Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,238 members, 7,807,799 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:27 PM

Paid Super-moderator For Nairaland. Good or Bad? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Paid Super-moderator For Nairaland. Good or Bad? (3676 Views)

Super-Moderator Who Defeats Scammers & Spammers / Paid Super-moderator Who Updates The Front Page (comments Thread) / Paid Super-Moderator Who Updates The Home Page (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Paid Super-moderator For Nairaland. Good or Bad? by Toks2008(m): 4:09pm On Oct 29, 2014
Just read that Seun is in need of a super moderator(s) on a pay roll for nairaland and i must commend him for this initiative.

In-case Seun is not aware, i would like to let him know that nairaland remains the best among all other Nigerian online social fora but one area that puts me off is the delay in bringing to the front page contents of interest.

Many times we see a content that is already a stale gist coming up on the frontage a day or two after the news have appeared on other blogs and i am always like WHY?

I believe that with paid super moderators coming on board for nairaland,this site will regain its dominance as well as spring up in acceptability,relevance and also increase the traffic.

What do you think?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Paid Super-moderator For Nairaland. Good or Bad? by Nobody: 4:13pm On Oct 29, 2014
This super-moderator idea is very stupid. Other forums have only moderators (Ngakwe them) and admin(s). Which one come be super-moderator again?

Seun should've mentioned on the post how much he's willing to pay. I can't spend 24hrs daily on a business that wasn't created by me. Good luck on his search.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Paid Super-moderator For Nairaland. Good or Bad? by Toks2008(m): 4:20pm On Oct 29, 2014
charix:
This super-moderator idea is very stupid. Other forums have only moderators (Ngakwe them) and admin(s). Which one come be super-moderator again?

Seun should've mentioned on the post how much he's willing to pay. I can't spend 24hrs daily on a business that wasn't created by me. Good luck on his search.

You really need to understand what he meant by super moderators

First and formost i guess the moderators we have on nairaland presently are mostly volunteers if not all.

Nairaland is huge and its high time Seun understood and handle it as huge business.

I believe the idea is welcomed and it will reduce the trash contents on the frontpage like "picture of Tontoh dike and her maid"

Believe me,im always eager to visit linda ikeji blog not because i prefer it to nairaland but because latest gists are seen there realtime.

This is why nairaland should step up the game because to me,nairaland still remains the most exciting and visited social blog in Nigeria if not in Africa.

1 Like

Re: Paid Super-moderator For Nairaland. Good or Bad? by Nobody: 4:28pm On Oct 29, 2014
Toks2008:

You really need to understand what he meant by super moderators

First and formost i guess the moderators we have on nairaland presently are mostly volunteers if not all.

Nairaland is huge and its high time Seun treats it as huge business.

I believe the idea is welcomed and it will reduce the trash contents on the frontpage like "picture of Tontoh dike and her maid"

I guess if he paid his moderators then he would'nt have cause searching for 'super-moderators'. Just the idea of creating a hierharchy(sp?) above moderators is enough to make the existing ones disgruntled. Incentives can be created to make mods more dedicated to their jobs e.g. N200.00 credit at the end of the week. Nobody enjoys doing free work.

Speaking of moderators, Seun should create a system whereby its easy to tell by looking who the mods and 'super-mods' are because me and every other guest can't tell the difference unless when people mention who they are.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Paid Super-moderator For Nairaland. Good or Bad? by Toks2008(m): 6:28pm On Oct 29, 2014
Is it really important that we know them? Im just not cool with the lagging updates on the frontpage.
Re: Paid Super-moderator For Nairaland. Good or Bad? by Seun(m): 6:32pm On Oct 29, 2014
The problem with small incentives is that they annoy the best moderators, because such incentives are nothing compared to time they invest.
Re: Paid Super-moderator For Nairaland. Good or Bad? by Teettyllayho: 6:40pm On Oct 29, 2014
Seun:
The problem with small incentives is that they annoy the best moderators, because such incentives are nothing compared to time they invest.
. And is there no way these incentives can be increased?
Re: Paid Super-moderator For Nairaland. Good or Bad? by Seun(m): 6:42pm On Oct 29, 2014
Teettyllayho:
Moderators with hard sections will have to get much better incentives, and that will be perceived as unfair by those with smaller incentives.
Re: Paid Super-moderator For Nairaland. Good or Bad? by Ishilove: 6:45pm On Oct 29, 2014
Teettyllayho:
Fantastic question! Seun, can't these incentives be increased, especially for certain dedicated mods who spend above average time here?
Re: Paid Super-moderator For Nairaland. Good or Bad? by Ishilove: 6:50pm On Oct 29, 2014
Seun:
Moderators with hard sections will have to get much better incentives, and that will be perceived as unfair by those with smaller incentives.
You can't please everyone.

