Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,342 members, 7,808,203 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:38 AM

The Skywalker Series - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Skywalker Series (15027 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Skywalker Series by Athanatos(m): 2:02pm On Oct 31, 2014
jemtiful:
captivatin nd mind blowin
Gracias!!!!!!
Re: The Skywalker Series by Royver(m): 7:30pm On Oct 31, 2014
Sipping from a bottle of chilled Smirnoff.

Nice and captivating! Wait, someone already said that... You've got me hooked real good. Keep it coming!
Re: The Skywalker Series by Athanatos(m): 8:09pm On Oct 31, 2014
Royver:
Sipping from a bottle of chilled Smirnoff.

Nice and captivating! Wait, someone already said that... You've got me hooked real good. Keep it coming!
Oga mi thank you Sir!!!!!
Re: The Skywalker Series by Nobody: 9:51pm On Oct 31, 2014
Athanatos:
Oga mi thank you Sir!!!!!
how do U sleep@night with all these horrific tales embedded in Ur brain?
Stuff is scary.
Re: The Skywalker Series by Athanatos(m): 9:53pm On Oct 31, 2014
madridfc:
how do U sleep@night with all these horrific tales embedded in Ur brain?
Stuff is scary.
Lol I get by,my friend.
Re: The Skywalker Series by Athanatos(m): 2:32am On Nov 01, 2014

I told him everything.

He was silent for a while,as if he never heard a word I said. Then he stood up.

"Now I understand" He muttered,opening the door.

"Understand what?And where are you going" I queried.

"Not I.We" he answered,motioning me to come out of the hut.

"I am not going anywhere" I protested;"Not without an explanation"

He sighed.

"The Gall is the spiritual symbol for bitterness and anger. In combat,your power feeds on the anger in your gall,without it,you have no ability. That is why they conjured up Ayradan to collect it" He explained,looking around furtively.

"Are you saying...."

"All I'm saying is that the Powers of Thunder and Lightning are in your gall,just like the Powers of the Sunlight and Fire are in mine. Magical beings cannot survive without their galls!" He impatiently answered,cutting me off.

"No problems. What do we do?" I asked.

"You will continue with your training. Tomorrow we go to the Pit. You will begin to learn the martial arts. For now you should go home to your worrying Mother" He answered.

"But...why Martial Arts? Everyone in this town knows that a goat can throw me down in a wrestling match!" I complained.

"We do not have time. The Ayradan travels at tremendous speed which no mortal can match. Give it a week,and it will be in this town,sniffing about for you. Which do you prefer: Dying unprepared,or preparing to vanqish the enemy? Leave this hut. Tomorrow you shall begin training with the other volunteers" He admonished.

Just then,a hunter passed by.

"Dalu o,Greetings,Nna anyi Akalazu!" He hailed.

"Greetings,my son" Anyanwu replied.

Yet another surprise,I mused. Before me was Anyanwu in all his glory,but the hunter could only see an old man.

"I know what you must be thinking, and I'll explain to you why it is so. The trance you have just come out from is The Revelation,the birth of magical beings. You have aroused the powers in you,and those powers have made you to see me for who I really am. You are no longer a mere mortal,Amadi. Know that"
Re: The Skywalker Series by Athanatos(m): 3:16am On Nov 01, 2014

The next day dawned bright,the Sun shining brightly over the town.

"I really miss my home" Anyanwu rued,staring unflinchingly at the Sun as we made our way to the Pit.

We got there just in time. The volunteers had already started their sessions. A plump,strong man stood,supervising the volunteers. On seeing us,he ran toward us. He stopped before Anyanwu,and he bowed.

"Greetings, Old One,have you come to see us?"

"Greetings,my son,I brought my great-grand nephew to train with the volunteers" Anyanwu answered.

The man looked me over and nodded.

"We could use him,Old one" he agreed. "What's your name son?"

"Amadi" I answered.

"Go over there and pick up your gear. We start with archery" He commanded,pointing over to a wooden shed where polished weapons of war were stored.

Anyanwu pulled me aside.

"Always remember,you are no longer mortal. Do not let anybody know,if they do,The Tuareg bastards would easily pluck you like a fowl. Be careful" He whispered,patting me on the back and shoving me toward the shed.

