Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:07 AM

Women; Becoming Assets Rather Than Liabilities - Romance (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Women; Becoming Assets Rather Than Liabilities (45995 Views)

Are Women Becoming Sexually Boring ? / How Secure/happy Are Men When Their Women Are Assets Rather Than Liabilities.. / My Nigerian Friend Says That African Women In Europe Are Liabilities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Women; Becoming Assets Rather Than Liabilities by Nobody: 3:35am On Oct 29, 2014
Missy89:

SHUT UP

I'll smack that ar.se! grin tongue

Off topic: I just finished watching finding ya roots on PBS, and Nas is fvcking NIGERIAN!!!!! grin I went nuts - Anthony Davis blocking 9 shots instantly flew out of my head. Nasir Olu Dara Jones, the great great grandson of the slave Pocahontas is NIGERIAN!!! Nas is the greatest rapper ever, yo!!
Re: Women; Becoming Assets Rather Than Liabilities by Nobody: 3:43am On Oct 29, 2014
OP i just wrote this before seeing your post.
https://www.nairaland.com/1971580/7-reasons-why-should-stop#27539391

Like I said, we were in the spirit. This is God's message to his daughters today.
Re: Women; Becoming Assets Rather Than Liabilities by zboyd: 3:46am On Oct 29, 2014
Ilovenigeria:

Can I borrow him for some years?

lol

No way, Jose!

Some men, Nigerian or otherwise take their role as head of household VERY seriously.

Best to go with the flow - keeps down arguments.

One thing though - they don't tolerate ANY smidgen of disrespect.

If a woman thinks she's going to run them, she is sadly mistaken.

Give this type of man utmost respect and he will return the same.

To do otherwise, and you will find yourself kicked to the curb so quick, it will make your head spin!
Re: Women; Becoming Assets Rather Than Liabilities by Ilovenigeria(f): 3:49am On Oct 29, 2014
zboyd:

lol

No way, Jose!

Some men, Nigerian or otherwise take their role as head of household VERY seriously.

Best to go with the flow - keeps down arguments.

One thing though - they don't tolerate ANY smidgen of disrespect.

If a woman thinks she's going to run them, she is sadly mistaken.

Give this type of man utmost respect and they will return the same.

To do otherwise, and you will find yourself kicked to the curb so quick, it will make your head spin!

I'm glad it's working out for both of you. God bless your home.
Re: Women; Becoming Assets Rather Than Liabilities by Missy89(f): 3:50am On Oct 29, 2014
SirShymex:

I'll smack that ar.se! grin tongue

Off topic: I just finished watching finding ya roots on PBS, and Nas is fvcking NIGERIAN!!!!! grin I went nuts - Anthony Davis blocking 9 shots instantly flew out of my head. Nasir Olu Dara Jones, the great great grandson of the slave Pocahontas is NIGERIAN!!! Nas is the greatest rapper ever, yo!!

I just edited my post. i was driving when i posted those 2 words.

I see that you are very interested in African history. I dont like rap by the way
Re: Women; Becoming Assets Rather Than Liabilities by zboyd: 3:51am On Oct 29, 2014
Ilovenigeria:

I'm glad it's working out for both of you. God bless your home.

Thank you very much!

1 Like

Re: Women; Becoming Assets Rather Than Liabilities by Nobody: 4:05am On Oct 29, 2014
Missy89:

I just edited my post. i was driving when i posted those 2 words.

I see that you are very interested in African history. I dont like rap by the way

Ite. I'm the original black man, and the rose that grew from concrete - so what do you expect?

African history is very interesting...and since I got into it, in 2009 via my boy in Uni. It was the catalyst that moved me from the rowdy space I was in back then, to a different space that changed my mentality about what I needed to aspire to be. And like my source of inspiration. I absolutely love the great history and diversity of Africa and African people.

Anyway, hip hop is the greatest genre of music ever...get into it, or be lost forever. Rap music is spiritual! grin
Re: Women; Becoming Assets Rather Than Liabilities by Nobody: 4:27am On Oct 29, 2014
Missy89:

SHUT UP. Smh!

As usual, you are mixing up the point. Now i am beginning to wonder if you do this on purpose.
It is not about Painting Africa black. While there might be few exceptions, Africa is overwhelmingly a patriarchal society. You can name few tribes but that does not change the fact this this is true.

"When you say women tend to focus on marriage while guys face their career" That is not very factual. Like i pointed out, this is not entirely the fault of the woman. That is what the society expects of her. and i also pointed out that this mentality will change if we have an overwhelming reorientation and encourage and support women that have outstanding careers and support them. I will give you a quick example. Look at the RITA DOMINIC thread and see what most guys (and some girls) were saying there. They were more concerned that she is single and not married and totally ignored her relative success in her chosen career.

