Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,425 members, 7,808,520 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:00 PM

FG Withdraws Tambuwal's Security Details - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Withdraws Tambuwal's Security Details (51211 Views)

Breaking News: Court Orders IGP To Restore Tambuwal Security Details / Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker / IG Summons Amaechi’s Security Details & Chidi Llyod Over Crisis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Withdraws Tambuwal's Security Details by Ttalk: 10:19am On Oct 30, 2014
For the people that are going frenzy because of Tambuwal defection, this is the release from House of Representatives declaring that Tambuwal remains the Speaker;

"The House of Representatives yesterday reacted to the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP’s, position that the Speaker, Hon. Aminu Tambuwal, should resign following his defection to the All Progressives Congress, APC.

The House said that there were no bases for that since Tambuwal was elected as Speaker by his colleagues.

It explained that the Speakership of the House, or any other national elective position, belongs to Nigerians and not the political platforms upon which such leaders emerge.

A statement by the Deputy Chairman, House Committee on Media and Public Affairs Matters, Hon. Victor Afam Ogene, stated that nobody could regulate the operation and procedure of the House from outside.

He expressed concern that less than 24 hours after Tambuwal’s defection, individuals, party chieftains and groups had gone on frenzy, dishing out varied interpretations to the decision.

He said: “Many of these commentators, rather than correctly stating what the true position of the law and the House rules are, take delight in advertising ignorance of both with some even advocating a recourse to anarchy as a way of achieving what they imagine ought to be the ‘solution’ to the issue.

“Following several inquiries by journalists and some members of the public, it is easy to narrow the concerns to two key issues. One, whether Speaker Tambuwal ought to vacate his seat as representative of Kebbe/ Tambuwal Federal Constituency, Sokoto State, by virtue of Section 68 (1) (g), of the 1999 Nigerian Constitution, as amended; and two, if he shouldn’t step down as Speaker, having defected from the majority party in the House to a minority platform.”

The lawmaker also explained that on the first issue, it was common knowledge that following the defection of 37 members of the House in December 2013 from the PDP to APC, there had been multiple court cases on the matter, rendering it subjudice to discuss any likely outcome.

He, however, advised Nigerians to await final judicial pronouncement on the issue of defection, which had afflicted virtually all political parties.

Citing the case of Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, who as a sitting Vice- President moved to another political party, Ogene stated the vicepresident did not get judicial reprobation for the act.

He added that the clear provisions of Section 50(1) (b) of the Nigerian Constitution easily settle the worries regarding the continued Speakership of Tambuwal.

Quoting the law, he said: “There shall be a Speaker and Deputy Speaker of the House of Representatives who shall be elected by the members of that House from among themselves.

“It would, therefore, amount to an affront on members’ privilege to question their constitutionallyguaranteed right to freely elect their leader.

“Additionally, Order 1 Rule 1 (2) of the Standing Orders of the House of Representatives states: “In all cases not provided for hereinafter, or by sectional or other orders, precedents or practices of the House, the House shall by resolution regulate its procedure.

“It is in the light of the foregoing that the House wishes to appeal to those who seek to “regulate its procedure” from outside its hallowed chambers to have a rethink, as the nation’s Constitution, the Standing Orders of the House and precedent – as in the Speakership of the late Hon. Edwin Ume-Ezeoke in the Second Republic on a minority platform – have all provided answers to what would have otherwise been a knotty political issue.”
Re: FG Withdraws Tambuwal's Security Details by Jesusloveyou: 10:20am On Oct 30, 2014
ikweremilitant:
mr unbiased man,i can see ur defination of bias.so anyone that speaks evil of pdp,is nt bias to you abi?weldone,all i have to tel u luts that we are watching carefuly all d gang up against gej by u pepl.make una pray make gej no lose this election.
it is gej that is ganging againt himself and d pple that wrongly vote him.why putting fire in his own ampit and bosom.
Re: FG Withdraws Tambuwal's Security Details by dickoflife(m): 10:20am On Oct 30, 2014
stevedusky:

Please learn; this generation should learn. It is just a click from you on the internet. Nothing like changing makes you loose your seat, pleeeeease learn. Let them vote him out in the house then nobody will argue; haaaaaabaaaa learn. dont think with your anus abeggggy!
na ur papa dey reason with him anus.. decamping means u lose ur seat regardless of who u are..
Re: FG Withdraws Tambuwal's Security Details by jaymichael(m): 10:21am On Oct 30, 2014
Kingspin:

Use your common sense to ans that question.
Common sense has no place when issues of law and legality is being addressed. Ever heard of the statement "THE LAW IS AN A'S'S'"?

