Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,238 members, 7,807,800 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:29 PM

Bishop Mike Okonkwo Acquires Private Jet - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bishop Mike Okonkwo Acquires Private Jet (30370 Views)

Bishop Mike Okonkwo's Daughter's White Wedding Today (Photos) / Traditional Wedding Of Bishop Mike Okonkwo's Child (Photos) / Bishop Mike Okonkwo’s Daughter To Wed (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bishop Mike Okonkwo Acquires Private Jet by shinystar(m): 4:23pm On Nov 17, 2008
Presiding Bishop of The Redeemed Evangelical Mission(TREM) Bishop Mike Okonkwo has joined the growing lsit of pastors with private jet in the country. Okonkwo, at the annual conference of his church, told the excited participants that the jet would help facilitate the new phase of his ministry.

Ministers who have private jets include Bishop David Oyedepo and Pastor Sam Adeyemi.
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo Acquires Private Jet by DavidDylan(m): 4:26pm On Nov 17, 2008
the Lawd is good.
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo Acquires Private Jet by KunleOshob(m): 4:30pm On Nov 17, 2008
shinystar:

Presiding Bishop of The Redeemed Evangelical Mission(TREM) Bishop Mike Okonkwo has joined the growing lsit of pastors with private jet in the country. Okonkwo, at the annual conference of his church, told the excited participants that the jet would help facilitate the new phase of his ministry.
Ministers who have private jets include Bishop David Oyedepo and Pastor Sam Adeyemi.
I would have to confirm this, his corporate headoffice is in my area a lot of my neighbours patronize his business.
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo Acquires Private Jet by huxley(m): 4:31pm On Nov 17, 2008
God rewards his faithful servants abundantly.
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo Acquires Private Jet by bawomolo(m): 3:50am On Nov 18, 2008
hallelujah hallelujah. the lord blessed job, why can't he bless bishop okonkwo. barawo
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo Acquires Private Jet by meexteriox(m): 11:37am On Nov 19, 2008
Really?
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo Acquires Private Jet by oderemo(m): 9:20pm On Nov 20, 2008
mary slessor came all d way from england to save souls in dark calabar, i pray this is to take him to rep. of congo to save all the tutsi from there brothers killas. oleeeeeeee.
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo Acquires Private Jet by otokx(m): 11:22pm On Nov 20, 2008
d pastors life is surely getting better; i could not help smile at a picture of him and his wife in the newspaper the other day - very fat and over healthy.
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo Acquires Private Jet by MrCrackles(m): 11:26pm On Nov 20, 2008
shinystar:

Presiding Bishop of The Redeemed Evangelical Mission(TREM) Bishop Mike Okonkwo has joined the growing lsit of pastors with private jet in the country. Okonkwo, at the annual conference of his church, told the[b] excited participants [/b]that the jet would help facilitate the new phase of his ministry.

Idiots and moronic buffoons are the people getting excited because thier pastor bought a jet!

Vanity upon vanity

Church money, congregation tithe, juju money and 419 money all joined together

Humm i smell a rat!
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo Acquires Private Jet by DeepZone: 12:19am On Nov 21, 2008
shinystar:

Facilitate what? We complain of mismanagement by our govt yet our religious leaders that criticize the govt are champions in mismanagement. Tell me how a jet will facilitate activities in his ministry? I pity Nigerians, they get screwed by their govt during the weekdays and on sunday their pastor will screw them again without condoms.
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo Acquires Private Jet by manmustwac(m): 1:42am On Nov 21, 2008
DeepZone:

