Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,499 members, 7,808,848 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:51 PM

NASA Confirms Earth Will Experience 6 Days Of Total Darkness In December 2014! - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / NASA Confirms Earth Will Experience 6 Days Of Total Darkness In December 2014! (16326 Views)

NASA Confirms Evidence That Liquid Water Flows On Today’s Mars / NASA Confirms The Discovery Of Another Earth - Photo / NASA Confirms Earth Will Experience 6 Days Of Total Darkness In December 2014! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

NASA Confirms Earth Will Experience 6 Days Of Total Darkness In December 2014! by StevinMorgan(m): 9:35pm On Oct 27, 2014
I don't really kwn where to post dis news but its important for u to see this. But reports are still saying its fake news but no matter how it is just be aware.

WORLDWIDE - NASA has confirmed that the Earth will experience 6 days of almost complete darkness and will happen from the dates Tuesday the 16 – Monday the 22 in December.

The world will remain, during these three days, without sunlight due to a solar storm, which will cause dust and space debris to become plentiful and thus, block 90% sunlight.

This is the head of NASA Charles Bolden who made the announcement and asked everyone to remain calm. This will be the product of a solar storm, the largest in the last 250 years for a period of 216 hours total.

Reporters interviewed a few people to hear what they had to say about the situation with Michael Hearns responding “We gonna be purgin my n*gga, six days of darkness means six days of turnin up fam”.

Despite the six days of darkness soon to come, officials say that the earth will not experience any major problems, since six days of darkness is nowhere near enough to cause major damage to anything. “We will solely rely on artificial links..

2nd story told

But recent report citing NASA claimed that there will be six days of total darkness in December. The report, however, turned out to be a hoax.

A hoax report has gone viral claiming that in December Earth will experience total darkness for six days.(Representation Pic)Reuters

The story titled " Nasa Confirms Earth Will Experience 6 Days of Total Darkness in December 2014!" originated on satirical news website Huzlers.com, which in the past has published several fake stories such as 'Dead Ebola victims coming back to life' and 'American rapper Tupac Shakur is alive'.

The fake report that was shared by many on Facebook and Twitter stated: "NASA has confirmed that the Earth will experience 6 days of almost complete darkness and will happen from the dates Tuesday, the 16 – Monday, the 22 in December."

NASA confirmed 3 days of total darkness this year due to solar storm
pic.twitter.com/PSvbTV6OVQ
— • Rex • (@Rscoxx) October 27, 2014

A Huffington Postreport, calling the story "the latest major hoax", noted that this rather "bold -- and entirely fake" story was able to fool many as it listed Charles Bolden, NASA administrator as the source of the claim. But that is exactly what Huzlers does, as per its own admission on its homepage, it say that it uses "a combination of real shocking news and satirical entertainment to keep its visitors in a state of shock."

The hoax Huzlers report claimed that the six-day blackout would be "due to a solar storm, which will cause dust and space debris to become plentiful and thus, block 90% sunlight."

6 days of darkness in December pic.twitter.com/fQLYkVXRcT— nicole kidman (@niicolekidman) October 27, 2014

A similar days of darkness hoax had targetted NASA back in 2012. A Snopes reportbusting the hoax noted 'the universe is not about to realign in December 2014, nor will there be a multi-day blackout. "Neither NASA, nor any other credible scientific entity has made such a pronouncement, ever," stated.

The report noted that the days of darkness hoax originated in 2012, when interest in the belief that the world would come to end as per the Mayan calendar was at its peak. The same hoax simply been rehashed and circulated in 2014, replacing the original references to 2012, it noted.

The story, however, went viral after panicky citizens took to Twitter to voice their concerns about the worldwide blackout.

Twitter Reactions:

@etonggg said: "Six days of total darkness? If that turns out to be true, let's take advantage and create a light festival of some sort!"

Inua Ellams ‏@InuaEllams posted: "So, this six days of darkness thing. Is it legit, and does it also mean temperatures will drop rapidly?"

