Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,516 members, 7,801,377 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:27 PM

Women; Becoming Assets Rather Than Liabilities - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Women; Becoming Assets Rather Than Liabilities (45963 Views)

Are Women Becoming Sexually Boring ? / How Secure/happy Are Men When Their Women Are Assets Rather Than Liabilities.. / My Nigerian Friend Says That African Women In Europe Are Liabilities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Women; Becoming Assets Rather Than Liabilities by Nobody: 10:11pm On Oct 28, 2014
Neldrizzy:
guy shocked see me see wahala oo.... Who b nelssizzy again
Nelson grin grin mah add am mandela?
Re: Women; Becoming Assets Rather Than Liabilities by Gerrard59(m): 10:12pm On Oct 28, 2014
abbakacici:
most men have no problem with career women, as long as he does earn more him because when she earn more than him, she will not be happy with what he is providing in terms of accommodation/ food/ trip therefore she will want to contribute in the family welfare which most men hate which this means he is useless/ worthless because he can't take care of his family need which men have being doing since the time of Adam

Then why do still want a career woman? Why not go and marry a qualified village champion?
If it were to you, will you be happy to provide a share to the family welfare yet your input won't be taken, simply because you don't have a d1ck to qualify you as a man?

2 Likes

Re: Women; Becoming Assets Rather Than Liabilities by Nelsizzy(m): 10:12pm On Oct 28, 2014
naijaboiy:

neldrizzy
nah, m different
Re: Women; Becoming Assets Rather Than Liabilities by UjSizzle(f): 10:12pm On Oct 28, 2014
Funny thread and people grin

Men have a lot of problems really. If saying what the OP typed here is enough to earn a woman a wedding ring, then most of you will be running out of your houses in no time grin

In other news, why is it ok to call a woman an asset if she can go beyond being a domestic appendage, to holding up her end in providing finance when her man is down, and a taboo to even suggest that a man helps on the domestic end undecided
Or shouldn't that be part of what makes a man an 'asset' too? grin

All these partiality you people are sharing eh, it's not good oo.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Women; Becoming Assets Rather Than Liabilities by 100Cents: 10:13pm On Oct 28, 2014
Elusive9:
... And most men now begin to feel insecured the moment d woman is doing so well! Well, wass my own?undecided Alhaja's garri now sells for 2naira per cup, hurry while offer lasts wink

Doing well is not by mouth.

Do well first, let the problem now be where to store the money you have made..
Re: Women; Becoming Assets Rather Than Liabilities by Nobody: 10:17pm On Oct 28, 2014
Gorgeous58:
Strive to be the kind of woman who, when your man hits rock bottom, when his business fails or he is retrenched from his job, can carry the family through. You must be able to provide what he otherwise would. This thing of women who sit doing nothing, and when a man goes through a difficult period, cannot come through for him, or at least even help him make a plan, is not on.

Let us start hustling with our men. We must stop being liabilities when we have what it takes to be assets.

Ladies, what's your take on this?
this is a very nice write up. I must confess. But the truth is that, you hardly see matured and reasonable women who are liabilities nowadays, talk more of married women. Everyone is busy. Very nice. Thank you for this. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Women; Becoming Assets Rather Than Liabilities by kandiikane(m): 10:17pm On Oct 28, 2014
Gorgeous58:

Seriously, some women do the later. As for the former, taking care of house chores won't cut it if the man becomes financially handicapped tomorrow. The woman should at least have something to offer when trying times come around. What if she becomes widowed? What then?
I agree that every woman should endeavour to have their own money but to imply housewives are liabilities is far fetched because if we want to be technical, the man is also a liability to the woman because he also depends on her to take care of him. Liability doesn't just come from spending money but there are many other ways in which one can become a liability. If the husband was in a wheelchair right now and cannot work, if I was to go with what you wrote then he is going to become the liability because he won't be able to do jack shyt, the housewife is not just sitting at home doing nothing. I understand where you are coming from though just confused on which women you are talking about because it's an insult to housewives because they aren't, especially those who had no choice.

I have written several times that women should not live life just to become housewives but saying that has never been because I thought they were liabities, that has never crossed my mind because it's not true. The family rely on that woman.