Facilitate what? We complain of mismanagement by our govt yet our religious leaders that criticize the govt are champions in mismanagement. Tell me how a jet will facilitate activities in his ministry? I pity Nigerians, they get screwed by their govt during the weekdays and on sunday their pastor will screw them again without condoms.
lol without condoms? u dey funny. Even if he use condom sef what difference would it make since the whole congregation is cheaper than ashawo
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo Acquires Private Jet by Gamine(f): 11:07am On Nov 21, 2008
Give the Lawd a Big Hend!!! grin !!
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo Acquires Private Jet by oderemo(m): 10:01pm On Nov 21, 2008
i pray JESUS CHRIST come down today. these so called thieves and noise maker will shake in there booth. hell awaits you all . oleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo Acquires Private Jet by DeepZone: 11:18pm On Nov 21, 2008
lol without condoms? u dey funny. Even if he use condom sef what difference would it make since the whole congregation is cheaper than ashawo
May be the congregation will get back to their senses while he is still opening the condom pack.
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo Acquires Private Jet by reindeer: 8:31am On Nov 22, 2008
My own question

why does God allow all these people drag his name in the mud? private jets when the congregation has a lot of people praying for the next meal? quite insensitive.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo Acquires Private Jet by Gamine(f): 10:33am On Nov 22, 2008
@Reindeer

You have missed a Greater Conundrum

Why will a Perfect God create such imperfections
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo Acquires Private Jet by Nobody: 12:15pm On Nov 22, 2008
im sorry, these 'Men of God' make me sick.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo Acquires Private Jet by Horus(m): 12:56pm On Nov 22, 2008
Church leaders accept tithes in the name of God. They'll say “God needs your help for a private jet” .What does god need with a multi-million dollar Private Jet? Nothing. These are the same so-called church leaders that you'll find riding in fancy cars, eating the best foods, living in expensive homes and living the life of wealthy people while their followers scrape and struggle to do “God's will” by tithing. These so-called leaders will lead congregations in the worse of the worse neighborhoods and on their way to church to preach on Sundays or Saturdays or whatever day they declare to be the Sabbath, They will step over the homeless or the less fortunate.
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo Acquires Private Jet by Tonyet1(m): 2:13pm On Nov 22, 2008
friends why are we getting mad at all this. . . ,

Jesus told us that in the last days. . . .many will come in his name and deceive many. . . . .signs of the endtime my friends

they assume that godliness is gain. . . .lets keep watching and seeing, i am even expecting more

and also i was told of the lastest fratenity in nigeria now called "THE BILLIONAIRE PASTORS" just for the special MOG's only

hmmmmmmm what else can i say
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo Acquires Private Jet by plappville(f): 4:16pm On Nov 22, 2008
If these kind of things don't take place how will the prophesy of Jesus Christ come to pass??

2 Peter 2:1-3: False Bible teachers would be money hungry. They would be smooth talkers, have many followers, and slur the Christian faith
"Like wetin dey happen these days with some pastors." Cant they spread the wealth to those motherless home or build free educational centers.

Homosexuality would be increasingly evident at the end of the age (2 Timothy 3:3)
the rate of homosexuality today is a prove. shocked shocked shocked

Deadly diseases would be prevalent (Matthew 24:7). )
The worldwide increase in AIDS deaths is almost inestimable.
Over 160,000 Americans die of cancer each year. Many more evidence to prove that the endtime is here but still no 1 knows the time.

Christians shouldn't be ignorant of the truth, they should read more of their bible not only listening to the words of pastors and all that, forgetting that on the last day, Pastor go answer him papa name.
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo Acquires Private Jet by shinystar(m): 6:33pm On Nov 24, 2008
Guys, are we saying he does not deserve the jet after years of meritorious service in the Lord's vineyard?

Can't we at least be happy for him?

