Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,228 members, 7,780,432 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 02:11 PM

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport - Travel (69) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport (1404857 Views)

The Only Street In America With A Nigeria Name / Chinese Man Speaking Pidgin On Plane To A Nigeria Woman During A Fight / 44 Countries You Can Travel To With A Nigeria International Passport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) ... (821) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by divads(m): 10:50pm On Dec 18, 2018
can someone pls drop their twitter handle here
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by eiete(f): 4:36am On Dec 19, 2018
divads:
can someone pls drop their twitter handle here

Nigeria Immigration (@nigimmigration) That's the Twitter handle.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by kenniology(m): 11:25am On Dec 19, 2018
eiete:

Nigeria Immigration (@nigimmigration) That's the Twitter handle.
their Twitter account only attend to few cases as they close their eyes on others... my tweet is yet to be attended to, 4 days counting now.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by pxjosh(m): 1:59pm On Dec 19, 2018
divads:
exactly wat i was told in uyo.. they said i should pay 4k for office charge.. i told dem i dont have d money.. they said ill have to come nd see dr PCO(boss) that he is d only person that can waive it for me.. but the man travelled to Jerusalem. so ill have to come back when Hes back. im going back there tomorrow with vexation. they must answer me.

pls complete yr story.. how did urs go?
Sorry I had no time to finish this yesterday.

So they insisted I must pay the 5k. I sent a Tweet to the immigration's Twitter handle and got no reply for over 20minutes. I even called a contact number I saw on the website about the 5k I was asked to pay and the person on the line referred me to one PCO unit like and ask them what I'm paying the 5k for. Immediately I knew it was a dead end. After much thought, I had to part ways with my 5k after going back and forth.

One thing I've realized is that it is almost impossible to make your payment online, go to Awka's processing office without paying that 5k processing fee. Except it's strictly official, you would have to come with an official letter or something before they will attend to you without making any payment.

Good thing is that I got the passport yesterday.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by smithval(m): 2:47pm On Dec 19, 2018
pxjosh:

So they insisted I must pay the 5k. I sent a Tweet to the immigration's Twitter handle and got no reply for over 20minutes. I even called a contact number I saw on the website about the 5k I was asked to pay and the person on the line referred me to one PCO unit like and ask them what I'm paying the 5k for. Immediately I knew it was a dead end. After much thought, I had to part ways with my 5k after going back and forth.

One thing I've realized is that it is almost impossible to make your payment online, go to Awka's processing office without paying that 5k processing fee. Except it's strictly official, you would have to come with an official letter or something before they will attend to you without making any payment.

Please I have some questions
Did you pay online finally or at their office at awka?
How much did everything cost in the end?
What of the guarantor's form?

Thanks
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by pxjosh(m): 4:41pm On Dec 19, 2018
smithval:

Please I have some questions
Did you pay online finally or at their office at awka?
How much did everything cost in the end?
What of the guarantor's form?

Thanks
I filled my application form online and also paid online too (17,800). Then I paid the so-called 5k processing fee. Then 500naira to get commissioner of oath's signature for the guarantor's form at Magistrate court, Amawbia. That's roughly 23,300 excluding transport.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by kenniology(m): 4:46pm On Dec 19, 2018
Grace135:

At Ikeja passport office. A tweet i sent over two weeks ago have not been responded to on their tweeter handle till now. I just pitied those guys at the servicom desk
did you later go for capturing after a week? cos they asked me to come back in two weeks time.. they were so blunt and ready to frustrate at that their Ikeja office..
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by divads(m): 9:47pm On Dec 19, 2018
pxjosh:

i finally got mine today.. at uyo passport office. today the PCO finally came. so i came around 3pm to see him. the man that took me to him explained to him that i paid online and all that. the man told me that i'll have to goan see the comptroller..(the main boss) i went to see h but i wasnt allowed in. until the PCO went to see him on my behalf. he. came back and asked me wether i dont have any money to drop ontop of the file. i told him that i didnt.. That was how my file was collected and they allowed me to go for capturing. infact they were even saying that my file was comptrollers file. so they responded to it faster. i got my passport around 6pm today. without paying a dime. while one man paid 30k plus

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by smithval(m): 10:12pm On Dec 19, 2018
pxjosh:
I filled my application form online and also paid online too (17,800). Then I paid the so-called 5k processing fee. Then 500naira to get commissioner of oath's signature for the guarantor's form at Magistrate court, Amawbia. That's roughly 23,300 excluding transport.

Thanks. I appreciate.

What was the duration from online application to the interview at the office and collection?

Don't mind my inquisitive nature.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by pxjosh(m): 2:35am On Dec 20, 2018
smithval:

Thanks. I appreciate.

What was the duration from online application to the interview at the office and collection?