This is one of the reasons why most women are relaxed.

I already explained why women and men DO NOT have the same privileges already. this has nothing to do with the educational system but post education. If this isn't addressed, There will always be high proportion of women depending on their spouse instead of working and making a good career for themselves. It is clear that our society respects married women more than professional ones.

Now there is nothing wrong with a woman working and supporting her household as long as she can manage her time. My initial reaction was to the men "thanking" the OP for her post without looking at the fundamental problems that should be given serious consideration when it comes to this issue. Some of them were happy about the post not because they really want their spouse to compete or work just like they do and be an "asset". Most of them only acknowledged the post because they have "FAILED" to live up to their own expectations and their spouse is leaning on them. (my observation)

1) Nah, you painted it black by saying it's "patriarchal" like other continents aren't mostly patriarchal. There are more women in position of power in Nigeria right now, than the UK for example. And I think Africa has two female presidents compared to only Angela Merkel in Europe - so I don't understand the need to always stigmatise Africa. Why not just talk about what you perceived as the wrong towards women, rather than bringing Africa/black (or in most cases black men like you lot do) into it? It's condescending.

2) You can't always blame the society for your own flaws. As far as I'm concerned, males and females are raised the same way on equal footing. So you have no excuse whatsoever not to be out there competing with males. In the west for example: the society expects every black guy to be obnoxious and inarticulate. That's the strereotype. So, should we now start using that as an excuse to start fitting into that inane stereotype? I don't know who the hell "Rita Dominic" is, and I'm not in a position to answer that. However, always endeavour to make the best out of yourself, and whatever opportunity you have - and stop playing the blame game.

3) I'm lost here. Can you expatiate further on the privilege disparities in post education you're alluding to?

Women just need to start taking responsibilities for their inabilities to outsmart men. It's a woman's world like I always say. But you lot just don't understand the game, and the power you have. When you stop whinging, you will see the light. No one is holding you down. Get a career, and become an asset, not a liability.

3 Likes

Re: Women; Becoming Assets Rather Than Liabilities by Nobody: 4:41am On Oct 29, 2014
I agree, that's my take. Good relationships should be based on our ability to help each other out.
Re: Women; Becoming Assets Rather Than Liabilities by cupidhero(m): 4:51am On Oct 29, 2014
Gorgeous58:
Strive to be the kind of woman who, when your man hits rock bottom, when his business fails or he is retrenched from his job, can carry the family through. You must be able to provide what he otherwise would. This thing of women who sit doing nothing, and when a man goes through a difficult period, cannot come through for him, or at least even help him make a plan, is not on.
I support the whole women not being liability thingy but you must know that when a lady is realy successful b4 she gets married she ends up attracting broke niggas playing mr right just to have a bite of her ****** & her money.success is might be cool for a guy but to ladies it is just the right tool for the devil when he wants you to be filled with hate,disappointments and regret. but that shouldn't stop you from getting that green.
Re: Women; Becoming Assets Rather Than Liabilities by xtervaganza(m): 5:15am On Oct 29, 2014
Nice words from the op.

But sha, it's impossible for me to marry a sitting duck for a wife. My ma had been into business b4 I was born and she still has huge aspirations .

So what in hell will stop my wife from working?
Re: Women; Becoming Assets Rather Than Liabilities by hensben(m): 5:18am On Oct 29, 2014
Ilovenigeria:

Forget all the gra gra, until that time comes, you may never know a hard working wife. Some will be forming industrious because them still dey single once you marry them, them go just park bus.
well, there is truth in what u type sha but in most cases their husband ask them to for the sake of the kids.
Re: Women; Becoming Assets Rather Than Liabilities by kittykat1(f): 5:51am On Oct 29, 2014
vacant06:
ma'am if u are for real I pray u wil one day be president wife in nigeria

Why can't u pray for her to be d president? Must a man always define a woman?

