Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,394 members, 7,800,807 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:05 AM

In What Way Has This Religious Section Benefited You? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / In What Way Has This Religious Section Benefited You? (10188 Views)

Check This Religious Poster I Saw In Benin (photo) / Seun We Want A Pagan Traditionalist Mod On The Religious Section / In What Way Is God Good? Inviting Mr Anony And Any Intersted Party (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: In What Way Has This Religious Section Benefited You? by plaetton: 4:40pm On Oct 30, 2014
rationalmind:

You guys should keep up the good work of leading more and more folks into atheism. grin

Jokes apart,
Nairaland christians do more to push people on the fence away from religion.
When an intelligent person looks at the arguments made to defend god and christianity, he or she becomes self aware, self aware of the contradictions that they carry all their lives.
They realize that their exist no intelligent argument to justify many of their long held beliefs.

No atheist argument push me to jettison religion and idea of god.
It was the arguments, attitudes and character of religious people that pointed to me that something was really not right with goddist worldview.

When I hear my neighbor screaming in prayer every night and morning, I feel really sorry for her and her fearful doubts.
When I hear people going for special prayer, I begin to ask what is so special about special prayer that makes it better than ordinary prayer?
When I go to church and witness people pray like 5 times in a session, I begin to wonder if god is deaf and perhaps did not hear the first two prayers.
Why the repetition if you are so sure that he is there?

In the end, I concluded that in reality, no one actually believes for sure that god is out there , but many are only hoping that he is.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: In What Way Has This Religious Section Benefited You? by Ranchhoddas: 5:22pm On Oct 30, 2014
plaetton:

Jokes apart,
When an intelligent person looks at the arguments made to defend god and christianity, he or she becomes self aware, self aware of the contradictions that they carry all their lives.
They realize that their exist no intelligent argument to justify many of their long held beliefs.

It was the arguments, attitudes and character of religious people that pointed to me that something was really not right with goddist worldview.

When I hear my neighbor screaming in prayer every night and morning, I feel really sorry for her and her fearful doubts.
When I hear people going for special prayer, I begin to ask what is so special about special prayer that makes it better than ordinary prayer?
When I go to church and witness people pray like 5 times in a session, I begin to wonder if god is deaf and perhaps did not hear the first two prayers.

In the end, I concluded that in reality, no one actually believes for sure that god is out there , but many are only hoping that he is.
lord plaetton,if i turn atheist na u and evilbrain with muskeeto cause am.

2 Likes

Re: In What Way Has This Religious Section Benefited You? by SIRANDREWS: 7:41pm On Oct 30, 2014
Ranchhoddas:
it is a form of evolution. you're evolving. Religions and doctrines die. Dont die with it!

2 Likes

Re: In What Way Has This Religious Section Benefited You? by jnrbayano(m): 7:49pm On Oct 30, 2014
It has been beneficial to me in that I discovered the thread below the time I did.

https://www.nairaland.com/1464338/thread-catholics#down

1 Like 1 Share

Re: In What Way Has This Religious Section Benefited You? by plaetton: 8:00pm On Oct 30, 2014
Ranchhoddas:
My selfless service to humanity.
Unfortunately many naira land Christian mistake selfless service for self-service.
grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: In What Way Has This Religious Section Benefited You? by Nobody: 8:08pm On Oct 30, 2014
plaetton:

Jokes apart,

Lol, little wonder they are beginning to ask for a christian section. That way, they'll be shielded from criticism just like those ones I don't want to mention grin
Re: In What Way Has This Religious Section Benefited You? by Ranchhoddas: 8:15pm On Oct 30, 2014
plaetton:

My selfless service to humanity.
Unfortunately many naira land Christian mistake selfless service for self-service.
grin
God help us if you are wrong.

1 Like

Re: In What Way Has This Religious Section Benefited You? by PastorAIO: 8:16pm On Oct 30, 2014
plaetton:

Jokes apart,

My guy, on this nairaland Christians have done more to make atheists than any atheist. That is so true. It is not so much their arguments but the rancid, aggressive, bullying way that they go about posting and making threats. To defeat them in argument all one has to do is encourage them to speak.

