Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,031 members, 7,807,063 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:07 AM

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport - Travel (314) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport (1430018 Views)

The Only Street In America With A Nigeria Name / Chinese Man Speaking Pidgin On Plane To A Nigeria Woman During A Fight / 44 Countries You Can Travel To With A Nigeria International Passport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (311) (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) (317) ... (827) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Morgan9(m): 12:47pm On Jul 27, 2021
Danielsoludo1:
I had applied and summited my file to PH immigration and is 6weeks already, no text from immigration for capturing. Is it possible to change the capturing center or processing center to another state? Because I'm thinking of going to Bayelsa to process it, is that possible?
It is no longer possible..
Besides pH command is not DIY friendly..
Those officers don dump ur file somewhere.
6weeks is too long to wait for ordinary capturing..
I will advice u go thier and sort an officer so that ur capturing can be done fast..

If not u will have to be waiting in vain.
My one cent though

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Gtessy: 12:48pm On Jul 27, 2021
Lizzer:
me too,
captured at Abeokuta since 29th of june, No test message yet. Infact i called the immigration officer that helped me this morning, he is no longer picking his calls.
And i need to apply 1st week of august.
i tire...

Exactly what the immigration Officer that assisted us did. He no longer picks his call.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Morgan9(m): 12:51pm On Jul 27, 2021
corleone427:
Please has anyone who did capturing at the ikoyi command as at on the 10th of June collected their passport yet?

I don't want to waste transport and go there only to find out that it isn't ready embarassed
Ogbeni if ur passport is important to u.
Better go and check ur self.
Ur passport should be ready by now.
From 10th June to now
Its even more than the stipulated 6weeks
I knew someone that the passport didn't Even take up to 6 weeks to be ready .
But na festac command not ikoyi.
All the same go and check it might be ready..
Good luck �
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Morgan9(m): 12:54pm On Jul 27, 2021
Gtessy:

Exactly what the immigration Officer that assisted us did. He no longer picks his call.
Which command did u do the capturing?
And when?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Oggg: 1:15pm On Jul 27, 2021
solelymade:

Thanks for the great support you offered, sir/ma. They explained that after conflicting answers from the customer support services.

Again, because of the above, my sis is going ahead with her registration, now they are insisting the husband needs to have a valid passport before she can capture. I had thought that a letter of authority from the husband will just suffice instead.
Then this idea of a women needs her husband consent or letter of authority to process her passport, there is a court judgement against that, I wondered why they still make it compulsory for women to have it as part of their documentation.
it hs been stopped. There is a court ruling to that effect. Please can you print out this court ruling from the internet or something.
I dnt know what’s wrong with this passprt office you have gone to.
Or ask to see the PCO.
This is absurd.
Or call the customer care lime when you are there
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Gtessy: 1:36pm On Jul 27, 2021
Morgan9:

Which command did u do the capturing?
And when?

Ikoyi
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Lizzer: 3:06pm On Jul 27, 2021
Really!!!!!

This is my first time of hearing that a married woman must get a consent letter from her husband. So that is part of the requirement for Tourist visa.

Please i need advice on the above. I used to be married and now separated from my husband for more than 3 years. I also applied for a divorce since 2019 which is still on process. My question is do i still need to get a consent letter from him because i know he can never agree to do that. At the moment i dont even know where the man is. I haven't seen him for more than 3 years now.

Or is there any document i can submit to prove that am no longer we are getting a divorce. Please my good people i need advice.

solelymade:

Thanks for the great support you offered, sir/ma. They explained that after conflicting answers from the customer support services.