1 Like

Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo Acquires Private Jet by Tonyet1(m): 10:33am On Nov 25, 2008
@shinystar,

i have a lil question for you!, where did this men get the money from?, if you say from the offerings and tithes now , have you ever seen sheep feeding shepherds before?, only in the endtime church, i am a pentecostal christian and to be candid i am beginning to get afraid with the latest trends in our sects,

forgive me to say this,

OKONKWO missed it this time, a leader that Jesus preached about is someone that is a servant. . . period
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo Acquires Private Jet by KunleOshob(m): 10:46am On Nov 25, 2008
Whilst i do not hold brief for Bishop Okonwo whom i see as Just another successful Super rich "holy" Business man, i have not been able to verify this private Jet story as being true. I have spoken to a number of his Church members (His headquaters is very close to my house) and non of them seems to be aware of this information. If the info had been announced like the OP asserted, then his church members should know.
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo Acquires Private Jet by Dbaby4: 11:47am On Nov 25, 2008
The lord is supplying all his needs according to his riches in Glory. grin no shaking our God is not a poor God, so our Men of God need to display the richness of God to the gentiles. Make them ride on oh! NOTHING DO THEM grin grin grin grin
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo Acquires Private Jet by shinystar(m): 11:59am On Nov 25, 2008
KunleOshob,

I was part of the reportorial team for the conference where he made the announcement. Those members were probable not there or being mysterious. No that he has taken delivery though because he said what is left is giving them the specifications. So, technically, he has acquired pending delivery.\

By the way, does anyone has any idea how a jet costs?
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo Acquires Private Jet by KunleOshob(m): 12:09pm On Nov 25, 2008
shinystar:

KunleOshob,

I was part of the reportorial team for the conference where he made the announcement. Those members were probable not there or being mysterious. No that he has taken delivery though because he said what is left is giving[b] them the specifications.[/b] So, technically, he has acquired pending delivery.\

By the way, does anyone has any idea how a jet costs?
A private jet could cost anything between a million dollars for a tokunbo turbo prop model and up to thirty million dollars for a brand new state of the art gulf stream five made to specifications. Now since your post mentions "specifications" that suggests he is buying a brand new corporate jet. One that would be capable of long haul flights (intercontinental flights to europe and america) should cost at least twenty million dollars. Yet his main church auditorium remains uncompleted almost ten years after the building was started
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo Acquires Private Jet by Tonyet1(m): 12:17pm On Nov 25, 2008
shinystar:

does anyone has any idea how a jet costs?

$20,000,000 to[b] $35,000,000 [/b] FOR A 2ND-3RD HAND

$50,000,000 FOR A FAIRLY USED

$80,000,000
to[b] $100,000,000 [/b] for a brand new personal
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo Acquires Private Jet by shinystar(m): 12:25pm On Nov 25, 2008
It is well!

I leave us to ponder on the costs.
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo Acquires Private Jet by KunleOshob(m): 12:53pm On Nov 25, 2008
tonye-t:

$20,000,000 to[b] $35,000,000 [/b] FOR A 2ND-3RD HAND

$50,000,000 FOR A FAIRLY USED

$80,000,000
to[b] $100,000,000 [/b] for a brand new personal
Your figures are way off the mark, maybe youare quoting the prices for a commercial jet or a boeing business jet which in itself is a commercial jet converted for private use. A standard state of the art Gulf stream 5 costs approximately $30 million U.S depending on specifications. The Gulf stream is regarded as the best brand of business jet available.
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo Acquires Private Jet by bobokanis(m): 1:53pm On Nov 25, 2008
@ poster
So what?
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo Acquires Private Jet by manmustwac(m): 2:38pm On Nov 25, 2008
[quote author=Gamine link=topic=196936.msg3121607#msg3121607 date=122734641
Why will a Perfect God create such imperfections[quote][/quote]
So what makes u think God created all these imperfections? Its man who created them for his own benifits. Its coz of things like this that am convinced that God don't exist
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo Acquires Private Jet by Tonyet1(m): 3:39pm On Nov 25, 2008
"only a fool says there is no God"-from the book of Job

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Any Funny Or Interesting Experience In Today's Service? Come In And Share / Joseph Ayo Babalola's 116th Posthumous Birthday Is Today / Let's Study The Bible Daily And Finish It In One Year!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.