Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,909 members, 7,802,958 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:18 AM

Lets Talk About Estonia - Travel (381) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lets Talk About Estonia (873964 Views)

Are There Nigerians In Estonia? / Need Information On This Three European Country Latvia,estonia & Lithuania / Estonia Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (378) (379) (380) (381) (382) (383) (384) ... (399) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by adejoro1988(m): 11:23am On May 17, 2021
@ KingBillionaire, quiet a long time, you said you wanted to forward a motivational draft letter to my email, just to remind you. adejorov@gmail.com

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by KingBillionaire(m): 11:39am On May 17, 2021
HERE IS AN APPOINTMENT BOOKING TEMPLATE

Hello Sir/Madam,

My name is kingbillionaire xyz ijk xyz from California tongue Nigeria, West Africa, born 12th January 2014.

I recently got admitted for a Master’s Degree programme at the prestigious Tallinn University, Estonia, department of xyz.

I write to seek a D-Visa appointment at your embassy somewhere around june or July ending 2021 so I can process my Study Visa.

Please could you give me a time that is convenient?

I look forward to positive feedback from your office.

Yours sincerely,
Kingbillionaire xyz
+23411112222322
Kingxyz@gmail.com

4 Likes

Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by KingBillionaire(m): 11:39am On May 17, 2021
adejoro1988:
@ KingBillionaire, quiet a long time, you said you wanted to forward a motivational draft letter to my email, just to remind you. adejorov@gmail.com

Hey man, so sorry. How v you been?
I will get it across to you today.
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by BelSprit: 3:57pm On May 17, 2021
What's the difference between the Egypt route and Dubai?
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Teaser4(m): 4:40pm On May 17, 2021
BelSprit:
What's the difference between the Egypt route and Dubai?
red sea.

2 Likes

Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by BelSprit: 5:39pm On May 17, 2021
Teaser4:
red sea.
Lol.
During my interview, was asked if I knew where to get an Estonian visa. Mentioned India, Egypt, Belgium and Turkey.
The lady suggested Dubai but that it will be discussed further.

3 Likes

Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Whales001(m): 7:49pm On May 17, 2021
adejoro1988:
@whales, Do ph.d candidate need a sponsorship too, since they will pay then stipen for the duration of their programme.
Am not too sure , but should you have a reasonable amount in your account to present as self sponsor I think you should be fine because they know PhD students enjoys monthly stipen from the govt.
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by BelSprit: 9:32pm On May 17, 2021
Whales001:
Am not too sure , but should you have a reasonable amount in your account to present as self sponsor I think you should be fine because they know PhD students enjoys monthly stipen from the govt.
What's the definition of a reasonable amount?
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Teaser4(m): 11:49am On May 18, 2021
BelSprit:

any amount that is reasonable... You're welcome

Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Mixedfruit: 12:09pm On May 18, 2021
please who can help in the admission processes B sc
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Whales001(m): 7:58pm On May 18, 2021
BelSprit:

Oga na you know as your pocket take be, apply if you have the means
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by KingBillionaire(m): 9:59pm On May 18, 2021
BelSprit:

Lol.
During my interview, was asked if I knew where to get an Estonian visa. Mentioned India, Egypt, Belgium and Turkey.
The lady suggested Dubai but that it will be discussed further.

Did you care to find out or ask why?
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by BelSprit: 10:09pm On May 18, 2021
KingBillionaire:

Did you care to find out or ask why?
I'm sure if all things fall into place, they will advise accordingly.
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by cuteesthy(f): 11:58am On May 19, 2021
kakakii:
Let me drop my contribution here from Estonia. . .

I will skip the school process and go on with the Visa Application...

i will say this, as a Nigerian your best bet is UAE in this period, but if you have other means such as India, turkey or Israel please try it.

Document Submitted for Visa Application

Estonia checklist

International Passport
Passport Photograph
Admission letter
Flight Reservation
Hostel Reservation ( paid for )
Personal Bank Statement ( 4m )
Bank reference Letter ( with stamp very important )
Sponsor letter ( notarized )
Sponsor bank statement ( 5m naira )
Sponsor reference letter ( with stamp, very important )
Application fee receipt
Travel Insurance ( swisscare dut com )
O'level result
School Fees Receipt
Visa Application Form

QUESTIONS ASKED DURING INTERVIEW

1. which school did you get admitted to?

2. why did you choose estonia and why this particular course

3. why didn't you use school hostel ? ( i told her i don't like it )

4. what is your plan after your studies ?

5. how many countries have you been to?