I ran off,and I got to the shed panting. There were so many weapons to choose from.
I promptly picked my bow and arrow when I heard a voice behind me.

"Please make haste,I have a shooting class to attend"

I turned.

And there she was standing before me,that pretty damsel I saw a week ago at the Pit.

"Errrm... Your name is Omambala,right?" I blurted.

"What?No!I am called Aninye" she replied,incredulous.

"Oh...sorry" I apologised,trying to walk away,but she stopped me.

"I have a twin sister who died three rains ago. Her name was Omambala"
Re: The Skywalker Series by Timothy3113(m): 7:47am On Nov 01, 2014
More
Re: The Skywalker Series by fhunkhy(f): 9:13am On Nov 01, 2014
Keep it coming. I like ur style of writing
Re: The Skywalker Series by Athanatos(m): 11:07am On Nov 01, 2014
fhunkhy:
Merci Madame!
Re: The Skywalker Series by Fatalveli(m): 12:49pm On Nov 01, 2014
Damn! Hw come I'm just seeing dis.... Its do captivating!
Re: The Skywalker Series by Athanatos(m): 4:24pm On Nov 01, 2014

"Stand! Aim!! Shoot!!!"

My first day of archery training was happily uneventful,considering the fact that the bullies around were preoccupied with completing their training tasks satisfactorily.

My shooting was still awful,but Mazi Odoechina,our instructor,told me that I'd do just fine.

"You'll come good son. I see that desire in your eyes"

After the day's training,I looked around to see if I could find Aninye so we could talk.
I didn't. Maybe she left immediately after we were done.

The Pit was empty now. I decided to stay back and practice more on my shooting and my stance. I positioned my arrow on the quiver,stretched it hard and let go. It went wide of the target,a hanging log of wood.
My second and third shots were better than the first. Then I tried the fourth time.

And I hit the target.

"For a beginner,that's not bad"

She walked up to me with a lean smile. I was at a loss for words.

"Y-y-you're still here" I managed to blurt out.

"Try again" she said,nodding toward the target.

I tried again,and like the first shot,it went wide.

"Let me help you" she offered.

Before I could say anything,she was already behind me,taking my right hand and placing in on the quiver,before placing her hands on mine.

I felt the colour rush to my cheeks. I had never been this close to a girl before.

"Let your eyes guide you" She instructed,her voice soothing and dizzying.

My heart took over and supplanted my eyes.

All I could think of at that moment was her. Her big,dreamy eyes,smooth legs,supple body took over my head. I was in love,I knew it,but I was scared of rejection. Scared of her rubbing it in my face that dreaming about her was the closest I would come. Scared...

"There! That was a great shot!" She exclaimed,rubbing her hands in glee.

I looked at the target to see an arrow neatly lodged at the centre.

"Wh-wh-what happened?" I asked,snapping back from my daydream.

She turned back,laughing at me and walked towards the exit,her hips swaying provocatively.

"Goodbye!" She hollered.
Re: The Skywalker Series by Athanatos(m): 4:28pm On Nov 01, 2014
Fatalveli:
Damn! Hw come I'm just seeing dis.... Its do captivating!
Obrigado!!!!! Mucho Appreciacion!!!!!
Re: The Skywalker Series by fhunn: 7:57pm On Nov 01, 2014
fhunkhy:

Ma lil sis!!!
Re: The Skywalker Series by fhunkhy(f): 9:27pm On Nov 01, 2014
Love in the picture.m not Sure if he needs it now

Fhunn,aw r u?
Re: The Skywalker Series by Athanatos(m): 10:07pm On Nov 01, 2014

That evening,I hastily finished my chores,grabbed a torch,smeared it with wax,lighted it up,put on my cloak and headed for the door.

"Where are you going? Its late nwa m" Mother asked,rising.

"Mother...I have somewhere to be.I'll be back before midnight" I answered,giving her a hug. Then I opened the door and slipped outside.

For the past one week,Mother had constantly been querying me as to the sudden changes she noticed in me. I no longer went with her to the market. I would slip out of the house at the crow of the cock,only to come back at dusk. I had ceased to be the happy,sunny boy I was. I had become something different,she complained.

My heart beat fast as I moved further into town. I walked briskly,broke into a short run,then went back to walking briskly.

