Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,302 members, 7,780,707 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 08:08 PM

UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car - Car Talk (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car (69319 Views)

Pictures Of The Car That Got Burnt At Onipan Bus Stop / See Ben Bruce's Electric Car That Is Charged With Solar (photo) / See The Car That Caused Commotion In Lagos On Easter Day...photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by ebukaOtika(m): 10:02am On Oct 31, 2014
finofaya:
@OP, That's nice, really. But let's not get ahead of ourselves here. That is not a formula 1 car, or even any sort of race car. Also, we can already manufacture or assemble vehicles in Nigeria. In fact, cars are assembled and reassembled everyday by auto mechanics without university education. Its nice that these students were able to build their own chassis tho, and possibly other parts, especially with such a tight budget. If we could get the specifications of this car so that we can know exactly what was done, that would be even better. More grease to their elbows!

But abeg how many you don Assemble kwanu?

4 Likes

Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by Nobody: 10:03am On Oct 31, 2014
CityNG:

Eya...you finally got an admirer grin Oh wait, are you bouncing form one userid to another? grin

So offer you opinion and stop taking this personal, oloriburuku omo.

This automotive shyte is a national disgrace.
hehehehe , I cant help but laugh , why call me oloriburku and you say am taking it personal . stop this folly ... haba , you are grown man with kids , dunno if you have a wife tho ..... but if you do , that lady mehn .
Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by Nobody: 10:05am On Oct 31, 2014
COOLCATS:
how does this better the country or change the fact that those guys have used their time wisely . I dont think he is a waste , you should think about that .... perhaps , see if you can learn or or two things to better you .

Try to complete your sentences when you write in public, it goes to show that you are educated (not necessarily schooled) when discussing and debating on a public fora.

As it is the point, of which I suspect there may be one, is lost, at least to me, due to your gibberish.

I managed to garner that you are suggesting that these unfortunate kid have something to teach me.

Unfortunately whether or not they can teach me or not is not the basis of this debate and I am not interested in discussing that as it's a red herring.

What I am here to debate is this automotive insult on my eyes. It's a piece of shyte and a national disgrace.
Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by Nobody: 10:07am On Oct 31, 2014
majekdom2:
hehehehe , I cant help but laugh , why call me oloriburku and you say am taking it personal . stop this folly ... haba , you are grown man with kids , dunno if you have a wife tho ..... but if you do , that lady mehn .

Again, kids, Wife, jobs, education, lady at the market, water flowing down the gutter, are all distractions of which I am not going to get sidetracked on.

This automotive specimen by university students in 2015 almost, is a sham and a national disgrace grin
Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by Nobody: 10:09am On Oct 31, 2014
CityNG:

Try to complete your sentences when you write in public, it goes to show that you are educated (not necessarily schooled) when discussing and debating on a public fora.

As it is the point, of which I suspect there may be one, is lost, at least to me, due to your gibberish.

I managed to garner that you are suggesting that these unfortunate kid have something to teach me.

Unfortunately whether or not they can teach me or not is not the basis of this debate and I am not interested in discussing that as it's a red herring.

What I am here to debate is this automotive insult on my eyes. It's a piece of shyte and a national disgrace.
yes , they have lots to teach and thats when you can understand tho its shit but they are not shits and something better can come out and you are obviously the national disgrace.

2 Likes

Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by finofaya: 10:09am On Oct 31, 2014
Okeikpu:
that's how old Formula1 cars looks..... Do some research boy..

The OP says a formula 1 car was built, not a car that looks like a formula 1 car. Do your research.
Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by Nobody: 10:11am On Oct 31, 2014
CityNG:

Again, kids, Wife, jobs, education, lady at the market, water flowing down the gutter, are all distractions of which I am not going to get sidetracked on.

This automotive specimen by university students in 2015 almost, is a sham and a national disgrace grin
gosh , you are a grown man.
Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by Nobody: 10:12am On Oct 31, 2014
majekdom2:
yes , they have lots to teach and thats when you can understand tho its shit but they are not shits and something better can come out and you are obviously the national disgrace.