Again, because of the above, my sis is going ahead with her registration, now they are insisting the husband needs to have a valid passport before she can capture. I had thought that a letter of authority from the husband will just suffice instead.
Then this idea of a women needs her husband consent or letter of authority to process her passport, there is a court judgement against that, I wondered why they still make it compulsory for women to have it as part of their documentation.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Lizzer: 3:21pm On Jul 27, 2021
Please did you apply in Abeokuta?
Gtessy:

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Lizzer: 3:28pm On Jul 27, 2021
It seems i got this all wrong, is your sister applying for International passport or Visa?
solelymade:

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Gabem: 3:57pm On Jul 27, 2021
Morgan9:

From 10th June to now
Good luck �

Please i have not been able to capture at festac command since second week of this month i actually rearrange my name on NIN cos the first name was placed as the middle name on NIN so i was asked to rearrange my name since then they are saying it has not drop on immigration server but NIN has printed the corrected slip out for after 3 working days still the name has not drop, please what can i do?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Gabem: 4:01pm On Jul 27, 2021
Morgan9:

From 10th June to now
Good luck �

Please i have not been able to capture at festac command since second week of this month i actually rearrange my name on NIN cos the first name was placed as the middle name on NIN so i was asked to rearrange my name since then they are saying it has not drop on immigration server but NIN has printed the corrected slip out for after 3 working days still the name has not drop, please what can i do?
Gtessy:

Gtessy:

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by solelymade: 4:28pm On Jul 27, 2021
Oggg:
it hs been stopped. There is a court ruling to that effect. Please can you print out this court ruling from the internet or something.
I dnt know what’s wrong with this passprt office you have gone to.
Or ask to see the PCO.
This is absurd.
Or call the customer care lime when you are there

Bros, It was serious war this morning, and they appear (at the Servicom Unit, Ikoyi) to be sincere and not trying to mislead or frustrate us. They insisted that we must produce the Datapage of the Husband Passport, a valid Passport at that, before they present the wife for capturing.

I thought it was a joke sort of and called their customer care line which they picked at Abuja, after so many back and forth in a 25-minute call; the summary was that she has to provide a valid husband's passport datapage, I imagined the kind of frustration women with sufferhead husbands go suffer. I don't know what applies generally, maybe it a new requirement, I even requested that they update the information on their website to capture that as a required document, so they don't waste people's precious time.

Thank bros. We are making arrangement for the husband to go to Abuja to do data correction on his passport, that one sef the officer is saying make we bring 200k.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by solelymade: 4:41pm On Jul 27, 2021
Lizzer:
It seems i got this all wrong, is your sister applying for International passport or Visa?
Na passport oooo... Nothing else. Maybe I should recap the situation again, so you understand.
Wife has expired passport in her maiden name, so renewal/change of name due to marriage.
Husband has expired passport in his old compound name (surname - KING; he did the passport before he married) , and wants new passport in his last name which the wife and children use( surname - KINGSTER). Marriage certificate, NIN, Driver's License are all in KINGSTER, He has sworn affidavit and newspaper publication for change of name, and likewise the wife.

I don't know how those documents are not enough to capture the wife ooooo until the man does a valid passport. We were giving lectures and stories of how women run away with the kids and all sort. I tire oooo
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Gabem: 4:43pm On Jul 27, 2021
opelinho:

It doesn't take 6 months to drop. It's only when you have issues with ur NIN. And passport payment takes 1 year before it expires

Please what can i do i was asked to rearrange the name on my NIN cos first name was mistakenly placed as middle name on my NIN so i have rearranged it since 29th of Jun and got the print out with correct name arrangement since 2nd of this month (Jul) since then up till now i have not been able to capture they saying my NIN as not drop am processing it at festac command please any clue on how to the NIN drop due to correction we did on it. thanks.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by solelymade: 4:56pm On Jul 27, 2021
Lizzer:
Really!!!!!

This is my first time of hearing that a married woman must get a consent letter from her husband. So that is part of the requirement for Tourist visa.

Please i need advice on the above. I used to be married and now separated from my husband for more than 3 years. I also applied for a divorce since 2019 which is still on process. My question is do i still need to get a consent letter from him because i know he can never agree to do that. At the moment i dont even know where the man is. I haven't seen him for more than 3 years now.

