Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,088 members, 7,807,250 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:37 AM

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport - Travel (502) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport (1430116 Views)

The Only Street In America With A Nigeria Name / Chinese Man Speaking Pidgin On Plane To A Nigeria Woman During A Fight / 44 Countries You Can Travel To With A Nigeria International Passport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (499) (500) (501) (502) (503) (504) (505) ... (827) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by cayesworld(m): 10:58am On Jun 30, 2022
Thanks for this info
rotile247:

Yes. When you get to collection, if you're not able to pick it just go to Servicom. They have almost 200 passport with them at servicom so they might not see it at collection section. Ensure you go with copy of your NIN, Passport Data page, confirmed payment printout and any other documents you used to apply. They said they had an incident (fire) hence so they need to replace lost documents.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Jaysleeves(m): 2:46pm On Jun 30, 2022
So yesterday I finally picked up my passport (DIY) at the ikoyi Lagos immigration office. Captured on March 9th 2022. Been ranting on Twitter since day one of capturing , tagging ministry of interior , rauf aregbesola , the presidency , Nigeria info and NIS. Didn't even know it has been ready since May 31st lol. At a point i almost got discouraged and wanted fast tracking but fortunating the officer asked for my enrollment number and said no need for that , that my passport is out since. Well DIY works but not for the desperate and guess what , others who bribed also waited for atleast 2 months before getting there's, more still paying 45k - 65k for a 32 page 5 years passport. They all were shocked when I said I paid only 26k. The choice is yours you can bribe or DIY if you not desperate.

5 Likes

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Shotunde88: 3:53pm On Jun 30, 2022
Good evening House. I was to capture last 3 weeks at Alausa, but was told my expired passport was not activated when I collected it 5 years ago. The official said it will be activated in Abuja.
How can one activate a passport quickly? Thanks
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Marike2: 4:12pm On Jun 30, 2022
Jaysleeves:
So yesterday I finally picked up my passport (DIY) at the ikoyi Lagos immigration office. Captured on March 9th 2022. Been ranting on Twitter since day one of capturing , tagging ministry of interior , rauf aregbesola , the presidency , Nigeria info and NIS. Didn't even know it has been ready since May 31st lol. At a point i almost got discouraged and wanted fast tracking but fortunating the officer asked for my enrollment number and said no need for that , that my passport is out since. Well DIY works but not for the desperate and guess what , others who bribed also waited for atleast 2 months before getting there's, more still paying 45k - 65k for a 32 page 5 years passport. They all were shocked when I said I paid only 26k. The choice is yours you can bribe or DIY if you not desperate.

Congrats grin #TeamDIY #IkoyiOffice
Is it Fresh or Renewal? Can you kindly share the processes during collection. Thank you wink
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Jaysleeves(m): 5:19pm On Jun 30, 2022
Marike2:

Congrats grin #TeamDIY #IkoyiOffice
Is it Fresh or Renewal? Can you kindly share the processes during collection. Thank you wink
fresh passport.
Process:
Check with servicom to confirm .
Drop enrollment number at passport collection center.
Wait till your name is called.
Collect passport and confirm bio data.
Go for activation and sign in the register ..

That's all.

3 Likes

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by orikzz(m): 5:32pm On Jun 30, 2022
Jaysleeves:
fresh passport.
Process:
Check with servicom to confirm .
Drop enrollment number at passport collection center.
Wait till your name is called.
Collect passport and confirm bio data.
Go for activation and sign in the register ..

That's all.

