Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,908 members, 7,802,953 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:07 AM

Jonathan Receives N100.5m Donations To Buy PDP Form - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Receives N100.5m Donations To Buy PDP Form (23304 Views)

President Jonathan Receives Peace-loving Global Citizen Award (photos) / Anambra North: Oduah Picks PDP Form For Senate / President Jonathan Receives Tissue Papers Made By Students Of GSS, Abuja (PIX) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Receives N100.5m Donations To Buy PDP Form by etunoman76(m): 5:06am On Oct 30, 2014
President Goodluck Jonathan on Wednesday said he had received a total of N100.5m donations and pledges from persons, groups and communities who offered to assist him to pay for the Peoples Democratic Party’s presidential nomination fee.

The PDP’s Presidential Nomination Fee is N20m and its Expression of Interest Form is N2m, making a total of N22m.

Jonathan said he would pick the nomination form on Thursday (today).

In a statement by his Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Dr. Reuben Abati, the President thanked all Nigerians who he said had been urging him to seek re-election based on his administration’s achievement in the last four years.

The statement read in part, “President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan will tomorrow, Thursday, October 30 pick up the PDP nomination form for the 2015 Presidential elections.

“President Jonathan thanks all Nigerians, members of the PDP, friends, associates, and all groups who in sincere appreciation of the achievements of the administration in the last four years, have been urging him to seek a second term in office.

“President Jonathan is greatly encouraged by the overwhelming outpouring of goodwill and support, as well as the confidence of the generality of Nigerians in his ability to continue to transform the country for the good of its entire people.

“The President is also grateful to all the persons, groups and communities who have sent donations, and made pledges to assist him to pay the required N22m for the PDP Presidential Nomination Fee and Expression of Interest Form.”

Abati said 36 groups and communities donated to the buy-form-for-Jonathan fund.

According to the breakdown of the donations and pledges received by the President, the highest donors are the PDP Governors’ Forum and the Transformation Ambassadors of Nigeria that donated N22m each.

Jonathan assured the donors that he would continue to do his best to justify the confidence they reposed in his leadership.

http://www.punchng.com/news/jonathan-receives-n100-5m-donations-to-buy-pdp-form/

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jonathan Receives N100.5m Donations To Buy PDP Form by Omexonomy: 5:30am On Oct 30, 2014
So a lot of people realy and truly love this man and want him back

38 Likes

Re: Jonathan Receives N100.5m Donations To Buy PDP Form by guttentag(m): 5:48am On Oct 30, 2014
NA WASH

68 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Receives N100.5m Donations To Buy PDP Form by Provie(m): 5:51am On Oct 30, 2014
etunoman76:

“President Jonathan thanks all Nigerians, members of the PDP, friends, associates, and all groups who in sincere appreciation of the achievements of the administration in the last four years, have been urging him to seek a second term in office.

“President Jonathan is greatly encouraged by the overwhelming outpouring of goodwill and support, as well as the confidence of the generality of Nigerians in his ability to continue to transform the country for the good of its entire people.

http://www.punchng.com/news/jonathan-receives-n100-5m-donations-to-buy-pdp-form/

Where are we headed to in this country? When politics become the one and only meal ticket for a vast majority, make-believe and image laundering become a cover for the rot within. I ask where we are headed to because whether PDP, APC, etc, even the Press (which nurtured Abati who is now doing this dirty job for the PDP/Presidency) the perception is the same. By the time they finish "transforming this nation", they will realize that the harder task will be to transform the ravished value system of the average Nigerian.

54 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Jonathan Receives N100.5m Donations To Buy PDP Form by hydeka: 5:55am On Oct 30, 2014
that's alot of money

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Receives N100.5m Donations To Buy PDP Form by golddeejay(m): 6:07am On Oct 30, 2014
Abegi...who r the persons, groups and communities. Even if it true, then it is politically or financially motivated...it is just an investments and not donations. True donation is when average nigerians put in their money because of ur achievements or in the hope of gud governance

73 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Jonathan Receives N100.5m Donations To Buy PDP Form by Nobody: 6:10am On Oct 30, 2014
Who has got his digits?

I'd like to throw in my little.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Receives N100.5m Donations To Buy PDP Form by MyMouth(m): 6:30am On Oct 30, 2014
I rather borrow money and know am free from being indebted to any group or individual which will later prevent me from taking certain actions against some certain interest. By the way, wait till GEJ loses the election, the true secret of how this money was generated wud be reviled.

79 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jonathan Receives N100.5m Donations To Buy PDP Form by Nobody: 7:57am On Oct 30, 2014
na wa o all this money sha. nigeria is not moving forward with all this money we have. politicians just flexing the whole things

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Receives N100.5m Donations To Buy PDP Form by emmybliz(m): 7:57am On Oct 30, 2014
Re: Jonathan Receives N100.5m Donations To Buy PDP Form by bombayz(m): 7:57am On Oct 30, 2014
please who is Jonathan?. is he an artiste signed into Marvin records?undecided
I don't know this because i schooled in Franceundecided

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Receives N100.5m Donations To Buy PDP Form by davdandam(m): 7:57am On Oct 30, 2014
Hmmm ....chai nairalanders can space book for Africa grin heheheheh. ...Abeg make una raise money for me too na, I wan buy iPhone6. .........but wait o,is apc that broke or stingy or buhari no get fans so te him dey collect loan....who is he deceiving Smh.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Receives N100.5m Donations To Buy PDP Form by MillionDollars: 7:58am On Oct 30, 2014
all lies, just to say the people loves him, everybody has their life to live not donating money for one useless form

10 Likes

Re: Jonathan Receives N100.5m Donations To Buy PDP Form by mcdokwe(m): 7:58am On Oct 30, 2014
that's no news, he is the president for Christ's sake.