1 Like

Re: FG Withdraws Tambuwal's Security Details by Nobody: 10:21am On Oct 30, 2014
why not tell mimiko to step down as the governor of Ondo for leaving Labour party for the PDP. Abeg u know NADA!!!
isrecole:
If Tambuwal is principled as he want Nigerians to believe,he should be honest enough to resign the Speakership. Tanbuwal as a Lawyer knows the provisions of the 1999 Constitution. He cannot eat his cake and have a penny! Tambuwal should be honest with himself. APC as a party can never take it and APC should not expect PDP to accept it. How can the opposition preside in a House where the ruling party is in the majority? Haba,Nigerians should be honest!!
Re: FG Withdraws Tambuwal's Security Details by vitality22(m): 10:22am On Oct 30, 2014
dcaliph:
Gej please because of God remove the security details of boko haram sponsors and arrest them all.
You took the words outta ma mouth.
Re: FG Withdraws Tambuwal's Security Details by Nobody: 10:23am On Oct 30, 2014
PDP in disguise
Lagusta:

naturally, that should've been the best thing to do...

In fact, it would make me love APC more if tambuwal resigns honourably
Re: FG Withdraws Tambuwal's Security Details by Orikinla(m): 10:24am On Oct 30, 2014
omenka:
Jonathan should be impeached before he burns this nation to the ground!! His desperation is getting out of hand!! angry

Source: http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/daily/top-stories/38229-
breaking-presidency-withdraws-tambuwal-s-security-details

There is too much immaturity being displayed by the leadership of the PDP.
Actually, since I know them personally, I am not surprised.
These are old men who still behave like school boys.
I am only feel sorry for their wives and children.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Withdraws Tambuwal's Security Details by frank442: 10:25am On Oct 30, 2014
GEJ and PDP with politice of bitterness

Forgetiing. That. He can help him in his presidential ambition just the way asiwaju did 2011

1 Like

Re: FG Withdraws Tambuwal's Security Details by Omimah: 10:26am On Oct 30, 2014
chukwudi44:

Emeka Ikedioha should assume office as speaker and let Tambuwal go to court. He is no longer a member of the. HOR by virtue of section 68 of the 1999 constitution
Ihedioha ko, Ifedioha ni. Go read section 68 (1) (g) of the Constitution.

1 Like

Re: FG Withdraws Tambuwal's Security Details by ak47mann(m): 10:26am On Oct 30, 2014
anonimi:

The cold blooded murder of Aguiyi-Ironsi and Adekunle Fajuyi in July 1966 by those who have subsequently held us hostage creating 19 states out of one region and 17 out of three regions readily comes to mind here.
Is very unfortunate that we share the same country with people with different agenda to cheat and marginalize others but if you give them their own medicine they will not like it cool

1 Like

Re: FG Withdraws Tambuwal's Security Details by Nobody: 10:29am On Oct 30, 2014
easy on him bro...i promise he wont do that anymore
focus7:
common sense don't have an answer to this type of question but I am sure someone like u with a toad brain does.
Re: FG Withdraws Tambuwal's Security Details by bonesofdavid: 10:30am On Oct 30, 2014
bonesofdavid:

Tambuwal made a choice, and he knows the concequencies I guess he is ready for it let's not be ignorant of the fact that some of this security details may have given to him because of his party membership etinye okwe erie okwe that's the game GEJ played it, any one else will do the same,But when it comes to using BOKO HARAM to play politics its abomination

Porca politico ignorante e un grande malattia
Re: FG Withdraws Tambuwal's Security Details by apoc(m): 10:30am On Oct 30, 2014
I sence, sense is absent in his action.......................jona need to be impeach

1 Like

Re: FG Withdraws Tambuwal's Security Details by bookiee(f): 10:31am On Oct 30, 2014
dtruth3:
Just a security
details withdrawal, and his supporters has started complaining. what
then happens when GEJ comes down hard on Him!

