Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,460 members, 7,781,327 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:33 PM

The Boy-child Should Also Be Domestically Inclined!!! - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Boy-child Should Also Be Domestically Inclined!!! (22191 Views)

Opinion: The Boy-child Should Not Be Domestically-inclined Primarily / LOCK Your Spouse UP! A Cure For Domestically-Violent Partners!!! / Boy-child or Girl-child, does it matter? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Boy-child Should Also Be Domestically Inclined!!! by pansophist(m): 5:33pm On Nov 20, 2014
Godmother:
My younger brother is a good cook; can cook beans, yam, make eba and stew. The only problem is that he puts grounded pepper in his stew grin. My mum made sure she never treated him any differently while growing up and this has helped him to be a sensible and considerate young man.

At the bolded, I do the same thing when I cook stew too. Anything wrong with that? it taste good and saves time pounding pepper bulbs.
Re: The Boy-child Should Also Be Domestically Inclined!!! by dacoolvik: 5:34pm On Nov 20, 2014
@op, this topic is so on point. I have always supported this. By God's grace, my daughters will learn to wash cars, change tyre and do boyish things. My son will also sweep, wash and cook.

All this knowledge will definitely come in handy later in life. It irritates me when guys look for girlfriends just for the purpose of doing domestic chores. Girls should also learn to change bulbs start generators e.t.c

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Boy-child Should Also Be Domestically Inclined!!! by Godfullsam(m): 5:35pm On Nov 20, 2014
I grew up among five sisters and i happened to be one of the youngest . Back then, if i am not in kitchen while my elder sisters were cooking i am in trouble. They will say who is ur child that will cook for yyou ... Today, the experience is a great advantage for me because i can handle any domestic works including cooking.
Re: The Boy-child Should Also Be Domestically Inclined!!! by danbrowndmf(m): 5:35pm On Nov 20, 2014
[quote
author=Kachisbarbie post=27563433]It's very important...its
importance can't be over-emphasised

I wouldn't blame our parents much - they were brought up in an era where
(it was a wont that) women were naturally associated with the
kitchen(housework) and men with hustle(bread-winning)

___Women were expected to be very servile to the man having little/no
major plans of her own...now it's a modern age and they(parents : some
of them) had a way of imparting this in us(the younger generation).

I think it's now left to us, to make sure our sons, don't adopt such
attitude. Nothing beats a man who comes in handy
_financially/s winkxually/educationally and in the kitchen too grin

___while we were growing
-I didn't know how to wash beans/bitterleaf properly but my elder bro
was an expert...lol... to mention a few.
[/quote] which kin signature b dis naw.na stilll d same tin jare.u jus wan gv "WE" broke Guys hope.cheesy
Re: The Boy-child Should Also Be Domestically Inclined!!! by kandiikane(m): 5:36pm On Nov 20, 2014
gidjah:
HABA AUNTY!stop messin up d men(not d boys)!my dad is a great cook,he influenced my cooking skills alot.i am now a full blown fine man wit a familly,my sweety no fit do of any shakara wit cooking at all,when they r away, i do my thing.i hav not bin to a restaurant for about 15 years now!thats my principle,No eating outside,DO YOUR COOKING YOUR SELF!EVEN WHEN AM OFF TO WORK ,I COOK MY FOOD.my staff (married& d likes)would be like...mr MiKe na wa for you o!bla bla bla bla non sense non sense!.. but trust me now,its has become a culture and ritual wit me,and it has helped me in saving a great deal people

Haha, you should at least go out with your sweetie once in the blue moon na. Dress up, look cute, fine dining tings. grin
Re: The Boy-child Should Also Be Domestically Inclined!!! by Blackridge(f): 5:36pm On Nov 20, 2014
I believe a child should have balanced training. While a male child should be domestic, a female child should know certain things about a car and electrical appliances
Re: The Boy-child Should Also Be Domestically Inclined!!! by GlorifiedTunde(m): 5:36pm On Nov 20, 2014
cosmos4242:
I think cooking should nt be left for only females, I growth up with my mum, and wen I was coming up she told me am felling this nw as a punishments bt I ll understand it later, she taught me Hw to cook encase if I marry and if tell my wife to cook for me and she filling some Hw I should go to kitchen and make cooking and bring it to her, and to honestly it help me a lot, I can do my cooking without waiting for my woman, I think the work should nt be only leave for woman, I rest my cases.

