Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,915 members, 7,802,979 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 06:22 AM

'Until A Man Proposes, You’ll Rot In Your Beauty, Intelligence' – Duncan-William - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 'Until A Man Proposes, You’ll Rot In Your Beauty, Intelligence' – Duncan-William (4810 Views)

Man Proposes To His Girlfriend In Egbeda Market In Lagos (photo) / Man Proposes To His Girlfriend At Shoprite In The Most Romantic Way.(Pic+Video) / Man Proposes To His Girlfriend On The Road In Ojuelegba (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

'Until A Man Proposes, You’ll Rot In Your Beauty, Intelligence' – Duncan-William by NoContract(m): 9:44am On Oct 28, 2014
Posted Oct 27, 2014 at 10:38am

Archbishop Nicholas Duncan-Williams has said women must see men’s love proposal and decision to marry them as a “privilege” because without that, they will “rot” away with their beauty and intelligence.

The charismatic spiritual icon has therefore admonished women to be grateful to men if they choose to marry them, rather than misbehave.

“It’s a privilege to be married. It’s a privilege in the time we live in when it’s seven [women] to one man”, he told his congregation Sunday in Accra.

“Sister when you get married, be thankful and stop misbehaving because it’s seven to one. It doesn’t matter how pretty and beautiful and intelligent you are; until a man proposes to you, you are going to stay beautiful, pretty, intelligent, nice and whatever, and rotten”.

“That’s what it is, and somebody needs to tell you because there [are] so many women out there misbehaving. You got to be told the truth. And the reason why a lot of marriages are not working is because everybody is afraid to offend women to tell them: ‘Come on girl, you got a good thing going, hold fast onto it, don’t misbehave and don’t lose it’”.

He said unlike men who can marry at virtually any age, women’s biological make up and physiology put them at a disadvantage as they grow older and, therefore, said women must appreciate it when men choose to marry them because the age pendulum tilts against them.

“And somebody says: ‘How about the men?’ They got issues too but you see, the fact of the matter is that a man can be 100 years old and marry again if he ‘moves’. A man can be 100 years and marry if he can ‘drive’. But a woman just can’t get married at a particular age. [It] gets to a place [where] everything begins to melt and you can’t marry just because you want to marry”, the founder of the Christian Action Faith Ministries explained.

“It is what it is, and sometimes we don’t want to hear the truth. We get offended when the truth is said, but I have come to a place [where] I tell people that I have lost my reputation a long time ago, and so it doesn’t really matter whether you like me or you don’t like me, and I don’t preach to impress people anymore. I stopped doing that a long time ago. I deliver what I’m told to deliver, and whether you receive it or not is none of my business; it’s your business”, he said.

Source: Ghana/StarrFMonline.com/103.5FM
http://m.starrfmonline.com/1.1879845#channel=rss&source=kitnes?utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=twitterfeed

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'Until A Man Proposes, You’ll Rot In Your Beauty, Intelligence' – Duncan-William by kennyslim1(m): 9:50am On Oct 28, 2014
no be all "pastor" na pastor...

3 Likes

Re: 'Until A Man Proposes, You’ll Rot In Your Beauty, Intelligence' – Duncan-William by Tallesty1(m): 9:50am On Oct 28, 2014
Cococandy
Re: 'Until A Man Proposes, You’ll Rot In Your Beauty, Intelligence' – Duncan-William by Ilovenigeria(f): 9:51am On Oct 28, 2014
Msteeeewwwww.
No wonder some girls de do all sorts of diabolical and dirty things just to answer MRS.
Re: 'Until A Man Proposes, You’ll Rot In Your Beauty, Intelligence' – Duncan-William by Nobody: 9:51am On Oct 28, 2014
Seconded by cutehector4u.....

1 Like

Re: 'Until A Man Proposes, You’ll Rot In Your Beauty, Intelligence' – Duncan-William by Nobody: 9:52am On Oct 28, 2014
Genevieve nnaji should read this
Re: 'Until A Man Proposes, You’ll Rot In Your Beauty, Intelligence' – Duncan-William by MizMyColi(f): 9:55am On Oct 28, 2014
Dear Bishop, kindly shut the fvck up.