I suspect that they can now see the futility of their rabid threats and that is why they have now run away.

3 Likes

Re: In What Way Has This Religious Section Benefited You? by Yooguyz: 8:48pm On Oct 30, 2014
plaetton:

Jokes apart,

Coming from an atheist.

Honestly I don't know why you guys put undue emphaasis on arguments. An argument can sound very logical, and yet it is a lie. Matters of our faith cannot be understood in the context of logic. Get that into your head, deep calleth deep, spiritual calleth spiritual.
Re: In What Way Has This Religious Section Benefited You? by plaetton: 9:07pm On Oct 30, 2014
Yooguyz:

Coming from an atheist.

Honestly I don't know why you guys put undue emphaasis on arguments. An argument can sound very logical, and yet it is a lie. Matters of our faith cannot be understood in the context of logic. Get that into your head, deep calleth deep, spiritual calleth spiritual.
Let me help you rephrase that sir.
You meant to say that matters of faith cannot be understood in the context of rational common sense.
Right?
Davidylan had already spoken that truth, and I wholeheartedly agree.

With that in mind, why would you or any religious bloke engage atheists in any religious argument,since you admit that religion and faith dwell in the realms of imbecility?

6 Likes

Re: In What Way Has This Religious Section Benefited You? by Gombs(m): 9:16pm On Oct 30, 2014
PastorKun:
For me I derive fulfilment in being able to use this section to share to true gospel of Christ with thousands of people who regularly visit this section. This true gospel is based on love and his greatest and most important commandment is to Love one and other as he has Loved us. This is a point most professing christians miss whilst they give a lot of attention to the more mundane issues and even man made injunctions like tithing that bear no relevance to christianity.

It'd have been a miracle if you didn't mention tithe.

I have also enjoyed using this platform to decimate disseminate to good news to fellow believers that contrary to popular teachings in some churches, a christian is under no obligation to tithe but is encouraged to give freely as he purposes in his heart.

Fixed cool

Back to OP, I learnt alot.... I met Joagbaje here, and alot other wonderful folks. Rhapsody of Realities thread on Nairaland has been blessing to me and a lot others. Glory to God!
Re: In What Way Has This Religious Section Benefited You? by youngice(m): 11:26pm On Oct 30, 2014
And the successfully derailed a beautiful thread

1 Like 1 Share

Re: In What Way Has This Religious Section Benefited You? by Yooguyz: 5:12pm On Oct 31, 2014
plaetton:

Let me help you rephrase that sir.
You meant to say that matters of faith cannot be understood in the context of rational common sense.
Right?
Davidylan had already spoken that truth, and I wholeheartedly agree.

With that in mind, why would you or any religious bloke athiest engage atheists christains in any religious argument,since you admit that religion and faith dwell in the realms of imbecility?

Much better cool

Its actually the atheists who engage us in an argument why because;

1. Nairaland has a religious section NOT an irreligious section. You knew that the section is for those who believe in a God, but yet you come here everyday to bugger us.
2. Atheists here have no system of thought, school of thoughts or a paradigm, their only function here is to attack religion. Sometimes I feel as if atheism was created to attack religion.

So you so see, your statement should be reversed instead your question should be:

Why do atheists engage members of other religions in an argument?
Re: In What Way Has This Religious Section Benefited You? by PastorAIO: 5:28pm On Oct 31, 2014
Yooguyz:

Much better cool

1. Nairaland has a religious section NOT an irreligious section. You knew that the section is for those who believe in a God, but yet you come here everyday to bugger us.

lol .... Bros, How often do you get buggered? And when you do, do you enjoy it? Buggery is a crime in Nigeria now o, be careful.

3 Likes

Re: In What Way Has This Religious Section Benefited You? by plaetton: 5:52pm On Oct 31, 2014
Yooguyz:

Much better cool

2. Atheists here have no system of thought, school of thoughts or a paradigm, their only function here is to attack religion. Sometimes I feel as if atheism was created to attack religion.

