Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,656 members, 7,801,905 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:03 AM

The Good News - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Good News (2714 Views)

What Is The Good News ? / The Good Samaritan - The Best Narrative In The Bible, Bar None. / Please Tell Me Why The Good Die Young (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Good News by Image123(m): 3:46pm On Nov 10, 2014
Mark 16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

The good news is to every creature.
Re: The Good News by Image123(m): 7:02pm On Nov 26, 2014
Luk 4:17 And there was delivered unto him the book of the prophet Isaiah. And when he had opened the book, he found the place where it was written,
Luk 4:18 The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor;

The good news is the gospel to the poor. There is good news for the poor, there is hope, there is a way out. God will make a way. What is good news to the poor? What is news to the poor? Poverty is not good news. Divine provision is good news. My God shall supply all your needs according to His RICHES, this is good news. God wants His people to be free from sin, living in victory, and not bound by their circumstances. the Master is Master over the storm, the silver and gold are still His. #the Good News

1 Like

Re: The Good News by dein77(m): 7:36pm On Nov 26, 2014
Image123:
Luk 4:17 And there was delivered unto him the book of the prophet Isaiah. And when he had opened the book, he found the place where it was written,
Luk 4:18 The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor;

The good news is the gospel to the poor. There is good news for the poor, there is hope, there is a way out. God will make a way. What is good news to the poor? What is news to the poor? Poverty is not good news. Divine provision is good news. My God shall supply all your needs according to His RICHES, this is good news. God wants His people to be free from sin, living in victory, and not bound by their circumstances. the Master is Master over the storm, the silver and gold are still His. #the Good News

That's the Good news. ...

1 Like

Re: The Good News by Image123(m): 11:32am On Nov 30, 2014
Rom 14:17 For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.
This is the good news. The Kingdom of God is not all about this is the meat to eat, this is the drink to offer. The kingdom of God is JOY, PEACE and RIGHTEOUSNESS. There is JOY in the Lord, not tension and gloom. In fact, there is a command to "Rejoice in the Lord always". There is peace in God and with God, that is good news; Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men. There is righteousness. We can actually live a righteous life at last. We receive POWER to become the children of God, the Sons of God. Jesus Christ the Son of God lived a righteous life. The good news is that we are His brethren, and can live out the kingdom life of righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Ghost. #the Good News.
Re: The Good News by shdemidemi(m): 12:37pm On Nov 30, 2014
^^Righteousness means right standing with God.

No add your condiments put o!
Re: The Good News by Image123(m): 4:24pm On Dec 04, 2014
Luk 1:67 And his father Zacharias was filled with the Holy Ghost, and prophesied, saying,
Luk 1:68 Blessed be the Lord God of Israel; for he hath visited and redeemed his people,
Luk 1:74 That he would grant unto us, that we being delivered out of the hand of our enemies might serve him without fear,
Luk 1:75 In holiness and righteousness before him, all the days of our life.

This is the Good News. This is what it means to be filled with the Holy Ghost. this is the prophecy that should be fulfilled through us, the things which are written concerning us. That he would grant unto us, that we being delivered out of the hand of our enemies might serve him without fear. Our arch enemy is satan the devil, that is the adversary. The good news is that we are granted deliverance, out of the hand of our enemies. Sin is our number top enemy, sickness is our enemy. Immorality, corruption, stealing, unforgiveness, debauchery, wickedness, these are our enemies. What a good news, that he would grant unto us, that we being delivered out of the hand of our enemies might serve him without fear. We can be delivered from these enemies. He came to deliver us from these enemies. When He proclaimed "It is finished", it was that we could now serve Him without fear. Serve Him in holiness and righteousness. This is your reasonable service. This is achievable, ALL THE DAYS OF OUR LIFE. Indeed, we have been below par. Can you imagine a Mercedes Benz jeep 2014 model, bought with good money. And they just park it in the bush, let your light SO shine that they may SEE. or the car is just moving around at 20km/hr from Lagos to Abuja. You would question that, right? This is the way we live as christians despite the good news. He granted us, delivered us, to serve Him, in holiness and righteousness ALL THE DAYS OF OUR LIFE. #the Good News.
Re: The Good News by An2elect2(f): 6:03pm On Dec 04, 2014
Hmmmm undecided
Re: The Good News by Image123(m): 10:31pm On Dec 05, 2014
Mar 13:10 And the gospel must first be published among all nations.
#the Good News.
Re: The Good News by Nobody: 10:40pm On Dec 05, 2014
Hiswordxray:
Not just the lost but Christians need to understand the good news in order to enjoy salvation. The verse that perfectly explained salvation is Col 1:13 which says " For He rescued us from the domain of darkness, and transferred us to the kingdom of His beloved Son". Now that we have been translated to the kingdom of God the questions are what is this kingdom? How do you live there? who are we in this kingdom? what are we suppose to do in this kingdom? etc. This reason why the gospel is a good news is base upon the nature of the kingdom we had been rescued from and the nature of the kingdom we had been translated to. Knowing this will help you understand the Gospel properly.

