Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,806 members, 7,802,577 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:36 PM

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport - Travel (152) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport (1425784 Views)

The Only Street In America With A Nigeria Name / Chinese Man Speaking Pidgin On Plane To A Nigeria Woman During A Fight / 44 Countries You Can Travel To With A Nigeria International Passport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) ... (826) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by cedar3: 11:24am On Oct 23, 2020
Dave0116:
Please where can I get the guarantor form?

Secondly the name I bare now is different from the name on my birth certificate, how can I rectify that?
You can print it out online from the same NIS website. Under the Apply for ePassport or New Passport I think, you'd see the option for Guarantor's Form.

If you logged out and later try logging in to access it, you'd be required to input your Application and Reference IDs. I believe you already have them.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Dave0116(m): 11:42am On Oct 23, 2020
cedar3:

You can print it out online from the same NIS website. Under the Apply for ePassport or New Passport I think, you'd see the option for Guarantor's Form.

If you logged out and later try logging in to access it, you'd be required to input your Application and Reference IDs. I believe you already have them.
Seen thank you very much
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by rahztafari(m): 3:43pm On Oct 23, 2020
TOdus18:

You're welcome grin
Hi.
Can you give me a brief rundown of what I need to apply for this passport in ikoyi.
Thanks in advance!
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Nobody: 6:08am On Oct 24, 2020
Please nairalanders is there any place in Benin city to do it?? And how much will it cost??.

I can't travel to Lagos or Abuja for that
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Nobody: 5:56pm On Oct 24, 2020
Very useful. Thanks

calculator123:
So I was at NIS Ikoyi office today for fresh passport enrollment. I received a text message and an email from them since Monday to go for the enrollment but my interview was slated for tommorow being Friday.

I got there around 7:35 AM pretty early, I saw crowd just at the entrance. I walked up to an immigration officer wanting to know the opening time and where I can get the guarantor's form notarized. He told me they resume by 8 but the notary office is somewhere in IGBOSERE. I just smiled, thanked him, logged on to NL reading with the speed of light because I remember reading a comment that said we could get the the form notarized in the passport office. I found the comment and my conviction became stronger.

Lesson 1: not every immigration officer know what goes on in their office. Some are practically clueless.

As at 7:50 AM, I was having chitchat with one those touts at the gate and I asked him if he knew where the notary office was located. He looked at me obviously confused and asked who was running the process for me. I said I am doing it myself, do you have a problem with that? He looked angered and went into a 3 minutes "shalaye" of how you need someone who knows someone to run the parole for you and that if you do it yourself, your passport wouldn't be process and even if it gets processed, it would be lost in transit (whatever that means). I smiled grin baded him farewell and returned in time to listen to the officer calling out the number for those who were for the passport collection. The time was 7:57AM.

Lesson 2: whatever you do, ensure to do your due diligence because people are willing to pounce on your ignorance all for material gain.

After calling different actions from national ID enrollment, passport collection, I didn't hear fresh passport application. I walked up to one of the officers to ask, he said I would have to wait oh. So I chilled while observing everything happening around me. The level of "man-know-man" that goes on in our public offices can't be described but best experienced. At exactly 8:20 AM I didn't hear anything from them, with anger in my bones, I walked to one of the officers, showed him the SMS I got and he was apologetic about delaying me since. He quickly fixed me into one of the lines, got my temperature checked and I was inside. Knowing I hadn't notarized my form, I asked for directions and located the place but unfortunately, it was closed (this was what prompted my initial comment above). In the process of waiting, I saw a guy who came for the same purpose holding a white file with "32 page passport" boldly written on it with a marker. I asked where he got that file from and he said SERVICOM. I moved swiftly to SERVICOM, greeted the officer on duty and told him why I was there. He gave me a form, 4 pages to make photocopy. I went outside the office and did the photocopy for #50 per page. Went back in, filled the form accordingly and returned to the female officer he directed me to. She helped arrange the file and when she noticed I hadn't notarized the form, I quickly told her the office was locked. She picked her phone, made a call and told me the man in question is available and I that I should go ASAP before the queue becomes long. I went there, met a small crowd but with confidence, went to the front of the queue and said I was from officer **** since I had memorized her name from the name tag. I was attended to quickly (paid #500 for this service) and returned the notarized form to her, she took her time to arrange the documents and gave me a brown file (picture attached). She then told me to go to a office opposite hers and give to the officer on duty and I should always ask the next step after each officer had looked through the file (she was nice and very professional). Did as she as said and the woman pointed me towards the LONG ROOM. From one pit hole to another, I submitted and collected the file after certain things had been looked at. Just at the end of the LONG ROOM, the woman on duty asked me why I was processing it myself and not using an officer which happens to be the norm. I told her I love to do things myself cheesy. She smiled and returned my file to me. Knowing that was the last stage before the computer enrollment, I asked her if it was possible to get captured today. She said YES if I can find her something. I smiled and respectfully told her that I wouldn't because I was cash strapped. Looking at her name tag, I knew she came from my state and I used that as a way to get her talking after all (where am I rushing to?). We chitchatted about some random things before she asked if I was still interested in capturing today. A big YES, she then handed me over to one officer Y**** who ensured the capturing was done without those officers slotting their candidates in my front. At the end of the capturing, I was given a collection slip (picture attached) to check back in 2 weeks time. The officer who did the capturing was professional in his dealings and was nice in explaining somethings to me. I returned the file to SERVICOM.

