Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,861 members, 7,802,759 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:59 PM

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport - Travel (68) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport (1426429 Views)

The Only Street In America With A Nigeria Name / Chinese Man Speaking Pidgin On Plane To A Nigeria Woman During A Fight / 44 Countries You Can Travel To With A Nigeria International Passport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) ... (826) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by chygoz3(m): 1:03pm On Dec 04, 2018
hallibay:
Hello house,
I have just paid online for int passport via innovative1pay thru GTB. I did not get an interview date on thier website printout.

Please am I to wait for a date, Check online or proceed to thier ikeja office (chosen location) for submission of documents?
With your application ID and Reference No, login to the platform here https://portal.immigration.gov.ng/passport/checkPassportStatus.
The acknowledgement slip should contain the interview date.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by hallibay: 2:26pm On Dec 04, 2018
chygoz3:

With your application ID and Reference No, login to the platform here https://portal.immigration.gov.ng/passport/checkPassportStatus.
The acknowledgement slip should contain the interview date.
Spot on Chygoz3. Many thanks. Date is Dec 12.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by chygoz3(m): 3:40pm On Dec 04, 2018
hallibay:

Spot on Chygoz3. Many thanks. Date is Dec 12.
You're welcome.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by VolvoS60(m): 11:27am On Dec 05, 2018
chygoz3:

Yes i did. I only visited the office twice: one on the date of interview and then when i went for collection.
What i advise you to do is to note the name of officer that may want to ask any money from you if you encounter such. While at the office, be prepared to tweet to their handle if you encounter any challenges. I have read about incidences with the Alausa office whereby people who paid online are asked to come back at a later date for capturing. If you are told something similar, make it known immediately to the twitter handle.

^^^
Went for my interview/data capture a few days ago. Things went fairly smoothly. The officers I met first began with that whole "I can help you" nonsense but I wasn't having any of it. I bought the file jackets myself and all the other odds and ends the officers required of me, followed my file from section to section and finally the whole thing was completed without my paying 1 kobo. The only thing I found unusual is the 3+ weeks I have to wait before collection. We'll see how it goes. There has been some improvement in service - at least this time I didn't see any inebriated immigration police threatening members of the public over nothing.

3 Likes

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by GoldmanSach: 6:46pm On Dec 06, 2018
Good evening house, please who did his/her passport at Osogbo lately?

What are the requirements and the necessary fees to pay?

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by pxjosh(m): 3:51pm On Dec 09, 2018
queengift:
I paid online last week, went for capturing on Thursday, at Awka, got my passport in less than four hours. the online payment is working
Hello Queen, I stay close to Awka. I'd like to ask you some questions as I'm considering this online registration. May I send a PM?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by pxjosh(m): 3:52pm On Dec 09, 2018
chygoz3:

You're welcome.
Chief, do you know if they've started issuing passports with 10year validity?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by chygoz3(m): 4:22pm On Dec 09, 2018
pxjosh:
Chief, do you know if they've started issuing passports with 10year validity?
No I don't.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by VolvoS60(m): 8:01pm On Dec 10, 2018
I went back to the NIS office for passport collection as scheduled.

Sadly, I must withdraw the limited praise I gave the Service in my previous post on this thread. Collection should have been a straightforward affair but it turned into a nightmare. I and several other applicants spent the whole day in a fruitless and pointless wait for passports that were either misplaced or not ready. Whether this delay is all part of a plan to 'soften' us up before requests for gratification is something we'll have to wait and see.

The Service needs to stop the photo ops and social media campaign and deal with the nitty gritty of how it actually serves the public. It seems they don't understand that having scores of anxious, angry, frustrated and depressed applicants waiting endlessly IS a service failure. Immigration personnel mill in and out of the different offices - fronting for applicants trying to beat the queue, processing the requests of senior staff, etc. - and creating unnecessary traffic while actually doing very little work - leaving frustrated applicants at the mercy of predatory servicemen/women who then offer to provide 'help', (MMM style) undecided.

We can do better than this.

