Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,011 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:01 AM

The Boy-child Should Also Be Domestically Inclined!!! - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Boy-child Should Also Be Domestically Inclined!!! (22288 Views)

Opinion: The Boy-child Should Not Be Domestically-inclined Primarily / LOCK Your Spouse UP! A Cure For Domestically-Violent Partners!!! / Boy-child or Girl-child, does it matter? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Boy-child Should Also Be Domestically Inclined!!! by Alfred234(m): 8:13pm On Nov 20, 2014
i think its a good tin for a male child to be domestically inclined, maybe its because my mom doesn't have a female child datz why she taught me and my brother how to do house chores but am glad she did. i luv doing house chores i luv cooking its fun but i hate washing of clothes because if my hands stay in water for too long i get this weird pains on my fingers dunno why sha but apart from dat i enjoy other house chores.

1 Like

Re: The Boy-child Should Also Be Domestically Inclined!!! by Nobody: 8:27pm On Nov 20, 2014
tpia6:
If you have money, hire a cook.

If not, eat at buka as long as its safe to do so.

Its not my business if some man somewhere does or doesn't know how to cook or do house chores.

What's it to me?

You'll also hire someone to sweep your selfcontained room and wash ur cloths. You think domestic work is just cooking.
Re: The Boy-child Should Also Be Domestically Inclined!!! by Nobody: 8:28pm On Nov 20, 2014
iamord:

Correct babe. I met a babe that is a definition of Lazy. So annoying and not willing to learn. I smh when i see her cos she does not know what's in front of Her.she has become ugly and old to me .
well I don't want my daughter to look up to that kind

I think that babe is from a royal lineage
Re: The Boy-child Should Also Be Domestically Inclined!!! by jevic(m): 8:34pm On Nov 20, 2014
T's a good thing for the male child to know how to do house chores and also learn how to cook. Maka echi.
Re: The Boy-child Should Also Be Domestically Inclined!!! by ogtavia(m): 8:35pm On Nov 20, 2014
nomabeeee:
I learnt how to do a lot of domestic work while I was growing up..if you will agree with me,mothers are only concerned about their girl-child being domestically inclined. They teach their girl-child probably because they feel knowing or doing domestic work is meant for just the female..

I personally don't agree to the fact that domestic work is meant for only the female..I think mothers should also teach their boy-child domestic work too..if you can teach your girl how to sweep,clean,cook,do the dishes and laundry then your boy should also learn that as well..it goes a long way..

The importance of the boy-child being domestically inclined is that when he grows up,he stands on his own.That knowledge helps him take care of his personal needs not to go about looking for someone to do it for him..this is my opinion...

I have four sisters and no brother,so obviously,one would expect dt I wud do no real domestic work...how wrong,growing up,my mother made sure I was in d kitchen helping out each time dere was work,I did everything my sisters did,infact time came,when we had to make rosters for chores,I swept,mopped,cleaned,washed,cooked,cut,grinded,all kinds of jobs,however,one chore I hated so much and begged to be exempted from was sweeping,infact,I preferred washing plate and cutting d lawn arnd our house to sweet..I was,lemme say..sweepophobic...lol...I didn't rily get it @ first,my mom was always on my neck,she wanted me to do everything...I thot she hated me,one day,I asked her why she was always on my neck,she said,I want u to grow up to be a responsible man,I didn't get it,but looking back at it now,I honestly appreciate d discipline more,...so,yes,d male gender shud be groomed to be domestically inclined,makes him respect and appreciate women more....I draw boundaries to what my sisters do today,I dnt let them lift heavy things if I am there,I dnt let them pound,I neva let dem pull d gen those days we had gen dt start by pulling,I dnt let them walk long distances or take cabs if I can help it,if it fits into my routine/time,I drop them off and pick them up,look,I am nt hear to blow my trumpet,nt all....I am only highlighting au my mum trained me and au it made me see d women folk in a new light(at least d deserving ones nt d ones who give d female gender a bad name) ; to be loved,cared for,respected,treated with gentleness,softness,dignity and above all,never to be mistreated in a way..call me a chauvinist or accuse me of chivalry...dts ur own bottle of coke.
Re: The Boy-child Should Also Be Domestically Inclined!!! by oshaosha2014(m): 8:39pm On Nov 20, 2014
if it is not a way of thinking that aligns with the western world it is deemed "wrong mentality." You are losing your identify gradually. And when you are fully lost you will have no history about yourself. It is the west that will start writing ur history for you.
Re: The Boy-child Should Also Be Domestically Inclined!!! by Fourwinds: 8:54pm On Nov 20, 2014
YourCoffin:
Men will always be men. If you like teach them till thy kingdom come, it will come a time when he would dump all those stuff and start frequenting restaurants. House chores and cooking are really tiring for most men. When I mean tiring, I mean tiring.