Lesson 3: learn to find a point of connection with someone, it could open doors and make a seemly impossible task easy.

For the documents required for this process, please look at the picture attached.

I left there exactly 9:45 AM. Total time spent, 1 hour 45 minutes 33 seconds (don't ask me how I knew the seconds part). It was easy and straight forward, and I couldn't see the wisdom in paying more to a certain officer when you can actually do the whole process from start to finish yourself.

Online payment = #25,000
Bank charges = #1,000
Notary fee = #500
Photocopy = #200

Total amount spent = #26,700

That's it guys. I got value from this thread and this is me giving returning the value. Anyone who wants help on how to run the fresh passport application (IKOYI office only) can send an email to me (check my signature). I would be glad to help.

A big shout-out to SaintAY for answering my questions, you are the real MVP.

DO IT YOURSELF, MAKE NIGERIA GREAT AGAIN!

Cc Olalekank, UserReturn4321

6 Likes

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by vanV: 6:09pm On Oct 24, 2020
Please, is this price still valid

I won run mine for Ibadan
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by IgiveLadiesBj(m): 6:22pm On Oct 24, 2020
Meklex:
I did mine today at Awka. 37k. Went by 10 am, left by 3 with my passport

You mean the new e passport?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by IgiveLadiesBj(m): 6:42pm On Oct 24, 2020
Starlight22:

I don't think 3 days is visible.You can get it in 5days.

FEASIBLE
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by victory148(m): 9:34pm On Oct 24, 2020
please I need help in filling the guarantor's form. Anyone?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Meklex(m): 8:27am On Oct 25, 2020
IgiveLadiesBj:

You mean the new e passport?
which one is new e passport?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by TOdus18(f): 11:09am On Oct 25, 2020
vanV:
Please, is this price still valid

I won run mine for Ibadan

Yes it is, if you're paying and processing by yourself
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by TOdus18(f): 11:44am On Oct 25, 2020
rahztafari:

Hi.
Can you give me a brief rundown of what I need to apply for this passport in ikoyi.
Thuanks in advance!

Hi, I'm sorry for just responding.

I applied by myself. If this is what you mean, then you have to go to the "NIS Portal" to apply for either fresh or renewal. Follow the instructions as it's easy.
I paid via netpost.
Make sure you save your application form, your acknowledgment receipt and every other receipt.
You will also need your national ID, LG of origin certificate, passport photographs, birth certificate and/or confirmation of name, as the case may be. Everything you'll need is listed on the portal.

Guarantor
Download your guarantor's form(2pages) from the portal.
You'll need your guarantor to sign, to give a passport photo, International passport data page and driver's license/national ID.
You will also need to notarize the guarantor's form and this can be done at the passport office for N500.

When you get to Ikoyi passport office, ask for the court and notarize. Then go to to the servicom cubicle, here, your documents will be arranged and put it in a file. You'll also be given a document to photocopy and fill.

From the servicom cubicle, you'll be directed to the "long room" where you'll meet with various offices who'll vet and sign on the various documents.
After these, you'll go for Enrollment and capturing.

This sounds like a lot but you'll be done in a very short time.

Please note that for now, they are insisting that booklets are not available for 32 pages at the Ikoyi office.
I hope this helps.

8 Likes

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by cedar3: 12:03pm On Oct 25, 2020
victory148:
please I need help in filling the guarantor's form. Anyone?
Just look for anyone you know that already has the Passport. It may be hard but try. I for help you but I still never get my own. grin
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by rahztafari(m): 1:29pm On Oct 25, 2020
TOdus18:

I applied by myself. If this is what you mean, then you have to go to the "NIS Portal" to apply for either fresh or renewal. Follow the instructions as it's easy.
I paid via netpost.
Make sure you save your application form, your acknowledgment receipt and every other receipt.
You will also need your national ID, LG of origin certificate, passport photographs, birth certificate and/or confirmation of name, as the case may be. Everything you'll need is listed on the portal.

