Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,464 members, 7,808,645 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:50 PM

Women; Becoming Assets Rather Than Liabilities - Romance (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Women; Becoming Assets Rather Than Liabilities (46001 Views)

Are Women Becoming Sexually Boring ? / How Secure/happy Are Men When Their Women Are Assets Rather Than Liabilities.. / My Nigerian Friend Says That African Women In Europe Are Liabilities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Women; Becoming Assets Rather Than Liabilities by Mclick(m): 8:30am On Oct 29, 2014
Gorgeous58:
Strive to be the kind of woman who, when your man hits rock bottom, when his business fails or he is retrenched from his job, can carry the family through. You must be able to provide what he otherwise would. This thing of women who sit doing nothing, and when a man goes through a difficult period, cannot come through for him, or at least even help him make a plan, is not on.

Let us start hustling with our men. We must stop being liabilities when we have what it takes to be assets.

Ladies, what's your take on this?
I guess some if not most are looking for men who has made it and not the one they can make it together, some parent who too are also looking to hooking them girls to those that has made it, even those parent that has done little to bring up their wards. I was some where not too long n over heard guys you will less expect it from saying no more dependent women. You will be more attractive if you have something going too. Seriously some girls need to repent of their ways of thinking.
Re: Women; Becoming Assets Rather Than Liabilities by shileowo: 8:35am On Oct 29, 2014
Pls choose from .
A. A good wife
B. A working wife
C. A housewife
All the rest is history.
Re: Women; Becoming Assets Rather Than Liabilities by Dreyl(m): 8:37am On Oct 29, 2014
Gorgeous58:
Strive to be the kind of woman who, when your man hits rock bottom, when his business fails or he is retrenched from his job, can carry the family through. You must be able to provide what he otherwise would. This thing of women who sit doing nothing, and when a man goes through a difficult period, cannot come through for him, or at least even help him make a plan, is not on.

Let us start hustling with our men. We must stop being liabilities when we have what it takes to be assets.

are you a nigerian girl?if you are,your types are so rare.
Re: Women; Becoming Assets Rather Than Liabilities by LeoSanchez(m): 9:15am On Oct 29, 2014
Gorgeous58:

thank you for your idea and touts. Help motivate others.
If we have more of your kind even our economy will shoot up.
basically money for Brazilian Hair for 6 months from you husband pocket would be invested in a durable business and generate probably a stable source of income for your family.
Re: Women; Becoming Assets Rather Than Liabilities by Neldrizzy(m): 9:29am On Oct 29, 2014
missberrypop5:
hehehehehe, i see am for dream grin
so u are stil spying me abi? That ur spiritual miror go soon break....
Re: Women; Becoming Assets Rather Than Liabilities by STENON(f): 9:37am On Oct 29, 2014
I dnt pray and I'm not working towards becoming a Liability for any man, for myself and for my Society both now and in the future.

The man should even be the one to be working towards His Life now and in Future, so as not to be a Liability to Me, to Himself and His society.

*No time to check time again*

1 Like

Re: Women; Becoming Assets Rather Than Liabilities by Okeikpu(m): 9:42am On Oct 29, 2014
Gorgeous58:

Something keeps telling u re the one am waiting for........(。♥‿♥。)( ˘ ³˘)♥
Re: Women; Becoming Assets Rather Than Liabilities by Nobody: 9:47am On Oct 29, 2014
zboyd:

My take?

It depends on the family dynamics.

Some men, like my hubby and the men in my family never look toward their wives to financially support the family. The wives work if they want to - not because they have to. If hard times hit, then it's the husbands that do the hustling - not the wives. Looking toward their wives' purses is an insult and conveys the message that they, the husbands, can't support the family. This is why my hubby fit in so well into my family, even though he's Nigerian. He took his responsibility as a husband and father VERY seriously.

Our biggest fight came about when his entire department was eliminated, due to budget cuts. I wanted to help out the household financially. So I suggested he file for unemployment benefits, until he found another job and I would take up the slack. What was I thinking?!

That man BLEW UP!!! He accused me of not having any faith in him, asked me if I thought him a small boy in need of pampering, propping up and rescuing and told me that if I wanted a sorry azz nig-ger who couldn't take care of his own family, then go and find one. He was sooo pizzed off, he started ranting and raving in his language, which I couldn't even understand.