2 Likes

Re: Paid Super-moderator For Nairaland. Good or Bad? by Toks2008(m): 6:55pm On Oct 29, 2014
Seun:

I guess its just reasonable to pick from the best mods you have already since they have the experience.

I think the first place we should see breaking news is nairaland and this i will say again and again is the opium of any successful online informative and interactive blog or forum.

1 Like

Re: Paid Super-moderator For Nairaland. Good or Bad? by kedukc(m): 7:12pm On Oct 29, 2014
Interesting.
Re: Paid Super-moderator For Nairaland. Good or Bad? by j4sure(m): 9:15pm On Oct 29, 2014
Am interested .am in
Re: Paid Super-moderator For Nairaland. Good or Bad? by Dannyset(m): 9:51pm On Oct 29, 2014
Seun experience is key in chosing dis Super-human-moderator ur talking about. So let's hope he will stick to d above advices.
Re: Paid Super-moderator For Nairaland. Good or Bad? by major466(m): 10:47pm On Oct 29, 2014
I think I got what it takes to improve this site and make Mark Zuckerberg jealous of Nairaland. wink A bit of touches here and there and Nairaland will emerge the number one forum on the planet, out shining Facebook and Twitter. grin
Re: Paid Super-moderator For Nairaland. Good or Bad? by rulegirl(f): 10:49pm On Oct 29, 2014
I guess by this "super moderator" you mean someone that will be doing all those things you said in your original post. My brother, he must be really super as stated by you.

1 Like

Re: Paid Super-moderator For Nairaland. Good or Bad? by Nobody: 11:28pm On Oct 29, 2014
Seun:

@seen please am intrested in being a super moderator on the front page what's the procedure to apply
Re: Paid Super-moderator For Nairaland. Good or Bad? by mcpat(m): 11:35pm On Oct 29, 2014
Super moderator is not a new term, i was a super mod for a little forum in my sophomore year and admin for the defunct muf.mobi sites.. Seun I am surprised that there were not been paid!! Instead of looking for new ones why not create a salary structure for existing ones.. Mynd44 should be a supermod if my assumption is right.

4 Likes

Re: Paid Super-moderator For Nairaland. Good or Bad? by Superstar007(m): 11:37pm On Oct 29, 2014
rulegirl:
I guess by this "super moderator" you mean someone that will be doing all those things you said in your original post. My brother, he must be really super as stated by you.

Asin ehn. I can't do all those stuffs unless I'm getting at least a 6ix digit pay

2 Likes

Re: Paid Super-moderator For Nairaland. Good or Bad? by Emyo(m): 6:24am On Oct 30, 2014
Seun please give me this job. Let me do this job. I'm ready to work for you. Let me work for a whole 28days without renumeration, if within this period you find my work interesting, you can now retain me as your employee.

Seun I await your consideration.

1 Like

Re: Paid Super-moderator For Nairaland. Good or Bad? by Toks2008(m): 11:14am On Oct 30, 2014
Emyo:
Seun please give me this job. Let me do this job. I'm ready to work for you. Let me work for a whole 28days without renumeration, if within this period you find my work interesting, you can now retain me as your employee.

I like your doggedness.

