Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,458 members, 7,808,634 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:31 PM

NFF Crisis: Giwa Resumes, Recalls Keshi - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / NFF Crisis: Giwa Resumes, Recalls Keshi (551 Views)

Keshi Resumes; Recalls Ikechukwu Uche For Remaining AFCON Qualifiers / NFF Crisis: Giwa Resumes, Recalls Keshi / Keshi Recalls Uche Brothers For South Africa Clash!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NFF Crisis: Giwa Resumes, Recalls Keshi by danduchi(m): 11:54am On Oct 27, 2014
The Chris Giwa-led faction of the Nigeria Football
Federation has overturned the decision of the body
earlier taken by the opposing faction of Amaju
Pinnick to reinstate Stephen Keshi as the Super
Eagles coach. The Amaju-led faction replaced Keshi with Amodu Shaibu a fortnight ago after leading the Super Eagles to a 3-1 victory over Sudan in Abuja. The win was the team’s first in four matches in the qualifying series for the 2015 Africa Cup of Nations.
The Giwa faction took over the NFF following
Thursday’s ruling by a Jos Federal High Court, which
ordered the return of the status quo in the NFF
before the September 30 election that brought in the
Amaju-led board in Warri.
A part of the communique released on Friday by the
Giwa-led board reads, “The NFF board reviewed and
feels so strongly to sustain the out-of-contract
assignment given to the technical crew of the Super
Eagles led by Stephen Keshi at a very critical moment like this. Nigerians want the national team to play well, win and a pride to them.” The board also dissolved all committees set up by the
Amaju group and constituted new ones to manage
the nation’s football. Giwa told Sunday PUNCH on the telephone on Saturday that he would have no problem bringing Keshi back to manage the Super Eagles despite the coach saying he was prepared to move on after the NFF failed to renew his contract.
“I don’t have problem bringing Keshi back; he has not told me he was not interested. I’ve spoken with him and there are positive signs he is ready to lead the team to success,” Giwa said. “I’ve never met Keshi before but I cannot agree with the idea of replacing the coach at a time we have crucial matches to play and qualify for the Nations
Cup. “Inasmuch as I don’t have anything against Amodu, I don’t think it is the right time to bring him on board. Amodu has not coached any team in that capacity for a long time, and this is a crucial time when we need to be on top of everything.”
The Amaju group, however, said it was not losing
sleep over the activities of the Giwa faction.
The group confirmed on Saturday it has filed a Stay
of Execution at the Federal High Court, Jos Judicial
Division over the court’s ruling of Thursday.
The hearing of the case Stay of Execution comes up
on Wednesday. “We’re not losing sleep over this, we’ll get what we want from the court because we’ve not done anything wrong by conducting the NFF elections,” a member of the Amaju-led board said.
Source: Punch

Re: NFF Crisis: Giwa Resumes, Recalls Keshi by akinsadeez(m): 12:00pm On Oct 27, 2014
Giwa is the definition of desperation. Is it that he has no other gainful employment other than NFF. FIFA has resolved to ban Nigeria if we don't retain the Amaju Pinnick led board. I don't know why Giwa should continue to put his personal interest ahead of the Country as a whole. He needs to be thrown in jail.
Re: NFF Crisis: Giwa Resumes, Recalls Keshi by hushmail: 12:38pm On Oct 27, 2014
just here to read comments
Re: NFF Crisis: Giwa Resumes, Recalls Keshi by Sability(m): 3:00pm On Oct 27, 2014
@ akinsadeez you have said it all but then before he is thrown in jail he needs to to given MASS BEATING by all of us.

(1) (Reply)

True Facts Highlighted From Man Utd Vs Chelsea Match / Breaking News!!! Nigeria Gets Fresh FIFA Deadline / South Africa’s Football Captain Shot Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.