So you so see, your statement should be reversed instead your question should be:

Why do atheists engage members of other religions in an argument?
Again I agree with you that atheists tend to attack and mock posts centered on religious befiefs.
The reason is simple. You cannot advertise what you agree are irrational points of view on public forum without expecting a strong push back from your rational counterparts.

Our nation has already endured so much of that, much to the detriments of the entire black race.

You and your ilk are very free to exercise your irrationality and imbecility in private, but when Imbecility ventures out of it's delusional cocoon, then it becomes a public health hazard.

I need not remind you of the many horrors that people of irrational faith inflicted , and continue to inflict upon humankind.

Therefore, I am sure you have no problems agreeing with me that continual vigilance is imperative for the rational people to ensure.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: In What Way Has This Religious Section Benefited You? by Yooguyz: 6:49pm On Oct 31, 2014
plaetton:

Again I agree with you that atheists tend to attack and mock posts centered on religious befiefs.
The reason is simple. You cannot advertise what you agree are irrational points of view on public forum without expecting a strong push back from your rational counterparts.

Our nation has already endured so much of that, much to the detriments of the entire black race.

You and your ilk are very free to exercise your irrationality and imbecility in private, but when Imbecility ventures out of it's delusional cocoon, then it becomes a public health hazard.

I need not remind you of the many horrors that people of irrational faith inflicted , and continue to inflict upon humankind

Now that was an irrational and imbecilitic post, even a mad man knows that the religious centered horrors inflicted on mankind today is caused by atheists like yourself who claim to be the mouthpiece of their god/
God therefore using religious text to satisfy their greed, exploit others and pepertuate evil.

Therefore, I am sure you have no problems agreeing with me that continual vigilance is imperative for the rational people to ensure.

I still don't get why the "rational" people are obsessed with what they say does not exist? Is it possible that they are living in a state of denail?
Re: In What Way Has This Religious Section Benefited You? by Yooguyz: 6:55pm On Oct 31, 2014
PastorAIO:

lol .... Bros, How often do you get buggered? And when you do, do you enjoy it? Buggery is a crime in Nigeria now o, be careful.

Now you are buggery me angry

I have told you times without number to stop PMing me your phone number and those love letters. Am sorry to tell you this, am celibate.

1 Like

Re: In What Way Has This Religious Section Benefited You? by JackBizzle: 6:58pm On Oct 31, 2014
bugger/buggery= yansh/bottom s£x!!!! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: In What Way Has This Religious Section Benefited You? by plaetton: 7:33pm On Oct 31, 2014
Yooguyz:

Now that was an irrational and imbecilitic post, even a mad man knows that the religious centered horrors inflicted on mankind today is caused by atheists like yourself who claim to be the mouthpiece of their god/
God therefore using religious text to satisfy their greed, exploit others and pepertuate evil.

I still don't get why the "rational" people are obsessed with what they say does not exist? Is it possible that they are living in a state of denail?
Since you're pretending not to get it, let give an example why we need to be vigilant against irrationality.
The TB Clown Joshua tragedy.
115 people lost their lives n the most horrific manner because of religious irrationality.
Do you agree?
Re: In What Way Has This Religious Section Benefited You? by UyiIredia(m): 7:42pm On Oct 31, 2014
I've seen and sampled the other side. As for the bad side, I have been through a crisis because of what I've read here. But I would choose to do it again because one can't afford to be ignorant of his/her opponents.
Re: In What Way Has This Religious Section Benefited You? by Yooguyz: 7:49pm On Oct 31, 2014
plaetton:

Since you're pretending not to get it, let give an example why we need to be vigilant against irrationality.
The TB Clown Joshua tragedy.
115 people lost their lives n the most horrific manner because of religious irrationality.
Do you agree?

Many people die everyday as a result of building collapse be it a church, mosque, residential building or even a public facility. To attribute a building collapse to ones religious belief is the height of irrationality and stupidity.

Your hatred for our faith is very worisome, are you sure its due to a dark phase of your religious history? Or is this a means of your letting go those painful experiences? Do let us know, we would be more than willing to help you.
Re: In What Way Has This Religious Section Benefited You? by plaetton: 8:29pm On Oct 31, 2014
Yooguyz:

Many people die everyday as a result of building collapse be it a church, mosque, residential building or even a public facility. To attribute a building collapse to ones religious belief is the height of irrationality and stupidity.