CHAI! shocked shocked shocked
Re: The Boy-child Should Also Be Domestically Inclined!!! by Nobody: 5:36pm On Nov 20, 2014
I advise every male child out there to learn domestic chores. I am presently in a situation that I cant even make a coffee for myself at the moment, not because I dont want to, but because I am very lazy when it comes to domestic chores. I regret not learning. Its not all the time a man should ask for assistance, some times a man needs a moment alone yet this laziness pushes the Jezebels into their dreams and fantasies at my expense.

1 Like

Re: The Boy-child Should Also Be Domestically Inclined!!! by Williamso(m): 5:39pm On Nov 20, 2014
angry
Re: The Boy-child Should Also Be Domestically Inclined!!! by kandiikane(m): 5:39pm On Nov 20, 2014
Godmother:
My younger brother is a good cook; can cook beans, yam, make eba and stew. The only problem is that he puts grounded pepper in his stew grin. My mum made sure she never treated him any differently while growing up and this has helped him to be a sensible and considerate young man.
A problem? is it that you don't eat peppery stew and like having the option of choosing when to eat your pepper or is it that the whole concept of ground pepper in stew feels weird to you?
Re: The Boy-child Should Also Be Domestically Inclined!!! by GlorifiedTunde(m): 5:39pm On Nov 20, 2014
Blackridge:
I believe a child should have balanced training. While a male child should be domestic, a female child should know certain things about a car and electrical appliances

That's why I love my girl like mad. If you turn to a truck she'll drive you.

I had to caution her not to change spare tyre anymore, that any man around will help her do it.

She even jump starts a car kiss
Re: The Boy-child Should Also Be Domestically Inclined!!! by Muzikluva(m): 5:45pm On Nov 20, 2014
nomabeeee:
I learnt how to do a lot of domestic work while I was growing up..if you will agree with me,mothers are only concerned about their girl-child being domestically inclined. They teach their girl-child probably because they feel knowing or doing domestic work is meant for just the female..

I personally don't agree to the fact that domestic work is meant for only the female..I think mothers should also teach their boy-child domestic work too..if you can teach your girl how to sweep,clean,cook,do the dishes and laundry then your boy should also learn that as well..it goes a long way..

The importance of the boy-child being domestically inclined is that when he grows up,he stands on his own.That knowledge helps him take care of his personal needs not to go about looking for someone to do it for him..this is my opinion...
I absolutely concur to this...some people do call me "olo wo sibi" in yoruba,lol.Ladies respect a man who can readily take care of himself and others.

1 Like

Re: The Boy-child Should Also Be Domestically Inclined!!! by Wisegeek01(m): 5:49pm On Nov 20, 2014
tpia6:
If you have money, hire a cook.

If not, eat at buka as long as its safe to do so.

Its not my business if some man somewhere does or doesn't know how to cook or do house chores.

What's it to me?

If you calculate the money wey you go take chop for Buka for one Year, you go take am build houz for Villa . ..

