Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,321 members, 7,780,794 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:22 PM

15 Signs That Confirm You’re A Typical Nigerian - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / 15 Signs That Confirm You’re A Typical Nigerian (31080 Views)

Some Superstitious Beliefs In A Typical Nigerian Traditional Society / A Typical Traditional Marriage List In Igboland (expo) / Typical Nigerian Behavior (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 15 Signs That Confirm You’re A Typical Nigerian by Nobody: 2:12pm On Dec 31, 2014
yungest:
alryt...S/O 2 my 9ja peeps ooo.

na NEW YEAR I see so
chai OLUWA has done it again
DELSU pikin
Re: 15 Signs That Confirm You’re A Typical Nigerian by ogaofficer(m): 2:14pm On Dec 31, 2014
Dreyl:
seriously who gave you
even if you postrate and your chest is not close to the ground. . . . That is when you start heaRing histories like "Your father will never greet me like that, bloody fool how old are you" or "Dnt be silly is that how to greet? My friend postrate and say good morning sir" or if you are a lady "hmmmn, you will soon get marry, and i will be suprise if you cant kneel down to greet your mother In-law" NIGERIAN PARENTS I HAIL THEE.

3 Likes

Re: 15 Signs That Confirm You’re A Typical Nigerian by Richy4(m): 2:14pm On Dec 31, 2014
I have friends from different country including Afican countries. I have Observed them and I guess we Nigerians do a lot of number 2.
Re: 15 Signs That Confirm You’re A Typical Nigerian by Nobody: 2:14pm On Dec 31, 2014
macof:
Rubbish and useless. There's no such thing as a typical Nigerian, a man is only typical to his tribe/ethnic nation.
I don't even do up to 5 of those shit on the list
I smell lies

2 Likes

Re: 15 Signs That Confirm You’re A Typical Nigerian by romzyxy(m): 2:14pm On Dec 31, 2014
mehn look at his singlet dnt knw if it was white b4. I smell photo shop work here
Re: 15 Signs That Confirm You’re A Typical Nigerian by Richiy(f): 2:14pm On Dec 31, 2014
Dreyl:
why didn't you slap the woman back, is she insane?

Lets say I was timid when growing up. Lol.

1 Like

Re: 15 Signs That Confirm You’re A Typical Nigerian by Ultimate001: 2:15pm On Dec 31, 2014
ezeonline2:

I didn't smile in d course of reading it. Does that make me a non-nigerian?

1 Like

Re: 15 Signs That Confirm You’re A Typical Nigerian by olusegun1990(m): 2:16pm On Dec 31, 2014
1.You Shout Up NEPA.
Power is still a big problem in Nigeria,if you’ve lived or still living in Nigeria you know what I am talking about. So you get excited and screamUp Nepa!when the electricity comes on? My friend you’re a Nigerian.
2.You wear Special Outfit for Sundays or Fridays.
We Nigerians are very Religious people and very few of us are Godly,sad truth. We don’t joke with our Religious activities. Most Nigerians reserve the best of the best clothes for Sundays (for the Christians) and Fridays(for the Muslims). In fact offering time in churches are like fashion shows with everyone trying to cat walk and show off their beautiful dresses .
3.You don’t ask people their age and you don’t like to tell people your age.
Except it’s something official we don’t like to tell or ask people their age. We Nigerians see asking someone’s age, especially if the person is older than you very disrespectful.
4.You’re boisterous and always Speak loud in Public.
Nigerians are very noisy and energetic people,it’s not diffi11.You use very often phrases like:
Eh wo, Ehen, Chineke, Che, Ah-Ah, Yepa! God forbid , by God’s Grace,Nawa o!Wetin sef!No worry ,Go joor! etc
12.You know what chin chin, puff puff, or moin moin are14.You like to add “O” to a lot of your talk.
e.g Na wa o,Leave me o,O boy!,Na Now o!
15.You read all the above 14 signs and smiled in between

u try sha bt nt all nigeria shout up nepa again bcause of standby generator

special outfit are 4 kids on sabbath day

y asking age when its nt necesary

loud voices are nt given 2 everybody only few people.when some people talk bearly will d pason near dem will hear wot they are saying

gud research but not best enough somepoint dere is general 2 d world entirely
Re: 15 Signs That Confirm You’re A Typical Nigerian by Galadimabawa: 2:18pm On Dec 31, 2014
U are APC or PDP
Re: 15 Signs That Confirm You’re A Typical Nigerian by misreal(m): 2:18pm On Dec 31, 2014
i do all.dis is why I think I should be the president of naija..

1 Like

Re: 15 Signs That Confirm You’re A Typical Nigerian by Nobody: 2:22pm On Dec 31, 2014
Naija no dey carry last
Re: 15 Signs That Confirm You’re A Typical Nigerian by sparko1(m): 2:34pm On Dec 31, 2014
nickz:
16:when you over-emphasize on younger ones greeting you

this thing is annoying ehn

"have you greeted me today,greet me jor,you no dey greet person abi,so because you greet me for morning you no wan. greet for afternoon abi??,tell me thank you(after eating)"

i wanted to ask one lady for direction sometime ago,she looked like someone in her mid or late 30's.i approached and said "hi,excuse me ma,where is garrison street around here"

the woman replied with "so you can't greet"
this thing pain me ehn!!!
you wan chop the greeting ni??

Trust me Don't even try that in yoruba land, you will be ignored. It's remind me of when I was signing my course form in ibadan, I spent days just to get a signature.
Re: 15 Signs That Confirm You’re A Typical Nigerian by Bigcake: 2:40pm On Dec 31, 2014
macof:
Rubbish and useless. There's no such thing as a typical Nigerian, a man is only typical to his tribe/ethnic nation.
Then you must be a foool. What the fvcken pride for? Nonsense.....