How was your experience capturing ... Got a friend who wants to capture tomorrow.. any heads up

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Jaysleeves(m): 6:03pm On Jun 30, 2022
orikzz:

How was your experience capturing ... Got a friend who wants to capture tomorrow.. any heads up
Was smooth. I booked for 1pm or so. But I Sha got there mid day. Came with payment slip, guarantor form , application form , state of origin , 2 passports and birth certificate, NIN. I was given a form to fill at servicom to photo copy and fill for FREE. Did the court stuffs for 500naira, was given a pink file.
I was fortunate to meet an officer from same state and she helped me a bit pushed for my file to be signed and stamped easily without delay. Got to the captured room saw a massive crowd sitted outside I just ignored everyone and walked to an officer inside and told him I want to capture. Baba just asked me to sit down among people inside the room instead of me going outside to await among the huge crowd lol .. I was captured and given a slip containing my enrollment number .. I spent less than 2 hours there.. I guess I was fortunate cause I later learned people have been there as early as 6am, and still not close to getting captured. I only spent 500 naira and some change for photo copy .. the migration officers were all friendly to me and I didn't give any 1 Kobo.. You won't have any issues if you have an NIN cause thats what gives people problem and try book for afternoon session ..

4 Likes

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by orikzz(m): 6:40pm On Jun 30, 2022
Jaysleeves:
Was smooth. I booked for 1pm or so. But I Sha got there mid day. Came with payment slip, guarantor form , application form , state of origin , 2 passports and birth certificate, NIN. I was given a form to fill at servicom to photo copy and fill for FREE. Did the court stuffs for 500naira, was given a pink file.
I was fortunate to meet an officer from same state and she helped me a bit pushed for my file to be signed and stamped easily without delay. Got to the captured room saw a massive crowd sitted outside I just ignored everyone and walked to an officer inside and told him I want to capture. Baba just asked me to sit down among people inside the room instead of me going outside to await among the huge crowd lol .. I was captured and given a slip containing my enrollment number .. I spent less than 2 hours there.. I guess I was fortunate cause I later learned people have been there as early as 6am, and still not close to getting captured. I only spent 500 naira and some change for photo copy .. the migration officers were all friendly to me and I didn't give any 1 Kobo.. You won't have any issues if you have an NIN cause thats what gives people problem and try book for afternoon session ..

Thanks for your response
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by AgentXxx(m): 8:15am On Jul 01, 2022
Good day fellow Nigerians, have anyone been able to access the tracking site today??
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by ayandee: 2:22pm On Jul 01, 2022
A friend of mine needs passport urgently. Where can he get it done within a week?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by panini(m): 7:30pm On Jul 01, 2022
Hello everyone here!
My experience at the NIS Passport office. This is to help those who plan to get theirs as those who shared theirs helped me too.

Passport reissue, #TeamDIY
I went for capturing today, 01/07.
I placed the booking on 01/05.

Time: 9:00 am

I planned getting there earlier but the rain didn't help matters. I got there exactly 9am and they were calling names already and people were collecting files and going inside. I met the servicom desk to direct me to the appropriate desk. They pointed at the desk opposite their cubicle: The internet registration desk.
I went there and asked an officer about the process, she asked me to get a file outside and put my documents inside. I was directed to the VIO car park adjacent the NIS compound. Under a small canopy in the car park, there's a business centre. I bought the file (#500), a 3-page form I saw people filling (#300), they typed and printed my application letter (#300) and a tiny rope to hold perforated papers (#100). The lady there seemed to know the process very well, she helped me arrange the documents and told me the documents I brought that were not needed like the birth certificate and state of origin since it was a reissue (God bless her).
I took the folder back to the Internet registration desk and they checked the documents, wrote some things, asked me to write a few things. They pointed at a door behind a glass and asked me to take my file there. I took it there and met another officer who checked some things in my original passport and the photocopies I brought and handed everything back to me. I took it again to the Internet Registration Desk and they told me that there are 2 other steps that will need to take place before I can get the file back to go for capturing. She asked me to exercise patience and come back in 2 hours. Lol. She said because of the crowd present.
I went back to the business centre and they asked me to wait at the NIS office, so that my file won't be misplaced. (Again, God bless her and her colleague). I went back and in 30 minutes, my name was called to collect my file and go for capturing. I collected my file and sat inside. The qeue was moving despite the number of people inside. It may have been an hour of waiting before I finally got to the capturing room. I was captured, got my enrollment form and en route home!
Left around 1.