1 Like

Re: Women; Becoming Assets Rather Than Liabilities by Nobody: 6:04am On Oct 29, 2014
Neldrizzy:
heyyssssss add Dangote grin grin Nelson Dangote
see another reason why your eyes big? grin good morning. I think say by now na memorial service we go deh do for this account. Wata guan? grin
Re: Women; Becoming Assets Rather Than Liabilities by Nobody: 6:07am On Oct 29, 2014
donephi:
This face looks familiar like som1 in Uj. Are u damsel?
eiyah. No.
Re: Women; Becoming Assets Rather Than Liabilities by Neldrizzy(m): 6:31am On Oct 29, 2014
missberrypop5:
see another reason why your eyes big? grin good morning. I think say by now na memorial service we go deh do for this account. Wata guan? grin
lolzz who tod u i av big eyes?
Re: Women; Becoming Assets Rather Than Liabilities by Misogynist2014(m): 6:47am On Oct 29, 2014
julisa2020:
you're very correct...@op...and even when a woman works hard to be successful,to her a rich guy is only a bonus..and not a ladder of upgrade...wink
What is d diff btw u and odas? You still want a rich guy, why not marry an average guy, so as to know u are serious with what you've written.
Re: Women; Becoming Assets Rather Than Liabilities by Hero10001: 6:49am On Oct 29, 2014
Becoming? That's great.
A handful of them knows nothing than to lay back and open their legs for rods.

1 Like

Re: Women; Becoming Assets Rather Than Liabilities by Misogynist2014(m): 6:51am On Oct 29, 2014
missberrypop5:
eiyah. No.
Remove the make up, the fancy hairdo(natural hair) and use a normal camera. Then I can know if you're truely beautiful. cheesy
Re: Women; Becoming Assets Rather Than Liabilities by Misogynist2014(m): 6:55am On Oct 29, 2014
kittykat1:

Why can't u pray for her to be d president? Must a man always define a woman?
President of which country? Even vp is a fantasy. cheesy
Re: Women; Becoming Assets Rather Than Liabilities by Misogynist2014(m): 7:02am On Oct 29, 2014
SirShymex:

1) Nah, you painted it black by saying it's "patriarchal" like other continents aren't mostly patriarchal. There are more women in position of power in Nigeria right now, than the UK for example. And I think Africa has two female presidents compared to only Angela Merkel in Europe - so I don't understand the need to always stigmatise Africa. Why not just talk about what you perceived as the wrong towards women, rather than bringing Africa/black (or in most cases black men like you lot do) into it? It's condescending.

2) You can't always blame the society for your own flaws. As far as I'm concerned, males and females are raised the same way on equal footing. So you have no excuse whatsoever not to be out there competing with males. In the west for example: the society expects every black guy to be obnoxious and inarticulate. That's the strereotype. So, should we now start using that as an excuse to start fitting into that inane stereotype? I don't know who the hell "Rita Dominic" is, and I'm not in a position to answer that. However, always endeavour to make the best out of yourself, and whatever opportunity you have - and stop playing the blame game.

3) I'm lost here. Can you expatiate further on the privilege disparities in post education you're alluding to?

Women just need to start taking responsibilities for their inabilities to outsmart men. It's a woman's world like I always say. But you lot just don't understand the game, and the power you have. When you stop whinging, you will see the light. No one is holding you down. Get a career, and become an asset, not a liability.
Nice one jare.

1 Like

Re: Women; Becoming Assets Rather Than Liabilities by Captain001(m): 7:03am On Oct 29, 2014
MissMeiya:
Insecure men can't handle a woman who outperforms him. So get ready to do a lot of ego-stroking.

Source: witnessed and experienced

Outperform him first and leave the rest to mother nature; provided you don't rub your success in his face.

1 Like

Re: Women; Becoming Assets Rather Than Liabilities by Nobody: 7:29am On Oct 29, 2014
Neldrizzy:
lolzz who tod u i av big eyes?
hehehehehe, i see am for dream grin
Re: Women; Becoming Assets Rather Than Liabilities by LadyH(f): 7:31am On Oct 29, 2014
kamez:
OP u re sleeping on mouka foam..

Women have already started hustling with their men.. Except the lazy few who will never change.

where have u been all this while? Anyway glad u re finally awake

Better late dan never
ignore d attention seeker. rubbish.
Re: Women; Becoming Assets Rather Than Liabilities by Nobody: 7:36am On Oct 29, 2014
Misogynist2014:
Remove the make up, the fancy hairdo(natural hair) and use a normal camera. Then I can know if you're truely beautiful. cheesy
lolx, how much make up did i apply? What is fancy on my hair? What do you mean by normal camera? Na Asha 201 i use take that pinsure o. Btw, i no deh do beauty contest, so why should i start convincing you if am pretty or beautiful? Hapu'm biko grin grin
Re: Women; Becoming Assets Rather Than Liabilities by Heart2heart(m): 7:40am On Oct 29, 2014
You re matured n experienced. Wisdomm u hv unleashed.
ekemini007:

Datin a woman wit a source of livelihood is equivalent to a woman datin a man becuse he hs a source of livelihood. This u knw is wt we men cl "greedy girls". Wt mks a "real woman" is situational n nt dispositional jst like wt mks a "real man"

Even witout livelihood, strive to find a woman wit "character" fr within dis is al d source of "livelihood" u nid.
Re: Women; Becoming Assets Rather Than Liabilities by Misogynist2014(m): 7:51am On Oct 29, 2014
Missy89:

You are actually making my point for me. Because of the type of society we live in. Women are politically weak and have very few leverages.