For the price of ten cowries,Amanso,the Town Gossip,had told me where Aninye lived. Amanso,a middle-aged glutton who knew nothing but peddling gossip,was a darling to the kids who came out to play in the daytime. He proved a little stubborn when I asked him for directions. At the sight of the cowries,he told me in detail about her abode.

I stopped in front of a cottage with bright lights. Then I ducked out of sight.

I had already started working on my speech when I meet her,when I heard a voice shriek.

"No!No!Don't do this to me!Please don't defile me!"

Defile? I listened closely and heard some male voices muttering.

"Let us taste her here" One suggested.

"No,this is her father's house!Don't you think,you clown!? We take her to the bush!"
Another voice answered,bearing an umistakable tone of superiority.

I strained my eyes to see four men hoist a frail female figure on their shoulders,as they made for a nearby bush to my right.

Aninye! Were they trying to defile her?

I tiptoed slowly and carefully,making out the shadows in the bush. I picked up a log of wood,grabbed it with my two hands and kept on moving toward the shadows with care and alertness.

Well,I wasn't alert enough.

From behind me,I felt something so hard hit my head,that I reeled in shock and pain. I swung round in defence to hit back. But my assailant was way faster. And more vicious.

The next blow hit my jaw. I tasted salt on my tongue,and I tasted my blood,as I slumped to the ground,numb. Out of my blurring senses I could hear a voice.

"Its the Egret again! He wants to act brave!"

Then I heard and saw no more.
Re: The Skywalker Series by Athanatos(m): 10:09pm On Nov 01, 2014
fhunkhy:

Fhunn,aw r u?
Its a little dicey though.Don't be so sure.
Re: The Skywalker Series by fhunn: 11:13pm On Nov 01, 2014
fhunkhy:

Fhunn,aw r u?

Ehn, why won't I need it now BTW I am physically doing well *winks*
Re: The Skywalker Series by Fatalveli(m): 7:53am On Nov 02, 2014
Damn! I hate it when someone force himself on a girl, especially virgins...
Re: The Skywalker Series by Athanatos(m): 9:29pm On Nov 02, 2014

Splash! Splash!

I came to the surface,feeling water on my face. First thing I saw was the silhouette of a man standing with his back to me. Then I realised I was tied to a tree with a strong rope.

"He's awake now" One of my captors,wearing a mask,announced.

The man turned. He was wearing a mask as well. I guessed he was their leader. He stopped in front of me.

He removed his mask.

I was horrified.

"Akaeze! Why are you doing this?" I asked,trying to mask the surprise I felt.

He smiled. He looked sideways at my left. Then I remembered Aninye. I turned to see her tied to another tree,sobbing.

"Tell me you did not touch her!Tell me you didn't!" I shrieked,trying in vain to break free from the tree. He patted my head and walked over to Aninye,caressing her cheeks.

"Take your rotten hands off me!" She yelped.

What happened next was a surprise to me. I saw Akaeze raise his hand and smack Aninye across the face four times. Then he came to me.

"I wanted her,I wanted her!!!!.Look at her,all that beauty,all that grace!!!! It is fitting that a Lion like me ends up with a goddess. But she refused me,Akaeze. How could she dare?"

"If I were her,I'd do more than say no" I taunted.

Expectedly,a punch found its way to my jaw. Then he laughed.

"You like her,don't you? I saw the way you were looking at her when you came to the Pit. I saw the two of you playing lovingly with the bow and arrow. Not much passes my notice in this lovely town" He sang.

"Let him go,he has done no wrong,I'm the one you came for" Aninye pleaded,between sobs.

"Oooohhhh....isn't that touching? You love him too? This runt? This weakling? This...This...Egret?" He asked,turning to his masked colleagues,who were laughing.

I felt a rumbling in my stomach. I was hungry.

"For how long have we been here?" I queried.

"Let's just say we're closer to the break of dawn. Brothers! Take that wench into the house and prepare her for me. I don't care whether having her in her father's house is an abomination or not,not anymore" He announced.

Three of the masked men untied Aninye,and were taking her into the house when the unexpected happened.

A strong wind blew through the bush. It seemed the skies were about to let down the rain,until I noticed Aninye's hands were glowing. The masked men were perplexed by the sight.

