Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,334 members, 7,808,178 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:12 AM

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport - Travel (164) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport (1430677 Views)

The Only Street In America With A Nigeria Name / Chinese Man Speaking Pidgin On Plane To A Nigeria Woman During A Fight / 44 Countries You Can Travel To With A Nigeria International Passport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) ... (827) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Trippleblessing(f): 7:35pm On Nov 23, 2020
jokeydamson:
I don't know which of the answer is yes
Do you mean am good to go OR Receipt for change of name will be required at the passport office?

Lastly, Do I still need news paper publication and avidavit
receipt for change of name is only needed at nimc centre not passport office

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by jokeydamson(f): 8:10pm On Nov 23, 2020
Oggg:

U are good to go with the new slip showing ur married name.
At the paspt office u need to show the marriage certificate, newspaper publication and affidavit.
Okay dear thanks I appreciate your prompt response.
Doy you any idea on DIY newspaper publication
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Oggg: 9:14pm On Nov 23, 2020
Anikulhapo:

Thank you very much, I really appreciate it.
Please, how can I check for the interview date and can I go for submission of documents and interview the same day?
Anyday u want to do ur passport, find ur way to their office. There’s nothin like interview date.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Oggg: 9:16pm On Nov 23, 2020
jokeydamson:
Pls house I really want to get this straight people with experience should kindly help with this

Have never had a e passport but now I need to aquire one for myself NOTE: Married

1. My NIN carries my media name but I was able to change it at the nimc office I paid a man cash and the effect was instant another one was printed with hubby surname

Am I good to go

2. Will I still need a news paper publication and avidavit as regards the change of name due to marriage I processing my passport
Or the NIM with marriage certificate with other requirements like others is fine?

3. Do I need to get my new name change at my bank before processing my passport as someone state it from the previous post I read that it has to tally

How true is this??

Will appreciate your response.....
1. U are good to go
2. Ok u never had passport, ok go with ur marriage certificate and NIN since it now carries ur husband’s name.
3. U dnt have business with ur bank when u want to do intl passport pls
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Oggg: 9:19pm On Nov 23, 2020
jokeydamson:

Okay dear thanks I appreciate your prompt response.
Doy you any idea on DIY newspaper publication
This is Nigeria. They love newspaper chnage of name more than they love anything.
DIY newspaper change is not hard, walk into any newspaper office . Anyone at all in ur area, with photocopy of your marriage certificate and sworn affidavit for change of name and tell dem u want to do change of name. Asin u want it published in their dailies.
They will tell u the amount, some newspaper houses charge 3 k to 5k .
You pay, and submit what u want to be published.
They will tell u the time it will be out, usually the next day.
U simply buy the newspaper for the said day and voila u have ur copy of change of name. Carry the newspaper about.

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by jokeydamson(f): 11:12pm On Nov 23, 2020
Oggg:

1. U are good to go
2. Ok u never had passport, ok go with ur marriage certificate and NIN since it now carries ur husband’s name.
3. U dnt have business with ur bank when u want to do intl passport pls
Thanks for your response
No need for news paper right?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by iCode2: 7:06am On Nov 24, 2020
Is processing time for passport renewal same with that for fresh applicants?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Number1benue: 7:17am On Nov 24, 2020
AdeGbuyi20:
Pls if you get answers to this. Kindly let me know. 81191188...7...3

I will then.........
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by quineP(f): 8:05am On Nov 24, 2020
Izanghi:
Good morning all, i did capturing (5 years, 32 pages, e-passport) myself today in Alausa and dont know anybody. The day of collection is 19th of November, Please i heard it may not be ready on that day, and so in order not to waste money and time, when likely is it supposed to ready, please house help me with this question
Hello dear were u able to collect your passport on the said date?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by hammed71(m): 10:25am On Nov 24, 2020
I renewed last week Monday 16th at ikoyi, will it be available for collection now?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Jamzig1(m): 12:14pm On Nov 24, 2020
I did my interview and capturing last week Thursday, I got a mail today to come pick up. Who else got mail during their time?