Things don't necessarily come to any group because they try. You need political will to get what you want especially in places like Nigeria where ideology doesn't matter and it is all about power politics.

If you think people get empowered because they work hard you are living in a fantasy world. Power dictates the haves and the have nots and in almost every society, the Men always have the advantage and in places like Nigeria that is even more conservative, Women have very few options and it is all about survival.

That doesn't mean there are no successful women but many factors have to be considered when you look at the way they get to the top (Family background, association, etc) But the disparity between both genders in African societies would remain if there are weak institutions protecting the rights of one of them and there is no re orientation

As I read you say,1) power dictates those that have 2) You cannot succeed by working hard 3) The orientation of women is poor 4) Women find it difficult to excel 5) The society should empower women, cos men are all empowered. 6) Women are made to think only about marriage.
Let me answer this six points:
1) You are right.
2) Nonsense, in fact, how can you gain power, when you lay idle.
3) Your story is like that of two people given 5 talents each with a clear instruction that they should trade with it. The first traded and got 5 more, the other didn't trade with his own, but decided to help the other cos he's her husband and that's what the society expects. When the merchant came back, he rebuked her for saying its the fault of society and said, I gave you five talents, I would have been happy if you made one more, but you decided to blame the society to justify your being idle. The merchant then collected his five talents and six from the husband and went away in fury.
4) That's a joke right? You mean success is easy to attain.
5) I can say it with confidence that society empowers more women than men. We are made to see women as fragile babies, who need care and attention.
6) I think procreation is our main objective and both men and women are pressured and even the pressure is more on men to invest their blood, in order to feed our grown up baby, who has refused to invest her talents.
Your write up is that of hypocrisy, you have refused to accept that struggle is ingrained in Male's DNA, that caring for children and husband is marternal instinct and we shouldn't be outrightly blaimed for your woes. Only if you can put your legs in our shoes, and feel what we males feel, only if you can. cry

1 Like

Re: Women; Becoming Assets Rather Than Liabilities by tommiebuck(f): 7:54am On Oct 29, 2014
Misogynist2014:
Here comes the long awaited woman! A woman that can spoil me with money- an independent woman. grin Pls, hook me up. PM me and let's talk wink

lols, u ll be fyn
Re: Women; Becoming Assets Rather Than Liabilities by Gorgeous58(f): 8:07am On Oct 29, 2014
ocheu:
fantastic, maybe she's looking for a husband and feels posting this will help trap one. I wonder if the women in the market, banks and other organizations are men or probably ghosts. Women are even competing with men this days even in businesses. Please do i have supporters here

I'm not looking for a husband. I just say the way things are!
Re: Women; Becoming Assets Rather Than Liabilities by Daresh(f): 8:08am On Oct 29, 2014
I don't know about you, but I have been hustling since. All my friends are hustlers. My own is, if he dies, how can I take care of my children myself? I use that mindset when hustling and in planning family size.

Gorgeous58:
Strive to be the kind of woman who, when your man hits rock bottom, when his business fails or he is retrenched from his job, can carry the family through. You must be able to provide what he otherwise would. This thing of women who sit doing nothing, and when a man goes through a difficult period, cannot come through for him, or at least even help him make a plan, is not on.

Let us start hustling with our men. We must stop being liabilities when we have what it takes to be assets.

Ladies, what's your take on this?

2 Likes

Re: Women; Becoming Assets Rather Than Liabilities by tenry(m): 8:30am On Oct 29, 2014
I posted on this forum fortnight ago during my wedding anniversary that no man should attempt to marry a lady who does nothing for a living. It is very dangerous and will not help the family to grow faster. When the man faces challenges at a point, his wife should be able t shoulder the family responsibilty pending the time things ll be stabilized for the man. I am talking from experience.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

"I Have Given Birth"- Lady Tells Man After Surprise Engagement Ring, His Reply / 10 Things Men Cant Do Without / Man Storms Church In Germany, Attacks Pastor For Sleeping With His Wife — Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.