Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,523 members, 7,808,902 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:04 PM

FG Withdraws Tambuwal's Security Details - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Withdraws Tambuwal's Security Details (51214 Views)

Breaking News: Court Orders IGP To Restore Tambuwal Security Details / Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker / IG Summons Amaechiā€™s Security Details & Chidi Llyod Over Crisis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Withdraws Tambuwal's Security Details by Mayorwer: 9:04am On Oct 30, 2014
dtruth3:
Just a security details withdrawal, and his supporters has started complaining. what then happens when GEJ comes down hard on Him!

Note: he is no longer the speaker, so he is no longer entitled to those security details. he lost the entitlement the day he decamped from the party on whose platform he was elected as a parliamenterian in the first
place, before becoming the speaker. so that singular act of defecting, has made him loose everything.

the Presidency, dosnt need a court action before it could do the
needful, because the constitution is so clear. Tambuwal is no longer a MEMBER of the House of Assembly, let alone its SPEAKER. because he has defected.

Chai! GEJ the BIG Boss

Tambuwal the LEARNER
you must be drunk on spirit, why didn't you get a copy of the 1999 constitution and peruse through before making unwarranted judgement here. There is no place in constitution where house member is mandated to leave his seat on action of decamping from party that brought him or her to office. Why do we allow ignorants to play with our sovereignty? Or are we now using PDP constitution in place of Nigeria constitution? Must every part of the Constitution favoured your so called corrupt, heartless, PDP? I pity our unborn ones.
Re: FG Withdraws Tambuwal's Security Details by FearGodinall: 9:05am On Oct 30, 2014
Some times get facts before we condemn less we become dumb and silly with our comments just as buhari who said before he left office,Nigeria were generating 3-4 thousand mw of electricity.
Re: FG Withdraws Tambuwal's Security Details by Omimah: 9:05am On Oct 30, 2014
bigblxd:
@ OP: Why is there so much ignorance on this platform. I just weep for the future of this country. My friend and neighbor is a very close aide to Tambuwal and I remember warning him to start looking for another job as soon as his boss decamps. The constitution is very clear on the defection of a lawmaker. A lawmaker can only defect and retain his seat if there is a merger of his party with other parties and he chooses not to be part of it (ie Opeyemi) or there is an established factionalisation in his party and the court has severally said that PDP is not factionalised.
Please lets leave sentiment and work towards a better and constitutional Nigeria. That is my dream!
My friend, read section 68 (1) (g) of the Constitution. A member can defect and still retain his seat if there is division in his party. Go study the state PDP is in Tambuwal home state, Sokoto. You think he is clueless?
Re: FG Withdraws Tambuwal's Security Details by Peterpan1(m): 9:06am On Oct 30, 2014
This is uncalled for, say what you can but this is an act of desperation from the presidency.

But is this report true.
Re: FG Withdraws Tambuwal's Security Details by alingo4life: 9:06am On Oct 30, 2014
One thing i like obasanjo for. You cannot try this with him.he would have u impeached i swear. Anyway Jonathan na mumu sha.

1 Like

Re: FG Withdraws Tambuwal's Security Details by ayindejimmy(m): 9:07am On Oct 30, 2014
isrecole:
If Tambuwal is principled as he want Nigerians to believe,he should be honest enough to resign the Speakership. Tanbuwal as a Lawyer knows the provisions of the 1999 Constitution. He cannot eat his cake and have a penny! Tambuwal should be honest with himself. APC as a party can never take it and APC should not expect PDP to accept it. How can the opposition preside in a House where the ruling party is in the majority? Haba,Nigerians should be honest!!
did PDP make Tambuwal Speaker in d first place? If nt 4 support 4rm APC wuldnt be a speaker bicos Gej had his own candidate bt opositn suport made Tambuwal win. So he's simply showing his apreciation.
The rule of d House is dat members shall elect a Speaker among themselves. Notin like majority must be Speaker.
PDP is jus being hypocritical. Mimiko joined PDP. He didnt resignd. Nw Tambuwal joined APC and PDP wants him to step down. Tell me, who ate his cake and till wants to have it?

1 Like

Re: FG Withdraws Tambuwal's Security Details by Ttalk: 9:07am On Oct 30, 2014
publisher:
What does the Nigerian constitution say about defection in the national assembly?

Those making reference to Mimiko's defection are ignorant,as the Nigerian constitution subtly permits defection by Governors.

The Law makers that defected to APC still have a case in court and as such the PDP cannot declare their seats vacant until there is a court ruling.

BUT Tambuwal does not have any case in court challenging the possibility/outcome of his defection and so what the Federal government did was to apply the constitution to the latter. [b]Tambuwal has defected from the PDP when there was no faction, division or crises rocking the party. [/b]This cannot not be said for other lawmakers that defected when the so-called New-PDP was formed.