Guarantor
You'll need your guarantor to sign, to give a passport photo, International passport data page and driver's license/national ID.
You will also need to notarize the guarantor's form and this can be done at the passport office for N500.

When you get to Ikoyi passport office, ask for the court and notarize. Then go to to the servicom cubicle, here, your documents will be arranged and put it in a file. You'll also be given a document to photocopy and fill.

From the servicom cubicle, you'll be directed to the "long room" where you'll meet with various offices who'll vet and sign on the various documents.

Please note that for now, they are insisting that booklets are not available for 32 pages at the Ikoyi office.
I hope this helps.

Yes, it is a nice start. Thanks for the information
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Nobody: 1:51pm On Oct 25, 2020
TOdus18:

I paid via netpost.

Guarantor

I hope this helps.

didn't mean to quote this post just the moniker. Anyways if I wanna get my international passport stamped for a scholarship to another country, do I go to their embassy or somewhere else
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by victory148(m): 5:34pm On Oct 25, 2020
TOdus18:

I paid via netpost.

Guarantor

I hope this helps.

Please I sent you an email, kindly respond. Thanks
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by TOdus18(f): 5:50pm On Oct 25, 2020
Tabasco23:
didn't mean to quote this post just the moniker. Anyways if I wanna get my international passport stamped for a scholarship to another country, do I go to their embassy or somewhere else

Hi
I'm sorry I don't know about this.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by TOdus18(f): 5:51pm On Oct 25, 2020
victory148:

Please I sent you an email, kindly respond. Thanks
Done.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by DankemzI(m): 8:16am On Oct 26, 2020
calculator123:
So I was at NIS Ikoyi office today for fresh passport enrollment. I received a text message and an email from them since Monday to go for the enrollment but my interview was slated for tommorow being Friday.

I got there around 7:35 AM pretty early, I saw crowd just at the entrance. I walked up to an immigration officer wanting to know the opening time and where I can get the guarantor's form notarized. He told me they resume by 8 but the notary office is somewhere in IGBOSERE. I just smiled, thanked him, logged on to NL reading with the speed of light because I remember reading a comment that said we could get the the form notarized in the passport office. I found the comment and my conviction became stronger.

Lesson 1: not every immigration officer know what goes on in their office. Some are practically clueless.

As at 7:50 AM, I was having chitchat with one those touts at the gate and I asked him if he knew where the notary office was located. He looked at me obviously confused and asked who was running the process for me. I said I am doing it myself, do you have a problem with that? He looked angered and went into a 3 minutes "shalaye" of how you need someone who knows someone to run the parole for you and that if you do it yourself, your passport wouldn't be process and even if it gets processed, it would be lost in transit (whatever that means). I smiled grin baded him farewell and returned in time to listen to the officer calling out the number for those who were for the passport collection. The time was 7:57AM.

Lesson 2: whatever you do, ensure to do your due diligence because people are willing to pounce on your ignorance all for material gain.

After calling different actions from national ID enrollment, passport collection, I didn't hear fresh passport application. I walked up to one of the officers to ask, he said I would have to wait oh. So I chilled while observing everything happening around me. The level of "man-know-man" that goes on in our public offices can't be described but best experienced. At exactly 8:20 AM I didn't hear anything from them, with anger in my bones, I walked to one of the officers, showed him the SMS I got and he was apologetic about delaying me since. He quickly fixed me into one of the lines, got my temperature checked and I was inside. Knowing I hadn't notarized my form, I asked for directions and located the place but unfortunately, it was closed (this was what prompted my initial comment above). In the process of waiting, I saw a guy who came for the same purpose holding a white file with "32 page passport" boldly written on it with a marker. I asked where he got that file from and he said SERVICOM. I moved swiftly to SERVICOM, greeted the officer on duty and told him why I was there. He gave me a form, 4 pages to make photocopy. I went outside the office and did the photocopy for #50 per page. Went back in, filled the form accordingly and returned to the female officer he directed me to. She helped arrange the file and when she noticed I hadn't notarized the form, I quickly told her the office was locked. She picked her phone, made a call and told me the man in question is available and I that I should go ASAP before the queue becomes long. I went there, met a small crowd but with confidence, went to the front of the queue and said I was from officer **** since I had memorized her name from the name tag. I was attended to quickly (paid #500 for this service) and returned the notarized form to her, she took her time to arrange the documents and gave me a brown file (picture attached). She then told me to go to a office opposite hers and give to the officer on duty and I should always ask the next step after each officer had looked through the file (she was nice and very professional). Did as she as said and the woman pointed me towards the LONG ROOM. From one pit hole to another, I submitted and collected the file after certain things had been looked at. Just at the end of the LONG ROOM, the woman on duty asked me why I was processing it myself and not using an officer which happens to be the norm. I told her I love to do things myself cheesy. She smiled and returned my file to me. Knowing that was the last stage before the computer enrollment, I asked her if it was possible to get captured today. She said YES if I can find her something. I smiled and respectfully told her that I wouldn't because I was cash strapped. Looking at her name tag, I knew she came from my state and I used that as a way to get her talking after all (where am I rushing to?). We chitchatted about some random things before she asked if I was still interested in capturing today. A big YES, she then handed me over to one officer Y**** who ensured the capturing was done without those officers slotting their candidates in my front. At the end of the capturing, I was given a collection slip (picture attached) to check back in 2 weeks time. The officer who did the capturing was professional in his dealings and was nice in explaining somethings to me. I returned the file to SERVICOM.