It's an automotive shyte and a national disgrace. It's not about me or the marrow driver or Iya Bisi Elero or any other lunatic example you want to go on. It's strictly about this insult thrusted on my face.

It's a national disgrace.
Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by Nobody: 10:13am On Oct 31, 2014
majekdom2:
gosh , you are a grown man.

And you're an insolent post teen. SO what does that have to do with what we are discussing? grin

This is an automotive piece of shyte and shouldn't be celebrated.
Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by Nobody: 10:13am On Oct 31, 2014
CityNG:

It's an automotive shyte and a national disgrace. It's not about me or the marrow driver or Iya Bisi Elero or any other lunatic example you want to go on. It's strictly about this insult thrusted on my face.

It's a national disgrace.
whose face ? prof at havard or oxford ? who you be ? haba , you are an adult ! sai.
Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by Nobody: 10:15am On Oct 31, 2014
majekdom2:
whose face ? prof at havard or oxford ? who you be ? haba , you are an adult ! sai.

I am a Nairalander, that's who I am and it was in that capacity that this automotive forgery was thrusted on my person.

This automotive piece of sheet should never be celebrated if we are to move forward.

Planktons like you are doing this innocent uni kids a disservice by not calling a spade a spade.

PS: My Profession is of no concern of yours and is not subject to this debate grin grin grin
Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by Nobody: 10:20am On Oct 31, 2014
CityNG:

I am a Nairalander, that's who I am and it was in that capacity that this automotive forgery was thrusted on my person.

This automotive piece of sheet should never be celebrated if we are to move forward.

Planktons like you are doing this innocent uni kids a disservice by not calling a spade a spade.

PS: My Profession is of no concern of yours and is not subject to this debate grin grin grin
agbaya like you ..... see your mouth like nairalander . who is celebrating , did you see the youths dancng around it , it was showcased , there is nothing wrong in showcasing your skills ..... whats my fucking business with your profession . haba , and you are regarded an " adult"
Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by finofaya: 10:22am On Oct 31, 2014
ebukaOtika:

But abeg how many you don Assemble kwanu?

None sir

1 Like

Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by Nobody: 10:26am On Oct 31, 2014
majekdom2:
1) agbaya like you ..... 2) see your mouth like nairalander . 3) who is celebrating , did you see the youths dancng around it , it was showcased , there is nothing wrong in showcasing your skills ..... 4) whats my fucking business with your profession . haba ,5) and you are regarded an " adult"

1) Thank you. I wear my age with pride. Many did not and will not reach my age milestone so I am thankful. At least you didn't call me "Okulewe" grin

2) So your mouth is like that too ehn? wink

3) Nothing is wrong with the uni kids, they spent time in the labs instead of doing cult stuff. It's dolts like you that are jubilating on NL that I take a stance with. You're a mor0n for celebrating deficiency.

4) Exactly, so why are you asking me what institution am I a Professor at? It's just a ridiculous weakness that you're displaying. But you're simply a product of you environment.

5) And you are regarded as a Son by someone. A complete and total shame and water of resource from ground zero.

This automotive shyte should not be celebrated and is a national embarrassment.

It's 230AM here so I am going to bed (you know how we old folks like our sleep), I'll see what drool and drivel you've managed to sneak in when I wake up in the morning. grin
Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by Nobody: 10:28am On Oct 31, 2014
finofaya:

None sir

Excellent answer. Short and concise. Well played Sir. Sometimes what these boneheads needs is a short answer.