6. have you been rejected schenghen visa before ( i said yes portugal )

7. when was that ? ( i told her i don't remember the year )

8. my relationship with my sponsor

9. she asked how will i be able to support myself if my sponsor refuse ( i told her i will take part job )

apart from the 2nd question which i gave a very long answer, the rest just one word answer

i did my finger print and stayed in Hotel in Abu dhabi for 4 days , then i receive mail that my visa was granted

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FAQ

1. i am doing BSC ( the interview process and funds needed are mostly the same )

2. Latvia, Estonia and Lithuania don't care about your age if you are going for BSC ( i am age 29 - 31 ) . one my coursemate is a 40 year old man

JOB
there is no job in Estonia except you are very good in I.T, companies would sponsor you to school if you are very good in I.T

apart from I.T the only job available are delivery, uber and plate washing in restaurant ... you earn an average of 30-40 euro per day

if you have the money you can buy your own Uber car and be driving, it's much more better and you can make around 1500 euro monthly. just come with your Nigeria drivers license then you convert .. there is no job in Estonia but nothing is impossible

RENT

if you want to stay in hostel you will be paying around 200 euro monthly with utilities .. it's not bad at all

if you are looking to live outside the hostel please be ready to be frustrated, once you call landlord and they see you are a student, they stop picking your call, some will not pick your call again once they see you are black..

be ready to pay like 3 months rent upfront, you might be lucky, nothing is impossible

FOOD

food here is dirt cheap except you are looking for African food which is very very expensive ...

OVERVIEW ...

apart from the housing experience, there is nothing negative to say about Estonian, most are very nice ( but blunt ), job is not readily available but a lot of I.T opportunities, you also have access to other EU countries. it is very cold here, you only see sun 3 months out of 12 months. it's going to be hard at first believe me, weather can be depressing but you will get use to it as times goes on. also be ready for a lot of assignment, no matter the school you are going in Estonia, they gives assignment for fund and assume you know most things.

there are 3 major language in Estonia... English, Russian and Estonia language .. young adults speak English and Russia while the old speaks Estonian language , it can be frustrating because Russian speakers plenty pass English speakers ... Transportation is free in Tallinn via city bus

you can work 24/7 with your TRP in Estonia as long as you don't score below 51% in school, if you score below 51% you will be deported ( long story but the short version is you will be deported ). you can't bring your family if you are on BSC but you can bring your family after a year if you are on masters , you can bring your family immediately if you are on Phd.

you can't bring beef, milk or any dairy product into Estonia ( they seized my ponmon and beef at the immigration grin )

of course all i typed is based on my experience and others around me here, please don't take it as rule ...

DATE 15/05/2021 2:36

Wht are the chances of one staying back after studies

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by adejoro1988(m): 12:48pm On May 19, 2021
What have we done to deserve these....?

Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by adejoro1988(m): 12:58pm On May 19, 2021
My intending school accept both IETLS exam and PTE academic exam, which one is the easiest and much less complicated to pass. For those who have scale through the hurdles of international exams.
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by itsyenum: 4:52pm On May 19, 2021
Hi Everyone, i'm looking to study in estonia via the scholarship route. Has anyone tried it before i'll need all the help I can get. I intend to go for an undergraduate course
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by KingBillionaire(m): 6:46pm On May 21, 2021
Anyone know long it takes for Admission Team to confirm a wire transfer (Bank transfer) tuition payment?
I made the payment via Swift Eco-Bank?
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by adejoro1988(m): 1:32pm On May 22, 2021
This thread is getting more boring, Nigerian in Estonia what's up? @
Whales001,
KingBillionaire,
please let keep this thread active for we the prospective students can get more information.
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by BelSprit: 7:26pm On May 23, 2021
adejoro1988:
Whales001,
KingBillionaire,
please let keep this thread active for we the prospective students can get more information.
They have moved it to What'sApp.....
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Whales001(m): 8:29pm On May 23, 2021
adejoro1988:
Whales001,
KingBillionaire,
Mr Adejoro am with you guys good evening.....
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Whales001(m): 8:36pm On May 23, 2021
BelSprit:

They have moved it to What'sApp.....
I have no idea if a WhatsApp group was created in respect to everyone contribution here because I personally don't have such group and will advice we keep the communication on going here, it's transparent here, honest people to give you honest advice and first hand information. So please , it's all our responsibility to keep the tread alive for present and future communication. Good evening to you all
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by BelSprit: 8:17am On May 24, 2021
Whales001:
I have no idea if a WhatsApp group was created in respect to everyone contribution here because I personally don't have such group and will advice we keep the communication on going here, it's transparent here, honest people to give you honest advice and first hand information. So please , it's all our responsibility to keep the tread alive for present and future communication. Good evening to you all
Two WhatsApp groups have been created bro....check from pages 375
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by BelSprit: 11:48am On May 24, 2021
Conditionally accepted pending positive evaluation from ENIC/NARIC.....email dropped this morning.
God is faithful.
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by KingBillionaire(m): 1:24pm On May 24, 2021
BelSprit:
Conditionally accepted pending positive evaluation from ENIC/NARIC.....email dropped this morning.
God is faithful.

