Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,868 members, 7,806,468 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:56 PM

Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA), Kaduna Picture Thread - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA), Kaduna Picture Thread (238279 Views)

Shiites Protest, Demand Release Of El-zakzaky In Kaduna (PICTURE) / Lamido And Amechi's Campaign Car In Kaduna (Picture) / Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA) military training (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA), Kaduna Picture Thread by robosky02(m): 3:45pm On Feb 13, 2015
nice thread
Re: Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA), Kaduna Picture Thread by Missy89(f): 3:48pm On Feb 13, 2015
12ema:

Please take everything you have said back. The problem is you are looking at everything from the point of view of a Nigerian, so you biased. Some countries do what you have mentioned but a lot don't.

No i am not. I am speaking form experience. There is politics in every military academy
Re: Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA), Kaduna Picture Thread by 12ema: 4:03pm On Feb 13, 2015
Missy89:

No i am not. I am speaking form experience. There is politics in every military academy

You are speaking from experience as you know it being a Nigerian living in Nigeria. Are you saying the same applies to the U.S military? Just so you know, i am a NCO in the U.S army, so i know what i am talking about.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA), Kaduna Picture Thread by obaayo2: 4:06pm On Feb 13, 2015
Great MOGADISHU battalion.. abode of action men.
GID BLESS THE NIGERIA DEFENCE ACADEMY
Re: Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA), Kaduna Picture Thread by championeh(m): 4:09pm On Feb 13, 2015
Human beign or Status?
olatade:
smiley
Re: Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA), Kaduna Picture Thread by Optimisticgondy(m): 4:10pm On Feb 13, 2015
Omo these trainings no easy o..so these are what my friend who have been in direct short service combatant training since January will be going through?

No wonder their phones are seized from them on their resumption for training; I just miss seeing and chatting with him. I pray for God's protection over him and all Nigerian Officers and soldiers.
Re: Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA), Kaduna Picture Thread by Missy89(f): 4:14pm On Feb 13, 2015
12ema:

You are speaking from experience as you know it being a Nigerian living in Nigeria. Are you saying the same applies to the U.S military? Just so you know, i am a NCO in the U.S army, so i know what i am talking about.

You are a NCO so you never went to any US military academy did you? You got in thru a recruiter? or NCOA? If you follow my post you will know where i live. was in a 4YRS AFROTC in college
Re: Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA), Kaduna Picture Thread by Optimisticgondy(m): 4:15pm On Feb 13, 2015
12ema:

Shuu! Oga Andrew! So you're Officer in the US Army? I trowey salute o

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA), Kaduna Picture Thread by 12ema: 4:24pm On Feb 13, 2015
Missy89:

You are a NCO so you never went to any US military academy did you? You got in thru a recruiter? If you follow my post you will know where i live. was in a 4YRS AFROTC in college

Irrespective of which training or designation you undergo to be part of the service, the climate we have does not give room for what you have suggested. Every soldier is held to the 7 army values. Vice president Joe Biden's Son was just kicked out of the military for conduct unbecoming of an officer. This is the son of the second most powerful person in the world. Why didn't his dad use politics to keep him in? To get in and graduate the military academy is solely based on merit. It is very simple: pass the asvab and you are in. Fail the asvab and you are out. There is no room for knuckle heads.
Re: Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA), Kaduna Picture Thread by 12ema: 4:25pm On Feb 13, 2015
Optimisticgondy:

Lol....
Re: Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA), Kaduna Picture Thread by castrokins(m): 4:26pm On Feb 13, 2015
Had I Been Admitted In 2006, I'd Be A Senior Military Officer Today. Sadly Admission As I Was Told Was Based On Recommendation. Wasted My Money And Time. Still Very Disappointed!
Re: Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA), Kaduna Picture Thread by enyice(m): 4:31pm On Feb 13, 2015
obaayo2:
Great MOGADISHU battalion.. abode of action men.
GID BLESS THE NIGERIA DEFENCE ACADEMY

Battalion of Malice...... Mogeeeeezzz.
Re: Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA), Kaduna Picture Thread by Nobody: 4:33pm On Feb 13, 2015
Optimisticgondy:
grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA), Kaduna Picture Thread by Missy89(f): 4:37pm On Feb 13, 2015
12ema:

Irrespective of which training or designation you undergo to be part of the service, the climate we have does not give room for what you have suggested. Every soldier is held to the 7 army values. Vice president Joe Biden Son was just kicked out of the military for conduct unbecoming of an officer. This is the son of the second most powerful person in the world. Why didn't his dad use politics to keep him in? To get in and graduate the military academy is solely based on merit. It is very simple: pass the asvab and you are in. Fail the asvab and you are out. There is no room for knuckle heads.