Looking forward to the best. The date of collection written on the enrollment form says 01/08. Let's see if it is. Selah.

3 Likes

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by fun2fun(f): 7:34pm On Jul 01, 2022
Hi everyone. Pls how do I track my passport?

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by mroyato(m): 7:54pm On Jul 01, 2022
DIY application in Alausa is quite a straight forward process if your documents are intact.

panini:
Hello everyone here!
My experience at the NIS Passport office. This is to help those who plan to get theirs as those who shared theirs helped me too.

Passport reissue, #TeamDIY
I went for capturing today, 01/07.
I placed the booking on 01/05.

Time: 9:00 am

I planned getting there earlier but the rain didn't help matters. I got there exactly 9am and they were calling names already and people were collecting files and going inside. I met the servicom desk to direct me to the appropriate desk. They pointed at the desk opposite their cubicle: The internet registration desk.
I went there and asked an officer about the process, she asked me to get a file outside and put my documents inside. I was directed to the VIO car park adjacent the NIS compound. Under a small canopy in the car park, there's a business centre. I bought the file (#500), a 3-page form I saw people filling (#300), they typed and printed my application letter (#300) and a tiny rope to hold perforated papers (#100). The lady there seemed to know the process very well, she helped me arrange the documents and told me the documents I brought that were not needed like the birth certificate and state of origin since it was a reissue (God bless her).
I took the folder back to the Internet registration desk and they checked the documents, wrote some things, asked me to write a few things. They pointed at a door behind a glass and asked me to take my file there. I took it there and met another officer who checked some things in my original passport and the photocopies I brought and handed everything back to me. I took it again to the Internet Registration Desk and they told me that there are 2 other steps that will need to take place before I can get the file back to go for capturing. She asked me to exercise patience and come back in 2 hours. Lol. She said because of the crowd present.
I went back to the business centre and they asked me to wait at the NIS office, so that my file won't be misplaced. (Again, God bless her and her colleague). I went back and in 30 minutes, my name was called to collect my file and go for capturing. I collected my file and sat inside. The qeue was moving despite the number of people inside. It may have been an hour of waiting before I finally got to the capturing room. I was captured, got my enrollment form and en route home!
Left around 1.

Looking forward to the best. The date of collection written on the enrollment form says 01/08. Let's see if it is. Selah.

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Afunleshin26: 11:37am On Jul 02, 2022
adubam:

Brother, I am sorry for late reply. I paid online last year November 2021 I Submitted my documents in December, they sent me sms in January for capturing. Then I waited till April...i started visiting their office to know if the passport is ready.

Do it yourself is very very stressful but it worth.

Is the current passport not the long awaited "enhanced passport" and people are still passing through stress to get it?

Mine is old passport. New enhanced doesn't have a long awaited time.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by samhardy: 12:23pm On Jul 02, 2022
thanks i appreciate your response

giselle237:

U can do ur renewal anywhere u so desire.
For changing to married status, are you male or female? If female is your name goin to change on the new passport?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by SHOPPERS(m): 3:07pm On Jul 02, 2022
For the guarantor form, does the guarantor need to be with the physical copy of his/her own passport or just fill a form?

And please do I need to be with my marriage certificate compulsorily too?

Please help. Make I know if I will travel back or not before Monday.

Thanks.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by FuckHomophobes: 4:12pm On Jul 02, 2022
FuckHomophobes:
The thunder that will fire those Akure immigration office is still doing press up. What nonsense since December last year that I did capturing.

It's already June and I'm yet to get my passport. God will punish them oo. Walahi

6 months later , I get a call that my passport is ready. God will still punish them regardless.

I'm not in the state currently, when I travel back, I'll go pick it up. Useless mofos

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Puya: 5:43pm On Jul 02, 2022
I'm trying to apply for a fresh passport.
I noticed that "passport type" has two options- standard passport and Official passport
please which one am i selecting

Also for those in Lagos, between the three offices (Festac, Alausa and Ikoyi) which place is lenient for DIYers or which should i go for

Then part of the documents to have is the State of Orgin certificate. How are you guys getting that one please ?