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by capricornlady: 1:06pm On Nov 24, 2020
hammed71:
I renewed last week Monday 16th at ikoyi, will it be available for collection now?
Please what does it take for someone to renew their passport? My passport expired this June, 2020 and i want to renew at Ikoyi. Please how did you renew yours? i will appreciate your response, thank you
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by AdeGbuyi20(m): 1:13pm On Nov 24, 2020
Thanks. Still expecting!
Number1benue:

I will then.........
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by efepeppereski: 6:17pm On Nov 24, 2020
Oggg:

Go back to ur application usin ur applicatipn id on the portal and log in. U will be able to print out ur acknowledgemnt form. It’s there.
It looks alike to the payment slip, the difference is that it is labelled as acknowledgement slip.
U will need ur guarantor’s form, filled stamped and sworn abi signed at the high court by commissioner of oaths. That shud be 500 naira
Then guarantor shud also give u one passport photo, data page of his intl passport data and then his or her driver’s licence or voter’s card.

Documents for you are
Letter of identification from Local Government/State of origin or residence or National Identity Card OR Letter of introduction for employees of government as a Nigerian citizen stating Service Number, Length of Service and Designation/Rank. The letter must be accompanied with a valid staff identity card;
Completed passport application form and 2 passport sized photographs (passport photographs endorsed at the back by the Guarantor);
Completed Guarantors’ form duly signed by a Commissioner for Oaths attached with Photocopy of Data page of Guarantor’s Nigerian ePassport and one passport sized photograph of the Guarantor;
Marriage certificate, where applicable;
Birth Certificate (certificate issued by the National Population Commission shall be required from applicants whose date of birth is with effect from Dec 1992) or Age Declaration attached with one passport-sized photograph and duly endorsed by a Commissioner for Oaths
Acknowledgement slip and evidence of payment

Thanks for your detailed response. Please I have 2 questions: (1) must the guarantors form be endorsed by the commissioner for oath in a high court? Can't it be endorsed by the commissioner for oath at a customary court? (2) must the 2 passports I will submit be endorsed at the back by my guarantor? (3)My guarantor is far from me, so I don't know how to get his passport photo graph. Will they accept a scanned copy of the guarantors form from him with his passport photograph? Thanks and looking forward to your response.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by hammed71(m): 6:19pm On Nov 24, 2020
capricornlady:
Please what does it take for someone to renew their passport? My passport expired this June, 2020 and i want to renew at Ikoyi. Please how did you renew yours? i will appreciate your response, thank you
you need to apply online(google nis immigration) and pay 26,000, you will also fill some forms online, make sure you print your acknowledgement form and payment receipt then proceed to the immigration office you chose for capture
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by delgook14(m): 9:22pm On Nov 24, 2020
Jamzig1:
I did my interview and capturing last week Thursday, I got a mail today to come pick up. Who else got mail during their time?
Was this DIY?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Oggg: 12:38am On Nov 25, 2020
efepeppereski:

Thanks for your detailed response. Please I have 2 questions: (1) must the guarantors form be endorsed by the commissioner for oath in a high court? Can't it be endorsed by the commissioner for oath at a customary court? (2) must the 2 passports I will submit be endorsed at the back by my guarantor? (3)My guarantor is far from me, so I don't know how to get his passport photo graph. Will they accept a scanned copy of the guarantors form from him with his passport photograph? Thanks and looking forward to your response.
1. The guarantor’s form needs to be endorsed by Commissioner of oaths so customary court is ok
2. Not compulsory. Just write ur full names by urself behind each ppt photo
3. U need his passport photograph. I have nor done with scanned copy but u can try and do it in format/size of hardcopy passprt photo. They usually affix the ppt foto to a space on the guarantor’s form clearly marked out.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Oggg: 12:39am On Nov 25, 2020
hammed71:
U can go and check.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Oggg: 12:39am On Nov 25, 2020
iCode2:
Is processing time for passport renewal same with that for fresh applicants?
Yes
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Jamzig1(m): 6:49am On Nov 25, 2020
delgook14:
Was this DIY?
Yes, Enhanced 32 pages
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Jamzig1(m): 12:42pm On Nov 25, 2020
Jamzig1:
Picked it up very early this morning. So it took me 4 working days to get my enhanced 32 pages passport. Sounds too good to be true but it works!