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Nobody: 10:25pm On Dec 10, 2018
please, how much does it cost to renew passport.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by pxjosh(m): 11:35pm On Dec 10, 2018
Please pardon me if these questions have been trashed before. I've applied online and my interview date is 18th Dec at Awka. Do I need to go with originals of LGA cert and Affidavit of Birth Cert? I don't have the originals at the moment.

cc queengift
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by chygoz3(m): 5:28am On Dec 11, 2018
pxjosh:
Please pardon me if these questions have been trashed before. I've applied online and my interview date is 18th Dec at Awka. Do I need to go with originals of LGA cert and Affidavit of Birth Cert? I don't have the originals at the moment.

cc queengift
Yes you do
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by hammed71(m): 8:56am On Dec 11, 2018
guys please have they started issuing the 10years passport

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by pxjosh(m): 8:41pm On Dec 11, 2018
chygoz3:

Yes you do
Thank you. Just one last question before I zoom off.

For the guarantor's form, I'm confused about the latter part of part 2 and part 3. Do I have to fill those parts or I could just put a dash there

Those I've asked about this guarantor's form told me they never filled such form

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by chygoz3(m): 10:17pm On Dec 11, 2018
pxjosh:
Thank you. Just one last question before I zoom off.

For the guarantor's form, I'm confused about the latter part of part 2 and part 3. Do I have to fill those parts or I could just put a dash there

Those I've asked about this guarantor's form told me they never filled such form
I think it can be ignored.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Chibuezestan: 3:38am On Dec 12, 2018
Hello my passport is expired and lost is it possible for me to just get a new one without going to Abuja and spending much money on it
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by divads(m): 2:27pm On Dec 13, 2018
My story at Uyo immigration office..

i applied online and went there with the required documents..

i met them at the servicom desk. they told me that they wont accept declaration of age and that my guarantor must have either a national ID or drivers license. And also they charge 4k for processing fee. i explained to her that i dont have the money. she said that i should get the documents first that if i dont have the money i will have to go and see the PCO. (who travelled)

i left there and went to secure the two documents. i couldnt finish that yesterday. so i went back to the office today.. i met another immigration woman. i explained to her that i payed online and dont have 4k for "Office charge" she told me. exactly waht the servicom woman said. that ill have to wait to see the PCO that he travelled to come back on monday. that its only the man that can waive the 4k office fee for me.

meanwhile those who payed cash were being processed as i was there. The woman sha said that i should not worry. that i should come on monday that she will take me to the PCO.

I think i will just chill till monday and see what happens. Then ill knw if i should contact the twitter handle.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by chygoz3(m): 4:13pm On Dec 13, 2018
divads:
My story at Uyo immigration office..

i applied online and went there with the required documents..

i met them at the servicom desk. they told me that they wont accept declaration of age and that my guarantor must have either a national ID or drivers license. And also they charge 4k for processing fee. i explained to her that i dont have the money. she said that i should get the documents first that if i dont have the money i will have to go and see the PCO. (who travelled)

i left there and went to secure the two documents. i couldnt finish that yesterday. so i went back to the office today.. i met another immigration woman. i explained to her that i payed online and dont have 4k for "Office charge" she told me. exactly waht the servicom woman said. that ill have to wait to see the PCO that he travelled to come back on monday. that its only the man that can waive the 4k office fee for me.

meanwhile those who payed cash were being processed as i was there. The woman sha said that i should not worry. that i should come on monday that she will take me to the PCO.

I think i will just chill till monday and see what happens. Then ill knw if i should contact the twitter handle.