6 Likes

Re: Women; Becoming Assets Rather Than Liabilities by duni04(m): 10:18pm On Oct 28, 2014
Nonsense and pointless thread. Wonder what its doing on the front page undecided
Re: Women; Becoming Assets Rather Than Liabilities by kandiikane(m): 10:20pm On Oct 28, 2014
UjSizzle:
Funny thread and people grin

Men have a lot of problems really. If saying what the OP typed here is enough to earn a woman a wedding ring, then most of you will be running out of your houses in no time grin

In other news, why is it ok to call a woman an asset if she can go beyond being a domestic appendage, to holding up her end in providing finance when her man is down, and a taboo to even suggest that a man helps on the domestic end undecided

Or shouldn't that be part of what makes a man an 'asset' too? grin

All these partiality you people are sharing eh, it's not good oo.
The bolded corresponds with what I wrote regarding the man relying on the woman to be taken cared of. It can be considered a liability too.
Re: Women; Becoming Assets Rather Than Liabilities by tommiebuck(f): 10:21pm On Oct 28, 2014
pcguru1:

lol its obvious you are young, that's a weird way to think, what does hustle with a man even mean ? anyway everybody has their opinions, but you should know not all people will be rich at the early stage, infact why are we Nigerians so materialistic why is so much value placed on money ?

sure u knw my age abi boss?? i am not being materialistic here. behind a successful man... we ll both be successful, but not ib hustling togeda, i knw what i am saying. i see u boss
Re: Women; Becoming Assets Rather Than Liabilities by Nobody: 10:22pm On Oct 28, 2014
DollyParton1:

I know right. In this age. May God rebuke such man in Jesus name.
A big [size=200pt]Amen[/size] cheesy
Re: Women; Becoming Assets Rather Than Liabilities by Olusharp(m): 10:23pm On Oct 28, 2014
SeverusSnape:
Nice one Op, women has many roles to play in this present day and age. Being assets rather than liabilities, Hopefully, my WIFE will be an asset, not just an asset; a fixed asset.
you are a die-hard fan of Harry

1 Like

Re: Women; Becoming Assets Rather Than Liabilities by Misogynist2014(m): 10:27pm On Oct 28, 2014
HARDDON:
Never knew id live this long to read such words from a female....... cool

All along, had tot you guys were structured for collecting , fashioned for begging and accursed with trade by bata..... angry

Had tot u enjoy sitting at home doing Nada and have him work his a33 out while u go on shopping spree with money u know not whence it came. The next moment, they wano tie d guy down with court wedding tins, so as to have legit right over some vast wealth shld he get fed up n wano roll!

Had tot beeping his phone was ur thingy (never calling, stingy)
Had tot the best u cud ever get for a guy was a pair of second hand briefs for his bday(ONLY!)! embarassed

Had tot d only thing u guys got to offer was some punana ( yet they go complaining when he cheats, calling royal guys dogs). Yea sure, he might be so willing to spend on u d first few outings but after hitting it, if that is all u got, he's mos def gon bounce - the next meal awaits

No man is a fool. And we all get worked up when y'all go begging for stuffs when y'all can pull stuffs!

If u must fight for gender equality, then first fight off ur laziness , stinginess n herbalist attitudes( always collecting)

NT: this is by no means saying there ain't this very exceptional group out there(very rare breeds) that supports their men tru good advice n all otherwise
Gender equality my foot! Though I acknowlege the fact that women are very greedy and selfish creatures, no court as far as Nigeria is concerned divides property into two, the worst you can get is alimony. When I tell my friends that I want a lady that can pay my bills, both male and female mock me. But its shocking that women looked very threatened by my disposition, 20 times more than men.
Afterall, it actually seems that women are more threatened by the prospect of gender equality. We men will actually loose nothing more than pride, but these lazy women like enlightenedsoul, who worship chalvary, are gonna loose a lot. Maybe you actually don't know how relieving it is that as a woman, when you fail in your career, you can fall back on a man, who is willing to pick you up. sad
Re: Women; Becoming Assets Rather Than Liabilities by dokunbam(m): 10:29pm On Oct 28, 2014
Elusive9:
... And most men now begin to feel insecured the moment d woman is doing so well! Well, wass my own?undecided Alhaja's garri now sells for 2naira per cup, hurry while offer lasts wink

unsecured ke

i will feel proud

thats my baby wink

and am a lucky guy
Re: Women; Becoming Assets Rather Than Liabilities by UjSizzle(f): 10:29pm On Oct 28, 2014
kandiikane:

The bolded corresponds with what I wrote regarding the man relying on the woman to be taken cared of. It can be considered a liability too.
The double standards in this country is really overwhelming. People wanting one person to be everything without giving back in the same proportion.
If you talk they'll scream "women are helpers!!"
Begs the question, what kind of help was God referring to? Help in carrying out your duties, or help in keeping you sane while carrying out your duties? undecided

Methinks if a man can come home to peace and quiet after a hard day's job (even if his wife is a housewife), and omalicha food, he sure as hell has an asset in there. Are they selling peace of mind in ochanja market