WHOA NELLY!!!

To say I was shocked by his reaction is an understatement. I thought it best to take the kids to my parents, so he could cool down. I never thought that such a gentle, loving man could go off like that! When I talked to my Dad about it, surprisingly, he sided with my hubby. Dad said that I had seriously wounded his pride and to never, ever tread on his territory again, as head of household, stay in my place as wife and mother and go back home.

Okay...so I did.

Hubby sulked for a couple of days but he came around.

But I admit, I should have known better, growing up around the men I did.

It took him almost 8 months to land a new position but that man hustled his azz off to bring money into the house, without complaint and, I kept my mouth shut.

Result: PEACE!!!

Your husband is a Real outstanding man. May i? kiss kiss

2 Likes

Re: Women; Becoming Assets Rather Than Liabilities by zboyd: 10:02am On Oct 29, 2014
[quote author=andromida post=27545910][/quote]

Yes he is...but a bit stubborn at times.

I'm not all that comfortable with his 'my family - my responsibility' stance but why rock the boat?

So I save and invest most of my income and spend the rest on me and the kids' little whatnots and entertainment.

And he's comfortable with that.
Re: Women; Becoming Assets Rather Than Liabilities by egopersonified(f): 10:07am On Oct 29, 2014
Op, on a lighter note, how many pms have you received? I am just curious oh.
Re: Women; Becoming Assets Rather Than Liabilities by Nobody: 10:11am On Oct 29, 2014
zboyd:

Yes he is...but a bit stubborn at times.

I'm not all that comfortable with his 'my family - my responsibility' stance but why rock the boat?

So I save and invest most of my income and spend the rest on me and the kids' little whatnots and entertainment.

And he's comfortable with that.

I guess a man like your hubby would have to be stubborn sometimes to be who he is and its all cool since he is such a great man.

I understand you not being comfortable with his 'my family-my responsibility stance' but yeah why rock this boat it seems to be sailing just fine. smiley
Re: Women; Becoming Assets Rather Than Liabilities by blessida: 10:12am On Oct 29, 2014
you married a good husband.
zboyd:

My take?

It depends on the family dynamics.

Some men, like my hubby and the men in my family never look toward their wives to financially support the family. The wives work if they want to - not because they have to. If hard times hit, then it's the husbands that do the hustling - not the wives. Looking toward their wives' purses is an insult and conveys the message that they, the husbands, can't support the family. This is why my hubby fit in so well into my family, even though he's Nigerian. He took his responsibility as a husband and father VERY seriously.

Our biggest fight came about when his entire department was eliminated, due to budget cuts. I wanted to help out the household financially. So I suggested he file for unemployment benefits, until he found another job and I would take up the slack. What was I thinking?!

That man BLEW UP!!! He accused me of not having any faith in him, asked me if I thought him a small boy in need of pampering, propping up and rescuing and told me that if I wanted a sorry azz nig-ger who couldn't take care of his own family, then go and find one. He was sooo pizzed off, he started ranting and raving in his language, which I couldn't even understand.

WHOA NELLY!!!

To say I was shocked by his reaction is an understatement. I thought it best to take the kids to my parents, so he could cool down. I never thought that such a gentle, loving man could go off like that! When I talked to my Dad about it, surprisingly, he sided with my hubby. Dad said that I had seriously wounded his pride and to never, ever tread on his territory again, as head of household, stay in my place as wife and mother and go back home.

Okay...so I did.

Hubby sulked for a couple of days but he came around.

But I admit, I should have known better, growing up around the men I did.

It took him almost 8 months to land a new position but that man hustled his azz off to bring money into the house, without complaint and, I kept my mouth shut.

Result: PEACE!!!

Re: Women; Becoming Assets Rather Than Liabilities by CHoccolaTE: 10:24am On Oct 29, 2014
egopersonified:
Thank you jare. That was the first thing I thought when I read OP's post. Either this is a jobless and poor dude looking for a gf to support him or its some lonely woman desperately seeking male attention. His/her points had no depth, no meaningful intellectual analysis, nothing in short. Just shallow aspersions.

