Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,356 members, 7,800,715 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:40 AM

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport - Travel (186) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport (1424263 Views)

The Only Street In America With A Nigeria Name / Chinese Man Speaking Pidgin On Plane To A Nigeria Woman During A Fight / 44 Countries You Can Travel To With A Nigeria International Passport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) ... (825) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by yehmy(m): 5:11pm On Jan 12, 2021
Sheyone:
I enrolled and captured for e-passport on Dec 21 at Ikeja Office and collection date was supposed to be Dec 30, 2020 only to get there on Friday, Jan 08 2021 to be told my passport is not ready, that i should come back in 2weeks time. This thing is frustrating.
This is what i will advise don't go very early in the morning, go around 1 or 2 and don't sit under the canopy just walk in with faith to that collection room and if they ask you what you want tell them you want to collect your passport, also if you are able to get a sit in that room rather than going back outside the canopy the better 4 you. This is the same strategy i am planning to use on Monday

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by romeoetin(m): 5:39pm On Jan 12, 2021
Please I lost my passport and I'd like to apply for reissuance. Does anyone know the steps?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Sheyone(m): 5:42pm On Jan 12, 2021
yehmy:
This is what i will advise don't go very early in the morning, go around 1 or 2 and don't sit under the canopy just walk in with faith to that collection room and if they ask you what you want tell them you want to collect your passport, also if you are able to get a sit in that room rather than going back outside the canopy the better 4 you. This is the same strategy i am planning to use on Monday
Thanks for the reply, will try this.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Oggg: 5:50pm On Jan 12, 2021
yehmy:
The amount you saw is for fresh passport application, since it's renewal you want to do kindly direct your questions to Oggg. Yes Ikeja is DIY friendly just be smart don't go and sit down too much under the canopy
Fresh or renewal all adults and children applyin in Lagos, Abuja and Rivers will pay 26k

For other centres, adults pay 17,800 And then old people(60 and above) and children pay 11,300
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Leoucu(m): 8:10pm On Jan 12, 2021
tunde4top:

Just ask of Aunty Bose that signs guarantor's forms from any officer at the entrance gate. You will be rightly directed to her.

Thanks so much, I have seen the interview date. It's on the acknowledgement slip and payment slip as well smiley

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Firstleoqueen: 9:55pm On Jan 12, 2021
Good evening everyone, please I want to apply for reissue of passport. I want to do it myself. This immigration officers just want to rip me off my money. Can someone put me through the whole process, I haven't started any process yet.

Thanks as I await your response.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Firstleoqueen: 10:08pm On Jan 12, 2021
@oggg @yehmy please kindly put me through the process from start to finish for reissue of passport. Thanks in anticipation?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Dave0116(m): 11:54pm On Jan 12, 2021
yehmy:
I didn't go through any stress and we are both waiting for the same 2 weeks, mine is not even upto 2 weeks, did capturing on the 7th and i'm collecting my passport on the 18th now tell me who is going through stress between me and you?
Wow, please how do I know when my passport is ready, I captured since 30th of December last year...
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by midhey4luv: 8:28am On Jan 13, 2021
smiley
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by midhey4luv: 8:30am On Jan 13, 2021
Firstleoqueen:
Good evening everyone, please I want to apply for reissue of passport. I want to do it myself. This immigration officers just want to rip me off my money. Can someone put me through the whole process, I haven't started any process yet.

I also did mine early last year before COVID-19 issue but mine was a lost case. I hope you still know your passport number. And I’ll advice you head to Ikoyi cos I did all the process by myself and got it in a week. Tho when I got to servicom, they asked me who is processing it for me and I told them I’m doing it myself. They told me it might take forever and they weren’t attending to me. I had to check online and get the customer care line in Abuja, I spoke to someone and reported their conduct and I was asked to give the phone to the office at Servicom, he was angry after the conversation but processed my file and it was signed same day. You’ll also write a letter and attach too. They wrote on my file “SELF PROCESSED” and I stil got my passport in a week. They don’t like it when you process it yourself. It cost me less, cos I paid for it myself, their is a lady at a cafe beside that gave me a form to fill cos I did my print out there.

4 Likes

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Firstleoqueen: 9:01am On Jan 13, 2021
Good morning all, I posted that I need guidance on the renewal of passport yesterday night

I made a mistake...I'm not applying for reissue rather I'm applying for renewal and I'm based in Lagos. Thanks
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by yehmy(m): 9:01am On Jan 13, 2021
Dave0116:

Wow, please how do I know when my passport is ready, I captured since 30th of December last year...
It's on the printout you collected after the capturing
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by tunde4top(m): 10:33am On Jan 13, 2021
Firstleoqueen:
Good morning all, I posted that I need guidance on the renewal of passport yesterday night

I made a mistake...I'm not applying for reissue rather I'm applying for renewal and I'm based in Lagos. Thanks

For a passport renewal
1. Click on https://portal.immigration.gov.ng/passport/epassport/ptype/1By1C

2. Select "Standard ePassport" option, your country name and click "Start application"

3. Fill in your old passport info and other required info and printout the "Application form" when you are done (you can save first in a PDF format for later printout)

4. Proceed to payment. When you are done, printout both the "Acknowledgement slip" and "Payment slip" respectively"

Note: Atleast one of the 3 printouts will carry your interview date. The day to go to your selected passport office with the below documents. Though you can also go before or after the stated date.