Lesson 3: learn to find a point of connection with someone, it could open doors and make a seemly impossible task easy.

For the documents required for this process, please look at the picture attached.

I left there exactly 9:45 AM. Total time spent, 1 hour 45 minutes 33 seconds (don't ask me how I knew the seconds part). It was easy and straight forward, and I couldn't see the wisdom in paying more to a certain officer when you can actually do the whole process from start to finish yourself.

Online payment = #25,000
Bank charges = #1,000
Notary fee = #500
Photocopy = #200

That's it guys. I got value from this thread and this is me giving returning the value. Anyone who wants help on how to run the fresh passport application (IKOYI office only) can send an email to me (check my signature). I would be glad to help.

shocked
calculator123:

Online payment = #25,000
Bank charges = #1,000
Notary fee = #500
Photocopy = #200

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Glad101: 12:34pm On Oct 26, 2020
Hello everyone, please I want to know if anybody has collected their passport from Ikoyi office.

Being waiting for long. Frustrating
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by TOdus18(f): 2:24pm On Oct 26, 2020
Hi guys,
Guess what?! I have gotten my passport at Ikoyi.

I bombarded them on Twitter and was told to meet with the passport control officer.
32pages DIY
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Dimple10: 4:23pm On Oct 26, 2020
TOdus18:
Hi guys,
Guess what?! I have gotten my passport at Ikoyi.

I bombarded them on Twitter and was told to meet with the passport control officer.
32pages DIY

Today Whats their twitter handle please?

Edit: never mind i found them and bombarded them on twitter too.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Glad101: 5:17pm On Oct 26, 2020
TOdus, please I would like to know when you applied?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Dimple10: 5:49pm On Oct 26, 2020
Goodnews guys,

After seeing TOdus18’s post I called my person and she confirmed availability of 32 pages booklet. So kindly head to Ikoyi and collect fight for your booklet.

3 Likes

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Nobody: 6:31pm On Oct 26, 2020
Good day

Please can you confirm if the standard e passport is the normal passport? Applying for renewal online and the only thing that came up as passport type is "standard epassport

Dimple10:
Goodnews guys,

After seeing TOdus18’s post I called my person and she confirmed availability of 32 pages booklet. So kindly head to Ikoyi and collect fight for your booklet.

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Dimple10: 7:17pm On Oct 26, 2020
Glasses08:
Good day

Please can you confirm if the standard e passport is the normal passport? Applying for renewal online and the only thing that came up as passport type is "standard epassport

I’m not sure what you mean by normal passport but as far as i know the standard e passport is the option to choose but it requires your NIN number. Basically it’s the new e-booklets, old booklets do not require NIN to process but Ikoyi doesn’t have that.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by TOdus18(f): 8:02pm On Oct 26, 2020
Dimple10:

Today Whats their twitter handle please?

Edit: never mind i found them and bombarded them on twitter too.
grin grin
Lol, no problem. And you have to keep following up too.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by TOdus18(f): 8:03pm On Oct 26, 2020
Glad101:
TOdus, please I would like to know when you applied?
Hi,

I think I applied 10th of October or around that time frame. I'm no longer so sure.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by TOdus18(f): 8:05pm On Oct 26, 2020
Dimple10:
Goodnews guys,

Yes o. A lot of people collected today. Someone told me he was asked to come back in 2 weeks after capturing today unlike the "no available booklets" mantra of a few weeks back.
I was in and out in 1hr.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Glad101: 8:53pm On Oct 26, 2020
Ok, thanks TOdus.

(1) (2) (3) ... (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) ... (826) (Reply)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.