Congratulations man! You're doing great!
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by KingBillionaire(m): 1:29pm On May 24, 2021
Update!!!
I successfully made payment for 1st semester tuition using Form A.

It took a while but I would totally recommend it.
Someone wanted to help make the payment from overseas but he wanted me to pay in his naira account using black market rate 587/Euro which I declined as I would end up paying almost 1.1Mill.

I got 505/Euro at the bank though.

FORM A REQUIREMENT AND PROCESS:
- International Passport
- Payment Invoice from the University (printed copy)
- Conditional Admission offer (printed copy)
- Cash equivalent in Account
- FORM A Transactions are not free tongue: Add an extra 25-30k to the money to cover for bank charges for FX Transaction.
- on the field tagged purpose of payment: Please write "1st semester tuition fee payment for "name" "surname" and "invoice number"

WORTHY MENTIONS
- Delivery will take 48-72hrs (Eco Bank)
- After 48-72hrs, go to your bank and ask for a "Swift Telex Receipt", once they've given you this, make a copy and email to admission office.
- Admission office Will acknbowledge and ask account department to confirm payment.
- Confirmation by University accounts department will take another 48-72hrs
---------
BANKS AND THEIR TIMEFRAME:
- Eco Bank: 48-72hours
- GT Bank: 7-14days
- Sterling Bank: 7-10days

OFFICIAL FX RATE AS AT THE TIME OF THIS POST:
- Euro: 505Nairs to 1€
Dollars: 412Naira to 1$

Cheers!

3 Likes

Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by KingBillionaire(m): 1:32pm On May 24, 2021
KingBillionaire:
Anyone know long it takes for Admission Team to confirm a wire transfer (Bank transfer) tuition payment?
I made the payment via Swift Eco-Bank?

This took 3 working days. 72hours to confirm!
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by BelSprit: 1:55pm On May 24, 2021
KingBillionaire:

Congratulations man! You're doing great!
Na God do pass.....thanks brah!
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Ibevalentine: 3:34am On May 25, 2021
BelSprit:
God is faithful.

Which school?
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by BelSprit: 5:24pm On May 25, 2021
KingBillionaire:
Update!!!
I successfully made payment for 1st semester tuition using Form A.

It took a while but I would totally recommend it.
Someone wanted to help make the payment from overseas but he wanted me to pay in his naira account using black market rate 587/Euro which I declined as I would end up paying almost 1.1Mill.

I got 505/Euro at the bank though.

FORM A REQUIREMENT AND PROCESS:
- International Passport
- Payment Invoice from the University (printed copy)
- Conditional Admission offer (printed copy)
- Cash equivalent in Account
- FORM A Transactions are not free tongue: Add an extra 25-30k to the money to cover for bank charges for FX Transaction.
- on the field tagged purpose of payment: Please write "1st semester tuition fee payment for "name" "surname" and "invoice number"

WORTHY MENTIONS
- Delivery will take 48-72hrs (Eco Bank)
- After 48-72hrs, go to your bank and ask for a "Swift Telex Receipt", once they've given you this, make a copy and email to admission office.
- Admission office Will acknbowledge and ask account department to confirm payment.
- Confirmation by University accounts department will take another 48-72hrs
---------
BANKS AND THEIR TIMEFRAME:
- Eco Bank: 48-72hours
- GT Bank: 7-14days
- Sterling Bank: 7-10days

OFFICIAL FX RATE AS AT THE TIME OF THIS POST:
- Euro: 505Nairs to 1€
Dollars: 412Naira to 1$

Cheers!
Went to the bank to confirm some stuff. Looks like making part payment will make sense. Not a requirement for me tho, they only said deadline for 1st year payment is 19 Oct and 1st March.
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Dayzeeray: 1:02pm On May 28, 2021
Leanne07:
@KingBillionaire

Hello, thank you for sharing your experience. please what are tuition fees like for children?

(1) (2) (3) ... (378) (379) (380) (381) (382) (383) (384) ... (399) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 / German Embassy And Visa / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.