How do you think Biden's son who was in the reserves got into the prestigious position in the first place? You cant understand how academies work if you dont attend one. There is a big difference between following the rules once you are in and getting admitted in the first place. Go to any US military academy and you will see 3rd and 4th generation average officers that got on based on legacy because their father or grandfather was once a member of the Joint chiefs or a top brass in the pentagon.

I dont even need to argue this with anyone. Its like saying getting into an ivy league is based on merit.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA), Kaduna Picture Thread by theyungmayor(m): 4:37pm On Feb 13, 2015
Moderators and even seun close dis thread its disclosing to much information about our military...
Re: Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA), Kaduna Picture Thread by Nobody: 4:40pm On Feb 13, 2015
www.nairaland.com/attachments/1811598_pr1_jpeg0d1962f96790d09c222d1acda411c801
This image shows that Nigerian army is rag-tag. Why can't they dress well? I think it is time to build military schools in the South, one in the West and one in the East. I am tired of seeing those Northern barbarians in actions!
Re: Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA), Kaduna Picture Thread by 12ema: 4:42pm On Feb 13, 2015
Missy89:

How do you think Biden's son who was in the reserves got into the prestigious position in the first place? You cant understand how academies work if you dont attend one. There is a big difference between following the rules once you are in and getting admitted in the first place. Go to any US military academy and you will see 3rd and 4th generation average officers that got on based on legacy because their father or grandfather was once a member of the Joint chiefs or a top brass in the pentagon.

I dont even need to argue this with anyone. Its like saying getting into an ivy league is based on merit.

You know what? I need my head examined for arguing with you. You are gathering snipets from google and wiki and throwing it together without understanding the basics. I am giving you first hand information. Being in the reserves does not mean you cannot be an officer or reach the highest grade in the service. The only difference is as a reservist, you are a soldier part time and is only activated to full time when a deployment comes up. After your deployment you go back to being part time. I'm done. Have a good weekend.
Re: Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA), Kaduna Picture Thread by GuysnMum: 4:42pm On Feb 13, 2015
Oduduwaboy:
...and some pigs say Buhari is not educated! May Sango strike their bloody mouths !!!

BUT u are really senseless oooo. buhari never attended NDA. and u did not read that NDA started undergraduate courses while buhari had been made soldier. he started as what we call recruit, probably in jaji
Re: Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA), Kaduna Picture Thread by carlvon: 4:45pm On Feb 13, 2015
This is interesting.
Wonder the claims of army not well trained or equipped.
Re: Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA), Kaduna Picture Thread by Missy89(f): 4:49pm On Feb 13, 2015
12ema:

You know what? I need my head examined for arguing with you. You are gathering snipets from google and wiki and throwing it together without understanding the basics. I am giving you first hand information. Being in the reserves does not mean you cannot be an officer or reach the highest grade in the service. The only difference is as a reservist, you are a soldier part time and is only activated to full time when a deployment comes up. After your deployment you go back to being part time. I'm done. Have a good weekend.

I hear you. I am gathering sinpets from Google and wiki and every officer in the US military got into the academies by merit and you are giving me first hand information because you are a NCO in the US army.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA), Kaduna Picture Thread by 12ema: 4:51pm On Feb 13, 2015
Missy89:

I hear you. I am gathering sinpets from Google and wiki and every officer in the US military got into the academies by merit and you are giving me first hand information because you are a NCO in the US army.

That's correct. And oh, i don't know how people get into ivy leagues because i am not in an ivy league school, but i do know how the U.S army works because i am a soldier.
Re: Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA), Kaduna Picture Thread by lanregidi: 4:53pm On Feb 13, 2015
musiwa95:
lipsrsealed 57 years after the independent country of the kingdom of western Nigeria has nothing to show for it

As far as I am concern dis country is ruled one-sided,,,all military base and 80% of equipment are located in the North,,dis calls for worry,,,

I pity nigerians who want to vote for a Northerner to come back into power again..

Northern Nigerian!!!!
Southern Nigeria!!!!

it will happen soon!!!
Re: Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA), Kaduna Picture Thread by Missy89(f): 4:58pm On Feb 13, 2015
12ema:

That's correct. And oh, i don't know how people get into ivy leagues because i am not in an ivy league school, but i do know how the U.S army works because i am a soldier.

But the topic is about Military academies which you never attended or did you? I asked earlier you didn't really answer the question, Instead you accused me of taking snipets online

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA), Kaduna Picture Thread by lanregidi: 5:05pm On Feb 13, 2015
all4naija:
www.nairaland.com/attachments/1811598_pr1_jpeg0d1962f96790d09c222d1acda411c801
This image shows that Nigerian army is rag-tag. Why can't they dress well? I think it is time to build military schools in the South, one in the West and one in the East. I am tired of seeing those Northern barbarians in actions!