Or is there any document i can submit to prove that am no longer we are getting a divorce. Please my good people i need advice.

They won't capture you until you produce court document of separation/divorce from your husband. It is a seriously messed up situation for separated women. Yes, there is a court ruling nullifying consent letter from Husband as a requirement - but they choose to play deaf to that ruling ( they still process it still if you are strong willed or ready to pay the errand immigration boys) and will rather frustrate women especially when it is DIY.

Since you are not legally divorced yet, maybe (ASK Others ooo) you should use married as your marital status especially if you can get a copy of your husband valid passport. A lot might be tied to that court proceeding on your divorce when it comes to travelling and its document, please try to expedite the process with all you have.

Look at this
https://www.quora.com/Nigeria-Is-a-married-woman-still-required-to-produce-a-letter-of-consent-from-her-husband-as-part-of-requirements-for-obtaining-or-renewing-her-international-passport

This has been a ruling since 2009 and there was another one as recent as 2017 because they didn't comply
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2009/06/court-voids-immigration-condition-for-issuing-passports-to-married-women/
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Lizzer: 5:44pm On Jul 27, 2021
Thank you for that explanation.
I have already renewed my passport. I didn't have such issues. Am just waiting for pick up.
I was actually thinking the consent letter is required when you want to apply for tourist visa.
I hope there will be no such requirement for tourist visa application.

solelymade:

They won't capture you until you produce court document of separation/divorce from your husband. It is a seriously messed up situation for separated women. Yes, there is a court ruling nullifying consent letter from Husband as a requirement - but they choose to play deaf to that ruling ( they still process it still if you are strong willed or ready to pay the errand immigration boys) and will rather frustrate women especially when it is DIY.

Since you are not legally divorced yet, maybe (ASK Others ooo) you should use married as your marital status especially if you can get a copy of your husband valid passport. A lot might be tied to that court proceeding on your divorce when it comes to travelling and its document, please try to expedite the process with all you have.

Look at this
https://www.quora.com/Nigeria-Is-a-married-woman-still-required-to-produce-a-letter-of-consent-from-her-husband-as-part-of-requirements-for-obtaining-or-renewing-her-international-passport

This has been a ruling since 2009 and there was another one as recent as 2017 because they didn't comply
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2009/06/court-voids-immigration-condition-for-issuing-passports-to-married-women/
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Oggg: 8:48pm On Jul 27, 2021
solelymade:

Bros, It was serious war this morning, and they appear (at the Servicom Unit, Ikoyi) to be sincere and not trying to mislead or frustrate us. They insisted that we must produce the Datapage of the Husband Passport, a valid Passport at that, before they present the wife for capturing.

I thought it was a joke sort of and called their customer care line which they picked at Abuja, after so many back and forth in a 25-minute call; the summary was that she has to provide a valid husband's passport datapage, I imagined the kind of frustration women with sufferhead husbands go suffer. I don't know what applies generally, maybe it a new requirement, I even requested that they update the information on their website to capture that as a required document, so they don't waste people's precious time.

Thank bros. We are making arrangement for the husband to go to Abuja to do data correction on his passport, that one sef the officer is saying make we bring 200k.
What??
I am shocked. Trust me this is because it is DIY. They are only trying to frustrate you. I know countless women who have obtained ppt without husbands data page.
So the court ruling is for who and who?
Honestly Nigeria is dead. Why can’t the husband continue with the old surname na? Data correction is not for the weak
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Lizzer: 10:11pm On Jul 27, 2021
I think they are just doing this to see if they can extort money from you guys.

About the change of name, you need to ask another officer because i did change of name in 2016 and it cost me 60k. 200k is way too much.
solelymade:

Look at this

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by solelymade: 12:39am On Jul 28, 2021
Oggg:

What??
I am shocked. Trust me this is because it is DIY. They are only trying to frustrate you. I know countless women who have obtained ppt without husbands data page.
So the court ruling is for who and who?
Honestly Nigeria is dead. Why can’t the husband continue with the old surname na? Data correction is not for the weak

Thank you sir. God will cure our land.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by solelymade: 12:40am On Jul 28, 2021
Lizzer:
I think they are just doing this to see if they can extort money from you guys.

