young Nigerian girl in mid 19th century first, dressed in Nigerian traditional attire and a second picture of the same girl swathed in Victorian clothes from the same era.
Did I not clearly state what my preference was? Did you see any Christians jumping on my post claiming that my post "degraded" Christianity and or christian women? Seeing as the Victorians were staunch Christians?
Now does this help make things clearer to you or not?
In the quest for enlightenment we have become fools

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: How The West Corrodes Our Morality by ELLYsian: 10:45am On Oct 26, 2014
rofemiguwa:
I dont even know what to say,it is crazy how the op Pov have being twisted and turned
Op next time get a pics. Maybe just the back side. So the face is not shown.
Pic says a thousand words. Maybe then the will reason it out with u.
Someone wears a netted tight gym suit. So tight that her crack is visible and some pple are soo in support.
OMG!!!!
We. Are losing touch with reality. We dont knw where to drawn the line anymore.
Very soon ladies will start wearing bikini bra and bum shorts to work. It is dir body and dir business.
And pls no advising them. They have the right to do as the please.
God help us!!!! I fear for the generation my children will be born into. I need to work extra hard to maintain a moral balance.
There is a major shift in morality towards the negative axis. Major one!!!

Sorry op i understand how disgusting it must have bin to be assualted with such unappealling features. It is well

@bold
This is what I am shocked about.
Re: How The West Corrodes Our Morality by ezelous: 10:49am On Oct 26, 2014
Its a pity. The did is done!
Re: How The West Corrodes Our Morality by latolak(m): 10:50am On Oct 26, 2014
EfemenaXY:

Does being wrapped from head to toe in an oversized tent provide 100% protection to women, from being rr.aped, so.do.mi.zed, or even getting killed?

Yes,it kind of does. Being close to naked makes a girl an obvious target for sexual assault.

1 Like

Re: How The West Corrodes Our Morality by ELLYsian: 10:53am On Oct 26, 2014
youngice:
So she can walk around naked hmmm
If I can't correct someone because I've done something wrong then every one is doomed ,because no one is perfect and I accept correction,
All this sycophants I give up on a lost cause,
But if them chyke you only for sex we go hear say all men are dogs, a ho is a ho irrespective of tribe, culture and religion mtcheew
In the quest for enlightenment we have become fools

Enlightenment is yet to reach this country.

3 Likes

Re: How The West Corrodes Our Morality by denamax(m): 10:56am On Oct 26, 2014
My brother, pls let me correct the impression about westerners.like u said it is been worn by ppl in the gym house.now the qstn is the socalled westerners, did they wore theres on outing or whn travlling or to the gym? Yes to the gym of couse.but it just dat our mentality of copying the wrong thing.
Some of those cloths our sisters wear today are only worn on stages, awards night (dat frm house to the arena or stage then back home just to create awareness by the designers) but our ladies wear dem on streets like normal dailycloths. Dat madnes.

1 Like

Re: How The West Corrodes Our Morality by EMANY01(m): 10:57am On Oct 26, 2014
cococandy:
@5minmadness the fact is that the West didn't corrupt us in that regard.
It is actually the other way round.
African culture is that of unclothedness or half clad kind of dressing if I may call it that.

We are the ones who exported unclothedness to the West while they brought their prim and proper kind of dressing to us.
Now the west is more African than Africans in terms of unclothedness while we are forming more Western than the West by trying to enforce prim and proper dressing.

Enough of blaming them for everything that goes wrong with our society.

Eesh.

I was about to make this same point.If we are honest with our history from badagry to bakassi, the maidens of the time (as recent as seventy/eighty years ago) the newly married women were less covered up than the average fun seeking young lady in to day's time.
This whole morality of women dressing gas gone to absurd proportions.
I guess what they say is true "if you tell a lie again and again it becomes the truth so much that you the originator of the lie genuinely believes it" .

3 Likes

Re: How The West Corrodes Our Morality by Heart2heart(m): 10:58am On Oct 26, 2014
u mean u like them covered with hijab but wears no pant? u easily polash them by pulling the gown up..
yousee:
Call them hypocrites, call them fanatics, but you can't take their sense of modest dressing from them.

One of the good things I like about Muslims up North.

The Arab culture is still strong there.
Re: How The West Corrodes Our Morality by abbakacici: 10:59am On Oct 26, 2014
cococandy:
Yes Arab culture.
Not African culture.
African culture includes nudity.

Africa should pls stop corrupting other parts of the world with nudity.

north and most west Africa used full cloths almost a 1000 years ago that even before they have direct contract with arabs. so just because h south Africa, half of east Africa, central Africa and 20 percent of west Africa are unclothe 200 years ago that does make it a general africa culture

1 Like

Re: How The West Corrodes Our Morality by ELLYsian: 11:03am On Oct 26, 2014
latolak:

Yes,it kind of does. Being close to naked makes a girl an obvious target for sexual assault.