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Women; Becoming Assets Rather Than Liabilities by avuekwe(f): 10:30pm On Oct 28, 2014
Ilovenigeria:
Women make your own money, add your boyfriend and maga own join. All na independent woman grin
kiss u garrit girl$ chop knuckle jare.
Re: Women; Becoming Assets Rather Than Liabilities by donephi(m): 10:30pm On Oct 28, 2014
missberrypop5:
Nelson grin grin mah add am mandela?
This face looks familiar like som1 in Uj. Are u damsel?
Re: Women; Becoming Assets Rather Than Liabilities by julietmatins: 10:30pm On Oct 28, 2014
WOS[WACO EXODUSCO STADIO] IN CONNECTIONS WITH MTN PROJECT FLAME [season 8]
PRESENT;16th audition of MTN PROJECT FLAME is out,for all the upcoming ARTIST,DANCERS AND COMEDIANS to show the world your talents and creativity,this program is heading-on 10/1/2015.many prices are going to be won such as
10 MILLION NAIRA CASH.
BROWN NEW TOYOTA CAR.
LAPTOP.
BACK BERRY.
IPAD PHONES.
LG FLAT SCREEN.ETC
this activities is taking place at the following places
NIGERIA
SOUTH AFRICA
ALL contestant are expected to get your FORMS form any part of the word,or visit[mtnprojectflame@gmail.co m]or call +234863140585 for more info;
Re: Women; Becoming Assets Rather Than Liabilities by UjSizzle(f): 10:31pm On Oct 28, 2014
SeverusSnape:
Nice one Op, women has many roles to play in this present day and age. Being assets rather than liabilities, Hopefully, my WIFE will be an asset, not just an asset; a fixed asset.
You better specify the kind of fixed asset she is, because most of them depreciate over time grin

2 Likes

Re: Women; Becoming Assets Rather Than Liabilities by Nobody: 10:32pm On Oct 28, 2014
Gerrard59:
^^^
Once again your hypocrisy shows in broad daylight.

The same men who today are praising and shouting yes, yes, will tomorrow refuse to adhere to the simple fact that women should be given their equal rights and opportunities.

"We want Assets and not liabilities"
And when the woman ask for her equal opportunities and rights, we will hear
"Men have the sole responsibility to provide and a man is the head of the family".

Is this not the same Nairaland that we read of how a man wants the wife to resign her job and career , because he wants her to take care of the children. As if taking care of kids is solely a responsibility of a woman.

Most Nigerian men are synonymous with hypocrisy.

Most Blackmen not just Nigerians
Re: Women; Becoming Assets Rather Than Liabilities by Misogynist2014(m): 10:33pm On Oct 28, 2014
tommiebuck:

sure u knw my age abi boss?? i am not being materialistic here. behind a successful man... we ll both be successful, but not ib hustling togeda, i knw what i am saying. i see u boss
I can list a million men who became successful without the help of a woman. Lets start from Alan Tunning- Father of computer. The infinite list has no end.
Re: Women; Becoming Assets Rather Than Liabilities by Misogynist2014(m): 10:36pm On Oct 28, 2014
UjSizzle:

The double standards in this country is really overwhelming. People wanting one person to be everything without giving back in the same proportion.
If you talk they'll scream "women are helpers!!"
Begs the question, what kind of help was God referring to? Help in carrying out your duties, or help in keeping you sane while carrying out your duties? undecided

Methinks if a man can come home to peace and quiet after a hard day's job (even if his wife is a housewife), and omalicha food, he sure as hell has an asset in there. Are they selling peace of mind in ochanja market
Ma'am, what actually are you driving at?
Re: Women; Becoming Assets Rather Than Liabilities by Etizz: 10:38pm On Oct 28, 2014
women nowadays don't wanna hear dis.......Nice post.

1 Like

Re: Women; Becoming Assets Rather Than Liabilities by Nobody: 10:38pm On Oct 28, 2014
Elusive9:

U wan joke with this abi?
Re: Women; Becoming Assets Rather Than Liabilities by UjSizzle(f): 10:39pm On Oct 28, 2014
Misogynist2014:
Ma'am, what actually are you driving at?
I'm saying this definition of an 'asset' doesn't make sense.
Yeah women should work blah blah, but if this is the deal breaker for men, then I'm really sorry for all of you in advance.

1 Like

Re: Women; Becoming Assets Rather Than Liabilities by yeshi(f): 10:40pm On Oct 28, 2014
HARDDON:
Never knew id live this long to read such words from a female....... cool

All along, had tot you guys were structured for collecting , fashioned for begging and accursed with trade by bata..... angry

Had tot u enjoy sitting at home doing Nada and have him work his a33 out while u go on shopping spree with money u know not whence it came. The next moment, they wano tie d guy down with court wedding tins, so as to have legit right over some vast wealth shld he get fed up n wano roll!