Your assertion is baseless and clueless.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Until A Man Proposes, You’ll Rot In Your Beauty, Intelligence' – Duncan-William by MizMyColi(f): 9:56am On Oct 28, 2014
Tallesty1:
Cocoacandy Cococandy
Re: 'Until A Man Proposes, You’ll Rot In Your Beauty, Intelligence' – Duncan-William by djeezy(m): 9:56am On Oct 28, 2014
MizMyColi:

Hmmm take it easy.
Re: 'Until A Man Proposes, You’ll Rot In Your Beauty, Intelligence' – Duncan-William by kennyslim1(m): 9:57am On Oct 28, 2014
djeezy:
Hmmm take it easy.

but na the truth naw

1 Like

Re: 'Until A Man Proposes, You’ll Rot In Your Beauty, Intelligence' – Duncan-William by MizMyColi(f): 9:58am On Oct 28, 2014
djeezy:
Hmmm take it easy.

Not here.
Re: 'Until A Man Proposes, You’ll Rot In Your Beauty, Intelligence' – Duncan-William by NoContract(m): 10:01am On Oct 28, 2014
MizMyColi:

8 Likes

Re: 'Until A Man Proposes, You’ll Rot In Your Beauty, Intelligence' – Duncan-William by Tallesty1(m): 10:03am On Oct 28, 2014
[quote author=MizMyColi post=27516406][/quote]Thank You
Re: 'Until A Man Proposes, You’ll Rot In Your Beauty, Intelligence' – Duncan-William by Ilovenigeria(f): 10:04am On Oct 28, 2014
Tallesty1:
Cococandy
Re: 'Until A Man Proposes, You’ll Rot In Your Beauty, Intelligence' – Duncan-William by MizMyColi(f): 10:05am On Oct 28, 2014
@Djeezy, this kinda topics shouldn't be taken lightly, many girls I know have followed stvpid talks like the OP and are regretting their choice(s)/decision as I write.

Coming from a so called man of God who is supposed to season his speech with salt?
Gosh!
I'm Appalled..

I can only imagine the kind of depression it would cause a beautiful guy or lady with different varieties of poor self image or worse still one who just got jilted and vice versa, seeing that original post and some comments that will be made here.

The general impression is that, once, according to societal standards, a person is deemed beautiful, he or she couldn’t possibly lack the constant attention and companionship of the opposite sex (same sex in some cases).
It’s even worse for a Nigerian female because she is “supposed” to be married at latest, 25.
If she isn’t, then something must be wrong somewhere.
What about those who are 30, 35 and unmarried shocked shocked
Their own must be a deliverance case!

It won’t be strange finding a lady who is under so much/so little/subtle pressure to tie the knot already or win herself a man (like he is a trophy of sorts) asking herself questions in the lines of:
Why can’t I keep a man?
Am I an Ogbanje?
Am I cursed?
Maybe my stepmother is after my progress?
Is it because I’m not a virgin?
Is it because I’m a virgin?
Maybe I have a smelling character that repels men from afar? (even though she’s consciously working at being better) undecided
Maybe this my dressing is too holy holy
Maybe this my dressing and piercings is/are too Ashi-ish
I could go on and on……..

The opinion of guys, on this subject range from “men are intimidated by her (especially if she’s successful too)”.
“She’s a runs girl” etc.

For me, why a single beautiful girl is single is entirely her business and is not for me or anyone else to puzzle out.
Her being single doesn’t make her less or being engaged make her more.
I say treat ladies with respect, out of the mind-set that they are not incomplete for whatever cause they are single.
Relieve them of the pressure of the lies that they are less without a man in their arms.
#NuffSaid

The quote below might inspire someone out there, so I thought to share here, with permission from my diary:
"I'd rather be the prize you felt you deserved, than be the option you felt forced to settle for. If we BOTH don't feel blessed to have one another, then we shouldn't be together." ~Rob Hill Sr.
wink

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Until A Man Proposes, You’ll Rot In Your Beauty, Intelligence' – Duncan-William by Nobody: 10:06am On Oct 28, 2014
some pastors tho undecided

I don't even understand what he said?!?embarassed

is he saying we should not rub makeup or what?

someone should explain it better pls undecided
Re: 'Until A Man Proposes, You’ll Rot In Your Beauty, Intelligence' – Duncan-William by OgidiOlu3(m): 10:07am On Oct 28, 2014
Waiting patiently for dem ladies' comments grin .
Re: 'Until A Man Proposes, You’ll Rot In Your Beauty, Intelligence' – Duncan-William by Nobody: 10:11am On Oct 28, 2014
Re: 'Until A Man Proposes, You’ll Rot In Your Beauty, Intelligence' – Duncan-William by MizMyColi(f): 10:11am On Oct 28, 2014
X'cuse me sir,
How lower can your thinking faculties get? grin grin

You're either happy or not.

