Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,329 members, 7,780,851 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:32 AM

Nysc Batch C'14 Posted to Niger State Let's Meet Here!!! - NYSC (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Nysc Batch C'14 Posted to Niger State Let's Meet Here!!! (22372 Views)

Nysc Batch C14 TARABA STATE Let's Meet Here / KADUNA STATE Nysc Batch C'14 Lets Meet Here Asap / NYSC BATCH C'14 ONDO STATE,LET'S MEET HERE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nysc Batch C'14 Posted to Niger State Let's Meet Here!!! by Dasameolgee(m): 12:39am On Nov 02, 2014
Borla24:
Helo, pls how much is d tf 4rm Abj 2 camp

From Abuja, a straight bus costs N1500.
But its cheaper when u break the journey.
Enter N200 to Suleja. From Suleja, u can get N600-N700 to Minna. Tell them you are droppin at Paiko, NYSC camp.
Re: Nysc Batch C'14 Posted to Niger State Let's Meet Here!!! by Nobody: 12:41am On Nov 02, 2014
kilmix:
am leaving for minna on monday

.. plz anyone with info about any good hotel in area were southerners reside in minna?

Yes lots of affordable hotels around depending on ur choice, pockets or taste, tunga area is mostly igbo and other southerners...
Re: Nysc Batch C'14 Posted to Niger State Let's Meet Here!!! by Nobody: 12:43am On Nov 02, 2014
fulfillment2020:
Plz who knows the GSM network that have good signal in Paiko and how's their strength ?

When we served, best was airtel, then glo...mtn was not too stable, cant say for now...but mtn rules minna as a whole
Re: Nysc Batch C'14 Posted to Niger State Let's Meet Here!!! by Nobody: 12:44am On Nov 02, 2014
ja2ken:
Pls, ow much is tp from abj to Niger, camp to be precise....?

From zuba park 700-800

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nysc Batch C'14 Posted to Niger State Let's Meet Here!!! by Nobody: 12:47am On Nov 02, 2014
zizeegal:
Plss any1 4rm imo state goin 2 niger..niger is soo fa cry]

Sometimes peace have minna bus, if u get the minna bus its 4k, then u drop at paiko, tell driver...if not u enter abuja from owerri then drop at zuba and pick minna bus
Re: Nysc Batch C'14 Posted to Niger State Let's Meet Here!!! by Nobody: 12:48am On Nov 02, 2014
phatjoe50:

Somebody told me N800 from Enugu using Peace Park.

U will enter bus to Minna, they will pass along the Camp.

Somebody told me, dunno if its true.
Re: Nysc Batch C'14 Posted to Niger State Let's Meet Here!!! by Nobody: 12:50am On Nov 02, 2014
Segunj8:
Pls does any1 hv d idea of d transport fare from Ibadan to Minna nd d no of hours it ll take. Thanks in advance

3500 should get u from ibadan to minna, at its between 8-10hrs or lesser depending on the bus or car u entered
Re: Nysc Batch C'14 Posted to Niger State Let's Meet Here!!! by Nobody: 12:53am On Nov 02, 2014
teelord1:
Please any idea on where 2 get Minna bus in lagos at a cheap rate, Cross country said #7500 it too much
Re: Nysc Batch C'14 Posted to Niger State Let's Meet Here!!! by moses4id(m): 5:00am On Nov 02, 2014
ciccerouno:

Go to idoo nsta takes 4k-4.5k

Or u follow lagos to ilorin (1-2k)

Ilorin-minna (1.5-2k)

Semis this one still make seance do u have idea of t-fair from ibadan to ilorin.
Re: Nysc Batch C'14 Posted to Niger State Let's Meet Here!!! by Borla24: 6:26am On Nov 02, 2014
Dasameolgee:

From Abuja, a straight bus costs N1500.
But its cheaper when u break the journey.
Enter N200 to Suleja. From Suleja, u can get N600-N700 to Minna. Tell them you are droppin at Paiko, NYSC camp.
. Tks
Re: Nysc Batch C'14 Posted to Niger State Let's Meet Here!!! by Nobody: 7:32am On Nov 02, 2014
Travelling Options for those travelling From Lagos to Paiko for the NYSC Orientation Programme

Everyone that had received their Call Up Letter and was posted to Niger State knows that the NYSC Permanent Orientation Camp is located at Government Secondary School, Paiko Minna-Abuja Road, Niger State. There are basically three mediums: by road, rail or by air. Niger is equally accessible by water but not directly from Lagos. I'm aware buses to Minna and environs from Lagos are available at Iddo, Oyingbo, Jibowu, Ojota, Agege and Berger depending on where you wish to take off. The cost by road is around between N3500 and N5500 depending on how you plan your journey.
1. Go to Iddo park, Oyingbo or Jibowu to get a bus directly to Niger. I'll suggest you board NSTA or other one operator available. They will take you to Minna. You have to book earlier and get there on time because the buses leave around 6am. On getting to Minna, just take a Chief Servant bus (N50) or a cab (N150) to Paiko. The camp is along the road before getting to Paiko town.