Note: he is no longer the speaker, so he is no longer entitled to those
security details. he lost the entitlement the day he decamped from the
party on whose platform he was elected as a parliamenterian in the first
place, before becoming the speaker. so that singular act of defecting,
has made him loose everything.

the Presidency, dosnt need a court action before it could do the
needful, because the constitution is so clear. Tambuwal is no longer a MEMBER of the House of Assembly, let alone its SPEAKER. because he
has defected.

Chai! GEJ the BIG Boss

Tambuwal the LEARNER

mabe u should take time to read what the constitution says about who and what makes one a speake of the house of assembly,, even if pdp constitution (if there is any) allows this ridiculous acts, i still believe its subject to the Costitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria!
Plus (beating you on your game) whya re the security details and powers of the other decampee to PDP from ACN not withdraws?
Whoever is advising Mr Jonathan either wants his failure or is foolish, Politics are for men not boys, check history: Ideology goes with interest which changes with time!

LEARN!!

1 Like

Re: FG Withdraws Tambuwal's Security Details by jsurg(m): 10:31am On Oct 30, 2014
Imoy:

He would defect Bcus the party has lost it...he was blind bt nw can see

The highest all of you can do is rant here.

The did has been done.

On a serious note why would he defect from the party that elected him into office and still want to remain in dat office?

It would have been better if he defected after serving his term.

"u can't eat ur cake and have it bck"

1 Like

Re: FG Withdraws Tambuwal's Security Details by Nobody: 10:31am On Oct 30, 2014
is dis one m*d
irunobo2:
My boyfriend and I decided to try a new adventure today and we fvcked on the balcony. It was very sweet and I wish it could go on all day. He has an 8inch and my pusssy is still tight enough to lubricate his dicck. Ladies please share your intimate experiences. Let the fun begin smiley
Re: FG Withdraws Tambuwal's Security Details by tee4naija(m): 10:32am On Oct 30, 2014
Isiterere:

gibberish!!!
Tell Mimiko and all his state house representatives to leave their post too .
Btw, seems you forgot that Tambuwa being made the speaker was not with the support of PDP .
Tell your PDP gather more strength to have 2/3 majority if they want him out .
Stop saying what you don't know about constitution.
There is no where it was stated that speaker should come from a majority party ...

This PDP e-rodent can be so lazy to get fact.

ALL IZZ WELL
I did not want to comment until I saw the only enlightened comment by you. PDP supporters on this forum need to be reminded that the powers that be within the party then were more interested in that woman from Oyo state in becoming the speaker and not Tambuwa. Tambuwa was supported by majorly APC members in the house who felt slapped by the attempt to impose that woman on the house by the PDP. Now he has aligned with the people who share the same dreams with him and PDP and their supporters are now crying foul.
They should tell Mimiko and his legislators in Ondo State to also resign since they have left the party that brought them all to their offices.

2 Likes

Re: FG Withdraws Tambuwal's Security Details by ozo13(m): 10:33am On Oct 30, 2014
ogene007:
The removal of his security detail is commonsensical. If he thought that the APC noise-making/propaganda machinery would have saved him, he definitely was living in a fools paradise. This is only the beginning of his woes if he does not tender his resignation immediately. And for those who are quick to make references to what obains in the US, let me make it clear that the level of rascality being exhibited by APC cannot be condoned anywhere. Tambuwal surely must be severely purnished. For all I care APC and their supporters can go and cry in Tinubu Square.
anoda ituoke man onboard grin
Re: FG Withdraws Tambuwal's Security Details by Equado(m): 10:34am On Oct 30, 2014
seunlayi:
I can't see any difference between the two parties anymore, allowing People who are leaders in a party you claimed is bad, corrupt, etc to join your party.
my point exactly...if there saying they are the change Nigeria needs...then why taking the so called 'bad eggs' of the PDP...the devil we know its better than the angel we don't...am indifferent to both parties
Re: FG Withdraws Tambuwal's Security Details by ARKdiscloser7(m): 10:35am On Oct 30, 2014
I just keep loving this man called GEJ!!
When you think his is down......he keeps standing and smiling.
When they think he is clueless......he keeps exhibiting wisdom crowned with knowledge.
When they think he is weak..........he remains strong , throwing defendless punches to his enemy.