Self deceit is the worst kind of deceit.
NoContract:

2 Likes

Re: 'Until A Man Proposes, You’ll Rot In Your Beauty, Intelligence' – Duncan-William by NoContract(m): 10:13am On Oct 28, 2014
MizMyColi:
X'cuse me sir,

5 Likes

Re: 'Until A Man Proposes, You’ll Rot In Your Beauty, Intelligence' – Duncan-William by adanduka: 10:15am On Oct 28, 2014
Mr Preacher, you're WRONG!

1 Like

Re: 'Until A Man Proposes, You’ll Rot In Your Beauty, Intelligence' – Duncan-William by NoContract(m): 10:17am On Oct 28, 2014
MizMyColi:
X'cuse me sir,

4 Likes

Re: 'Until A Man Proposes, You’ll Rot In Your Beauty, Intelligence' – Duncan-William by NoContract(m): 10:18am On Oct 28, 2014
MizMyColi:
X'cuse me sir,

You will learn not to fvck with me.

[img]http://3.bp..com/-HNrepUA1vSI/Uv5kjPe3VqI/AAAAAAAAfpU/3mWkFK0864w/s1600/image.png[/img]

1 Like

Re: 'Until A Man Proposes, You’ll Rot In Your Beauty, Intelligence' – Duncan-William by MizMyColi(f): 10:20am On Oct 28, 2014
Someone's being deluded here.

Which human in their right mind would be against "Freedom of Speech"?

However, it is perfectly human to be offended at odious ideas, such as sexism and fascism, as blatantly depicted by your "bishop".

NoContract:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'Until A Man Proposes, You’ll Rot In Your Beauty, Intelligence' – Duncan-William by MizMyColi(f): 10:23am On Oct 28, 2014
LoLest

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Bwahahahhhahhahahaaaa

This is the part where I chicken out, because some unverified e-entity wants to resort to e-bullying. undecided

Mizmycoli: Allergic to rada rada and iranu since time imoriver.

You may now keep the quotes coming.

NoContract:

You will learn not to fvck with me.

3 Likes

Re: 'Until A Man Proposes, You’ll Rot In Your Beauty, Intelligence' – Duncan-William by Liability(m): 10:27am On Oct 28, 2014
i did not read it....but i quite agree with the pastor in absolution.

1 Like

Re: 'Until A Man Proposes, You’ll Rot In Your Beauty, Intelligence' – Duncan-William by radiant3(f): 10:32am On Oct 28, 2014
This is a serious matter...
Re: 'Until A Man Proposes, You’ll Rot In Your Beauty, Intelligence' – Duncan-William by Oahray: 10:33am On Oct 28, 2014
Rubbish! This chauvinist arch-bishop should shut the hell up. I hate it when women think they are nothing without being attached to some random dude and get desperate about it. I have no respect for such, as she hasn't learnt to respect herself.

Even the Bible encourages singleness for those who can make room for it.
Re: 'Until A Man Proposes, You’ll Rot In Your Beauty, Intelligence' – Duncan-William by MizMyColi(f): 10:37am On Oct 28, 2014
Oahray:
Rubbish! This chauvinist arch-bishop should shut the hell up. I hate it when women think they are nothing without being attached to some random dude and get desperate about it. I have no respect for such, as she hasn't learnt to respect herself.

Even the Bible encourages singleness for those who can make room for it.
Re: 'Until A Man Proposes, You’ll Rot In Your Beauty, Intelligence' – Duncan-William by Exjoker(m): 10:37am On Oct 28, 2014
We knew it already if a man propose to a girl is a great to her
Re: 'Until A Man Proposes, You’ll Rot In Your Beauty, Intelligence' – Duncan-William by MizMyColi(f): 10:37am On Oct 28, 2014
adanduka:
Mr Preacher, you're WRONG!

1 Like

Re: 'Until A Man Proposes, You’ll Rot In Your Beauty, Intelligence' – Duncan-William by Nobody: 10:38am On Oct 28, 2014
ABEG...where this church dey...make i attend on SUNDAY...
DIS BISHOP na MILITARY BISHOP oooo.
HITTING d NAIL on d HEAD......
CUSTOMERS not NEEDED....

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Embarrassment!! Girl Strips Unclad In Public Because Of This. Take A Look / Eating Of Vaginal Causes Pink Lips / My Secondary School Smallie Has Accepted To Miss School On Monday For Us

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.