Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,504 members, 7,808,855 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:00 PM

Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA), Kaduna Picture Thread - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA), Kaduna Picture Thread (238323 Views)

Shiites Protest, Demand Release Of El-zakzaky In Kaduna (PICTURE) / Lamido And Amechi's Campaign Car In Kaduna (Picture) / Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA) military training (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA), Kaduna Picture Thread by neighy(m): 3:43pm On Nov 14, 2014
chat2deen:

Concurrent activities at all levels. Nothing is as sweet as serving job side by side wit ur coursemates. Gentleman the more we are together the happier we shall be! Cadet life ooo.
Walahi you get the Drill...
Re: Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA), Kaduna Picture Thread by egesie(m): 9:42am On Nov 16, 2014
neighy:
the Rank after Passing out From Nda is 2nd Lieutenant... And the highest rank an army officer has gotten to in Nigeria is Major General..
highest rank is Lt. Gen, former COAS Ihejirika was a Lieutenant General
Re: Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA), Kaduna Picture Thread by Nobody: 12:55pm On Nov 16, 2014
egesie:

Nope highest rank achieveable is field Marshall, but highest to date is a general (4star), Murtala moh'd, obasanjo, IBB, abacha, abdulsalam, alex ogomudia, agwai, azazi, etc are notable officers who have attained the rank of full generals (4 star) in the Nigerian army

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA), Kaduna Picture Thread by egesie(m): 1:47pm On Nov 16, 2014
ciccerouno:

Nope highest rank achieveable is field Marshall, but highest to date is a general (4star), Murtala moh'd, obasanjo, IBB, abacha, abdulsalam, alex ogomudia, agwai, azazi, etc are notable officers who have attained the rank of full generals (4 star) in the Nigerian army
In Nigeria, currently it's only the Chief of Defence Staff, that has the rank of a General (4 star) equivalent to an Admiral in the Navy or Air Chief Marshal in the Airforce as in the case of Alex Badeh (4 star general) who is the current CDS
The current COAS, CNS and CAS are all 3 star generals, Lt. Gen equivalent to Vice Admiral in the Navy and Air Marshal in the Airforce

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA), Kaduna Picture Thread by Nobody: 2:33pm On Nov 16, 2014
OP,the NDA is more or less a primary schl when compared to the American defense academy. We 've not got there yet.
Re: Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA), Kaduna Picture Thread by 8ightball: 2:54pm On Nov 16, 2014
With all these training facilities, BOKO HARAM still hands their a**es over to them in battle. #wonders
Re: Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA), Kaduna Picture Thread by Nobody: 11:53pm On Nov 16, 2014
egesie:

In Nigeria, currently it's only the Chief of Defence Staff, that has the rank of a General (4 star) equivalent to an Admiral in the Navy or Air Chief Marshal in the Airforce as in the case of Alex Badeh (4 star general) who is the current CDS
The current COAS, CNS and CAS are all 3 star generals, Lt. Gen equivalent to Vice Admiral in the Navy and Air Marshal in the Airforce

U said highest rank is Lt-Gen thats why corrected that...and i was talking of the army anyway

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA), Kaduna Picture Thread by Nobody: 12:17am On Nov 17, 2014
ofiafuluego:
OP,the NDA is more or less a primary schl when compared to the American defense academy. We 've not got there yet.

Nothin like 'america defence academy'
Re: Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA), Kaduna Picture Thread by egesie(m): 6:47am On Nov 17, 2014
ciccerouno:

U said highest rank is Lt-Gen thats why corrected that...and i was talking of the army anyway
okay
Re: Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA), Kaduna Picture Thread by neighy(m): 6:01am On Nov 18, 2014
egesie:

lieutenant general is below Major General...