Your hatred for our faith is very worisome, are you sure its due to a dark phase of your religious history? Or is this a means of your letting go those painful experiences? Do let us know, we would be more than willing to help you.

The building collapsed because irrational morons like you thought that they could defy the simple laws of gravity because they thought god and their faith was sufficient.

The people that died did so because they irrationally thought that a trip to the bullshyt mountain abode of an irrational religious fraudster would magically solve their life problems ahead of everyone else who rely on ration means to survive.

So you see, irrationality on all parties led to the tragedy.
Even more irrational is those responsible are denying responsibility by irrationally blaming the devil.

You see?
So, yes.
The horiific deaths of 115people through the irrational decisions and actions makes me very very angry .
If doesn't make you angry as well, then I guess your religious beliefs make you less empathic , more immoral and a less humane person.
This makes it just another reason to shoot down irrationality wherever and whenever one finds it.

3 Likes

Re: In What Way Has This Religious Section Benefited You? by malvisguy212: 8:39pm On Oct 31, 2014
PastorAIO:

My guy, on this nairaland Christians have done more to make atheists than any atheist. That is so true. It is not so much their arguments but the rancid, aggressive, bullying way that they go about posting and making threats. To defeat them in argument all one has to do is encourage them to speak.

I suspect that they can now see the futility of their rabid threats and that is why they have now run away.
satan not only rejected God by attempting to supplant Him, but he urged
humans to do likewise. Satan urged Eve to choose against God for her own self-fulfilment:
He said to the woman, “Did God actually say, ‘You shall not eat of any
tree in the garden’?” And the woman said to the serpent, “We may eat
of the fruit of the trees in the garden, but God said, ‘You shall not eat of
the fruit of the tree that is in the midst of the garden, neither shall you
touch it, lest you die.’” But the serpent said to the woman, “You will
not surely die. For God knows that when you eat of it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil.” (Genesis 3:1-5 ESV).
LET ANALIZE THIS VERSE.
The tactic is clear: firstly, question God’s statements, then, contradict
God’s statements and, finally, urge rebellion in seeking equality with
God.
HOW DOS THIS RELATE TO ATHIEST?
This manifests in atheists as
1. Questioning whether there is a God to make statements in the first
place, so God did not say anything.
2. Contradicting the statements said to have been spoken by God.
3. Seeking equality with God by replacing God with the self. This satanic deception appeals strongly to atheists as it bolsters two of
their desired delusions: 1) absolute autonomy—being free to do as
they please, and 2) the lack of ultimate accountability—there are no eternal consequences for doing as they please.”
Re: In What Way Has This Religious Section Benefited You? by Yooguyz: 8:46pm On Oct 31, 2014
plaetton:

The building collapsed because irrational morons like you[size=20pt] thought that they could defy the simple laws of gravity because they thought god and their faith was sufficient.[/size]

The people that died did so because they irrationally thought that a trip to the bullshyt mountain abode of an irrational religious fraudster would magically solve their life problems ahead of everyone else who rely on ration means to survive.

So you see, irrationality on all parties led to the tragedy.
Even more irrational is those responsible are denying responsibility by irrationally blaming the devil.

You see?
So, yes.
The horiific deaths of 115people through the irrational decisions and actions makes me very very angry .
If doesn't make you angry as well, then I guess your religious beliefs make you less empathic , more immoral and a less humane person.
This makes it just another reason to shoot down irrationality wherever and whenever one finds it.

^^ a very senseless and moronic post, a sensible conversation cannot exist beyond this point. Striktlymi knows how to handle you better.
Re: In What Way Has This Religious Section Benefited You? by plaetton: 9:03pm On Oct 31, 2014
Yooguyz:

^^ a very senseless and moronic post, a sensible conversation cannot exist beyond this point. Striktlymi knows how to handle you better.

What sensible conversation can I possibly have with someone who admits to coming from a position of irrationality and imbecility?

Of course.
Cognitive dissonance has set in.
I am surprised that you haven't threatened the violence of hellfire.