You may not be a house builder but you know that Aso Rock villa is better than Baba Muliyas hut in the village grin

2 Likes

Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by Saaog(m): 11:15am On Oct 31, 2014
Its so ludicrous the way folks are lambasting and berating dis ingenious young engineering students at least dey ve tried showcasing deir dexterity and prowess coupled with the low level of expertise in the country and the derail of our education sector we shldnt deceive ourselves we can't compare nigeria to us germany and oda sophisticated countries of the world I eulogize and extol dis guys with wat dey ve done so far its so pathetic and unfortunate dat our government are Not helping maters dey ve ditched and neglect us to our own plight and travails if it were to be in the in the us with wat dese guys ve done dere will be more accolades and honours bestowed to dem dis will serve as encouragement to oda students dere but in nigeria we ve been demotivated and demoralize because we dn encourage each oda am envisaging nigeria will be a force to reckon with one day its well

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by Nmeri17: 11:31am On Oct 31, 2014
*In Eminem's voice
Nor did he come to do the same, he can't afford
to be label in this day and age and at this stage
of the game
Mediocrity can no longer be allowed
to fly, so say bye. To the O-H-I... cheesy cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by spoilerx: 12:20pm On Oct 31, 2014
majekdom2:
that looks like a formula ... simile. they never said its a formula one.

how can you say it looks like an F1 car
Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by UnimkeAk(m): 12:40pm On Oct 31, 2014
davestead:

And as an engineer, which technological break through are you working on Sir? With all your technical skill what have you achieved...enough said..

You can that a technological breakthrough?

Take a chill pill.

1 Like

Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by Decryptor(m): 1:48pm On Oct 31, 2014
Kanyol:
I don't want to be sarcastic here but all I see is two "agbayas" on a toy car. Chinese students go don laugh dem tire undecided undecided

compare

Which one have you done? Which school did you and the f.o.o.ls that like your post attend? Have you ever manufactured a bolt? Rubbish!!

Back to Topic: Great Invention. Proud to be a Zikite! #SchoolOf2007 cool

2 Likes

Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by ebukaOtika(m): 1:50pm On Oct 31, 2014
finofaya:

None sir

So why the mkportu?

1 Like

Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by finofaya: 2:13pm On Oct 31, 2014
ebukaOtika:

So why the mkportu?

The car is not praise worthy. But I praised the students for you.

2 Likes

Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by Meelaw(m): 3:59pm On Oct 31, 2014
icemann:
Nice, A lot better than the guy that stuck a solar panel on a car (see below) and called it an "Electric Pneumatic hybrid car" and Foolss were calling him the new Elon Musk.
what have u achieve
in your own life,outside displaying your high IQ on nairaland....qoute me 2 prove 2 d world dat am right...ignore me.....n I will belief dat u can still make a life out of nairaland

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by icemann(m): 4:02pm On Oct 31, 2014
Meelaw:

what have u achieve
in your own life,outside displaying your high IQ on nairaland....qoute me 2 prove 2 d world dat am right...ignore me.....n I will belief dat u can still make a life out of nairaland

I Just did grin grin grin
Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by Meelaw(m): 4:02pm On Oct 31, 2014
[quote author=benega post=27583910]Am not impressed, my mechanic can do better, no go find wetin 2 do with ur lyf, old men making toy car angry[/quote
sorry man...what can u make?
nonintelligent statement....
make more of it 2 prove dat.........human race av a long way 2 go 2 be called homo sapiens

1 Like

Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by Meelaw(m): 4:08pm On Oct 31, 2014
icemann:

I Just did grin grin grin
lolz opposite of 'High IQ' is what?
IRONY
Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by icemann(m): 4:13pm On Oct 31, 2014
Meelaw:

what have u achieve
Meelaw:

lolz opposite of 'High IQ' is what?
IRONY

I replied you to see what point you are trying to achieve and i see its useless.
Just because i decided to reply you, you now feel like a soothsayer. Dude i really don't care how and what you feel!!
Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by Larow(m): 4:28pm On Oct 31, 2014
ChrisOkafor87:
poor man with poor mentality. Go and invent your own ideology and let's celebrate you. It's high time we beging to believe in ourselves. If this is car was contructed by White Guy I you will celebrate them. Go and discover your own talent and stop condeming&slandering other people's achievements.
Guy! I collect ur wife? Make I no lafff again? D person whose comment made me laff said nothing, na u de tackle me! Anyway! No hard feelings sha
Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by davestead(m): 4:51pm On Oct 31, 2014
UnimkeAk:

You can that a technological breakthrough?