Tambuwal has just ruined his political future.
angry

@ Bolded, allow the court to determine that anything outside that is impunity
Re: FG Withdraws Tambuwal's Security Details by Oringo1: 9:07am On Oct 30, 2014
courage54:
Jonathan must go ! We are tired.

Eyaaa!!!!sorry 000 !!!! You still have another 4 years to endure.......

Uncle Jona till we can generate 50,000 mega watts.........

1 Like

Re: FG Withdraws Tambuwal's Security Details by phemmyjohnson: 9:07am On Oct 30, 2014
PDP is now very afraid,
Jonathan is sweating like seriously.
Tambuwal - Giving PDP trouble since 2014

>

https://www.nairaland.com/1973562/tambuwal-jonathan-calls-emergency-pdp

1 Like

Re: FG Withdraws Tambuwal's Security Details by Aksonman: 9:08am On Oct 30, 2014
publisher:
What does the Nigerian constitution say about defection in the national assembly?

Those making reference to Mimiko's defection are ignorant,as the Nigerian constitution subtly permits defection by Governors.

The Law makers that defected to APC still have a case in court and as such the PDP cannot declare their seats vacant until there is a court ruling.

BUT Tambuwal does not have any case in court challenging the possibility/outcome of his defection and so what the Federal government did was to apply the constitution to the latter. Tambuwal has defected from the PDP when there was no faction, division or crises rocking the party. This cannot not be said for other lawmakers that defected when the so-called New-PDP was formed.

Tambuwal has just ruined his political future.
angry

You did not just hit the nail on the head with this point...you totally broke Tambuwal's head with it.
Very valid point, u be lawyer?

1 Like

Re: FG Withdraws Tambuwal's Security Details by Aksonman: 9:09am On Oct 30, 2014
Ttalk:

@ Bolded, allow the court to determine that anything outside that is impunity

But Tambuwal's case is not yet in court and the FG has to defend the constitution.
Re: FG Withdraws Tambuwal's Security Details by arcismail5467(m): 9:10am On Oct 30, 2014
[quote author=MichaelSokoto post=27572734]
I didn't hear dat Mimiko's security was withdrawn afta he decamped angry

Abi u hear?

Why must so called govt withdraw the security men from tambua very bad plan

1 Like

Re: FG Withdraws Tambuwal's Security Details by FearGodinall: 9:10am On Oct 30, 2014
kastonkastrol:
what the presidency did is highly wrong and uncalled for if this news is actually true. Tambuwal is a Nigerian first and he have every right to decamp to any party he wants. The ruling party should always follow due process whenever they want to displine or punish Nigerians. You cant just withdraw the security of the number 4 citizen in the country just like that. Is never done in any civilize nation.
but if it is not true how will you feel with all this knowing, why not confirm its reality before Showing your super inteligent
Re: FG Withdraws Tambuwal's Security Details by bashydemy(m): 9:11am On Oct 30, 2014
isrecole:
If Tambuwal is principled as he want Nigerians to believe,he should be honest enough to resign the Speakership. Tanbuwal as a Lawyer knows the provisions of the 1999 Constitution. He cannot eat his cake and have a penny! Tambuwal should be honest with himself. APC as a party can never take it and APC should not expect PDP to accept it. How can the opposition preside in a House where the ruling party is in the majority? Haba,Nigerians should be honest!!
Are you this daft? did the constitution indicate the party where the speaker or the senate president should come from? The house should left to decide by itself.
Re: FG Withdraws Tambuwal's Security Details by Omimah: 9:11am On Oct 30, 2014
anonimi:

And for how long will he be a member if PDP drags him to court
Tambuwal is not just a member, but also the Speaker of the House. PDP has the right to drag him to the court. On how long this would last, the court will decide.
Re: FG Withdraws Tambuwal's Security Details by Dominionng(m): 9:11am On Oct 30, 2014
isrecole:

...and what a reasonable DEMOCRATIC government have to do is to remove his security details? Please, say something else... undecided
Re: FG Withdraws Tambuwal's Security Details by Aksonman: 9:11am On Oct 30, 2014
Omimah:

My friend, read section 68 (1) (g) of the Constitution. A member can defect and still retain his seat if there is division in his party. Go study the state PDP is in Tambuwal home state, Sokoto. You think he is clueless?

Does crisis in a state chapter of PDP now mean that the whole PDP as a national party has been factionalized? Haba, u people sef.
Re: FG Withdraws Tambuwal's Security Details by micolaj: 9:11am On Oct 30, 2014
OGA JONA this is too much nao,wen u are nt a baby. To me,this issue is more than mere politics,it's becoming a life threatening's affairs.

