Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,746 members, 7,806,042 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:36 AM

Tambuwal decamps to APC today - Read! - Cramjones - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tambuwal decamps to APC today - Read! - Cramjones (16935 Views)

Jim Nwobodo Marries Patricia After Dumping PDP For APC Today(pic / Alli Olanusi, Ondo Deputy Governor Decamps To APC / PDP May Lose Nyako To APC Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tambuwal decamps to APC today - Read! - Cramjones by Nobody: 4:58am On Oct 28, 2014
Tambuwal decamps to APC today, to contest Sokoto governorship - See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/10/tambuwal-decamps-apc-today-contest-sokoto-governorship/#sthash.mO6GlVGJ.Xve0OVNK.dpuf

Citing the division of the Sokoto State chapter of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Speaker of the House of Representatives, Aminu Tambuwal is expected this morning to decamp to the All Progressives Congress, APC. It would be the first time since the advent of the Fourth Republic in 1999 that any of the two presiding officers of the National Assembly would belong to another party apart from the PDP.
Today’s decamping will provide him the necessary party qualification to vie for the governorship ticket on the platform of the APC, which itself, is to amend its constitution tomorrow to allow Tambuwal and other last minute decampees from the PDP to vie for elective offices on the party’s platform.

Besides adopting a manifesto, the APC convention would scrap the provision in its constitution stipulating a 30-day membership duration for anyone seeking to use the party’s platform to campaign for public office.
Tambuwal, who is expected to make his first public appearance at an APC gathering at tomorrow’s national convention, would remain in office till next June.
Associates of the speaker, who disclosed the plan ahead of today’s sitting of the House of Representatives affirmed that the speaker’s announcement would not in any way affect his continued stay as speaker or a member of the House.
“He is going to announce it in plenary and he will not resign as speaker and he will not resign as member,” a close associate of the speaker privy to the development confided in Vanguard last night.
Justifying the decision of the speaker to decamp, a reliable source in the know of the plans said on the basis of confidentiality: “Every politics is local and the direction of Sokoto is towards the APC and because he is representing some people in Abuja, he has to move along with the dictates of the people and it cannot be said that the people in his constituency are in a particular party and he is in another party.”
Giving the constitutional justification, he said: “The justification is that there is a faction in Sokoto PDP and if there is no faction, Anenih would not have led a reconciliation meeting to Sokoto last week and secondly, Wamakko would not have decamped if it was a party that is in peace,” he added.
Tambuwal’s decampment to the APC is to pave way for his bid for the Sokoto State governorship. The speaker had earlier been speculated to be in the race for the 2015 presidential race but was prevailed upon to change direction towards the governorship in Sokoto, given the circumstances that were made to favour him.
Tambuwal had last week been reported to have attended a meeting of the APC in Sokoto State. That meeting, which was convened by Governor Aliyu Wamakko, was among others, held to set a direction on the succession to the outgoing governor.
The meeting, it was learnt, resolved to zone the governorship to Sokoto South, which is Tambuwal’s constituency.
“Apart from zoning it to Tambuwal’s senatorial constituency, they also agreed that the right person to succeed Wamakko should be someone known locally, nationally and internationally and that the person must have a pedigree in terms of performance, all of which were meant to favour Tambuwal,” a source privy to the development said.
Contacted on the development yesterday, Tambuwal’s spokesman, Mallam Imam Imam said Tambuwal would soon make known the outcome of his consultations on his political future.
“I wish to say that on every issue, Nigerians know where Tambuwal stands. On every issue, politics, policy Nigerians know Tambuwal, he is not a man who hides his feelings on anything,” Imam said.
“The issue of defection or no defection or his political future is not something that is different. He has said it severally that he is consulting, however, what I have to concede to you is the fact that the outcome of the consultations will be made public sooner rather than later,” Imam said last night.

- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/10/tambuwal-decamps-apc-today-contest-sokoto-governorship/#sthash.mO6GlVGJ.Xve0OVNK.dpuf

Welcome home son!

-CramJones

11 Likes

Re: Tambuwal decamps to APC today - Read! - Cramjones by Nobody: 5:00am On Oct 28, 2014
hey it's okayyy, no need to hyperventilate about it. I will even call it a stale news sef

8 Likes

Re: Tambuwal decamps to APC today - Read! - Cramjones by Nobody: 5:05am On Oct 28, 2014
Afar Diluminati grin
Re: Tambuwal decamps to APC today - Read! - Cramjones by justi4jesu(f): 5:05am On Oct 28, 2014
Okay noted
Re: Tambuwal decamps to APC today - Read! - Cramjones by soldierdollar(m): 5:06am On Oct 28, 2014
Governorship positions are becoming hotter everyday . ministers are resigning ,speakers are decamping just to test that power . I prefer serving and serving well in any ppolitical position , making a good name , taking a deep breath before I vie for another position.

http://naijasuya..com

2 Likes

Re: Tambuwal decamps to APC today - Read! - Cramjones by klem93(m): 5:06am On Oct 28, 2014
Political strategy
Re: Tambuwal decamps to APC today - Read! - Cramjones by fitzmayowa: 5:06am On Oct 28, 2014
Since the constitution allows freedom of association...This shouldn't be news...If he decamp to APC, then I will wish him Goodluck...In his political ambition in APC!!!
Re: Tambuwal decamps to APC today - Read! - Cramjones by Rapsainot(m): 5:06am On Oct 28, 2014
"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tambuwal decamps to APC today - Read! - Cramjones by DaVinChiSam(m): 5:07am On Oct 28, 2014
Naija Politifchans changing parties like I change my panties since 1960