I call it political "seed sowing"
Afterall they are Still the group of people who will receive campaign funds.

Oga seun, please remove the Islamic declaration from my profile, I don't get where this is coming from or where it leads to. I am dazed to note that actual Muslims are not FORCED to make such declarations themselves.

CC Maclatunji
Deols

17 Likes

Re: Jonathan Receives N100.5m Donations To Buy PDP Form by politricks: 7:58am On Oct 30, 2014
golddeejay:
Abegi...who r the persons, groups and communities. Even if it true, then it is politically or financially motivated...it is just an investments and not donations. True donation is when average nigerians put in their money because of ur achievements or in the hope of gud governance
Who is deceiving who

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Receives N100.5m Donations To Buy PDP Form by Nobody: 7:58am On Oct 30, 2014
Its expected....He's Incumbent & in a better position to win the polls..

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan Receives N100.5m Donations To Buy PDP Form by kazmanbanjoko(m): 7:58am On Oct 30, 2014
Part of Money embezzled

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Receives N100.5m Donations To Buy PDP Form by rubii09: 7:58am On Oct 30, 2014
I voted for GEJ in 2011, I never knew he was incompetent. Time to correct that mistake.

82 Likes

Re: Jonathan Receives N100.5m Donations To Buy PDP Form by symbian03(m): 7:58am On Oct 30, 2014
Politics politricks social economytricks...... undecided

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan Receives N100.5m Donations To Buy PDP Form by S3un(m): 7:58am On Oct 30, 2014
Dis guy ee?? so how much come b PDP form?? and Wia d change follow??
Re: Jonathan Receives N100.5m Donations To Buy PDP Form by QMark: 7:58am On Oct 30, 2014
Another cheap script.

etunoman76:

Abati said 36 groups and communities donated to the buy-form-for-Jonathan fund.

To the nameless 36 groups and communities, that money would buy G.C.E form for about 10,000 poor Nigerian students. What happens to buy-form-for-poor-Nigerian-students fund?

45 Likes

Re: Jonathan Receives N100.5m Donations To Buy PDP Form by johnshagb(m): 7:59am On Oct 30, 2014
Unbelievable
Re: Jonathan Receives N100.5m Donations To Buy PDP Form by ToyozzieTohBad(f): 7:59am On Oct 30, 2014
shocked
Re: Jonathan Receives N100.5m Donations To Buy PDP Form by iyisco2001(m): 7:59am On Oct 30, 2014
Dey deceive us. Awon were, we go soon become Librated na. Nigeria and our poo.
Omg, I made fp this morning. Sign of good things coming. grin

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Receives N100.5m Donations To Buy PDP Form by gbodimowo(m): 7:59am On Oct 30, 2014
Who cares

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Receives N100.5m Donations To Buy PDP Form by datguru: 7:59am On Oct 30, 2014
This our Nigerian politicians sef, who do they think they are deceiving ? As if they don't have stolen billions. 100.5M donation ni . Mtcheeew

11 Likes

Re: Jonathan Receives N100.5m Donations To Buy PDP Form by Trillyonaire: 7:59am On Oct 30, 2014
Lmao
Re: Jonathan Receives N100.5m Donations To Buy PDP Form by MadCow1: 7:59am On Oct 30, 2014
Lol... grin

22 Million Naira .. grin

One Bayelsa Militant would foot the bill without hesitation.

This Jonathan has really empowered his fellow Bayelsans with contracts and jobs.. Just that the Nigga showed no Love to Rivers State during his tenure and rather created disunity in the state..

Jonathan will not win this Election, if APC does not field a Northern or Yoruba Candidate.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan Receives N100.5m Donations To Buy PDP Form by Bryan12(m): 8:00am On Oct 30, 2014
Hypocrites!_If you were in the shoes of his administration I bet you all would do same.Its like"giving"1k and"getting"10k in return cos they know he'd still win.Anyways if I no vote jonathan,na buhari abi okotie I won vote??

8 Likes

Re: Jonathan Receives N100.5m Donations To Buy PDP Form by adeyiga3(m): 8:00am On Oct 30, 2014
Who donated d money cos am sure its not me and u all, the money is from the people dat steals our money anyways sha dere is God ooooo

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan Receives N100.5m Donations To Buy PDP Form by Nobody: 8:00am On Oct 30, 2014
bombayz:
please who is Jonathan?. is he an artiste signed into Marvin records?undecided
I don't know this because i schooled in Franceundecided

guy you stupid o

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Receives N100.5m Donations To Buy PDP Form by Olarewajub: 8:01am On Oct 30, 2014
Oh really!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

2019 : How We Will Stop Mega Party – Oyegun / Nigeria's 'brown Envelope' Journalists - Aljazeera / I Deserve Ministerial Nomination, Says Lai Mohammed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.