Had tot beeping his phone was ur thingy (never calling, stingy)
Had tot the best u cud ever get for a guy was a pair of second hand briefs for his bday(ONLY!)! embarassed

Had tot d only thing u guys got to offer was some punana ( yet they go complaining when he cheats, calling royal guys dogs). Yea sure, he might be so willing to spend on u d first few outings but after hitting it, if that is all u got, he's mos def gon bounce - the next meal awaits

No man is a fool. And we all get worked up when y'all go begging for stuffs when y'all can pull stuffs!

If u must fight for gender equality, then first fight off ur laziness , stinginess n herbalist attitudes( always collecting)

NT: this is by no means saying there ain't this very exceptional group out there(very rare breeds) that supports their men tru good advice n all otherwise
[color=#990000][/color]
Y. U com vex lik dis bro

1 Like

Re: Women; Becoming Assets Rather Than Liabilities by tommiebuck(f): 10:40pm On Oct 28, 2014
DailyNews:
Thanks bro...we may not know or agree it here, but I have taken time to research on some of the societal anomalies we are witnessing in Nigeria today; especially those concerning marriage and romance, and I can boldly tell you that Nollywood films caused our predicaments today!

Many girls replicate the lifestyles they watch in movies...knowingly or unknowingly to the detriment of their own future!

Watch this: any girl or lady that sits down all the time watching Nollywood, Bollywood and

Hollywood movies always have a very repelling personality and attitude! Observe it from today and see smiley

nice analysis and contributions daily news anf pcrguru... didnt get dat. i tell you not all ladiea follow what they see in movies.in hollywood high school movies, u notice d students go to work after school, y do you think ladies wont copy this? moviea or not men or women who choose to be lazy will be lazy. do u want to tell me there are no movies of career women. i even think it was then we see moviea where women are just housewives, today or lemme say the movies i see, i see women working.

1 Like

Re: Women; Becoming Assets Rather Than Liabilities by Ilovenigeria(f): 10:43pm On Oct 28, 2014
avuekwe:

kiss u garrit girl$ chop knuckle jare.
Na so! Why are you not contesting for Miss nairaland?
You fine jooor.
Re: Women; Becoming Assets Rather Than Liabilities by Mrfils(m): 10:45pm On Oct 28, 2014
All girls b forming home builder now on dis thread! Those wey go still twerk for Alhaji go still do, Op if u like cry river benue
Re: Women; Becoming Assets Rather Than Liabilities by tommiebuck(f): 10:46pm On Oct 28, 2014
Misogynist2014:
I can list a million men who became successful without the help of a woman. Lets start from Alan Tunning- Father of computer. The infinite list has no end.

lols,i do know there are successful men without the help of women and the vice versa. honestly speaking, it high time dudes understand there are women who can really do without them financially. i am a living withness anyways. dont say the way i think is weird ref to what you said the other time, just know i think and talk from experience, environment and situations.
Re: Women; Becoming Assets Rather Than Liabilities by avuekwe(f): 10:46pm On Oct 28, 2014
Ilovenigeria:

Na so! Why are you not contesting for Miss nairaland?
You fine jooor.

Thanks dear. I have never contested for such and I don't think I want to start now. Shey u get?

1 Like

Re: Women; Becoming Assets Rather Than Liabilities by Misogynist2014(m): 10:48pm On Oct 28, 2014
kandiikane:

I agree that every woman should endeavour to have their own money but to imply housewives are liabilities is far fetched because if we want to be technical, the man is also a liability to the woman because he also depends on her to take care of him. Liability doesn't just come from spending money but there are many other ways in which one can become a liability. If the husband was in a wheelchair right now and cannot work, if I was to go with what you wrote then he is going to become the liability because he won't be able to do jack shyt, the housewife is not just sitting at home doing nothing. I understand where you are coming from though just confused on which women you are talking about because it's an insult to housewives because they aren't, especially those who had no choice.

I have written several times that women should not live life just to become housewives but saying that has never been because I thought they were liabities, that has never crossed my mind because it's not true. The family rely on that woman.
I won't be economical with words for once. Being an housewife is not easy. I saw a woman today, she was sweating, with a baby on her back, she held her son at around 10'o clock, this boy should have been in school at 8. I'm sure that she was still going to work, cook at home and still satisfy her hubby.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Nigerian Lady & Spanish Fiance Take Pre-Wedding Pics To Streets With Eyo Dancers / My Experience With A Male Gold Digger / Should I Go On With The Marriage Preparation?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.