For instance, my mum trained me quite well in that aspect. I can cook virtually everything. But right now I only boil noodles and I'm good to go. No time for all those pounding and turning of pots. Very few men retain their cooking skills as they grow because naturally they would prefer not to cook, especially ones that require time and extra care. They are just not that organized and focused as women and therefore cooking is really a hardwork for them.

If you have to force your boys to learn to cook, prepare to buy countless pots and make sure you have a fire extinguisher ready somewhere.
so u think is not tiring for women too rite. if u know it is tiring den learn to appreciate women in dis regard . I'm a man., I do all dis things with ease. u say men are not organise in dis respect. I put it to u dat some men are well organise using myself as a reference point.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Boy-child Should Also Be Domestically Inclined!!! by MrHighSea: 9:06pm On Nov 20, 2014
Just dnt lyk d kitchen, bt IT MUST ALWAYS B CLEAN. Cn kuk for myself grudgingly. Buka dy, notin dy hapen.
Re: The Boy-child Should Also Be Domestically Inclined!!! by YourCoffin: 9:11pm On Nov 20, 2014
Fourwinds:
so u think is not tiring for women too rite. if u know it is tiring den learn to appreciate women in dis regard . I'm a man., I do all dis things with ease. u say men are not organise in dis respect. I put it to u dat some men are well organise using myself as a reference point.

Okay! Woman no dey cook for me. So which woman you wan make I appreciate?
Re: The Boy-child Should Also Be Domestically Inclined!!! by YourCoffin: 9:14pm On Nov 20, 2014
Mushood:
u are rite bro cos am a victim of wat u said above. I cooks everything I wanna eat even wen my gf come visiting. But stil, I get tired of cooking some days and I will prefer going to canteen. COOKING IS NOT EASY THOUGH!!! GBOSA to housewives

Second gbosa for them!

1 Like

Re: The Boy-child Should Also Be Domestically Inclined!!! by Nobody: 9:39pm On Nov 20, 2014
Both male and female children should be domestically inclined, imagine dating a guy whose house is always dirty, whose toilet is brown and you can't even remove your shoes in his house. I intend to train all my children same way, cleaning and cooking won't be gender specific. Imagine cooking with your husband, it will be fun, I remember when my sister travelled sometime for about few weeks, when she returned, the only thing her son was saying was meatpie, he even knew the road to the eatery, 2 year old boy fa

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Boy-child Should Also Be Domestically Inclined!!! by homesteady(m): 9:42pm On Nov 20, 2014
gidjah:
HABA AUNTY!stop messin up d men(not d boys)!my dad is a great cook,he influenced my cooking skills alot.i am now a full blown fine man wit a familly,my sweety no fit do of any shakara wit cooking at all,when they r away, i do my thing. hav not bin to a restaurant for about 15 years now!thats my principle,No eating outside, DO YOUR COOKING YOUR SELF!EVEN WHEN AM OFF TO WORK ,I COOK MY FOOD.my staff (married& d likes)would be like...mr MiKe na wa for you o!bla bla bla bla non sense non sense!.. but trust me now,its has become a culture and ritual wit me,and it has helped me in saving a great deal people

at bolded - 15 years without eating in a restaurant shocked I'm not trying to call you a liar, but I don't think it's possible! Dont you travel? do you cook all the food you'll eat before you travel?
don't you treat yourself specially sometimes like going to any top eatery?
When you are with your pals, and you guys are hungry, do you normally run home to cook for all of them?

restaurants are very essential in life, eating there is not bad!
Re: The Boy-child Should Also Be Domestically Inclined!!! by gidjah(m): 9:42pm On Nov 20, 2014
deennest:

You neva chop for restaurant for about 15yrs!!! nah nah... u dont work in lagos!!! grin grin

Restaurant; where it's almost the only means to get regular meals
was in lag in 99,and i noticed wot u said.but i am in f c t now 4ova 9yrs nw n stil countin my no eatin outside thing even though e didnt easy o!
Re: The Boy-child Should Also Be Domestically Inclined!!! by gidjah(m): 9:44pm On Nov 20, 2014
laykorn:

Mr Mike,I'm sorry but it seems like you've got girl hormones in you. You talk like one. grin
Ayamlaykorn
na so god create me bros
Re: The Boy-child Should Also Be Domestically Inclined!!! by stinggy(m): 9:47pm On Nov 20, 2014
CoCoLav:

He will help his wife in the kitchen when he grows up. Secondly, if he can cook for himself, he won't have time for end time girls. He is also a pro at anything frying: Chicken, fish, plantain and potatoes. By the time he turns 14 he will know how to cook rice, stew and beans very well. He already knows how to cook yam porridge to an extent. All na step by step grin grin
Help his wife cook in the kitchen while his mates her in the bar angry
He can only help on sundays, and should be just to taste the salt angry

Cook for himself? When there are many eateries

Just stop it pls! The lessons. It's okay where it is now. It won't be nice to take it further...
Re: The Boy-child Should Also Be Domestically Inclined!!! by CoCoLav(f): 9:51pm On Nov 20, 2014
stinggy:

Help his wife cook in the kitchen while his mates her in the bar angry
He can only help on sundays, and should be just to taste the salt angry

Cook for himself? When there are many eateries

Just stop it pls! The lessons. It's okay where it is now. It won't be nice to take it further...

