Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:07 AM

Lets Talk About Estonia - Travel (317) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lets Talk About Estonia (875070 Views)

Are There Nigerians In Estonia? / Need Information On This Three European Country Latvia,estonia & Lithuania / Estonia Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (314) (315) (316) (317) (318) (319) (320) ... (399) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by alexiej(m): 12:32pm On Dec 29, 2018
Dslizz:

I believe it depends on a lot of factors like
1. Your previous academic grade.
2. I believe choosing a course that plays to your own strength is very important.
3. Your MOTIVATION LETTER.....(very important)
4. Your supporting documents I think
5. Don't forget God in your dealings bro..... Pray
Gurus in the house please feel free to add or correct anyone you feel I missed or shouldn't be among...

Heard your interview also matters a lot. For those that will have to write test, that too.
My own course doesn't require test, but I need to know what kind of questions to expect.

Anyone that has done Skype interview for University of Tartu, pls can you post the kind of questions you were asked?
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by alexiej(m): 12:47pm On Dec 29, 2018
chaiks:
will try tallin university. Applied to tartu last year . But couldn't make it.any tip on how to perfect my application.

Can you pls list the questions that you were asked during the Skype interview to Tartu?
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Suplexx: 4:12pm On Dec 29, 2018
alexiej:

Heard your interview also matters a lot. For those that will have to write test, that too.
My own course doesn't require test, but I need to know what kind of questions to expect.

Anyone that has done Skype interview for University of Tartu, pls can you post the kind of questions you were asked?

Why not apply first. It is not time for interview yet. Interview is mostly your motivation letter.
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by alexiej(m): 7:04pm On Dec 29, 2018
Suplexx:

Why not apply first. It is not time for interview yet. Interview is mostly your motivation letter.

Alright
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by chaiks: 12:31pm On Dec 30, 2018
Dslizz:

I believe it depends on a lot of factors like
1. Your previous academic grade.
2. I believe choosing a course that plays to your own strength is very important.
3. Your MOTIVATION LETTER.....(very important)
4. Your supporting documents I think
5. Don't forget God in your dealings bro..... Pray
Gurus in the house please feel free to add or correct anyone you feel I missed or shouldn't be among...
you are right bro. I recieved a mail from d coordinator of my program on why I was rejected last year and she hinted that how well the motivation letter is written will determine if one will get up to the 66per cent score to stand a chance of being admitted.now, when I revisitedthe motivmotivation letter I submitted, I discovered some mistakes(grammatical), and structural problems. And most importantly, tartu is competitive may be due to its high ranking. I think effort should be placed more on the motivation letter and prayer and see if this year's application ill be fruitful.
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by chaiks: 12:33pm On Dec 30, 2018
alexiej:

Can you pls list the questions that you were asked during the Skype interview to Tartu?
I didn't make it to d interview stage.
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by mymzo48: 2:08pm On Dec 30, 2018
chaiks:
you are right bro. I recieved a mail from d coordinator of my program on why I was rejected last year and she hinted that how well the motivation letter is written will determine if one will get up to the 66per cent score to stand a chance of being admitted.now, when I revisitedthe motivmotivation letter I submitted, I discovered some mistakes(grammatical), and structural problems. And most importantly, tartu is competitive may be due to its high ranking. I think effort should be placed more on the motivation letter and prayer and see if this year's application ill be fruitful.

Please which programme did you apply to then?
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by chaiks: 9:16pm On Dec 30, 2018
mymzo48:

Please which programme did you apply to then?
international relations
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by mymzo48: 9:33pm On Dec 30, 2018
chaiks:
international relations

Thanks
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Dslizz: 9:38pm On Dec 30, 2018
chaiks:
It will be fruitful for everyone who steps on this thread including me by the grace of God ....... But we need to rally now.....please
No whatsapp group yet..... Let's bare everything out here..... Happy new year in advance

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Dslizz: 10:52pm On Dec 30, 2018
alexiej:

Okay bro, whatever you do just make sure it's in line with what is being asked..... Shalom
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by adebayogates(m): 12:21pm On Dec 31, 2018
Suplexx:

I don't think so, for CyberSecurity, it's all cyber security questions.

That was this year though, might have changed.
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Suplexx: 3:38pm On Dec 31, 2018
adebayogates:

I don't think so, for CyberSecurity, it's all cyber security questions.

That was this year though, might have changed.

These are exceptions
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Okoriekwe(m): 10:09am On Jan 01, 2019
Hello people, happy new year. Applications officially opens tomorrow. Hope you've got all your docs in tact.

A tip on writing motivation letters which I learnt recently is to include that you've reached out to a professor/alumnus/current student of the program who offered more insights on the course. You can thereafter talk about it. Most importantly, the word limit is key.
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by purplebloom: 12:19pm On Jan 01, 2019
Good afternoon and happy new year everyone. Please is there anyone applying for International Business Administration in TalTech?
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Okoriekwe(m): 12:37pm On Jan 01, 2019
purplebloom:
Good afternoon and happy new year everyone. Please is there anyone applying for International Business Administration in TalTech?

