Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,960 members, 7,799,260 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:00 PM

(opinion)apostle Paul Was A Religious Tyrant And A Sexist - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / (opinion)apostle Paul Was A Religious Tyrant And A Sexist (1237 Views)

Certificate Saga: Apostle Suleiman's 2015 Prophecies: See No 47- / Christians Must Choose Between Apostle Paul And Jesus Christ - Femi Aribisala / What Apostle Paul Had To Say About Tithes And Other Heretic Teachings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

(opinion)apostle Paul Was A Religious Tyrant And A Sexist by Dandy1(m): 1:41pm On Oct 26, 2014
Religion has always been an exploitative tooI since time immemorial.Religious leaders utilize the gullibility of their sheepish followers to control their lives and rip them of their earnings in some cases.I think apostle Paul was one of such people.A tyrant religious leader who often over-used his authority by forcing his personal opinions down the throat of his followers,since they held him in high esteem.
In reference to his saying in 1 Corinthians chapter 11 v 1 to 12. : 11:1 Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ.11:2 Now I praise you, brethren, that ye remember me in all things, and keep the ordinances, as I delivered them to you.11:3 But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.11:4 Every man praying or personalities, having his head covered, dishonoureth his head.11:5 But every woman that prayeth or prophesieth with her head uncovered dishonoureth her head: for that is even all one as if she were shaven.11:6 For if the woman be not covered, let her also be shorn: but if it be a shame for a woman to be shorn or shaven, let her be covered.11:7 For a man indeed ought not to cover his head, forasmuch as he is the image and glory of God: but the woman is the glory of the man.11:8 For the man is not of the woman: but the woman of the man.11:9 Neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man.11:10 For this cause ought the woman to have power on her head because of the angels.11:11 Nevertheless neither is the man without the woman, neither the woman without the man, in the Lord.11:12 For as the woman is of the man, even so is the man also by the woman; but all things of God.
Now if you go through this idea of his,he sounded like a pure sexist to me. I know most people of that era believed women should be totally submissive,but he was making sure it was more pronounced by painting men as far more superior beings to women with his chain of comparison.So he made a rule that they are not worthy to do what men do. As if God sent him to deliver such rule. As expected,the people took heed. Even up till present world.In his face though, only if he could come and experience the 21st century. Women are now world leaders and women even fvck men from the top now. Lol. It's time people started using their God given brain rather than doing what a fellow human like them says they should because they have more access to God than they do. Just my thoughts.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: (opinion)apostle Paul Was A Religious Tyrant And A Sexist by Nobody: 1:56pm On Oct 26, 2014
Dandy1:
Religion has always been an exploitative tooI since time immemorial.Religious leaders utilize the gullibility of their sheepish followers to control their lives and rip them of their earnings in some cases.I think apostle Paul was one of such people.A tyrant religious leader who often over-used his authority by forcing his personal opinions down the throat of his followers,since they held him in high esteem.
In reference to his saying in 1 Corinthians chapter 11 v 1 to 12. : 11:1 Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ.11:2 Now I praise you, brethren, that ye remember me in all things, and keep the ordinances, as I delivered them to you.11:3 But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.11:4 Every man praying or personalities, having his head covered, dishonoureth his head.11:5 But every woman that prayeth or prophesieth with her head uncovered dishonoureth her head: for that is even all one as if she were shaven.11:6 For if the woman be not covered, let her also be shorn: but if it be a shame for a woman to be shorn or shaven, let her be covered.11:7 For a man indeed ought not to cover his head, forasmuch as he is the image and glory of God: but the woman is the glory of the man.11:8 For the man is not of the woman: but the woman of the man.11:9 Neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man.11:10 For this cause ought the woman to have power on her head because of the angels.11:11 Nevertheless neither is the man without the woman, neither the woman without the man, in the Lord.11:12 For as the woman is of the man, even so is the man also by the woman; but all things of God.
Now if you go through this idea of his,he sounded like a pure sexist to me. I know most people of that era believed women should be totally submissive,but he was making sure it was more pronounced by painting men as far more superior beings to women with his chain of comparison.So he made a rule that they are not worthy to do what men do. As if God sent him to deliver such rule. As expected,the people took heed. Even up till present world.In his face though, only if he could come and experience the 21st century. Women are now world leaders and women even fvck men from the top now. Lol. It's time people started using their God given brain rather than doing what a fellow human like them says they should because they have more access to God than they do. Just my thoughts.
alright, when ur wife orders u around like a houseboy, pls dnt complain k....

1 Like

Re: (opinion)apostle Paul Was A Religious Tyrant And A Sexist by thorpido(m): 2:30pm On Oct 26, 2014
The first step to understanding the bible is to have a spirit of discernment.Without it,the bible becomes a book that will confuse you.
No wonder the bible says,.....with all thy getting,get understanding(Prov.4)

(1) (Reply)

Pope Francis' Trilla In Manilla: Record 6million People Attend Mass (PICS) / After Dreaming Of Eating Coconut, I Am Now Feeling Tooth Ache / 10 Types Of Men Christian Women Should Never Marry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.