2. You can link up via Abuja. Just alight at Zuba. From Zuba Park, you'll get a Minna cab there. Don't forget to inform the driver you're going to Paiko. After alighting, cross to the other side of the road. You can either trek to the camp or take a bike there (N30). Paiko is located before you get to Minna.

3. You can go through Ilorin if peradventure you can't get a direct bus to Niger State. From Lagos, take a bus to Ilorin. At Ilorin, locate a Bida/Minna bound bus depending on the one you see. From Bida, take a bus to Minna. From Minna to Paiko follows thereafter.

4. Consider Booking a flight to Minna. As at my last check, it costs N25,500 and you'll land there. Thenceafter, get a cab to Paiko. I've no idea what that costs.

5. Fly to Abuja. Take a cab to Jabi Park. Take another to Minna and tell the driver you're are heading for the NYSC Camp, Paiko. It's along the road before you arrive at Minna.

6. If you can't still get a direct vehicle going to Minna, try the Lagos to Kaduna route. When you get to Kaduna, locate MANDO Motor Park and board a bus to either Minna or Paiko.

7. Locate buses going through Tagina. When you get to Tagina, alight from the bus & you'll can find Minna cars there. This is the shortest route to Niger from Lagos.

8. Board a train on Wednesday or Friday at the Iddo Railway Station. Trains plying the Lagos-Kano route could be your best bet if you don't want to go through the hassle of body pains as a result of the nature of the bad (federal) roads that lead to Niger State. First Class ticket to Minna costs N3000 while second class is N1900. From the rail station, take a walk to Mobil and get a vehicle heading to Paiko.

Additional Information
> The distance between Lagos and Paiko is about 640km. It takes an 8 to 12 hour journey by road to arrive there from Lagos, depending on various factors (weather, road condition, traffic, etc). A direct flight would take less than an hour. By rail, you'll arrive Minna about 24hrs after take off.

> The city is super hot here. I've become blacker than before. grin

> As of now, Niger is one of the most peaceful states in Nigeria. Therefore, it wouldn't be tenable to redeploy on the basis on insecurity. smiley

> Allawee in Niger State currently stands at N6000. Securing a good paying PPA could add to your income as well.

> If you like internet connection like me, I'm happy to inform you that Airtel and Glo are dead fast here. smiley

> Power supply, according to inhabitants of the state is constant for about 8-24hours daily. What do you expect? This is the power state! grin

> There is a lot of fish and yam to eat there. Come with your pestle and mortal. grin

> Niger State hosts a lot of historical and monumental sites such as Gurara Falls, Zuma Rock, Shiroro Dam, Kainji National Park, Kainji Dam and Zungeru (former seat of colonial government) amongst others.

We at MCAN await your arrival. We pray we will be able to help you protect your eeman and grant you all the help you may require. May Allah give you a successful service year. Ameen.
MCAN... Serving Islam through the nation.

PS: If there's anything clarification you want made, call me on 08182129259.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nysc Batch C'14 Posted to Niger State Let's Meet Here!!! by Segunj8(m): 9:57am On Nov 02, 2014
ciccerouno:

3500 should get u from ibadan to minna, at its between 8-10hrs or lesser depending on the bus or car u entered
Thanks bro, I can leave on tuesday b dat. Thank u
Re: Nysc Batch C'14 Posted to Niger State Let's Meet Here!!! by Segunj8(m): 10:16am On Nov 02, 2014
teelord1:
na so so great ife from d 1st page of d thread down here,
shey na bunch of oau students dey go Niger?
As in ehn, we plenty.. Dat camp go feel am
Re: Nysc Batch C'14 Posted to Niger State Let's Meet Here!!! by Olamidekaka: 10:20am On Nov 02, 2014
The only thing am concerned about is the social life in Niger, hope they have enough beer parlour, hangout spots..
Re: Nysc Batch C'14 Posted to Niger State Let's Meet Here!!! by ADUNOKIKI(f): 12:47pm On Nov 02, 2014
House,
in case my wahala too much, please dont be annoyed. I got info from Batch B coppers Niger nairaland thread, that one would be allowed into the camp if one gets there a day before camp opens to sleep over. I just need a back up plan incase that does not happen. Please any name of safe and VERY cheap hotel in Tunga or any area close to minna or paiko, just to pass the night. Thanks.
Re: Nysc Batch C'14 Posted to Niger State Let's Meet Here!!! by Nobody: 1:11pm On Nov 02, 2014
moses4id:

Semis this one still make seance do u have idea of t-fair from ibadan to ilorin.
Re: Nysc Batch C'14 Posted to Niger State Let's Meet Here!!! by Nobody: 2:51pm On Nov 02, 2014
Olamidekaka:
The only thing am concerned about is the social life in Niger, hope they have enough beer parlour, hangout spots..
Are you kidding me? When has getting drunk become social life? If you don't visit a beer parlour, you wouldnt get ill. Kindly quit drinking bro!
Re: Nysc Batch C'14 Posted to Niger State Let's Meet Here!!! by Nobody: 2:53pm On Nov 02, 2014
ADUNOKIKI:
House,
in case my wahala too much, please dont be annoyed. I got info from Batch B coppers Niger nairaland thread, that one would be allowed into the camp if one gets there a day before camp opens to sleep over. I just need a back up plan incase that does not happen. Please any name of safe and VERY cheap hotel in Tunga or any area close to minna or paiko, just to pass the night. Thanks.
No need of the hotel, go straight to the camp. People have already started arriving!
Re: Nysc Batch C'14 Posted to Niger State Let's Meet Here!!! by abdussalam(m): 2:59pm On Nov 02, 2014
Olamidekaka:
The people of Niger are cultured people. You can't easily get a beer parlour around. You would still live peacefully without alcohol. Quit drinking please!
Re: Nysc Batch C'14 Posted to Niger State Let's Meet Here!!! by Olamidekaka: 5:30pm On Nov 02, 2014
These people telling me to quit drinking are not jaiye jaiye people, I guess this Niger state would be boring o, once I get redeployment chance am out
Re: Nysc Batch C'14 Posted to Niger State Let's Meet Here!!! by Nobody: 5:40pm On Nov 02, 2014
Olamidekaka:
These people telling me to quit drinking are not jaiye jaiye people, I guess this Niger state would be boring o, once I get redeployment chance am out

My brother, any place wey no get relaxation spot na turnoff for me.

Add me up. 7C8F7525
Re: Nysc Batch C'14 Posted to Niger State Let's Meet Here!!! by Olamidekaka: 5:41pm On Nov 02, 2014
phatjoe50:

My brother, any place wey no get relaxation spot na turnoff for me.

Add me up. 7C8F7525

Ope o, Sabi person
Re: Nysc Batch C'14 Posted to Niger State Let's Meet Here!!! by teelord1(m): 6:33pm On Nov 02, 2014
Na 2 quick reach Iddo park early mormor 2moro mrng.......
Cross country bye bye 7500 ko 7500 nii tiffs hanhan because I don tell d guy say I b corper, shey na flight nii 7500 Aero contractors sef na 7k dat year sef
Re: Nysc Batch C'14 Posted to Niger State Let's Meet Here!!! by abdussalam(m): 8:46pm On Nov 02, 2014
Olamidekaka:

Ope o, Sabi person
maje ke gbomo gbomo gbe e lo nitorii aye ti o fe jo o
Re: Nysc Batch C'14 Posted to Niger State Let's Meet Here!!! by Nobody: 9:04pm On Nov 02, 2014
[quote author=abdussalam post=27662600] The people of Niger are cultured people. You can't easily get a beer parlour around. You would still live peacefully without alcohol. Quit drinking plea
Re: Nysc Batch C'14 Posted to Niger State Let's Meet Here!!! by abdussalam(m): 9:36pm On Nov 02, 2014
ciccerouno:

Who told u, lot of beer joint in tunga area, or inside barracks mammy market, very very much, just caution him to reduce drinking but i tell u you beer joints much
Tunga, a section of Minna doesnt represent the whole Niger State now. What if he gets posted to an area without beer palour, does it mean he wouldn't survive?
Re: Nysc Batch C'14 Posted to Niger State Let's Meet Here!!! by Nobody: 9:42pm On Nov 02, 2014
abdussalam:
Tunga, a section of Minna doesnt represent the whole Niger State now. What if he gets posted to an area without beer palour, does it mean he wouldn't survive?

Am using that as a microcosm bro
Re: Nysc Batch C'14 Posted to Niger State Let's Meet Here!!! by Olamidekaka: 10:15pm On Nov 02, 2014
Hangout spots is the key for me, I lived all my life in Lagos, I can't acclimatize in a non drinking area ooooooo(dull area)
Re: Nysc Batch C'14 Posted to Niger State Let's Meet Here!!! by Olamidekaka: 10:22pm On Nov 02, 2014
abdussalam:
maje ke gbomo gbomo gbe e lo nitorii aye ti o fe jo o

Seems like u are ALFA dats why d beer sight pisses u off
Re: Nysc Batch C'14 Posted to Niger State Let's Meet Here!!! by moses4id(m): 10:54pm On Nov 02, 2014
ciccerouno:

U can also take ibadan-ilorin-minna-paiko

how much is the fair from ib to ilorin and ilorin to mina.
Re: Nysc Batch C'14 Posted to Niger State Let's Meet Here!!! by moses4id(m): 10:59pm On Nov 02, 2014
teelord1:
Na 2 quick reach Iddo park early mormor 2moro mrng.......
Cross country bye bye 7500 ko 7500 nii tiffs hanhan because I don tell d guy say I b corper, shey na flight nii 7500 Aero contractors sef na 7k dat year sef
So where are u planing to go from ido or where cos me want to move on Tuesday from ido.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Brig-Gen Yusha'u Dogara Ahmed Appointed New NYSC DG / 2013 Ogun State Batch 'C ' Corp Members / I Clocked 30 In July, Can I Still Make It To Nysc?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.