Second option in TalTech.
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by hustla(m): 9:11am On Jan 02, 2019
Okoriekwe:
Hello people, happy new year. Applications officially opens tomorrow. Hope you've got all your docs in tact.

A tip on writing motivation letters which I learnt recently is to include that you've reached out to a professor/alumnus/current student of the program who offered more insights on the course. You can thereafter talk about it. Most importantly, the word limit is key.

Time to check and review then
How have peeps been able to solve the travel stuff. To Estonia?
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Okoriekwe(m): 10:50am On Jan 02, 2019
hustla:

Time to check and review then
How have peeps been able to solve the travel stuff. To Estonia?

You may wish to read through previous comments on the issue here. It'll throw more light on your question.
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by hustla(m): 11:30am On Jan 02, 2019
Okoriekwe:

You may wish to read through previous comments on the issue here. It'll throw more light on your question.

shocked
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by naijatisumi: 12:41pm On Jan 02, 2019
Please can I apply for a master degree programme with my HND (UPPER CREDIT)
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Suplexx: 2:15pm On Jan 02, 2019
naijatisumi:
Please can I apply for a master degree programme with my HND (UPPER CREDIT)

I doubt.

Best you start your B.SC application now.

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by mokarios(m): 5:13pm On Jan 02, 2019
drmingler:
I also got admitted to EUAS

How are you going about the Visa process?
Kindly PM me.
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by shezpwiti(f): 8:54pm On Jan 02, 2019
Pls can i get a sample of the motivation letter?
Okoriekwe:

Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Okoriekwe(m): 10:51pm On Jan 02, 2019
shezpwiti:
Pls can i get a sample of the motivation letter?

Sure. I can send you one. But your best bet is to answer the questions on the motivation to study the course on DreamApply. You could also check Quora for precedent motivation letter. Kindly note that admission office don't take plagiarism likely. So, I would advise you to be mindful of sharing your motivation letter and also run yours by a plagiarism checker online.

Ps: Try to be 100% original. If you're quoting someone, include a citation/reference.

2 Likes

Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Pesb(m): 1:31am On Jan 04, 2019
[color=#000099][/color]

Please guys what is the step- by- step proces in applying for a phD program in computer science, University of Tartu

As a phD prospective student, do one need to travel to other nations with Estonian visa representations for visa applications?

Alternatively, can a phD applicant opt for Schengen visa after gaining admission

Is it possible for a phD student to travel with his spouse(no kids yet) Can one submit both passports for visas and TRP ?

Can a private accomodation provided by the university be shared with one's spouse Or is it better to get offcampus accomodation?

Do embassy request for SOA for phD students on full scholarship? If yes! What's the likely balance one should look at??

Do they accept fixed deposit investment in the student's name?

We are looking at 2019 September intake.
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Pesb(m): 1:34am On Jan 04, 2019
[Color=#000099]

Please guys what is the step- by- step proces in applying for a phD program in computer science, University of Tartu

As a phD prospective student, do one need to travel to other nations with Estonian visa representations for visa applications?

Alternatively, can a phD applicant opt for Schengen visa after gaining admission

Is it possible for a phD student to travel with his spouse(no kids yet) Can one submit both passports for visas and TRP ?

Can a private accomodation provided by the university be shared with one's spouse Or is it better to get offcampus accomodation?

Do embassy request for SOA for phD students on full scholarship? If yes! What's the likely balance one should look at??

[/color]
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Godxilla: 10:08pm On Jan 04, 2019
This is so true. I just fell victim of this today. I got a response stating that my motivation letter was plagiarized and that it is unacceptable. So guys pls check for plagiarism so that the little things won't be the reason why you won't be admitted. All the best.
Okoriekwe:

Sure. I can send you one. But your best bet is to answer the questions on the motivation to study the course on DreamApply. You could also check Quora for precedent motivation letter. Kindly note that admission office don't take plagiarism likely. So, I would advise you to be mindful of sharing your motivation letter and also run yours by a plagiarism checker online.

Ps: Try to be 100% original. If you're quoting someone, include a citation/reference.
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Okoriekwe(m): 7:16am On Jan 05, 2019
[/font]
Pesb:
[Color=#000099]

[font=Lucida Sans Unicode] I think the process applicable to MA applicants as per visa is applicable to
PhD Candidates too.

Response: Going to a Schengen country to apply for a visa and TRP to enter Estonia.

Response: Yes

Response: I think those in Estonia would be in a better position to answer this.

Response: If one gets the scholarship letter before visa interview I don't think it'll be necessary. However, I read here that they'll still require it at the Estonia embassy.

Response: I doubt if it's acceptable (I may be wrong though). This is because a fixed deposit cannot be accessed till a certain date and the essence of funds is to show that you have access to liquid funds during the program.

G[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
[/color]
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Okoriekwe(m): 7:17am On Jan 05, 2019
Godxilla:
This is so true. I just fell victim of this today. I got a response stating that my motivation letter was plagiarized and that it is unacceptable. So guys pls check for plagiarism so that the little things won't be the reason why you won't be admitted. All the best.

Oh really? When did you apply and to which school/course?

(1) (2) (3) ... (314) (315) (316) (317) (318) (319) (320) ... (399) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 / German Embassy And Visa / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.