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA), Kaduna Picture Thread by neighy(m): 6:03am On Nov 18, 2014
ciccerouno:

Nothin like 'america defence academy'
theirs is called West Point

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA), Kaduna Picture Thread by egesie(m): 6:12am On Nov 18, 2014
neighy:
naaa..It's Brigadier- Major General- Lt Gen- General
Major Gen is a two star general while Lt. General is a three star general

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA), Kaduna Picture Thread by neighy(m): 6:25am On Nov 18, 2014
egesie:

yea before Field Marshall...
Re: Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA), Kaduna Picture Thread by egesie(m): 6:26am On Nov 18, 2014
neighy:
Officer Neighy wink
Re: Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA), Kaduna Picture Thread by neighy(m): 6:28am On Nov 18, 2014
egesie:

Officer Neighy wink
cadet egesie
Re: Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA), Kaduna Picture Thread by Generaloluseye: 3:36pm On Nov 18, 2014
neighy:
u need to be courtmartialed for that statement

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA), Kaduna Picture Thread by Generaloluseye: 3:39pm On Nov 18, 2014
neighy:
u are hereby sentenced to three months in the guardroom for this repeated military knowledge blunders. Plus six strokes of koboko every morning and evening
Re: Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA), Kaduna Picture Thread by bidexiii: 4:48pm On Nov 18, 2014
Generaloluseye:
u are hereby sentenced to three months in the guardroom for this repeated military knowledge blunders. Plus six strokes of koboko every morning and evening
hahahahahahaahaa
Re: Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA), Kaduna Picture Thread by Itydee(m): 5:21pm On Nov 18, 2014
My son must be There. I WAS TOO SHORT TO MAKE IT THOUGH TOO BRIGHT TO BE IGNORED

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA), Kaduna Picture Thread by clubone05: 5:28pm On Nov 18, 2014
neighy:
theirs is called West Point

bros they have several defence academies. ..west point is just the most prestigious. ..sekina..

and I can tell y2ou that the mind set of 99 % of the cadets at NDA is "graduate and chop money"..via corrupt appointments..

The Nigerian army are currently an embarrassment. ..I don't say this lightly.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA), Kaduna Picture Thread by neighy(m): 8:19am On Nov 19, 2014
clubone05:

bros they have several defence academies. ..west point is just the most prestigious. ..sekina..

and I can tell y2ou that the mind set of 99 % of the cadets at NDA is "graduate and chop money"..via corrupt appointments..

The Nigerian army are currently an embarrassment. ..I don't say this lightly.
I neva said West Point is their only Military institute... And by the 99% you talking about... Thanks to our environment
Re: Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA), Kaduna Picture Thread by neighy(m): 8:23am On Nov 19, 2014
Generaloluseye:
grin.... Actually wen he sed lieutenant general wat came to my mind first was lieutenant colonel
Re: Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA), Kaduna Picture Thread by neighy(m): 8:24am On Nov 19, 2014
Itydee:
My son must be There. I WAS TOO SHORT TO MAKE IT THOUGH TOO BRIGHT TO BE IGNORED
how tall are you...
Re: Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA), Kaduna Picture Thread by clubone05: 8:24am On Nov 19, 2014
neighy:
I neva said West Point is their only Military institute... And by the 99% you talking about... Thanks to our environment

true that
Re: Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA), Kaduna Picture Thread by Nobody: 8:47am On Nov 19, 2014
egesie:

Just like in the US, but with one exception: The American Chief of Army Staff is a 4-star 'full' General, likewise the Marine Commandant, and the Chief of Air Staff.
Re: Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA), Kaduna Picture Thread by chat2deen(m): 8:52am On Nov 19, 2014
Pain:
Chai see old lines. Nostalgic.

It seems u are from dia! Hanging dos shining things all in the name of pips was an unforgettable experience. Afterall we could not do wat napoleon has not done before. Still hv nostalgic moments of my prep winging days. The job must be do, is Dat kilia grin
Re: Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA), Kaduna Picture Thread by Generaloluseye: 11:08am On Nov 19, 2014
bidexiii:
hahahahahahaahaa
re u the same bidexxi on the army dssc thread
Re: Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA), Kaduna Picture Thread by instinctg(m): 8:04am On Nov 20, 2014
great thread

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA), Kaduna Picture Thread by Nobody: 8:58am On Nov 20, 2014
It takes extraordinary military achievement to be a field marshal. General Agwai was the closest army officer in Nigeria to be a field marshal because he commanded one of the largest peace keeping operations in the world in Sudan. He was appointed by the United nations and he is one of the finest army officers Nigeria has ever produced.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA), Kaduna Picture Thread by seangy4konji: 9:47am On Nov 20, 2014
But dem no fit crush book haram na.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Nigerian Presidential Election 2023: Result Updates from INEC portal & Collation / List The Problems In Nigeria And Your Possible Solution / Nigerian States And What They Produce

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.