Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,133 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:41 AM

Need Help Intranet Issue - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Need Help Intranet Issue (668 Views)

Can You Create A Good Intranet Portal Using Dotnet Or Php / How Much Would You Take To Develop Ms Sharepoint Portal (intranet) / How Do I Build An Intranet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Need Help Intranet Issue by smartsoft(m): 12:56pm On Nov 18, 2008
(1) i don't fancy the programming part anymore,  just designs alone oja re  but it seems because they know i could work on it better if i have the solution to the problem.

My office want me to create an Intranet for them and for instance the department are upto 30, and also we have sub-departments too attached with this department.  they have little issue on expalin their daily duties on intercom phone instead they want me to create an interanet system whereby, i will create an interface design, and any of those department can logon to the interanet and find his/her details.

All office are been networked both WAN and LAN and am also using PHP/MYSQL and using WAMP Server as my webserver but what i don't understand is, is it possible for the engineer to create an Ip everyone will use to access the Webserver where i stored the application or they will have to connect to my WEB SERVER Ip which is 127.0.0.1/intranetpp/ or how will i do that,  i just want all differents department to be able to connect to my intranetapp and view the stored information created for them,
==========================================================================
(2)And also they might also ask me if i can allow their branches accross nigeria access the information like we have about 3 differents branches in lagos and 4 different branches outside lagos,  IB, PH, ABJ, KANO,  and our system has a proxyserver according the NETWORK ADMIN, and we run two (VSAT) but how can they connect straight to my WEBSERVER?

the first question is most important abeg

Thank you very much for your heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp
Re: Need Help Intranet Issue by jmslimx(m): 2:34pm On Nov 18, 2008
uche u either advice them to use windows share point or message me i would give u a better option tongue

(1) (Reply)

Web Programming: Which Computer Schools Are The Best / Grab This Offer Now - Opportunities Don't Always Wait For One / Make Your Choice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.