Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,424 members, 7,808,519 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:59 PM

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport - Travel (233) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport (1430852 Views)

The Only Street In America With A Nigeria Name / Chinese Man Speaking Pidgin On Plane To A Nigeria Woman During A Fight / 44 Countries You Can Travel To With A Nigeria International Passport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (230) (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) ... (827) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Mizjemie25: 6:37pm On Apr 22, 2021
Where is the best office to get passport on time here in Lagos?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Nobody: 7:38pm On Apr 22, 2021
Does anyone have any idea on the new policy the federal government implemented about the window period now being 6 weeks?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Nobody: 8:34pm On Apr 22, 2021
spifyswift:
Please what it the current state of booklet

According to NIS by end of this month April booklets will be made available to clear all backlogs. So let’s see...

https://mobile.twitter.com/nigimmigration/status/1385241309317943300

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Joiceee(f): 10:38am On Apr 23, 2021
Please aside going to the liaison office for the state of origin or travelling to my village LGA, where else can I get it?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by aieromon(m): 3:38pm On Apr 23, 2021
CaptainChaox:
Does anyone have any idea on the new policy the federal government implemented about the window period now being 6 weeks?

The Federal Government has said it is turning around the entire passport application process by the Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) to six weeks.

The Minister of Interior, Rauf Aregbesola, disclosed this today at a meeting with the Comptroller General of Immigration, Mohammad Babandede, passport officers, as well as the attaches in Nigeria Missions abroad, at the Immigration Headquarters, Sauka, Abuja.

In his speech titled ‘A NEW DAWN IN PASSPORT APPLICATION PROCESSING’, the Minister said, “We have had several challenges in the past, including shortage of booklets, touting, racketeering, inflating the cost, passports being issued to ineligible persons, among others. It has become imperative therefore to review our operations and rejig our system, in order to be able to offer excellent services to our clients.”

According to him, efforts are on to embed security operatives both seen and unseen, in all passport offices. “They will wear body cameras. They will detect and report any form of solicitations, inflation, improper communications, extortion, diversion, hoarding and other corrupt practices. Those caught will be dealt with according to the law,” he stressed.

The Minister disclosed further that an ombudsman will also be created for members of the public to receive complaints and reports on officers trying to deviate from prescribed guidelines and subversion of the process.

“Therefore, I am declaring a zero-tolerance stance to all forms of touting. No applicant will be made to pay any illegitimate fees,” he said.

Highlights of the meeting include but not limited to the following:
i. Creation of special centres for expedited services. These special centres will run on public-private partnership basis. This has already taken off in Abuja and 10 more will be opened in the coming weeks as more of such centres will be opened all over the country. Our goal is to have one in each local government, university campuses, institutions of higher learning and other places.

II. A timeline will be fixed for every application i.e., a collection date. This will be six weeks, comparable to what obtains in other countries. This is to allow for enough time to investigate and validate personal information supplied by the applicants. What we are driving at is the peace of mind that comes from assurance of certainty. If there are circumstances that will make the date to change, it will be communicated to the applicant one week before the collection date.

iii. Applicants will have no basis for further communication with officers, other than to complete their application process and leave the venue. The date for the collection of their passports or any challenge to the application, will be communicated to them. The technology for the efficient running of this system has been acquired and will be deployed.

iv. To publish the list of the backlog of applications that are ready which are yet to be collected by the owners. They will be required to go to the State commands to collect them.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/457094-nigeria-reviews-passport-processing-time-to-six-weeks.html

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by GreatSage: 4:36am On Apr 24, 2021
Who has used Abeokuta passport office in recent times for passport application? I wanted to know how things are..
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Josephope55: 7:33am On Apr 24, 2021
Please any person have information about booklet whether is available now in Nigeria
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by shawnmich: 8:06am On Apr 24, 2021
It's doesn't take forever... It depends
I changed my full name on my non recently and paid online via remitta.
I also have other documents, I went to more than 3 nimc office, they don't want to work. ..they always give me excuse we are busy until I find nin office that Is less crowdy do I was attended to and immediately effect the changed within few minutes and give me another slip (first slip) and also ask me to come back in two weeks for the real one. DIY...it won't take forever. In fact if you have luck ..u can get everything done the same day just make sure I visit the nin office that is less crowdy so that u could be attended too
[quote author=otis3 post=101005501][/quote]
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by biolite(m): 8:29am On Apr 24, 2021
What does vetted means.

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by david290(m): 11:55am On Apr 24, 2021
biolite:
What does vetted means.
Mine reads *Success. Anyone with experience who can tell what these remarks imply?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Josephjay970: 7:01pm On Apr 24, 2021
david290:
Mine reads *Success. Anyone with experience who can tell what these remarks imply?
mine reads APPROVED now

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by mosix4real: 11:14pm On Apr 24, 2021
CaptainChaox:

I was at their Ikoyi Office on Friday. They gave me a brown file to process my passport application. However, i noticed a lot of people with white files. I then asked one of the officers the reason why? He said the people that go through officers are the ones with white files, while people that process their application are given brown file. This is to differentiate and allow them to know who to focus on.