You are correct dude,, and that is why the Northern elite want to remain in power so there will be no room for such army development in the rest part of the country,,,and they are all secretly supporting Buhari to come back,,,,

In as much I am an APC member,,,,I do not support Buhari !!!!! Its better GEJ remains in power than allow a northerner rule us again...

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA), Kaduna Picture Thread by 12ema: 5:18pm On Feb 13, 2015
Missy89:

But the topic is about Military academies which you never attended or did you? I asked earlier you didn't really answer the question, Instead you accused me of taking snipets online

An academy which is part of a system that i am part of and understand very well. why? the transition from NCO to officer is well engrained in every soldier in case one decides to make the switch. I have never heard of someone just showing up at ROTC or OCS school because of connections. This is not the 18th century where one can just be drafted into service. The days of the draft is over which is exactly why what you have suggested is not possible. It is an all volunteer force where only 1 percent of the population wants to join. This is why i said initially that your views are biased because what you know is people bribing themselves into service and subjecting themselves to the mercies of a quota system. Here, there is no quota system nor the need to bribe. There are recruiters who go out and pretty much beg people to join. That's right, you heard me, They beg. That is also why the army gives bonuses as much as 40k to join. They need raw talent which is why they pay to get qualified people in. So, going by your logic, why do i need connections to get in or bribe my way in when i can get a bonus for joining?. Lastly, i wasn't trying to insult you. The only way you know what you know right now is because you are using google and wiki. I was just stating facts.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA), Kaduna Picture Thread by Author123(m): 5:24pm On Feb 13, 2015
I love this nigeria arm forces no be small........ They are the real hero!!!!!! Guiding our life after God......
Re: Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA), Kaduna Picture Thread by teabully(m): 5:28pm On Feb 13, 2015
Missy89:

NDA doesn't produce dull students?
You are mistaken training(endurance) for intellect(mental powers of a particular person). That is 2 different things.
You can train to be anything,That doesn't mean you are smart. Training sharpens your mind towards what you are taught and u have an advantage ONLY over a person that doesn't have the same training. That is why only few cadets can be a commanding officers even thou they all have the same training from the beginning. The mediocre ones would be wedded out after they leave college (some will still get CO positions based on connection thou)
@missy, u nailed it, do u have a relative in the army pls, ur explanations are so revealing and so vivid
Many average students get in everywhere. When u talk about first class or second class, you make it sound difficult. There is no big deal in getting a first class or a 2-1, 2-2 in any naija uni. I have seen many Niaja first class graduates flunk basic freshman algebra (no kidding) here.

Re: Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA), Kaduna Picture Thread by MilitaryMinded(m): 5:28pm On Feb 13, 2015
God bless my father's job academy
Re: Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA), Kaduna Picture Thread by ibrokola(m): 5:32pm On Feb 13, 2015
clubone05:

bros they have several defence academies. ..west point is just the most prestigious. ..sekina..

and I can tell y2ou that the mind set of 99 % of the cadets at NDA is "graduate and chop money"..via corrupt appointments..

The Nigerian army are currently an embarrassment. ..I don't say this lightly.

White fowl calling Cadets indisciplined from his kitchen. Join up if u dare! #WhoNoComeNoGoKnow!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA), Kaduna Picture Thread by kechywillz(m): 5:35pm On Feb 13, 2015
men wey dey go there na strong men,nigeria military no be childs play,remind me somehow of my sec schl day,was harsh
Re: Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA), Kaduna Picture Thread by SirShymexx: 5:36pm On Feb 13, 2015
Missy89:

Lmao @ an NCO who never attended a military academy, debating the politics involved with someone who attended one...and berating her, by accusing her of using google - hysterical. The guy is funny, though.

I'm enjoying ya shiit, MissyBigHead - educate that nyggah. tongue

The 3rd eye is watching. wink
Re: Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA), Kaduna Picture Thread by 12ema: 5:38pm On Feb 13, 2015
SirShymexx:

Lmao @ an NCO who never attended a military academy, debating the politics involved with someone who attended one...and berating her, by accusing her of using google - hysterical. The guy is funny, though.

I'm enjoying ya shiit, MissyBigHead - educate that nyggah. tongue

The 3rd eye is watching. wink

Nigerian logic will always amaze me.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Nigerian Presidential Election 2023: Result Updates from INEC portal & Collation / List The Problems In Nigeria And Your Possible Solution / Nigerian States And What They Produce

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.