They just come up with all sorts of avenues to extort money from people. Which one is office fee again? Just note their names incase you have to report them via twitter.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by suyamasta(m): 5:52am On Dec 17, 2018
ballow5:
So guys pls do not go there and misbehave...just corporate with the officials and yu will have a smooth and successful registration

Peace out
wait o did they threaten and beat you so much that you changed your story??
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by suyamasta(m): 7:26am On Dec 17, 2018
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by suyamasta(m): 7:27am On Dec 17, 2018
ballow5:

But I wI'll advice yu never to made mention of anything called twitter while inside the office....I will still share my experience at Alausa's office

It was a funny but useless one
?? First of all rebuke the spirit of fear!
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by DFmum: 8:50am On Dec 17, 2018
Are there booklets in every immigration offices now? Had a horrible experience when I was doing mine, I want to do for my 2 children now.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by tomimy1: 9:09am On Dec 17, 2018
Please house, can i go for letter of identification on behalf of my husband? Also, do i need this letter for my children or their Dad's covers them?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Olikeze1: 10:19am On Dec 17, 2018
Kindly answer this question one in the house with valid information. Have they started issuing 10 years valid passports ?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by kenniology(m): 12:38pm On Dec 17, 2018
hello guys, I was being scheduled for interview and data capturing today at the Ikeja branch of immigration office on getting there I was directed to the servicom on gettin there the officer I met there helped me with the arrangement of documents and all that but I was surprised when he asked me to come back on 2nd of January 2019 for capturing... please I want to ask if it is normal to be rescheduled for capturing on another day apart from the date of interview.. thanks
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by chygoz3(m): 1:40pm On Dec 17, 2018
kenniology:
hello guys, I was being scheduled for interview and data capturing today at the Ikeja branch of immigration office on getting there I was directed to the servicom on gettin there the officer I met there helped me with the arrangement of documents and all that but I was surprised when he asked me to come back on 2nd of January 2019 for capturing... please I want to ask if it is normal to be rescheduled for capturing on another day apart from the date of interview.. thanks
No it is not normal. It is a ploy they adopt at the Ikeja office to make you want to offer them something in order to allow you capture today. You could politely ask why you should come back on another day while taking note of the person's name. Then contact their twitter handle and let them know what you were told. In rare cases, the reschedule could be valid if they have a lot of passports to process at the moment hence the reason I wrote you should ask them why.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by kenniology(m): 1:49pm On Dec 17, 2018
chygoz3:

No it is not normal. It is a ploy they adopt at the Ikeja office to make you want to offer them something in order to allow you capture today. You could politely ask why you should come back on another day while taking note of the person's name. Then contact their twitter handle and let them know what you were told. In rare cases, the reschedule could be valid if they have a lot of passports to process at the moment hence the reason I wrote you should ask them why.
I asked the officer the reason why I should come back on 2nd of January he was so annoyed that he has many people to attend to that I should go and give my file to them at the registry. I contacted them on Twitter but no response yet..... I went downstairs to meet those servicom officers but they said there's nothing they can do about it as the officer upstairs that asked me to come back is their boss.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Olikeze1: 2:19pm On Dec 17, 2018
Please house kindly inform me, anyone with valid info. Have they started issuing 10 years valid passports ?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Homoviator: 2:42pm On Dec 17, 2018
queengift:
I paid online last week, went for capturing on Thursday, at Awka, got my passport in less than four hours. the online payment is working

Which booklet type is available at Awka, 32 or 64 pages?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by esmarcq(m): 10:23am On Dec 18, 2018
Please, how much will it cost one to replace a missing passport?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by pxjosh(m): 10:44am On Dec 18, 2018
I'm at immigration office Awka, I met one of the officers there and he told me I have to pay 5k for processing fee. I already told them I don't have any money for processing fee cos I didn't know that to be part of the payment. Let's see how it goes.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by divads(m): 10:49pm On Dec 18, 2018
pxjosh:
I'm at immigration office Awka, I met one of the officers there and he told me I have to pay 5k for processing fee. I already told them I don't have any money for processing fee cos I didn't know that to be part of the payment. Let's see how it goes.
exactly wat i was told in uyo.. they said i should pay 4k for office charge.. i told dem i dont have d money.. they said ill have to come nd see dr PCO(boss) that he is d only person that can waive it for me.. but the man travelled to Jerusalem. so ill have to come back when Hes back. im going back there tomorrow with vexation. they must answer me.

pls complete yr story.. how did urs go?

(1) (2) (3) ... (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) ... (826) (Reply)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3

Viewing this topic: Barbiturate(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.