If a man can't boil common Hot Water

Omo Im own don finish ni*
beecos d Kain Shakara wey Im wife go do for am
E go regret why dem even born am sef*

*sips Alomo* shocked
Choi !! "omo dis Tin strong die"
Re: The Boy-child Should Also Be Domestically Inclined!!! by Nobody: 5:49pm On Nov 20, 2014
I agree with you 100%..its so annoying when my younger brother keeps picking my faults and in the name of boy he balances like a spoilt brat

I won't train my son's like that..thats why some men have taken we female as slave
Re: The Boy-child Should Also Be Domestically Inclined!!! by danbrowndmf(m): 5:55pm On Nov 20, 2014
[quote
author=optimistcandyboy post=28194253]my sisters do the kitchen jobs,
me...i put on the generator, plug the electronics and service my babe on
a regular basis grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy[/quote] wallai u gah me laughn so hard,ur a mad man wallai.cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Boy-child Should Also Be Domestically Inclined!!! by Adamsdelrio(m): 5:55pm On Nov 20, 2014
I'm the 1st of four boys and my mother really taught us a lot about doing almost all domestic chores. We learnt not to depend on our mother to labour herself on some chores we could assist her with. Sometimes, I and my brother shared and rotated the work among ourselves and we really enjoyed competing with one another. Grooming a male child domestically will not only benefit his parents but also his prospective family. Girls are not born with special abilities to do these things. They are taught to do it. Boys too can learn to do them.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Boy-child Should Also Be Domestically Inclined!!! by zyzxx(m): 5:56pm On Nov 20, 2014
It left for the mothers. And there is time for everything.
Re: The Boy-child Should Also Be Domestically Inclined!!! by milkytea(f): 5:56pm On Nov 20, 2014
YourCoffin:
Men will always be men. If you like teach them till thy kingdom come, it will come a time when he would dump all those stuff and start frequenting restaurants. House chores and cooking are really tiring for most men. When I mean tiring, I mean tiring.

For instance, my mum trained me quite well in that aspect. I can cook virtually everything. But right now I only boil noodles and I'm good to go. No time for all those pounding and turning of pots. Very few men retain their cooking skills as they grow because naturally they would prefer not to cook, especially ones that require time and extra care. They are just not that organized and focused as women and therefore cooking is really a hardwork for them.

If you have to force your boys to learn to cook, prepare to buy countless pots and make sure you have a fire extinguisher ready somewhere.

I guess you have never heard of male chefs.
Re: The Boy-child Should Also Be Domestically Inclined!!! by iamord(m): 6:01pm On Nov 20, 2014
It sounds alien to me cos of how I was brought up. Well with a family filled with boys as the majority its bad to leave the work for the girls. My dad was even a good cook and u dare not be in your room or living Room when he is cooking. This has shaped me. where by I don't need a woman to cook for me or go to an eatery before I eat a good meal. And that's how is suppose to be. now there seems to be a shift. Its like girls do less or nothing while guys do more chores. Can't tolerate that!!!
Re: The Boy-child Should Also Be Domestically Inclined!!! by iamord(m): 6:03pm On Nov 20, 2014
milkytea:

They are even better than the women
Re: The Boy-child Should Also Be Domestically Inclined!!! by Nobody: 6:04pm On Nov 20, 2014
Krisddon:

Yes all but we go to car-wash to take our bath. smiley

Your first comment made as much sense as your second one wink
Re: The Boy-child Should Also Be Domestically Inclined!!! by iamord(m): 6:07pm On Nov 20, 2014
exthar87:
I agree with you 100%..its so annoying when my younger brother keeps picking my faults and in the name of boy he balances like a spoilt brat

I won't train my son's like that..thats why some men have taken we female as slave

Its good to train your son to do chores. But don't let it be one sided. A guy is always adventurous. If because your parents did it this way to u. And u do it the otherr way round to him. U could bring up a monster. just make him have that feel that he is suppose to do it. But don't over do things.