The males in my family are very good cooks, I won't allow him to be an exception.
Re: The Boy-child Should Also Be Domestically Inclined!!! by gidjah(m): 9:55pm On Nov 20, 2014
homesteady:

at bolded - 15 years without eating in a restaurant shocked I'm not trying to call you a liar, but I don't think it's possible! Dont you travel? do you cook all the food you'll eat before you travel?
don't you treat yourself specially sometimes like going to any top eatery?
When you are with your pals, and you guys are hungry, do you normally run home to cook for all of them?

restaurants are very essential in life, eating there is not bad!
i neva said it is bad pls,just trying to point out how it has helped me.i am not d traveling typ and even though if i do ,i do not eat,i spent 5yrs in d college without eating outside no be joke o!take it or leave it.d last time i travelled,i actually cooked 4d journey!i know lots of terrible people wont believe this! But its just d truth
Re: The Boy-child Should Also Be Domestically Inclined!!! by vision2050: 9:58pm On Nov 20, 2014
concoction rice and the likes is enough for me no time grin
Re: The Boy-child Should Also Be Domestically Inclined!!! by Daresh(f): 10:02pm On Nov 20, 2014
Thats why I love my parents. It's as an adult I realised men think they should not work. Everybody dey cook for our house. Wash plates, wash toilet scrub floor, wash car, change bulb. No man and woman work, all na the same.
Re: The Boy-child Should Also Be Domestically Inclined!!! by homesteady(m): 10:03pm On Nov 20, 2014
are there boys who are not domestically inclined?
from what I've read here, the bone of contention is about cooking! is cooking the only domestic work in the house? so if there are 5 children in the family, all of them should be taking turns on when to assist the mother in the kitchen or all of them should be in kitchen while the mom is cooking?

I believe that in every African home, there are assigned domestic works for every child, except some very rich ones who have maids to attend to every work!
boys - sweeping the compound, washing and ironing his father's cloth and maybe his junior ones cloth, washing car, running errands, e.t.c
girls - COOKING, washing plates, sometimes sweeping the main house, washing her mother's clothes and some minor things like napkin!

in fact, most of this works are given based on seniority, you don't expect the 1st born to be sweeping and the last born watching!
Re: The Boy-child Should Also Be Domestically Inclined!!! by am0s(m): 10:13pm On Nov 20, 2014
eleojo23:
You're correct. I learnt how to do most of the house chores before my sisters. Cooking, washing my siblings clothes, etc. I did all of that and still do whenever I'm at our family house (minus the clothe washing 'cos we are all grown up now). Back then, my mum even preferred my cooking to my sisters'.
I also learnt how to bake cakes and make doughnuts from my mum because I was her 'assistant' whenever she did it then.

Now that I'm on my own, I don't have problem managing myself. I go to the market to buy food stuffs and do the cooking (I don't like eating out).
I wake up early to make my breakfast (not just bread and tea!) before leaving for work by 7.30am.
no...
buh dey r free to learn
Re: The Boy-child Should Also Be Domestically Inclined!!! by peterjero(m): 10:16pm On Nov 20, 2014
YourCoffin:
Men will always be men. If you like teach them till thy kingdom come, it will come a time when he would dump all those stuff and start frequenting restaurants. House chores and cooking are really tiring for most men. When I mean tiring, I mean tiring.

For instance, my mum trained me quite well in that aspect. I can cook virtually everything. But right now I only boil noodles and I'm good to go. No time for all those pounding and turning of pots. Very few men retain their cooking skills as they grow because naturally they would prefer not to cook, especially ones that require time and extra care. They are just not that organized and focused as women and therefore cooking is really a hardwork for them.

If you have to force your boys to learn to cook, prepare to buy countless pots and make sure you have a fire extinguisher ready somewhere.
You jus nailed it Bro, I can cook, wash everybody clothes, mop floor, wash motor but men na only motor matter and work for money now concern me o, na mama BBC be my friend na for bole and fish.