Perfectly said !

The good news Jesus preached even before his death was about the replacement of an evil kingdom where there is death , oppression and tears with another kingdom, God's kingdom, where death will be no more , all tears will be wiped away and oppression will cease.

A new kinhdom under the headship and lordship of Christ Jesus.
Re: The Good News by aletheia(m): 5:02pm On Dec 07, 2014
Nice thread!
Re: The Good News by Image123(m): 9:24pm On Dec 07, 2014
aletheia:
Nice thread!

Merciiii beaucoup. Good to read you again, long time.
Re: The Good News by Image123(m): 2:53pm On Dec 16, 2014
Psa 119:133 Order my steps in thy word: and let not any iniquity have dominion over me.

What better news than these? This is the gospel, that we can proclaim, and pray, and possess with all possibility the freedom from the dominion of sin. Let not ANY iniquity have dominion over me. Like Galatians 3 talked about "preached before the gospel unto Abraham", permit me to state that this was the gospel preached before unto the psalmist. Now, it is preached to us, iniquity can lose its dominion over you. Every iniquity, any iniquity. Your inner and outer struggles, your weakness and weak point, your vulnerabilities and insecurities, your easily besetting sins. Let not ANY iniquity have dominion over me. What a prayer, what good mews. God answers prayers today, Jesus had this one also in mind when He declared "It is finished". He came to set the captives free, deliverance to the captives. The people which sat in darkness saw great light; and to them which sat in the region and shadow of death light is sprung up. #the Good News.

1 Like

Re: The Good News by Image123(m): 5:45pm On Dec 18, 2014
Rom 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
While we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. #the Good News.
Re: The Good News by Image123(m): 11:44pm On Dec 22, 2014
Luk 4:43 And he said unto them, I must preach the kingdom of God to other cities also: for therefore am I sent.

I must preach the kingdom of God to other cities also. This is good news. The gospel is not for one place or community or tribe. The gospel is for everybody. I must preach the kingdom of God to other cities also, it is a MUST. Jesus saw it as a must. The kingdom of God, righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Ghost is not for one particular city, age, dispensation or denomination. People talk about a church or denomination being "holiness church, deliverance church" and other such qualifications. Every church and city, commission and ministry should have the gospel of the kingdom. As the father has sent Christ, even so has He sent us. #the Good News.
Re: The Good News by Image123(m): 12:59pm On Jan 01, 2015
Psa 144:14 That our oxen may be strong to labor; that there be no breaking in, nor going out ; that there be no complaining in our streets.
Psa 144:15 Happy is that people, that is in such a case: yea, happy is that people, whose God is the LORD.

That our oxen may be strong to labour. This is the plan and will of God for us His children. Our oxen depicts something we acquired to work for us. Our oxen symbolizes what we purchased, planned and got to produce for us. Our oxen ought to be strong to labour. If you got a phone, a car, a property to function and be productive for you, it ought to be strong to labour. It ought not to crash needlessly or develop unnecessary faults. It ought not to become a source of drain and pain, regret and wastage. That our oxen may be strong to labour; and that there be no breaking in, nor going out. This is your heritage, this is God's will and desire and focus. This is happiness, this is blessing. When the Bible says "Blessed", it refers to the same vein and state of being "Happy". Happy is that people, that is in such a case. Blessed is that people, that is in such a case. This is the case that God wants us to be in. #the Good News.

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Was Not Created. / What I Did Today In Church. (was It Wrong) / Questioning The Implausibilities 2 (reason Over Faith)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.