1 Like

Re: 15 Signs That Confirm You’re A Typical Nigerian by Bigcake: 2:43pm On Dec 31, 2014
Fulaman198:

Adamawa State
Boko Harams are not typical Nigerians, maybe you are from Chad, therefore this thread is not for you....

2 Likes

Re: 15 Signs That Confirm You’re A Typical Nigerian by caprini1: 2:45pm On Dec 31, 2014
Lolz....you did not add "are you the last person" at an ATM machine queue.
Re: 15 Signs That Confirm You’re A Typical Nigerian by Iyowuski: 2:46pm On Dec 31, 2014
Re: 15 Signs That Confirm You’re A Typical Nigerian by ssuccess(m): 2:56pm On Dec 31, 2014
[color=#550000][/color] Number 3 is done almost everywhere

1 Like

Re: 15 Signs That Confirm You’re A Typical Nigerian by tuffgongjo(m): 2:57pm On Dec 31, 2014
Richiy:

You don ever chop slap for not greeting ?

Because I have. It wasn't funny o.
Are you a Yoruba?
Re: 15 Signs That Confirm You’re A Typical Nigerian by clemz88(m): 2:57pm On Dec 31, 2014
macof:
taah! Sharap. What are you forming for. If they check out now ajepako better pass you

1 Like

Re: 15 Signs That Confirm You’re A Typical Nigerian by LieDetector(m): 2:58pm On Dec 31, 2014
Who else thinks op is a kid

2 Likes

Re: 15 Signs That Confirm You’re A Typical Nigerian by barnabas91: 2:59pm On Dec 31, 2014
Nawa o....here in france, we nigerians don't ðo any of this.....shioor grin
Re: 15 Signs That Confirm You’re A Typical Nigerian by yungest(m): 3:02pm On Dec 31, 2014
ALKARULEZZ:
DELSU pikin
baba Alka....I greet u O.....happy new year
Re: 15 Signs That Confirm You’re A Typical Nigerian by Nobody: 3:03pm On Dec 31, 2014
yungest:
baba Alka....I greet u O.....happy new year
lol baba....new year don reach for ur coast? E stil remain lyk 9 hours for Waffi here o
Re: 15 Signs That Confirm You’re A Typical Nigerian by Rawani: 3:06pm On Dec 31, 2014
Fulaman198:
I guess I'm not a typical Nigerian. I don't believe in flaunting or speaking loudly.

You beat me to it. Loud speech seems to be characteristic of certain tribes, most tribes up north epecially the Fulani speak more calmly and are less boisterous. Take that meekness for weakness at your own risk though grin

3 Likes

Re: 15 Signs That Confirm You’re A Typical Nigerian by Mightyguy(m): 3:07pm On Dec 31, 2014
netizenbuzz:

Like I hate calling my older siblings aunty or brother. I'm like is it written in your birth certificate
so wat do u cal dem?
Re: 15 Signs That Confirm You’re A Typical Nigerian by OLUJOSHINS(m): 3:12pm On Dec 31, 2014
macof:

Live & let live

1 Like

Re: 15 Signs That Confirm You’re A Typical Nigerian by Ruty88(f): 3:13pm On Dec 31, 2014
macof:
lyk crious? Den u r a typical nigerian coz u just lied

1 Like

Re: 15 Signs That Confirm You’re A Typical Nigerian by devanz(m): 3:14pm On Dec 31, 2014
nickz:

"have you greeted me today,greet me jor,you no dey greet person abi,so because you greet me for morning you no wan. greet for afternoon abi??,tell me thank you(after eating)"

i wanted to ask one lady for direction sometime ago,she looked like someone in her mid or late 30's.i approached and said "hi,excuse me ma,where is garrison street around here"

E be lyk say u know. d tin tire me sef

1 Like

Re: 15 Signs That Confirm You’re A Typical Nigerian by gbodimowo(m): 3:23pm On Dec 31, 2014
Re: 15 Signs That Confirm You’re A Typical Nigerian by Raphode(m): 3:23pm On Dec 31, 2014
tryinq an imaginary number wit d hope of havinq a successful call card ;Dtryinq an imaginary number wit d hope of havinq a successful call card

1 Like

Re: 15 Signs That Confirm You’re A Typical Nigerian by streetzdreamz(m): 3:26pm On Dec 31, 2014
Richiy:

You don ever chop slap for not greeting ?

Because I have. It wasn't funny o.
. Very funny,I hate dis greeting issue cuz naturally ion greet pple will just take a peek @ ya n look d oda way,wat pisses me off most is greeting an older man n replying with *pele o* or a hand gesture like am dumb,I tend to nt greet such an individual again,d fellow dat slapped u must be rili pained lols...just giggling @ d scenerio,tar!!
Re: 15 Signs That Confirm You’re A Typical Nigerian by Nobody: 3:28pm On Dec 31, 2014
nickz:

Nothing annoy me pas this particular one, that's how i embarrassed one woman one day, we met somewhere, she walked up to me and said, aren't xxxx younger brother? I said yes, she said ok, so you don't know how to greet, i said No, she was startled. Then she said, you have to learn how to oo. I said ok and walked away.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ezeuzu Awka Officially Opens His New Palace (Photos) / Pictures From Igbo-Ora Twins Festival 2022 / Onyeka Nwelue: Anyone Who Eats Or Drinks At A Funeral Lacks Conscience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.