Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,186 members, 7,807,629 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:32 PM

Access Bank Nig Plc, A Bank Or A Den Of Rogues? - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Access Bank Nig Plc, A Bank Or A Den Of Rogues? (1924 Views)

MTN Nigeria Will Be A Public Liability Company (PLC) In 2016 / Getting A Bank Loan Without Collateral: How? / Top 10 Best Nig. Investment Banks In This Meltdown Period? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Access Bank Nig Plc, A Bank Or A Den Of Rogues? by MAYSAMUEL(m): 6:29pm On Oct 26, 2014
I left Nigeria for US on Sept 11 and all this while I had no problem using the visa card issued by the bank both in withdrawing and purchasing till on the 30th of Sept when I couldn't withdraw or do any other thing. I placed a call to access bank customer service on October 1st to know what the problem was, and after all the questions and answers section,the lady who spoke to me requested for my information and location and I told her, the next thing I noticed was that I stopped receiving the usual email alerts only to be bombarded 3days later with transactions I know nothing about amounting to 4000$. I have called the bank, they sent me a form, I filled, sent back to them and they said it will take between 70/120days to carry out their investigation but to my surprise they sent me a mail on Friday and even called me to tell me that they have DECLINED my request, Access bank is trying to sweep this case under the carpet and telling me to do my worst, they are not interested in investigating to know who actually spent my money or who gave out my information, I am very certain it's the bank official I spoke with, I was in Boston and a duplicate card was being used to purchase and collect western union in Texas. Nairalanders please come to my rescue because sincerely I don't know what to do next.
Re: Access Bank Nig Plc, A Bank Or A Den Of Rogues? by luvlyoracle(m): 6:37pm On Oct 26, 2014
MAYSAMUEL:
I left Nigeria for US on Sept 11 and all this while I had no problem using the visa card issued by the bank both in withdrawing and purchasing till on the 30th of Sept when I couldn't withdraw or do any other thing. I placed a call to access bank customer service on October 1st to know what the problem was, and after all the questions and answers section,the lady who spoke to me requested for my information and location and I told her, the next thing I noticed was that I stopped receiving the usual email alerts only to be bombarded 3days later with transactions I know nothing about amounting to 4000$. I have called the bank, they sent me a form, I filled, sent back to them and they said it will take between 70/120days to carry out their investigation but to my surprise they sent me a mail on Friday and even called me to tell me that they have DECLINED my request, Access bank is trying to sweep this case under the carpet and telling me to do my worst, they are not interested in investigating to know who actually spent my money or who gave out my information, I am very certain it's the bank official I spoke with, I was in Boston and a duplicate card was being used to purchase and collect western union in Texas. Nairalanders please come to my rescue because sincerely I don't know what to do next.
Re: Access Bank Nig Plc, A Bank Or A Den Of Rogues? by oseiwe(m): 6:53pm On Oct 26, 2014
Guy, find any means to block that account and don't fill any form online. You have to come back to chase that issue cos Nigerian banks are not reliable.
Re: Access Bank Nig Plc, A Bank Or A Den Of Rogues? by bigtt76(f): 7:25pm On Oct 26, 2014
Hahaha ...very funny. 70/120 days to resolve card transaction issues? It should max 45 days. @OP did you release your full card details to the customer service agent?

Most Nigerian card holders are found of revealing all their card details to customer service agents undecided when they only need to release first 6 and last 4 digits NO PIN or Security required to resolve such issues.

That 70/120 days agent gave you is probably to sweep clean the account. Also do not discount the fact that places you might have gone to shop may also be involved. Scammers use genuine transactions to steal card details from customers.

You need to be careful and watchful while releasing your card to the shop owner or attendant to swipe on the POS. $4000 is too much money to have gone through the card is one day ....there's always a limit set by the bank as default except account holders increased such limit.

Lastly, I always tell people NEVER to tie their cards to accounts holding their entire bulk savings. Its too risky. Always ensure you have both current and savings. select one to tie your card to and use the other to hold your bulk funds.

For each card transactions you intend to carry out, check the equivalent using currency converter sites (I use oanda.com) then transfer a little above the amount to your card account and shop. This way if your card details are stolen, the thief would likely not find any funds on the card and would eventually discard your details.

Tying it to your bulk account means free-for-all shopping grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Access Bank Nig Plc, A Bank Or A Den Of Rogues? by onatisi(m): 7:54am On Oct 28, 2014
Did u reveal ur card details to anyone in the bank?
Re: Access Bank Nig Plc, A Bank Or A Den Of Rogues? by Nobody: 2:36pm On Oct 28, 2014
Re: Access Bank Nig Plc, A Bank Or A Den Of Rogues? by otokx(m): 7:58am On Oct 30, 2014
wow, what could have happened?
Re: Access Bank Nig Plc, A Bank Or A Den Of Rogues? by shoboy9: 11:29pm On Dec 10, 2015
can they be traced? because like it or not, these guys will come after someone else soon. maybe before they've even finished spending this one. the best security for all of us is to put such in jail.

(1) (Reply)

Dropshipping Dropshipping-----the Big Boys Hustle-----create Your Store Now / SPORT BETTING: 2odds 3 Times Daily. PHOTOS / WWW.PEGASUS-FX.COM | Above Average Returns For Investors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.