Boris_Dr ‏@BORIS_DFB said: "Has anyone heard about NASA confirming that there will be six days of total darkness in December 2014 ?"

weda its fake or not pls lets be aware. Thank u.

2 Shares

Re: NASA Confirms Earth Will Experience 6 Days Of Total Darkness In December 2014! by debo07(m): 9:37pm On Oct 27, 2014
Well it won't be new to us here in Nigeria.we have being in black out all our lives.The only thing is just that it would be darker this time around.

16 Likes

Re: NASA Confirms Earth Will Experience 6 Days Of Total Darkness In December 2014! by Leopantro: 9:38pm On Oct 27, 2014

1 Like

Re: NASA Confirms Earth Will Experience 6 Days Of Total Darkness In December 2014! by noblealuu: 9:41pm On Oct 27, 2014
Re: NASA Confirms Earth Will Experience 6 Days Of Total Darkness In December 2014! by Nobody: 9:41pm On Oct 27, 2014
BULLSHIT
Re: NASA Confirms Earth Will Experience 6 Days Of Total Darkness In December 2014! by menix(m): 9:45pm On Oct 27, 2014
Re: NASA Confirms Earth Will Experience 6 Days Of Total Darkness In December 2014! by tplustee(m): 10:04pm On Oct 27, 2014
What if Nepa decide say dem go gv us lite n all of us decide to put our lite bulbs on, e go still dark for here? I jst dey wonder o. Btw, am used to darkness in Naija. GEJ till God kws wen

3 Likes

Re: NASA Confirms Earth Will Experience 6 Days Of Total Darkness In December 2014! by chefdoeuvre: 10:13pm On Oct 27, 2014
Issorai undecided

FIND OUT WHO TRULY
IS YOUR IDOL.. DON'T
SCROLL DOWN YET, DO
THE SIMPLE MATHS
BELOW, THEN SCROLL
DOWN TO FIND YOUR
HERO. It's CRAZY how
accurate this is! No
peeking!
1) Pick your favourite
number between 1-9
2) Multiply by 3 then
3) Add 3
4) Then again Multiply
by 3 (I'll wait. while you
get the calculator....)
5) You'll get a 2 or 3
digit number....
6) Add the digits
together
Now Scroll down .............
With that number, see
who your IDOL is from
the list below:
1. Cristiano Ronaldo
2. Oprah Winfrey
3. Lionel Messi
4. Bishop Oyedepo
5. Bill Gates
6. TD Jakes
7. Ronald Reagan
8. President Obama.
9. Chefdoeuvre
10. Whitney Houston
11. Nelson Mandela
12. Micheal jackson
13. GEJ
I know, I know!!!!.... I
just have that effect
on people.
Stop picking
different numbers!! I
AM YOUR Favorite,
JUST ACCEPT IT!!! :p

1 Like

Re: NASA Confirms Earth Will Experience 6 Days Of Total Darkness In December 2014! by psucc(m): 10:18pm On Oct 27, 2014
no be me dem go fool. Na serious harmattan dem take call darkness. This oyinbo people sef.

Firewood and hot water go clear sky for me oooo!

1 Like

Re: NASA Confirms Earth Will Experience 6 Days Of Total Darkness In December 2014! by brennyB: 11:04pm On Oct 27, 2014
OK,I don hear
Re: NASA Confirms Earth Will Experience 6 Days Of Total Darkness In December 2014! by mirakecrea8(m): 11:13pm On Oct 27, 2014
you guys have come again.....before it was acid rain, now na 6 days darkness....smh
Re: NASA Confirms Earth Will Experience 6 Days Of Total Darkness In December 2014! by kommiejewel(f): 11:16pm On Oct 27, 2014
Hogwash
Re: NASA Confirms Earth Will Experience 6 Days Of Total Darkness In December 2014! by Rikidony(m): 11:23pm On Oct 27, 2014
THIS HUZLERS.COM ARE FNN (FAKE NAIJA NEWS) WANNA BE angry angry
Re: NASA Confirms Earth Will Experience 6 Days Of Total Darkness In December 2014! by Ichel: 11:23pm On Oct 27, 2014
debo07:
Well it won't be new to us here in Nigeria.we have being in black out all our lives.The only thing is just that it would be darker this time around.
What else can I say
Re: NASA Confirms Earth Will Experience 6 Days Of Total Darkness In December 2014! by donstevico(m): 12:09am On Oct 28, 2014
hmmm....why not say that the earth will pause on December??
Re: NASA Confirms Earth Will Experience 6 Days Of Total Darkness In December 2014! by missdebs(f): 12:41am On Oct 28, 2014
na to get full tank for gen sure pass
Re: NASA Confirms Earth Will Experience 6 Days Of Total Darkness In December 2014! by joyli: 1:36am On Oct 28, 2014
debo07:

cheesy cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin
Re: NASA Confirms Earth Will Experience 6 Days Of Total Darkness In December 2014! by fr3do(m): 2:38am On Oct 28, 2014
Lie!
A solar storm is when the sun churns out too much radiation not when that radiation is blocked.
Re: NASA Confirms Earth Will Experience 6 Days Of Total Darkness In December 2014! by AbuMikey(m): 4:21am On Oct 28, 2014
So, its been confirmed to be Hogwash, Next thread please. cheesy
Re: NASA Confirms Earth Will Experience 6 Days Of Total Darkness In December 2014! by duni04(m): 6:22am On Oct 28, 2014
The fact that people actually believed before it was confirmed as a hoax means we have a lot of "smart" people out there.
Re: NASA Confirms Earth Will Experience 6 Days Of Total Darkness In December 2014! by Nobody: 6:30am On Oct 28, 2014
Na dem sabi jare *continues dancing*

Re: NASA Confirms Earth Will Experience 6 Days Of Total Darkness In December 2014! by JbravoAdodger(m): 6:34am On Oct 28, 2014
kommiejewel:
Hogwash

What does harry potter's school have to do with this? undecided
Re: NASA Confirms Earth Will Experience 6 Days Of Total Darkness In December 2014! by StealthyMe(m): 6:36am On Oct 28, 2014
Na lie joor...

Except God have vex with the world and wants to visit one of the Egyptian plagues upon us undecided sad
Re: NASA Confirms Earth Will Experience 6 Days Of Total Darkness In December 2014! by Exjoker(m): 6:39am On Oct 28, 2014
What is NEPA doing about this news
Re: NASA Confirms Earth Will Experience 6 Days Of Total Darkness In December 2014! by Nobody: 6:51am On Oct 28, 2014
News\story strictly for d gods
Re: NASA Confirms Earth Will Experience 6 Days Of Total Darkness In December 2014! by Nobody: 6:52am On Oct 28, 2014
News\story strictly for d gods.
i no go comment lets hear what d gods have to say abt d op first
Re: NASA Confirms Earth Will Experience 6 Days Of Total Darkness In December 2014! by Kx: 6:54am On Oct 28, 2014
I know somebody will soon ask.

Will FG declare public holidays to mark the occurence??
Re: NASA Confirms Earth Will Experience 6 Days Of Total Darkness In December 2014! by Nobody: 7:34am On Oct 28, 2014
We are used to it in Nigeria.

Nothing new

1 Like

Re: NASA Confirms Earth Will Experience 6 Days Of Total Darkness In December 2014! by major466(m): 7:50am On Oct 28, 2014
I believe this report is a hoax. Our solar system is always in a state of motion. Six days of total darkness goes against the laws of physics.
Re: NASA Confirms Earth Will Experience 6 Days Of Total Darkness In December 2014! by egopersonified(f): 8:47am On Oct 28, 2014
Kx:
I know somebody will soon ask.

Will FG declare public holidays to mark the occurence??

Do you read minds, I was just going to ask this, so I can enjoy the blacklisted days, see groove.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Review On LG Inverter Air Conditioner (gencool) / Benefits Of Using Youtube Marketing / How To Subscribe Startimes And GOTV With Only ₦200 For All Channels

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.