Don't mind my inquisitive nature.
8days. I registered on the 10th and got captured on the 18th.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by pxjosh(m): 2:35am On Dec 20, 2018
divads:

i finally got mine today.. at uyo passport office. today the PCO finally came. so i came around 3pm to see him. the man that took me to him explained to him that i paid online and all that. the man told me that i'll have to goan see the comptroller..(the main boss) i went to see h but i wasnt allowed in. until the PCO went to see him on my behalf. he. came back and asked me wether i dont have any money to drop ontop of the file. i told him that i didnt.. That was how my file was collected and they allowed me to go for capturing. infact they were even saying that my file was comptrollers file. so they responded to it faster. i got my passport around 6pm today. without paying a dime. while one man paid 30k plus
Nice one.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Dynamo35: 8:44am On Dec 20, 2018
Guys is the process of renewal the same as obtaining a fresh passport on the online application platform?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Grace135: 12:40pm On Dec 20, 2018
kenniology:
did you later go for capturing after a week? cos they asked me to come back in two weeks time.. they were so blunt and ready to frustrate at that their Ikeja office..
Yes I did
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by luvly101: 7:03pm On Dec 23, 2018
pxjosh:
8days. I registered on the 10th and got captured on the 18th.

Please what are the things required for the interview?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by luvly101: 7:05pm On Dec 23, 2018
divads:

How was your file the comptroller's file?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by pxjosh(m): 11:15pm On Dec 23, 2018
luvly101:

Please what are the things required for the interview?

Your guarantor's form, photocopies of international passport and national I'd card, his/her passport photograph.

Then your application form, a passport, copy of LGA certificate. I think that's all
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by bujebudanu1(m): 4:55am On Dec 24, 2018
luvly101:

I.e ogas file so it has to be treated fast.

Mine was Co/So file cos I was directed to his office from gate.

If u have the pco as your friend or family member, definitely your file is PCO's as so it would be treated very well and fast
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by luvly101: 5:17pm On Dec 25, 2018
pxjosh:

Your guarantor's form, photocopies of international passport and national I'd card, his/her passport photograph.

Then your application form, a passport, copy of LGA certificate. I think that's all

Oh! Thanks... I thought the guarantor's form was for age 17 below.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by luvly101: 5:17pm On Dec 25, 2018
bujebudanu1:

I.e ogas file so it has to be treated fast.

Mine was Co/So file cos I was directed to his office from gate.

If u have the pco as your friend or family member, definitely your file is PCO's as so it would be treated very well and fast

Understood. Thanks for the explanation.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by divads(m): 11:11pm On Dec 25, 2018
luvly101:

since the order came from the comptroller to attend to me. they treated it with importance. one of the ladies said "This is the comptrollers file" meaning my file came directly from the Controllers desk. so they treated it urgently
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by VolvoS60(m): 12:12am On Dec 26, 2018
Our road is long.

I finally got passport after a lengthy delay - without any reason given for the delay. My experience was a mixed bag - most of the service personnel I dealt with were courteous and pleasant - I'll give them that - but there is a lot of work that needs to be done. The posts above mine say this far better than I could.

A pity that the NIS twitter handle is not performing at full throttle. Several posters here obviously filed their complaints there but the official response has been patchy at best.

NIS personnel - if you are reading this - please rise to the occassion.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by luvly101: 12:59am On Dec 26, 2018
divads:
since the order came from the comptroller to attend to me. they treated it with importance. one of the ladies said "This is the comptrollers file" meaning my file came directly from the Controllers desk. so they treated it urgently

Alright. Thanks.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Ianmaduka(m): 8:40pm On Dec 26, 2018
Please my people how and where can I mak a yellow card for traveling
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Nobody: 1:41pm On Dec 27, 2018
Hello everyone,

I urgently need to obtain my international passport roughly in a month and half time. I have all other required documents except LGA cert. Getting this lga cert now wont be easy at all for me as am not in my state of origin right now. So, i'd like to know if there is a way i can get my passport without LGA cert..Thank you.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by fantastical(m): 7:52am On Dec 28, 2018
Hello everyone,

Please, does anyone know int'l passport office address in Asaba, Delta state and how much is the current application fee for the passport?

Secondly, is there immigration office in A saba?

I need an urgent response please. God bless you.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Ianmaduka(m): 12:05pm On Dec 28, 2018
Good morning.please anyone knows where to make yellow card in Lagos and the cost of it please my dear people??
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by chygoz3(m): 12:31pm On Dec 28, 2018
Ianmaduka:
Good morning.please anyone knows where to make yellow card in Lagos and the cost of it please my dear people??
Port Health Services around Airport toll gate. I don't know the cost though.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Asapant: 1:32pm On Dec 28, 2018
Afternoon all. My Int'l passport which I got in 2013 had expired in sept 2018. I want to renew my Int'l passport first week of January 2019. My question is how much does it cost to renew Int'l passport ?. Thank you

I shall renew it in Abeokuta. Ogun State
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Asapant: 1:55pm On Dec 28, 2018
Good day erryone. How much does it take to renew passport ?
NB : My got my first passport in 2018, exporedsept 2018

Thank you all.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Ianmaduka(m): 2:26pm On Dec 28, 2018
thanks I truely appreciate
chygoz3:

Port Health Services around Airport toll gate. I don't know the cost though.

(1) (2) (3) ... (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) ... (821) (Reply)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3

Viewing this topic: trollx and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.