1 Like

Re: The Boy-child Should Also Be Domestically Inclined!!! by homesteady(m): 10:20pm On Nov 20, 2014
gidjah:
i neva said it is bad pls,just trying to point out how it has helped me.i am not d traveling typ and even though if i do ,i do not eat,i spent 5yrs in d college without eating outside no be joke o!take it or leave it.d last time i travelled,i actually cooked 4d journey!i know lots of terrible people wont believe this! But its just d truth

I'm sorry to say this, it has not helped you at all! Instead you are suffering! Restaurants are not only for people who don't want cook, it is also for people to taste different kinds of food! Variety is the spice of life!
So for 5years you stayed in college, you never ate outside? you never ate things like fried rice, moin moin, and some special foods that students don't normally make?

1 Like

Re: The Boy-child Should Also Be Domestically Inclined!!! by kajoula(m): 10:26pm On Nov 20, 2014
nomabeeee:
I learnt how to do a lot of domestic work while I was growing up..if you will agree with me,mothers are only concerned about their girl-child being domestically inclined. They teach their girl-child probably because they feel knowing or doing domestic work is meant for just the female..

I personally don't agree to the fact that domestic work is meant for only the female..I think mothers should also teach their boy-child domestic work too..if you can teach your girl how to sweep,clean,cook,do the dishes and laundry then your boy should also learn that as well..it goes a long way..

The importance of the boy-child being domestically inclined is that when he grows up,he stands on his own.That knowledge helps him take care of his personal needs not to go about looking for someone to do it for him..this is my opinion...

U tok well my sister....God go multiply u. grin

1 Like

Re: The Boy-child Should Also Be Domestically Inclined!!! by Emmalot121(m): 10:35pm On Nov 20, 2014
homesteady:
are there boys who are not domestically inclined?
from what I've read here, the bone of contention is about cooking! is cooking the only domestic work in the house? so if there are 5 children in the family, all of them should be taking turns on when to assist the mother in the kitchen or all of them should be in kitchen while the mom is cooking?

I believe that in every African home, there are assigned domestic works for every child, except some very rich ones who have maids to attend to every work!
boys - sweeping the compound, washing and ironing his father's cloth and maybe his junior ones cloth, washing car, running errands, e.t.c
girls - COOKING, washing plates, sometimes sweeping the main house, washing her mother's clothes and some minor things like napkin!

in fact, most of this works are given based on seniority, you don't expect the 1st born to be sweeping and the last born watching!
You are right. There are so many chores no matter how simple that my sisters detest doing e.g switching on the generator. Some years ago when cutting of weeds, fetching of water was part of the chores, I did the most cos it was manly. My dad still cuts bushes around our house, even after mom said it was not to someone of his status. See, nature has given us our duties and that's what laid the foundation of Ile-Ife. Its left to us to carry out our duties diligently. smiley
Re: The Boy-child Should Also Be Domestically Inclined!!! by fdy11: 10:36pm On Nov 20, 2014
kreamidiva:
Imagine a 28 year old man asking his mum "am i even supposed to know how to turn on the gas?" angry
nor mind am na initial gra gra. Wen hungerr beat am,him go learn ow to cook
Re: The Boy-child Should Also Be Domestically Inclined!!! by hensben(m): 10:41pm On Nov 20, 2014
i can cook anything food..
Re: The Boy-child Should Also Be Domestically Inclined!!! by gabicon: 11:11pm On Nov 20, 2014
i am an only son and my parents stressed the importance for all their children being able to take care of themselves anywhere anytime and not depend on anyone. i drive to the market to buy food, i cook my meals,do the dishes, clean my house etc. i would definitely teach my kids to be self dependent it saves money and it brings prestige.
Re: The Boy-child Should Also Be Domestically Inclined!!! by Nobody: 11:26pm On Nov 20, 2014
All this useless femnists won't cease to amaze me their annoying posts.
Re: The Boy-child Should Also Be Domestically Inclined!!! by Nobody: 12:03am On Nov 21, 2014
GoodFaith:

I am a old man that wear true religion jeans
Cartier Glasses
I left home when I was between 20- 25
Make we see your chinese tru religon and carrier glasses please grin
Re: The Boy-child Should Also Be Domestically Inclined!!! by Godmother(f): 12:59am On Nov 21, 2014
kandiikane:

A problem? is it that you don't eat peppery stew and like having the option of choosing when to eat your pepper or is it that the whole concept of ground pepper in stew feels weird to you?

I meant to say my brother adds dry pepper to his stew, aside the reugular pepper you blend with your tomatoes
Re: The Boy-child Should Also Be Domestically Inclined!!! by KLand(m): 1:03am On Nov 21, 2014
Both boys and girls should be involved in domestic chores.

PS: if it is a family were boys do the farm work, then d girls can shoulder the chores alone.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? / Why Do Women Generally Want More Kids? / My Wife Burnt My Boxers Because I Didn't Give Her 30k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.