Thanks
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by sexymonkey(m): 5:47pm On Jul 02, 2022
SHOPPERS:
For the guarantor form, does the guarantor need to be with the physical copy of his/her own passport or just fill a form?

And please do I need to be with my marriage certificate compulsorily too?

Please help. Make I know if I will travel back or not before Monday.

Thanks.
just the photocopy of the biodata page plus a passport photograph.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by sexymonkey(m): 5:50pm On Jul 02, 2022
Puya:
I noticed that "passport type" has two options- standard passport and Official passport

Also for those in Lagos, between the three offices (Festac, Alausa and Ikoyi) which place is lenient for DIYers or which should i go for

Then part of the documents to have is the State of Orgin certificate. How are you guys getting that one please ?

Thanks

select standard.
with what I saw on Wednesday at Festac, I won't advise DIY there.

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by lajid: 5:54pm On Jul 02, 2022
Ewizard:
Is there anyone here who has done DIY in Abia??

Hello, pls what process are you on now? I have been battling just to capture. I’ve gone there now 3 times still nothing. People are just buying their way through.

Don’t know if I can get any officer to help me out
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Marike2: 9:41pm On Jul 02, 2022
Puya:

Thanks

Go to your State Laison Office and get the Certificate of Origin at a fee, depending on your state.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by adubam(m): 10:02pm On Jul 02, 2022
FuckHomophobes:

6 months later , I get a call that my passport is ready. God will still punish them regardless.

I'm not in the state currently, when I travel back, I'll go pick it up. Useless mofos

God is too busy to do that. Just move on...

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by FuckHomophobes: 11:31pm On Jul 02, 2022
adubam:

God is too busy to do that. Just move on...

Omouexx true sha. Thanks jare grin

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by soomedics: 5:30am On Jul 03, 2022
Jaysleeves:

Please the state of origin and the birth certificate you went with, is it photocopy or original? Then passport photograph, Red or white background?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Jaysleeves(m): 2:44pm On Jul 03, 2022
soomedics:

Please the state of origin and the birth certificate you went with, is it photocopy or original? Then passport photograph, Red or white background?
I went with both original and photocopy for sighting , but I don't think it's important. though advisable you go with originals just in case and as for the passport it was white background.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by emaxjey(m): 3:00pm On Jul 03, 2022
sheyihandsy:
I have a tips that can work for DIYers (Tested and Trusted TWICE me and my wife). Please find out day of the week that your preferred location do productions before you pick a capturing date.
For instance, Ibadan produce every Tuesday of the week, so Monday is best capturing day. Go to the location 2-3days to open file , and find an officer that can help you capture in time(without paying a dime). Then ask him if he can fast track...10k to 15k is all that will cost you to collect your passport the following day. I promise you. Online payment: 27k + 15k= 42k total package. Not a bad deal if you want to pay for fast track

Sent you a mail boss. Really shocked that it can be this fast . I stay in Ibadan too, I don’t know if we can connect and help . Thanks
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Puya: 4:23pm On Jul 03, 2022
Marike2:

Go to your State Laison Office and get the Certificate of Origin at a fee, depending on your state.

Thank you boss

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by yorke1: 9:37am On Jul 04, 2022
fun2fun:
Hi everyone. Pls how do I track my passport?

https://track.immigration.gov.ng/
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by uchman(m): 10:03am On Jul 04, 2022
isaacosas01:

Ikoyi passport office

Please do you have a plug in Ikoyi Immigration? I will be capturing on July 20 and if my passport can be out within 2 weeks, I will be fine
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Freda23: 11:02am On Jul 04, 2022
Just checked my son’s status what does this mean

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by adubam(m): 11:42am On Jul 04, 2022
Freda23:
Just checked my son’s status what does this mean

Final stage before collection

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (499) (500) (501) (502) (503) (504) (505) ... (827) (Reply)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.