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by capricornlady: 1:51pm On Nov 25, 2020
hammed71:
you need to apply online(google nis immigration) and pay 26,000, you will also fill some forms online, make sure you print your acknowledgement form and payment receipt then proceed to the immigration office you chose for capture
Thanks
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Rerin: 2:19pm On Nov 25, 2020
I contacted NIS officer for standard pp but was told an amount almost 30k though I begged for a discount which officer said a discount of 1k.I came across this thread and read testimonies on DIY. I was determined to DIY and still nervous cos they might frustrate knowing you are DIY. I applied online, printed all docs, app letter and necessary docs as I read here. I just walked in to servicom straight at 7.48am without looking back or at anyone. I met nice women who attended to me and I waited to capture the same day. Though I was delayed cos so many were called in but I stood my ground and approached officers calling names. Though one of the servicom women I met earlier eventually helped me to fast track the process. I left 12.54pm and to pick up 2wks time. . Done at Festac, standard e-pp. Thx all.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Nobody: 2:59pm On Nov 25, 2020
Rerin:
I contacted NIS officer for standard pp but was told an amount almost 30k though I begged for a discount which officer said a discount of 1k.I came across this thread and read testimonies on DIY. I was determined to DIY and still nervous cos they might frustrate knowing you are DIY. I applied online, printed all docs, app letter and necessary docs as I read here. I just walked in to servicom straight at 7.48am without looking back or at anyone. I met nice women who attended to me and I waited to capture the same day. Though I was delayed cos so many were called in but I stood my ground and approached officers calling names. Though one of the servicom women I met earlier eventually helped me to fast track the process. I left 12.54pm and to pick up 2wks time. . Done at Festac, standard e-pp. Thx all.

Hi, congratulations.

I have a question though. The guarantor's form, must the guarantor also have an International passport??

I'll appreciate a reply from you guys.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Rerin: 5:46pm On Nov 25, 2020
I never used such. It was standard e-p
LightOnScams:

Hi, congratulations.

I have a question though. The guarantor's form, must the guarantor also have an International passport??

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by iknowexperts: 7:10pm On Nov 25, 2020
LightOnScams:

Hi, congratulations.

I'm assuming you're applying for a fresh passport.

Yes. Your guarantor must have a valid international passport.

Because one of the requirements you will be submitting together with your guarantor form is... photocopy of the datapage of your guarantor's international passport.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Nobody: 8:32am On Nov 26, 2020
iknowexperts:

I'm assuming you're applying for a fresh passport.

Yes. Your guarantor must have a valid international passport.

Because one of the requirements you will be submitting together with your guarantor form is... photocopy of the datapage of your guarantor's international passport.

This will be hard.

The other guy said he never used such, that it's Standard E-Passport.

Is there a difference between E-Passport and other passports?

Forgive me if I sound ignorant, I'm actually ignorant of the whole thing.

Thank you.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Oggg: 8:42am On Nov 26, 2020
LightOnScams:

This will be hard.
The other guy said he never used such, that it's Standard E-Passport.
Is there a difference between E-Passport and other passports?
Forgive me if I sound ignorant, I'm actually ignorant of the whole thing.
Thank you.
Fresh application needs guarantor with guarantor’s data page of international passport
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by THURAFTERNOON: 8:43am On Nov 26, 2020
hi house. good morning. I am at the final page ready to make payment for the application of my passport online. however, I saw that I'm to pay a total of 26k for a fresh 5yers valid 32 pages passport. please is this correct before I proceed to make payment? I have saved my application form which contains my ID AND REFERENCE NO already. thanks all
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Nobody: 8:44am On Nov 26, 2020
Oggg:

Fresh application needs guarantor with guarantor’s data page of international passport

Thanks man.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by rotile247(m): 10:41am On Nov 26, 2020
THURAFTERNOON:
hi house. good morning. I am at the final page ready to make payment for the application of my passport online. however, I saw that I'm to pay a total of 26k for a fresh 5yers valid 32 pages passport. please is this correct before I proceed to make payment? I have saved my application form which contains my ID AND REFERENCE NO already. thanks all

You're good to go provided you chose Ikoyi for the enhanced e- passport. Go along with your NINM slip.

N.B for fresh passport, guarantor is required.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by rotile247(m): 10:42am On Nov 26, 2020
Is anyone going to Festac Passport office today?

(1) (2) (3) ... (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) ... (827) (Reply)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.