@zboyd: Men like your hubby are just a delight. I am not even the type that wants to depend on a man but I can appreciate guys that are capable of taking care of themselves and don't need a woman's help.
So many lazy and pussified slobs these days. You want to lead me and at the same time you want me to take care of you and your house with my money.
Pure crap.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Women; Becoming Assets Rather Than Liabilities by zboyd: 10:38am On Oct 29, 2014
andromida:

I guess a man like your hubby would have to be stubborn sometimes to be who he is and its all cool since he is such a great man.

I understand you not being comfortable with his 'my family-my responsibility stance' but yeah why rock this boat it seems to be sailing just fine. smiley

lol...That stubborn streak can be a bit annoying at times. He will not budge in this area. So it's best to leave it alone.
Re: Women; Becoming Assets Rather Than Liabilities by zboyd: 11:09am On Oct 29, 2014
CHoccolaTE:

Thank you jare. That was the first thing I thought when I read OP's post. Either this is a jobless and poor dude looking for a gf to support him or its some lonely woman desperately seeking male attention. His/her points had no depth, no meaningful intellectual analysis, nothing in short. Just shallow aspersions.

@zboyd: Men like your hubby are just a delight. I am not even the type that wants to depend on a man but I can appreciate guys that are capable of taking care of themselves and don't need a woman's help.
So many lazy and pussified slobs these days. You want to lead me and at the same time you want me to take care of you and your house with my money.
Pure crap.

I hear you.

I make my own money and save and invest most of it and my hubby is fine with that.

I detest a man who will lay up on a woman and expect her to take care of him. And I definitely detest women who allow men to lay up on them, especially, if she has kids. It's not uncommon, over here in the States. It's even worse, if the woman is getting government benefits.

Why are grown women, supporting sorry azz men who are more than capable of working? And some useless Naija men are copying this mess and are now calling themselves 'house husbands' yet aren't keeping house at all. I never thought I'd see the day.

Isn't it enough that we have a bunch of American men doing this? Why add to the problem? If more women put their foot down and stop acting like they're so desperate for joysticks, mess like this wouldn't be happening. You know how tired I am of hearing: "Girl, the s-x is out of this world!"? So to keep enjoying that joystick, these women allow these lazy, non-working fools to lay up in their houses, entertaining themselves while they work their azzes off! Is s-x going to pay the rent, the mortgage, the utility bills or put food on the table? Hell no!

Lawd! There are some silly azz women over here!

They act like they are so desperate for a man and his joystick, they'll put up with anything.

It's ridiculous!

As for the men doing this - SHAME ON YOU! How can you fix your mouth and call yourselves men?!

You are definitely LIABILITIES!

4 Likes

Re: Women; Becoming Assets Rather Than Liabilities by jamesbridget13(f): 11:33am On Oct 29, 2014
seconded.
Re: Women; Becoming Assets Rather Than Liabilities by Gorgeous58(f): 11:34am On Oct 29, 2014
egopersonified:

Over 20 and counting... It's fun though!
Re: Women; Becoming Assets Rather Than Liabilities by Rachelwest(f): 11:35am On Oct 29, 2014
My dear, ur right, we need to help our diff bfs and not milking them
Re: Women; Becoming Assets Rather Than Liabilities by Nobody: 11:39am On Oct 29, 2014
Neldrizzy:
so u are stil spying me abi? That ur spiritual miror go soon break....
Amin tongue. If 'e break i go use super glue mend am tongue
Re: Women; Becoming Assets Rather Than Liabilities by Gorgeous58(f): 11:40am On Oct 29, 2014
CHoccolaTE:

Pure crap.

Easy tiger! That's just my opinion in my post. Attack the post not my person. By the way, I'm not looking for a man cos I've got my own... Cheers!
Re: Women; Becoming Assets Rather Than Liabilities by egopersonified(f): 11:44am On Oct 29, 2014
Gorgeous58:

Over 20 and counting... It's fun though!