2 Likes

Re: FG Withdraws Tambuwal's Security Details by david290(m): 9:12am On Oct 30, 2014
kastonkastrol:
what the presidency did is highly wrong and uncalled for if this news is actually true. Tambuwal is a Nigerian first and he have every right to decamp to any party he wants. The ruling party should always follow due process whenever they want to displine or punish Nigerians. You cant just withdraw the security of the number 4 citizen in the country just like that. Is never done in any civilize nation.
sorry sir,but is Nigeria a civilised country?
Re: FG Withdraws Tambuwal's Security Details by temitemi1(m): 9:13am On Oct 30, 2014
That's what I called power of fed govt or fed govt might... GEJ till 2019!!!
Re: FG Withdraws Tambuwal's Security Details by viczing(m): 9:13am On Oct 30, 2014
omenka:
Jonathan should be impeached before he burns this nation to the ground!! His desperation is getting out of hand!! angry

Source: http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/daily/top-stories/38229-
breaking-presidency-withdraws-tambuwal-s-security-details

Story for the gods, cry me a river angry
Re: FG Withdraws Tambuwal's Security Details by Omimah: 9:14am On Oct 30, 2014
Aksonman:

Does crisis in a state chapter of PDP now mean that the whole PDP as a national party has been factionalized? Haba, u people sef.
The Constitution does not specify.
Re: FG Withdraws Tambuwal's Security Details by MichaelSokoto(m): 9:14am On Oct 30, 2014
[quote author=arcismail5467 post=27572965][/quote]
I dey tell u my broda
D PDP supporterz are actually more clueless dan ever undecided
Re: FG Withdraws Tambuwal's Security Details by viczing(m): 9:15am On Oct 30, 2014
berem:
Desporado Jonathan got it wrong this time around. Why the hell should he do that?

angry

Cry me a river please
Re: FG Withdraws Tambuwal's Security Details by arcismail5467(m): 9:15am On Oct 30, 2014
melvin0004:
y must we wait to be push ard bf doing d needful.he shd hv step down as d speaker d day he moved to join apc.
why must mimiko continue with his own security when he decamped from lp to pdp and he was elected in by labour party
Re: FG Withdraws Tambuwal's Security Details by Etinosajay(m): 9:16am On Oct 30, 2014
pro01:

You ignoramuses should stop peddling this Mimiko 'example' all over the place. Read up what the Constitution says about members of the National Assembly defecting from one party to another [Section 68(1)g] before you come here to say rubbish. The same provisions do not apply to governors - that's why the PDP did not ask the likes of Nyako, Amaechi, Kwankwaso, etc to resign when they decamped from the PDP to the APC.

You must be as equally stupid as the false sections of the constitution you pretend to be quoting. That the constitution provides for national assembly members defection, but not governors in the same republic. How about senators who won election in one party and defected to another party? Does that section of the constitution you wrote, not compel them to resign too?

You were quick to spell out honesty, yet none of your posts exude any iota of honesty or intelligent reasoning.
Re: FG Withdraws Tambuwal's Security Details by Bimpe29: 9:16am On Oct 30, 2014
Again, GEJ and his presidency got it wrong! Isn't it happening over there in United State, where the reigning President and Speaker Of the House belongs to different political parties. Yet the official/statutory benefits accrued to the latter's office are not denied or restricted.
Re: FG Withdraws Tambuwal's Security Details by focus7: 9:17am On Oct 30, 2014
irunobo2:

You're calling for ban all because I ignored your PM God punish you
pls provide proof of my PM, though I know u are seeking for an attention. I was forced to go through ur profile and felt so much compassion for u, u really need attention before is too late.
Re: FG Withdraws Tambuwal's Security Details by bigblxd(m): 9:17am On Oct 30, 2014
Omimah:

So you know better than the courts that said that there is no division in PDP? Which court said that there is division in Sokoto PDP? Be whining there and refuse to face reality. Why can't we just be honest for once? If Tambuwal wasn't clueless, why did he hurriedly adjourn till Dec. 3. Pls this is not about you party affiliation but about constitutionalism.
Re: FG Withdraws Tambuwal's Security Details by arcismail5467(m): 9:17am On Oct 30, 2014
pasino26:
Aminu is a good man no doubt. I admire his understanding of the political terrain. He has always defected to the advancement of his political career. From his home state to the federal level. To me he's a good Nigerian politician; permanent personal objective no long term friend or foe.
na so
Re: FG Withdraws Tambuwal's Security Details by Bimpe29: 9:17am On Oct 30, 2014
arcismail5467:
why must mimiko continue with his own security when he decamped from lp to pdp and he was elected in by labour party
I wonder ooo.
Re: FG Withdraws Tambuwal's Security Details by viczing(m): 9:18am On Oct 30, 2014
berem:
Desporado Jonathan got it wrong this time around. Why the hell should he do that?

angry

Cry me a river please

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

See How Amosun Gave His Thugs Sign To Boo & Attack Buhari - Twitter Users Accuse / FG Introduces Stamp Duty On House Rent Agreement, C Of O, Others / FG Clamps Down On #EndSARS Promoters, Freezes Accounts - Punch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.