Were there more se.xual assaults in times when women used to be half na.ked?

2 Likes

Re: How The West Corrodes Our Morality by edwife(f): 11:04am On Oct 26, 2014
Chillisauce:

I wake up with oga Jesus every morning. He understands his daughter cheesy

Bonjour babes.

Je dois réduire mon activité ici . Trop attaché et l'internet ne marche pas bien ici.

Fais bisou a toute ta famille kiss

Pas de probleme ma chere,prends bien soin de toi.
On sera ici,des que tu reviens
Bisous a toi et la famille aussi kiss

A tres bientot

1 Like

Re: How The West Corrodes Our Morality by EMANY01(m): 11:04am On Oct 26, 2014
Stillfire:
Lol, we can rewrite history, ehn? Most Nigerians need to take a class or two in their precolonial history before ranting about the West. I don't know why the Nigerian educational system does not make History compulsory for every Nigerian. What most of you deem as 'in the past' started from 1960- post colonial Nigeria. grin In a bid to worship the 'queen' more than the British, we became more conservative than the frigid Brits. grin Se...x that was not inhibited for the African woman was now inhibited even in marriage because as an upright Christian or Muslim woman, 'thou shalt not know how to p..oke'. cheesy, only the man should rotflmao. Some African cultures teach their girls how to have se.xxxx. Today our mothers can't even broach the subject of se.xxxx to us. grin
When it comes to nudity, I don't shoot my mouth, because that is the natural state of some African societies, and it will be highly, highly hypocritical to blame the West. You are the one influencing the West. Western women have tagged it 'free the nipple', google Rumer Willis and her campaign for 'freeing the nipple' in a bid to copy us, of course cool. grin Do you know that some Igbo women went around beating up women that adopted the Western style of covering their bre..asts? Do you know a woman could divorce her husband in Igbo culture? But today Nigerians would shout it's the West corrupting us. As I said, go learn your real history before blaming the West.

Exactly there was a time that wearing a bra was a taboo among the southern easterners then only strong headed "lost" free spirit women did it.T he claim was that they were damaging the breasts and would not be able to breastfeed their infants later.
Its really funny how times change.

2 Likes

Re: How The West Corrodes Our Morality by Branzy(m): 11:07am On Oct 26, 2014
oyibo come ,,, dem say make we start wear clothes we wear am ... thesame oyibo don cum again say make we no wear clothes we still dy follow follow ... if u no stand for sumtyn u stand for notyn

1 Like

Re: How The West Corrodes Our Morality by neuljosh(m): 11:08am On Oct 26, 2014
You guys need to understand that this has nothing to do with the western world. It just that the world is trying so hard to appear civilised. In literal sense, there is nothing like a western culture. The westerners had their own culture years back that those not reflect what they are today..it died out and others are gradually following.

I am not in support of indecency from both gender but somethings we just need to cut the westerners some slack and call a spared a spared
Re: How The West Corrodes Our Morality by Nobody: 11:14am On Oct 26, 2014
Men especially African men lack the level of self control required to keep our animalistic sexua.l urges at bay. Pastors rr.ape members of both gender. Islam could never rid homosexuality from the Arab culture so it stinks high up north in spite of the hypocrisy of sharia. Why should a girls' skimpy dressing lock out your sense of reason and morality.
Western culture indeed I hardly hear of rappes during biker week where even guys have nuttin on but their boxers.
The Mind of the Blackman is a dark void where only negativity, blames, hypocrisy and immorality thrives. Forget the successful ones you see. They form an infinitesimally small percentage compared to the apes in western clothing

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How The West Corrodes Our Morality by honeric01(m): 11:20am On Oct 26, 2014
cococandy:
Some parts of Africa have nuude breats exhibitions as part of their culture.
Nigerian culture for most parts include half dressing,skimpy wraps et al as the core of our dressing.
The West brought cloths to us because they saw us as naked African gorrillas.

Now you're saying they are the ones who introduced us to nudity?
Be serious pls.

If you're talking about. Our identity as Africans,half nude is one part of it.what you're actually doing is asking us to throw away our culture as Africans and embrace prim and proper dressing which used to be Western culture.

It seems you women love being naked yet wants to be respected?

men also live in the same Hot Africa, yet fully clothed.

you claim Africans weren't wearing clothes pre-colonial era, ok, how come while men now wear clothes (naked African men before), the women chooses not to?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply)

Woman Dumps Her Husband After He Lost Bank Job / Nigerian Men In USA, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. / The Truth About Nigerian Men And Their Foreign Wives

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.