1 Like

Re: Paid Super-moderator For Nairaland. Good or Bad? by oseiwe(m): 2:22pm On Oct 30, 2014
Emyo:

Have you seen the JD? cheesy
You go resign after the first week grin but first of all, the employment criteria na die angry
Its like the pay na 250k for a start oh tongue
Re: Paid Super-moderator For Nairaland. Good or Bad? by ediko5(m): 3:07pm On Oct 30, 2014
Seun i think you should really look at this job and consider employing two people for the job for effective performance.

Bringing traffic to Nairaland is another thing and also updating Nairaland homepage with breaking news is another task. Also i don't think is wise for one person to work all day long no matter the pay, nairaland is a big establishment so they should two people working on day and night shift. That's my own opinion.

1 Like

Re: Paid Super-moderator For Nairaland. Good or Bad? by Toks2008(m): 11:34pm On Oct 30, 2014
ediko5:
Seun i think you should really look at this job and consider employing two people for the job for effective performance.
Bringing traffic to Nairaland is another thing and also updating Nairaland homepage with breaking news is another task. Also i don't think is wise for one person to work all day long no matter the pay, nairaland is a big establishment so they should two people working on day and night shift. That's my own opinion.

That breaking news is very vital
Re: Paid Super-moderator For Nairaland. Good or Bad? by johnbimbo12(m): 11:49pm On Oct 30, 2014
ediko5:

Quite agree with you.. its a job for two good heads, which are better than one.
Re: Paid Super-moderator For Nairaland. Good or Bad? by smartigo: 12:08am On Oct 31, 2014
Really love to do this but this isn't an easy job o. I doubt if it can be combined with other jobs.

When people are paid, they are held accountable for their actions or inactions.

Seun, why don't you make use of those with experience and the new intake will handle lesser tasks or take the place of these elevated moderators.

3 Likes

Re: Paid Super-moderator For Nairaland. Good or Bad? by kyrios: 7:37am On Oct 31, 2014
I suggest seun should pick a super mod from the existing mods these guys have worked free enough at least evaluating and pick among them might be better or the mods can vote who they think should be the super mod at least then they would know they matter on nairaland but if you go ahead to just handpick believe me most of these mods would resign then you would be forced to start paying mods in each section please just look before you leap @seun
KYRIOS
Re: Paid Super-moderator For Nairaland. Good or Bad? by lalasticlala(m): 8:10am On Oct 31, 2014
Seun:

Y the delays most times in updating the homepage?

1 Like

Re: Paid Super-moderator For Nairaland. Good or Bad? by Nobody: 12:04am On Nov 06, 2014
After an undeserved ban by [REDACTED] I'm back in full force.

Firstly I've noticed my suggestion was considered regarding being able to easily recognize moderators. The reason I suggested that was so to easily identify who to annoy or thread on eggshells with when replying, it also gives a sense of organization.

@[REDACTED]
"When truth is replaced by silence, the silence is a lie."
-Yevgeny Yevtushenko

Secondly the unbanning of certain words in the sexual¡ty section should be looked into. It doesn't make sense and encourages serious minded people to look down on the forum.

Thirdly, I've noticed an upgrade in frontpage quality since super-mod employment but its a matter of time before my proposed sh¡tstorm takes place. I foresee a mass resignation of voluntarily-employed mods demanding paid wages.

[EDIT]

I'm still waiting for a "dislike" button to easily recognize trolls.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Paid Super-moderator For Nairaland. Good or Bad? by Nobody: 4:35am On Nov 06, 2014
Toks2008:
Is it really important that we know them? Im just not cool with the lagging updates on the frontpage.

The lagging with updates is because the moderators are filtering through rubbish posted every second before posting the best and most reliable news on frontpage. Personally I appreciate the lag because if you press the "new" tab and scroll through postings you'd see the amount of filth and spam they scan through.

Although I believe having fifty moderators as opposed to around twenty would speed and optimize the process but then again I feel technical skills are needed to become a mod and those type of skills are difficult to come across in Nigeria where every other man is hustling to adjust his stomach.

(1) (2) (Reply)

NLNG Ship Management Limited (NSML) Latest Job Recruitment / U N T H Medical/technical/administrative Job Advert ( Scanned Copy Attached ) / When Will Nigeria Immigration,prison And Cili Defence Recruit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.