Documents to go along with to the Passport office
1. NIN slip (1 copy)
2. State of Origin certificate (1 copy,)
3. Birth certificate (1 copy)
4. 2 passport photos
5. Application form (1 copy)
6. Acknowledgement slip (1 copy)
7. Payment slip (2 copies)
8. A Hand writing letter on a paper (probably an A4) to the Controller General for renewal of passport.
9. A grey/brown file (cost #50 or #100) and its hook (#50). You can get this at the passport office.

Note: Go along with all originals for verification sake.

Capturing Stage
You will be rightly directed for this stage after finishing the "verification stage" above.
Note: When you are done capturing, a printout will be given to you which contains your passport's collection date. Goodluck.

I hope you will find this comprehensive enough.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Lordseyad(m): 10:38am On Jan 13, 2021
Are there even applicants from other states here (apart from Lagos, Abj and PH)

VDone capturing since late last year (express o), and no booklets still. Dey say na for only those three states passport fit comot for now.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by YEAEMEDIA(f): 10:41am On Jan 13, 2021
Na so for osun state here, paid express since December and all they are telling me is paper no dey
Lordseyad:
Are there even applicants from other states here (apart from Lagos, Abj and PH)

Done capturing since late last year (express o), and no booklets still. Dey say na for only those three states passport fit comot for now.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Dave0116(m): 11:28am On Jan 13, 2021
yehmy:
It's on the printout you collected after the capturing
They didn't give me any printout oo.. They only wrote down some numbers for me on a sheet of paper ooo
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by yehmy(m): 12:09pm On Jan 13, 2021
Dave0116:

They didn't give me any printout oo.. They only wrote down some numbers for me on a sheet of paper ooo
where did you do it?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by romeoetin(m): 12:54pm On Jan 13, 2021
Firstleoqueen:

We are in the same boat. But I’ve resolved to go to their abuja headquarters
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Dave0116(m): 1:54pm On Jan 13, 2021
yehmy:
where did you do it?
At ikoyi office
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Fathai(m): 2:08pm On Jan 13, 2021
Dave0116:

At ikoyi office
same with me o, I just left the place some minutes ago, officer ADAMU is a rare Gem, I did my passport without paying extra kobo.

3 Likes

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by yehmy(m): 2:19pm On Jan 13, 2021
Dave0116:

At ikoyi office
You should have gotten a slip though don't have idea how they run it in ikoyi anyways
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Firstleoqueen: 2:21pm On Jan 13, 2021
Thank you so very kindly tunde4top.... Will follow through with your guildines��

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by OFG1(m): 2:32pm On Jan 13, 2021
Dave0116:

Same with me. Just go to Ikoyi 2weeks after your capture day and collect your passport.

Thanks to all contributors here. I got my passport today.. fully DIY cheesy

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by rotile247(m): 3:02pm On Jan 13, 2021
yehmy:
I didn't go through any stress and we are both waiting for the same 2 weeks, mine is not even upto 2 weeks, did capturing on the 7th and i'm collecting my passport on the 18th now tell me who is going through stress between me and you?

When I went for capture on 23 Nov, 2020 at Festac office, I met others that paid 30k for a standard passport DIY of 17800. I just noted those I met and those that came after me. Myself and another DIY lady for fresh passport capture before many others that paid high sums.
It will inly make sense to pay such if you're getting your passport same day. 1st of Dec my passport was ready. I picked it a week later.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Lordseyad(m): 3:37pm On Jan 13, 2021
YEAEMEDIA:
Na so for osun state here, paid express since December and all they are telling me is paper no dey
Wao, nawa o
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by AdeGbuyi20(m): 3:53pm On Jan 13, 2021
My guarantor’s passport is expired. Can i still use it?
yehmy:
The form you filled must be dully completed so you will print it out (it's 3 pages) with your passport photograph 2. Then your guarantor must give you a passport photograph to attach to your guarantor form, at the back of your guarantor passport it must have his/her name and signature

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Blurpy: 5:31pm On Jan 13, 2021
Your guarantors passport must be valid
AdeGbuyi20:
My guarantor’s passport is expired. Can i still use it?

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by tunde4top(m): 5:56pm On Jan 13, 2021
Firstleoqueen:
Thank you so very kindly tunde4top.... Will follow through with your guildines��

You are highly welcome.

The handwriting letter to the Comptroller General could simply go like this

18 Ahmadu Bello Street,
Ifako-Ijaiye,
Lagos State.

13th-Janurary-2021.
The Comptroller General,
Nigeria Immigration Office.

Dear Sir,

LETTER OF APPLICATION FOR RENEWAL OF PASSPORT

I ....names.... with registration number ........ wish to apply for the renewal of my Nigerian passport No ......... which was issued to me on ...... and expired on .....
I would be grateful if my application is granted. Thanks for your usual cooperation.

Yours faithfully
Signature
Name

5 Likes

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Kimzylove(f): 9:28pm On Jan 13, 2021

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Oggg: 9:35pm On Jan 13, 2021
Kimzylove:
Please house, I need your honest opinion,
I registered for NIN before the Lockdown but I wasn't given on that day I was only given a small paper containing the tracking ID that I should come back for the slip and I misplaced it. I went back to the place and I was told nothing can be done about it and I need my NIN slip to get my International passport. What do you think I should do?
Please I need your opinions.
so u have no photocopy nothing of tht slip?
U can do *346# to retrieve ur national identity number sha if your phone number was registered to it
Then try and see if u can get a reprint using this number

(1) (2) (3) ... (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) ... (825) (Reply)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.