3 Likes

Re: Tambuwal decamps to APC today - Read! - Cramjones by bunmioguns(m): 5:07am On Oct 28, 2014
2015 Election

The more you look

The less you see

2 Likes

Re: Tambuwal decamps to APC today - Read! - Cramjones by Captain47(m): 5:07am On Oct 28, 2014
Lolz...2015 Calculator

1 Like

Re: Tambuwal decamps to APC today - Read! - Cramjones by pastoraaaaaa: 5:08am On Oct 28, 2014

Re: Tambuwal decamps to APC today - Read! - Cramjones by ilotriouzAY(m): 5:09am On Oct 28, 2014
Welcome home,mr tambuwal

I love dis man nd what he has done in d house of rep

Tambuwal for sokoto state govnor2015

6 Likes

Re: Tambuwal decamps to APC today - Read! - Cramjones by AJOT99(m): 5:09am On Oct 28, 2014
Re: Tambuwal decamps to APC today - Read! - Cramjones by YungwizzzyPt7: 5:11am On Oct 28, 2014
APC is more like an slamic party

4 Likes

Re: Tambuwal decamps to APC today - Read! - Cramjones by LEERICIST(m): 5:11am On Oct 28, 2014
Who is Tambuwal?

7 Likes

Re: Tambuwal decamps to APC today - Read! - Cramjones by Asek1(m): 5:11am On Oct 28, 2014
Happy defection
Re: Tambuwal decamps to APC today - Read! - Cramjones by Odisco2(m): 5:11am On Oct 28, 2014
Power corrupt and absolute power corrupt absolutely

1 Like

Re: Tambuwal decamps to APC today - Read! - Cramjones by fitzmayowa: 5:12am On Oct 28, 2014
DaVinChiSam:
Naija Politifchans changing parties like I change my panties since 1960

Naija polithiefcian and prostitution...Our politicians prostitute pass those wey dey brothel/motel sef

5 Likes

Re: Tambuwal decamps to APC today - Read! - Cramjones by agabusta: 5:12am On Oct 28, 2014
He'll win Sokoto state easily. Hurricane APC!

3 Likes

Re: Tambuwal decamps to APC today - Read! - Cramjones by smudge2079(m): 5:13am On Oct 28, 2014
Congratufuckinlations tambu boy! Good for ya.
Re: Tambuwal decamps to APC today - Read! - Cramjones by Nobody: 5:13am On Oct 28, 2014
Rapsainot:
"
soldierdollar:
G
AJOT99:
YungwizzzyPt7:
dg
LEERICIST:
v
Odisco2:
hhh

spacebookers, making nairaland look like a poultry since 1914

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tambuwal decamps to APC today - Read! - Cramjones by Bennyberry(m): 5:13am On Oct 28, 2014
Behold the next governor of sokoto state..#i love his charisma

1 Like

Re: Tambuwal decamps to APC today - Read! - Cramjones by DaVinChiSam(m): 5:14am On Oct 28, 2014
fitzmayowa:

Naija polithiefcian and prostitution...Our politicians prostitute pass those wey dey brothel/motel sef

Lol... na the mumu supporters wey dey kill themselves over these ashawoo people I dey pity self...
you carry Pdp, Apc, Efcc and Nta for head, the people wey dey there dey chop the money and switch without blinking...

9 Likes

Re: Tambuwal decamps to APC today - Read! - Cramjones by drkay(m): 5:14am On Oct 28, 2014
Bad decision anyway.
Re: Tambuwal decamps to APC today - Read! - Cramjones by iluvweed(m): 5:15am On Oct 28, 2014
shocked
Re: Tambuwal decamps to APC today - Read! - Cramjones by kaffy4tope(m): 5:15am On Oct 28, 2014
For Group.....Conference and Employment visas

Add or call

Re: Tambuwal decamps to APC today - Read! - Cramjones by agabusta: 5:16am On Oct 28, 2014
drkay:
Bad decision anyway.

What should be the best political decision for him? undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Tambuwal decamps to APC today - Read! - Cramjones by Nwogbe: 5:16am On Oct 28, 2014
That's his cup of tea
Re: Tambuwal decamps to APC today - Read! - Cramjones by LordMecuzy(m): 5:19am On Oct 28, 2014
How does dis Affect my meagre 25k a month salary

2 Likes

Re: Tambuwal decamps to APC today - Read! - Cramjones by elohorayodele: 5:19am On Oct 28, 2014
Polithiefians playing politricks as usual
Re: Tambuwal decamps to APC today - Read! - Cramjones by soldierdollar(m): 5:20am On Oct 28, 2014
diluminati:

Mtcheeeeeeew .you get time . DON'T QUOTE ME AGAIN !

spacebookers, making nairaland look like a poultry since 1914

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari Says He Has No Third Term Agenda / Iwuanyanwu: 2023 President Must Come From South-East / Electricity Hike: Customers Without 12-Hour Supply Daily Exempted – NERC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.