Tanbuwal taught he could play with PDP and go free.
He defected to APC and adjourned the house sitting to December ; which means no law will be passed, no legislative function for 2 months and they will still be paid with tax payers money.
Chai!! and APC supporters are clapping for him.

This is just the beginning...............

I expect more punches from GEJ.

4 Likes

Re: FG Withdraws Tambuwal's Security Details by bookiee(f): 10:36am On Oct 30, 2014
Kingspin:

Use your common sense to ans that question.

Common sense is not law!
Just answer the question!
Re: FG Withdraws Tambuwal's Security Details by oliy24(m): 10:39am On Oct 30, 2014
MeAboki:

Pls stop exposing your ignorance and gullibility to myopic propaganda.
Where did our constitution specify that the speaker must come from majority party?

Even PDP themselves have conceded to this effect, why can't you read like others and get educated instead of blindly accepting and repeating falsehood passed down from ignorant minds.

@ Topic:
Yet another example of executive high handedness and the culture of impunity being exhibited by this PDP led government.

you spoke my mind, don't need to say anything again, thank you
Re: FG Withdraws Tambuwal's Security Details by Nobody: 10:40am On Oct 30, 2014
omenka:
Jonathan should be impeached before he burns this nation to the ground!! His desperation is getting out of hand!! angry

Source: http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/daily/top-stories/38229-
breaking-presidency-withdraws-tambuwal-s-security-details
I no send. Jona, do anything you can to return power to the south. Afterall, when has Nigeria practiced true democracy? Abeg make una free GEJ self.
Re: FG Withdraws Tambuwal's Security Details by stevedusky: 10:40am On Oct 30, 2014
dickoflife:
na ur papa dey reason with him anus.. decamping means u lose ur seat regardless of who u are..

it shows in you screen name "dickoflife" whats that.... YOU; thats YOU! so u agree; u think with your........; and that's why u can talk of my "papa" huunn spoilt brat! thanks for remembering my father in this u are a true spec of this generation i hope you think of your children.
Re: FG Withdraws Tambuwal's Security Details by katordidi(m): 10:41am On Oct 30, 2014
isrecole:
If Tambuwal is principled as he want Nigerians to believe,he should be honest enough to resign the Speakership. Tanbuwal as a Lawyer knows the provisions of the 1999 Constitution. He cannot eat his cake and have a penny! Tambuwal should be honest with himself. APC as a party can never take it and APC should not expect PDP to accept it. How can the opposition preside in a House where the ruling party is in the majority? Haba,Nigerians should be honest!!
It has emerged that there is no law mandating the speaker to come from the majority party as we do not run a parliamentary system of government. It has only been so cos the majority has the power of numbers on thier side and so had the upper hand in electing thier leaders. So the game has changed. trust that Tambuwal had an idea of this being a lawyer himself

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Withdraws Tambuwal's Security Details by deletrue: 10:41am On Oct 30, 2014
Lagusta:

naturally, that should've been the best thing to do...

In fact, it would make me love APC more if tambuwal resigns honourably
Re: FG Withdraws Tambuwal's Security Details by ochiosa(m): 10:42am On Oct 30, 2014
What are all these noise for its just for a period of say 5 months and Tanbuuwaaa will become history in Nigeria political space like other speakers. Where is Na'abaa, and Ma'asariii

1 Like

Re: FG Withdraws Tambuwal's Security Details by gbishman: 10:45am On Oct 30, 2014
Simply petty and a gross show on immaturity.
Re: FG Withdraws Tambuwal's Security Details by Keypha(m): 10:47am On Oct 30, 2014
Jonathan is more deadly than abacha, he will use brain win this election, he will polish all Apc that insulting him.
Re: FG Withdraws Tambuwal's Security Details by tonte(m): 10:47am On Oct 30, 2014
his security details get withdrawn, you don't even know if this news is true or not, everyone just blames Mr. President, smh
Re: FG Withdraws Tambuwal's Security Details by ak47mann(m): 10:48am On Oct 30, 2014
On election period we are going to see APC supporters/murderers roaming the streets killing coppers and innocent people again cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

AIT Deletes Online Poll As Peter Obi Leads By 82% / See How Amosun Gave His Thugs Sign To Boo & Attack Buhari - Twitter Users Accuse / FG Introduces Stamp Duty On House Rent Agreement, C Of O, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.