3 Likes

Re: In What Way Has This Religious Section Benefited You? by Infomizer(m): 3:26am On Nov 01, 2014
Yooguyz:

God
therefore using religious text to satisfy their greed, exploit others and pepertuate evil.

Bro, the emboldened is false and oxymoronic nao... It is the crux of Plaetton's argument.
Re: In What Way Has This Religious Section Benefited You? by Nobody: 7:13am On Nov 01, 2014
Nothing more ironic than a gay christian.

1 Like

Re: In What Way Has This Religious Section Benefited You? by PastorAIO: 1:05pm On Nov 01, 2014
plaetton:

I need not remind you of the many horrors that people of irrational faith inflicted , and continue to inflict upon humankind.

This post encapsulates the entire gist of this Atheist versus Theist dynamic that we have been witnessing for the last 14 or so years. The story of it (from my perspective) is very interesting and worthy of a thread of it's own. I would make such a thread, as I've been planning to, if I wasn't so lazy or busy elsewhere. Plus the fear that no one would be interested enough to contribute puts me off.

1 Like

Re: In What Way Has This Religious Section Benefited You? by PastorAIO: 1:08pm On Nov 01, 2014
LastOkpaBender:
Nothing more ironic than a gay christian.
Lol!
malvisguy212:
But the serpent said to the woman, “You will
not surely die. For God knows that when you eat of it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil.” (Genesis 3:1-5 ESV).
LET ANALIZE THIS VERSE.

These people shaaa! I don't know what the obsession is with Yansh affairs. Can you imagine, from buggering themselves to Anal-izing.

1 Like

Re: In What Way Has This Religious Section Benefited You? by dein77(m): 1:48pm On Nov 01, 2014
Well, I haven't benefited that much from this section. I started frequenting my visits here only a few weeks or months ago. But there are some vital lessons I have learned.

The tithe issue, which I had always suspected as being extraneous, was thoroughly dealt with here by fellow thinking and probing Christians. How tithe was smuggled into our current dispensation remains a world wonder. Brethren presented their claims with Scriptures hitherto unknown to me, thereby prompting me to search the Bible more.

Apart from this, it's being war between the Christians and the Atheists. These two groups are always at loggerheads, and this acrimony is negatively impacting a section that should otherwise direct men to Christ.

The Atheists arguments are sometimes even gaining grounds against the Christians. The terrible conditions of the religious Nigerians have further strengthened the Atheists belief in the nonexistence of God.

And it's as if more people are coming closer to Atheism than Christianity. This is purely due to the insulting, impudent, impatient and hollow behaviours of most Christians, I mean, churchgoers.

For us to reverse this tide, we must show love and understanding to the Atheists; humbly give up on them.when we can't stand their often superior arguments; we should study our Bibles more, and most importantly, convert our frequent church visits to improve the morality of our nation. If we can't transform our society despite all our religion, then it's vain.

Also,I'm also disillusioned with the whole religion scam. I would have also quit it if not for the personal revelations Christ has given me.

Lastly, our GOS and other big pastors are not helping matters. Their departure from the path of humility has made it more difficult for us to gain say our opponents.

Nigerian Christians, wake up.

3 Likes

Re: In What Way Has This Religious Section Benefited You? by honourhim: 5:53pm On Nov 01, 2014
plaetton:

Bro there are a lot of people who were once in your so called "rational reasoning" line but today they dumped atheism after many years and joined christianity. Both whites and blacks. Even in nairaland here we also have examples.

If atheism was so good and rational as you want us to believe why would people dump it after some years just like people dump chirstianity(which you branded irratinnal) after some years. The thing wey dey happen for Okeke house dey happen for Okafor house too.
Re: In What Way Has This Religious Section Benefited You? by eyeopener: 6:01pm On Nov 01, 2014
The section is very dangerous spiritually speaking. Here you will find many lies proven as truths, thereby misleading the simple or the ignorant

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why God Didn't Help Leah Sharibu! / Jesus Is God. See / Where to buy Maca Root Powder, Sea salt, Oregano, Rosemary in Lagos State.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.