Take a chill pill.
I was jus asking since some morons on this forum have taken the moral high road and claiming to be better or even produce better things. But as far as am concerned, if you don't show ur own skill and products but at the same time berating what these ingenious guys achieved to the extent of calling it "shyte"...den u hv no business talking at all. That said, dt CityNG of a guy is an empty guy ranting like a lunatic! #peace

2 Likes

Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by Nobody: 5:24pm On Oct 31, 2014
davestead:

I was jus asking since some morons on this forum have taken the moral high road and claiming to be better or even produce better things. But as far as am concerned, if you don't show ur own skill and products but at the same time berating what these ingenious guys achieved to the extent of calling it "shyte"...den u hv no business talking at all. That said, dt CityNG of a guy is an empty guy ranting like a lunatic! #peace

It is shyte in my opinion, thanks for weighing in. It is not my product on display but this automotive sham.

Stop celebrating mediocre stupidity.

1 Like

Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by Meelaw(m): 5:40pm On Oct 31, 2014
[quote author=icemann post=27612550]

I replied you to see what point you are trying to achieve and i see its useless.
Just because i decided to reply you, you now feel like a soothsayer. Dude i really don't care how and what you feel!!

[/quote
Can't u comprehend?...I asked a question.opposite of 'High IQ' is what?and u giving me epistle...baba e go better..what r nairalanders for?if not 2 give u prayers....

1 Like

Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by Feraz(m): 6:16pm On Oct 31, 2014
asala1:

You guys don't just get it. No one does things like this anywhere in the world, it doesn't just make sense. I am not comparing Nigeria with those countries as we don't even know what we are doing (Just like these guys, you and many others on this thread), our education system is still lost in the 60's. Let me give you an example of what I mean in simple term; take for example, because your parents didn't buy you a shoe when you were 3 years old won't make you as a 20 year old kid to go and buy a shoe meant for a 3 year old kid so as to cover lost ground. Actually you can buy it but to sane people like me it will look stupid, that's exactly what these guys are doing. India's Minister of Science and Technology recently said they lost in the semi-conductors revolution when countries like Taiwan, Singapore, China, etc were keying into this revolution, but they can't afford to lose out in the nano-technology revolution going on presently. They are spending billions of dollars in research not into semi-conductors but into nano-materials and nano-technology cause they are not looking backwards but into the future and in the next 10-20 years we will see the result in their Health care, IT, manufacturing, etc. We need to join the world in the race and help develop what is going on at the present, there are many ways in which we can do this but surely not in assembling this.
In as much as I understand where you're going, be honest with yourself. Do you think that amount of money they used would have done a fraction of any of the above you listed taking into consideration the country these guys come from? Nanotech you say? How much does it cost ordinarily to build a research centre on the above? You said billions of dollars is being pumped into the research of the above technology so do you expect these students to use that partly sum for the above? You said it yourself 'India's minister of Science and Technology' but for these guys, which government ministry has decided to pump money and resources into researches in our various institutes to see the fruits of what you envisaged for India in the next 10 years?

Of course, what they did may not be all that awesome but the sheer will-power and the fact that they want to do something different from what many of their peers would consider a waste, they deserve commendation, at least, for their efforts. Imagine them being in a well equipped school, do you think they'll come out with the above?

Then again, I'm not stuck in the educational system of the 60s as you said. smiley

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Pastor Igwe Erick Nwankwo's Car Number Plate Goes Viral / Reliability Of C180 and W202's IN GENERAL / Will You Buy This Bulletproof Luxury Toyota Coaster Bus For N165m? (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.