"Let me go!" She screamed.

A rock from nowhere hit one of the men holding her. One of her hands was free. She hit the other captor. He ducked and lashed out at her,sending her reeling. She stood up.

Her eyes were glowing as well.

I saw her being taken up in the air,where she remained suspended. The wind was stronger this time.

"She's a spirit!" Akaeze screamed in horror.

I saw her move her hands,and stones on the ground moved up in the air and hung there. I have never seen such a deluge of stones in my life. They sorrounded her,until she raised her left hand like an someone about to give a signal for an execution.

Then she brought it down.

The stones flew toward Akaeze,who was crouching behind a fallen log of wood. They hit him with the intensity of arrows on a battlefield. He slumped to the ground,lifeless.

It was all too much to take in. I closed my eyes to make sure this was a nightmare. Then I opened my eyes.

She was already by my side,untying the rope that bound me to the tree.

"Let us get out of here" she whispered.
Re: The Skywalker Series by fhunkhy(f): 8:13am On Nov 03, 2014
This is amazing. Anyinye too get power sha. Thanks Anthanatos[color=#550000]
Re: The Skywalker Series by Nobody: 8:38am On Nov 03, 2014
This is too much,,,,really captivating, keep coming pls
Re: The Skywalker Series by emarkson(m): 12:00pm On Nov 16, 2014
bros abeg cum update na
Re: The Skywalker Series by fhunn: 12:12pm On Nov 23, 2014
Abi oooooooo
Re: The Skywalker Series by Athanatos(m): 7:37am On Dec 07, 2014
Sorry guys! I've Been uber busy...will update soon!!!
Re: The Skywalker Series by Mczigx(m): 11:04am On Dec 07, 2014
Broda i mst commend u, dats a gud story u gat gng dere.kip up d gud work
Re: The Skywalker Series by emarkson(m): 8:02pm On Dec 07, 2014
Athanatos:
Sorry guys! I've Been uber busy...will update soon!!!
we dy wait oh
Re: The Skywalker Series by Athanatos(m): 1:08pm On Dec 10, 2014

I was stupefied as she dragged me along the paths that wound uphill.

"Where are we going?" I asked,frightened to death.

No answer.

"Who are you please?At least tell me who you really are!"

Silence.

She just did not seem human anymore;did not look anything like the girl I fawned over and fantasized about.

"Aninye! Stop!" I yelped,wriggling free of her.

She turned to face me.

"We do not have time! The whole town would think we killed Akaeze! I do not want to die,at least not now!" She pleaded,the fright boldly written on her face.

Just then, a horse with a turbaned rider rode past us,raising a cloud of dust,turning left and heading toward The Pit.

"Isn't-Isn't that a Tuareg?" Aninye asked,not believing her eyes.

"It's riding toward The Pit!" I noted with alarm.

Then it hit me. A Tuareg riding toward the Pit could mean only one thing.

"We're going to war!!!!" We chorused,stricken with cold fear.

We raced toward the Pit,only catching sight of the Kaftan billowing in the wind against the first light of dawn.

It stopped at the gates,as if it was waiting for us to catch up. I must confess,I have never run this hard since I was born,but Aninye looked unruffled.Matter for another day,I mused.

On catching up, the rider,who was sitting straight,slumped on the horse.

"The rider has been dead before he mounted the horse" Aninye intelligently noted.

As if on cue,I went over with her,and uncovered the face of the dead rider.

And I was paralysed with unbelievable shock.

There,staring at me from the veil,was our King,dead.
Re: The Skywalker Series by Athanatos(m): 1:11pm On Dec 10, 2014
Sorry for wasting time,I hope I'm forgiven?More updates coming!
Re: The Skywalker Series by Nobody: 1:54pm On Dec 10, 2014
Athanatos:
Sorry for wasting time,I hope I'm forgiven?More updates coming!
we re waiting...thanks
Re: The Skywalker Series by Mutaino7(m): 5:31pm On Dec 10, 2014
4lowing
Re: The Skywalker Series by Mczigx(m): 6:46pm On Dec 10, 2014
Hmmmmm i smell trouble

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What's The Best Story You've Ever Read Here On Literature Forum / Best Books You've Read This Year? / Do Animals Think??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.