1 Like

Re: The Boy-child Should Also Be Domestically Inclined!!! by danbrowndmf(m): 6:13pm On Nov 20, 2014
I School in NAIRALAND men dnt cook here.
Re: The Boy-child Should Also Be Domestically Inclined!!! by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 6:16pm On Nov 20, 2014
Do whatever you want with you children, they are yours, stop worrying about others and things you can't control, in fact if you want don't teach anything to your girl ooo in revenge of what you went through, I only hope when people realize she's not a marriage material, you won't curse her or start prayer sessions
Re: The Boy-child Should Also Be Domestically Inclined!!! by Nobody: 6:17pm On Nov 20, 2014
iamord:

Its good to train your son to do chores. But don't let it be one sided. A guy is always adventurous. If because your parents did it this way to u. And u do it the otherr way round to him. U could bring up a monster. just make him have that feel that he is suppose to do it. But don't over do things.

Why would I do one sided
Do u want my daughter to become a barbie doll
Re: The Boy-child Should Also Be Domestically Inclined!!! by Nobody: 6:18pm On Nov 20, 2014
danbrowndmf:
which kin signature b dis naw.na stilll d same tin jare.u jus wan gv "WE" broke Guys hope.cheesy

you no like am?

1 Like

Re: The Boy-child Should Also Be Domestically Inclined!!! by YourCoffin: 6:19pm On Nov 20, 2014
milkytea:

Yep, because it's fetching him money. When money is involved, they would be extremely creative in the kitchen just like me. No money, no sweat- their mantra.
Re: The Boy-child Should Also Be Domestically Inclined!!! by danbrowndmf(m): 6:22pm On Nov 20, 2014
Kachisbarbie:

you no like am?
some how.buh 50% of Rich guys dnt value ladies dy meet wen dy are already made.
Re: The Boy-child Should Also Be Domestically Inclined!!! by Nobody: 6:23pm On Nov 20, 2014
Blackridge:

I prefer to change four car tyres than to touch an open electrical socket with a 'tester' or whatever....
Chai, I hate anything electrical. Not like I have ever been shocked o, but I just don't like it. cry

2 Likes

Re: The Boy-child Should Also Be Domestically Inclined!!! by holatin(m): 6:49pm On Nov 20, 2014
Dis is a post of a frustated gurl dat do all house chore while d guy play ball.
Tell me who need it more even as a guy, a gurl dat gonna match me in house chores and cooking go learn from a gene.

1 Like

Re: The Boy-child Should Also Be Domestically Inclined!!! by Emmalot121(m): 6:51pm On Nov 20, 2014
nomabeeee:
I learnt how to do a lot of domestic work while I was growing up..if you will agree with me,mothers are only concerned about their girl-child being domestically inclined. They teach their girl-child probably because they feel knowing or doing domestic work is meant for just the female..

I personally don't agree to the fact that domestic work is meant for only the female..I think mothers should also teach their boy-child domestic work too..if you can teach your girl how to sweep,clean,cook,do the dishes and laundry then your boy should also learn that as well..it goes a long way..

The importance of the boy-child being domestically inclined is that when he grows up,he stands on his own.That knowledge helps him take care of his personal needs not to go about looking for someone to do it for him..this is my opinion...
Why are people still dragging this irrelivant issue in 21st century? I heard this story when I was a day old, xx yrs after, the story is still repeated as if its never being heard. Let me educate you, if a boy is domestically inclined, that doesn't mean he's gonna help his wife(ves) in kitchen. Far from it!
Helping in kitchen is a thing of choice, a person who has never being in kitchen can still help his wife(ves). Knowing how to cook and do house chores only makes you independent of female gender.
The best cooks in the world are male, if they weren't thought to cook, who did? Enough of trying to make men look sober over matters that do not exist. There are a lot of spoilt women out there who cannot cook and do house chores, if there are differences btw number of males that can cook and do house chores, it can only be marginal. angry
Re: The Boy-child Should Also Be Domestically Inclined!!! by Nobody: 6:56pm On Nov 20, 2014
Girls want to be treated equally , don't be surprised when men start asking to make fighting with girls a normal thing

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Why Do Men Think Women's Lives Cannot Go On Without Marriage? / Her Husband Lied About His Job / Meet Dora Akunyili’s 6 Children & Read What They Do For A Living

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.