Kai, I trust my guys, but some might be serious. How you determine that is a story only the gods can answer.
Re: Women; Becoming Assets Rather Than Liabilities by Neldrizzy(m): 11:44am On Oct 29, 2014
missberrypop5:
Amin tongue. If 'e break i go use super glue mend am tongue
werey girl
Re: Women; Becoming Assets Rather Than Liabilities by CHoccolaTE: 11:44am On Oct 29, 2014
Gorgeous58:

Easy tiger! That's just my opinion in my post. Attack the post not my person. By the way, I'm not looking for a man cos I've got my own... Cheers!
Na your mama and papa be tiger, no be me.
Shameless jobless man.

@zboyd, excellent post grin
Re: Women; Becoming Assets Rather Than Liabilities by ocheu(f): 11:59am On Oct 29, 2014
CHoccolaTE:

Pure crap.
am sure she is just waking up
Re: Women; Becoming Assets Rather Than Liabilities by Nobody: 12:37pm On Oct 29, 2014
CHoccolaTE:

Shameless jobless man.

In ur American mind, the Op is a man and jobless? You think no sensible woman will free up her man esp when her demands are outrageous. You wonder why there are more widows than widowers. Oh smoking and drinking kill the husbands.

1 Like

Re: Women; Becoming Assets Rather Than Liabilities by Gorgeous58(f): 12:50pm On Oct 29, 2014
CHoccolaTE:

Shameless jobless man.

Wow! The term 'Tiger' as used in the post is not anyway derogatory. I don't know what to say other that what you speak reflects who you are! By the way I aint a dude!
Re: Women; Becoming Assets Rather Than Liabilities by Nobody: 12:56pm On Oct 29, 2014
MissMeiya:
Insecure men can't handle a woman who outperforms him. So get ready to do a lot of ego-stroking.

Source: witnessed and experienced

Share?

From my experience, I've noticed that they tend to take things very generally. For example, a comment like "...that's irresponsible" in reference to something very specific is perceived as an attack on their general responsibility as a person. "...that's irresponsible" is suddenly being countered with "How am I not responsible? Don't/Aren't I..." (ego). Whereas if I said the same thing to a girlfriend, she would not only intuitively note the tone of the remark, but respond (in whichever fashion she choose) within the context the remark was made.

That most men prefer/like blunt (not rude, mind you) speech is a lie from the seven pits of hell.
Re: Women; Becoming Assets Rather Than Liabilities by Nobody: 1:03pm On Oct 29, 2014
I wish i could say this into my Dad's head,my Dad don't let me work,i'm starting school(uni) next year,i got a job dat would at least gave me money to pay my fees while in school,but my dad said i shouldn't work,dat i should stay at home,february2015 i will be in school,and guess wot?,i gonna drain all the money frm his pocket
Re: Women; Becoming Assets Rather Than Liabilities by tpraiz(m): 1:34pm On Oct 29, 2014
Ladies pls Get dis messg correctly::::::::::especially Tomboys don't ova do it. Oo
Re: Women; Becoming Assets Rather Than Liabilities by blessida: 1:42pm On Oct 29, 2014
As much as I like been financially independent, I would also like my hubby to take his position as the head of the family in cash and kind especially
when he is financially buoyant. And we ladies could always offer support when we know and really know that he is working hard enough but can't meet all the needs in the home.After all thats why we were called helpmeet. We can always chip in.

Do you want a powder that suits your skin type to give you that natural and babyface look you desire without living a mess and at low cost?
Are you deliberating on what powder to use for that Bridal make-up to give a flawless finish?
Is your powder aging or breaking you out giving less value than you bargain for?
Do you want to look great for that Special occassion?
To get the best oil control Powder made in USA contact me on 08114609000/You will be glad you did.. we have no dissatisfied client at all.
Re: Women; Becoming Assets Rather Than Liabilities by CHoccolaTE: 1:50pm On Oct 29, 2014
Gorgeous58:

Wow! The term 'Tiger' as used in the post is not anyway derogatory. I don't know what to say other that what you speak reflects who you are! By the way I aint a dude!
Offspring of Mr Tiger and Mrs Tigress, I hope your homosexual äss is enjoying the attention your PM senders are bombarding you with.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

10 Things Men Cant Do Without / Man Storms Church In Germany, Attacks Pastor For Sleeping With His Wife — Video / 8 Ways Responsible Ladies Advertise Themselves To Men

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.