To make matters interesting, after capturing, they collect files and tell people with brown files to submit theirs at Servicom.

With all those same officers still working there, the 6 weeks passport project is more of an illusion.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Nobody: 4:33am On Apr 25, 2021
Na wa o
mosix4real:

I was at their Ikoyi Office on Friday. They gave me a brown file to process my passport application. However, i noticed a lot of people with white files. I then asked one of the officers the reason why? He said the people that go through officers are the ones with white files, while people that process their application are given brown file. This is to differentiate and allow them to know who to focus on.

To make matters interesting, after capturing, they collect files and tell people with brown files to submit theirs at Servicom.

With all those same officers still working there, the 6 weeks passport project is more of an illusion.

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by teeadewale(m): 7:12am On Apr 25, 2021
mosix4real:

Very correct
I'm a witness,DIY since Feb 16 that i captured,up till now,same old song of no booklet
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by DabDab(f): 10:17am On Apr 25, 2021
GreatSage:
Who has used Abeokuta passport office in recent times for passport application? I wanted to know how things are..

I have. There is no stress. Click on my username and see the info
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Dips04: 10:16pm On Apr 25, 2021
Good evening House
Please what is the process for passport renewal and how much does it cost.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Oreoluwa97: 10:21pm On Apr 25, 2021
Dips04:
Good evening House
Please what is the process for passport renewal and how much does it cost.

I am co asking too
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by baba2unday: 11:16pm On Apr 25, 2021
No wonder the stupid officers keep asking me who is my processor anytime i visit their office in ikoyi for my passport update...Why are people so wicked in Nigeria? Must we have a processor before we can be attended to?
F**k that sh*t

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by baba2unday: 11:24pm On Apr 25, 2021
mosix4real:

No wonder the stupid officers keep asking me who is my processor anytime i visit their office in ikoyi for my passport update...Why are people so wicked in Nigeria? Must we have a processor before we can be attended to?
F**k that sh*t

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Samuell2019(m): 9:28am On Apr 26, 2021
JaceyOpara:

Please don't waste your money by applying through an agent. You can do the application yourself. It's very easy.

FOR FRESH PASSPORT APPLICATION

please my permanent address is Ota. Ogun state. Can I still use Ikeja as my center?

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Joiceee(f): 1:38pm On Apr 26, 2021
biolite:
What does vetted means.
please what were the documents you went with for guarantor. Also where did you get your state of origin identification letter?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Joiceee(f): 1:39pm On Apr 26, 2021
david290:

please what were the documents you went with for guarantor. Also where did you get your state of origin identification letter?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Joiceee(f): 1:39pm On Apr 26, 2021
Josephjay970:
mine reads APPROVED now
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Oggg: 3:05pm On Apr 26, 2021
Samuell2019:

please my permanent address is Ota. Ogun state. Can I still use Ikeja as my center?
u can use anywhere u want to use... however note that after payment and selecting a centre, u cnt change it
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Oggg: 3:05pm On Apr 26, 2021
Joiceee:
pls read a few pages back so u get information or click on my name
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by josephsm823(m): 3:25pm On Apr 26, 2021
Rayhanna:
Good afternoon. Please has anyone being able to successfully do a change of year of birth on NIN. Please kindly share your experience if you have.

I was told to pay 15k to govt acct and might still take forever to get approved. Please help if anyone knows other ways to go about it in Lagos. Thanks
I paid someone 50k to do mine.
It took two weeks to get it done.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by cypher01: 4:24pm On Apr 26, 2021
Hello folks. There is a third name error on my birth certificate, what can I do to fix this please

Please help
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by david290(m): 4:57pm On Apr 26, 2021
Joiceee:

Photocopy of the data page of my guarantor's Passport and one passport photograph that was affixed on the Guarantor's form. At the Ilorin office by the way although I've heard the guarantor's ID (Nat'l or Drivers license) is required in some other centres but I'm not sure. As for State of Origin, I had it before now; obtained from my state local gov't secretariat.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by cypher01: 5:13pm On Apr 26, 2021
cypher01:
Hello folks. There is a third name error on my birth certificate, what can I do to fix this please

Please help

Please guys help
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Oggg: 8:04pm On Apr 26, 2021
cypher01:
Please help
swear an affidavit to show/say the correct spelling.. attach the affidavit and birth certificate together... affidavit from high court is 500 Naira only. Try to obtain it yourself
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Oggg: 8:05pm On Apr 26, 2021
josephsm823:

I paid someone 50k to do mine.
It took two weeks to get it done.
haba tht person is a thief!! What’s this in Nigeria. For NIN, Date of birth change is 15,000 only.. change of name is 500 naira only
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Daewoods(m): 5:26am On Apr 27, 2021
Please house, courts are on strike in Lagos can I notarise at their office and if not what can I do, also what time do they open their offices and can I wear long sleeve polo when going or what are their accepted wears for men if any, thanks?

(1) (2) (3) ... (230) (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) ... (827) (Reply)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.