About the change of name, you need to ask another officer because i did change of name in 2016 and it cost me 60k. 200k is way too much.

I tire ooo. Thank you for the great support
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Nikyb: 8:33am On Jul 28, 2021
Hello house. I want to go and check/pick up my 7yr daughter's passport at Alausa, I read somewhere here that the owner needs to thumb print and activate passports on collection. Is this applicable to minors? Please share your experience if you have collected for children recently. Thank you all

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Oreoluwa97: 10:28am On Jul 28, 2021
Good morning ? Can I renew my international passport online or do I need to go to their office?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by stephenponti(m): 10:39am On Jul 28, 2021
Lizzer:
You can go to Abeokuta immigration office , if you are in Lagos, I did mine there .NIN is not required.

Please sir, would you please give me more information about the centre you did the passport in abeokuta. I stay in Lagos I wouldn't mind to move down to Abeokuta to do the passport and avoid all the hassle of correction of date on NIN. if you have any contact in the passport office that you did yours kindly provide so I can reach out to the person and make the arrangement thank you
Also is it DIY or unofficial which route did you take to do your own passport there.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by stephenponti(m): 10:51am On Jul 28, 2021
oluchi007003:
I had to pay someone who did it for me.Quite pricey but it was worth it cos my name dropped the next day.I waited for several weeks but it never dropped so I guess it was money well spent.

Please how much did it cost you to have your NIN to drop I was told 50k and that is making me to consider moving to a nearby state where they don't require NIN. I stay in Lagos
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Udapod(m): 1:21pm On Jul 28, 2021
I have finally gotten my international passport. I did capturing last month and i got the passport a day before yesterday

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Duisburg: 1:26pm On Jul 28, 2021
Udapod:
I have finally gotten my international passport. I did capturing last month and i got the passport a day before yesterday
What date did you do capturing and where?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by adebisilucy(f): 1:28pm On Jul 28, 2021
stephenponti:

Please how much did it cost you to have your NIN to drop I was told 50k and that is making me to consider moving to a nearby state where they don't require NIN. I stay in Lagos
I sent you a pm
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Gentlerespect76: 1:29pm On Jul 28, 2021
Unbelievable. Nigeria is not redeemable, honestly. Six whole weeks?

Morgan9:

It is no longer possible..
Besides pH command is not DIY friendly..
Those officers don dump ur file somewhere.
6weeks is too long to wait for ordinary capturing..
I will advice u go thier and sort an officer so that ur capturing can be done fast..

If not u will have to be waiting in vain.
My one cent though
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Oggg: 3:11pm On Jul 28, 2021
Nikyb:
Hello house. I want to go and check/pick up my 7yr daughter's passport at Alausa, I read somewhere here that the owner needs to thumb print and activate passports on collection. Is this applicable to minors? Please share your experience if you have collected for children recently. Thank you all
just go with the minor. They will not thumbprint. Also carry original birth certificate
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Lizzer: 3:45pm On Jul 28, 2021
Good afternoon,
I don't know how to send a private message here, if you know how to do that kindly message me . i will reply you and give you the info you required.

stephenponti:

Please sir, would you please give me more information about the centre you did the passport in abeokuta. I stay in Lagos I wouldn't mind to move down to Abeokuta to do the passport and avoid all the hassle of correction of date on NIN. if you have any contact in the passport office that you did yours kindly provide so I can reach out to the person and make the arrangement thank you
Also is it DIY or unofficial which route did you take to do your own passport there.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Lizzer: 3:47pm On Jul 28, 2021
I think abeokuta will be better for you
stephenponti:

(1) (2) (3) ... (311) (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) (317) ... (827) (Reply)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.