Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,790 members, 7,802,488 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:23 PM

Cambodia - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Cambodia (11143 Views)

Nigerian In Cambodia Pls Share Your Experience / Nigerians In Cambodia. / Cambodia? ? ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cambodia by iykbethany(m): 9:07pm On Oct 30, 2014
The Kingdom of Cambodia, once known as the Khmer Empire, is a country located in the southern portion of the Indochina Peninsula in Southeast Asia.

Its total landmass is 181,035 square kilometres (69,898 sq mi), bordered by Thailand to the northwest, Laos to the northeast, Vietnam to the east, and Thailand to the southwest.

With a population of over 14.8 million, Cambodia is the 69th most populous country in the world. The official religion is Theravada Buddhism, practiced by approximately 95% of the Cambodian population. The country's minority groups include Vietnamese, Chinese, Chams, and 30 hill tribes. The capital and largest city is Phnom Penh.

Capital: Phnom Penh
Currency: Cambodian riel: THEIR CURRENCY IS SO USELESS NOBODY USES IT IN CAMBODIA, EVERYONE USES US DOLLAR
King: Norodom Sihamoni
Continent: Asia
Region: South East Asia
Official language: Khmer

Cambodia is a very poor country but they are friendly people. During my numerous visits to Cambodia I have not witnessed racism in Cambodia like other Asian countries, maybe its due to the high poverty rate, or maybe because some of their tribes are as black as Nigerians.

I just want to share some pics with fellow nairalanders....

1 Like

Re: Cambodia by iykbethany(m): 9:15pm On Oct 30, 2014
Cambodia has a very bad past. I have been to Tuol Sleng Genocide Museum in Phnom Penh, Cambodia 3 times and would like to share some pics.

More information about Tuol Sleng Genocide Museum can be found on the internet.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tuol_Sleng_Genocide_Museum
http://www.tuolsleng.com/history.php

1 Like

Re: Cambodia by iykbethany(m): 9:18pm On Oct 30, 2014

1 Like

Re: Cambodia by iykbethany(m): 9:22pm On Oct 30, 2014

Re: Cambodia by Sarahn: 11:19am On Nov 11, 2014
Please how did you get the visa to Cambodia?
How is life there?
Can you life on $500 per month or less?
Re: Cambodia by iykbethany(m): 7:05am On Nov 12, 2014
Sarahn:
Please how did you get the visa to Cambodia?
How is life there?
Can you life on $500 per month or less?

I got business visa because I went there to buy clothes etc, I was disappointed with their quality. Vietnam quality is top notch, Cambodia quality is just like fake china things. These days i only go to Cambodia for tourism, i buy most of my things from neighboring Vietnam.

Dont bother going to Cambodia, their citizens are alot poorer than Nigerians, there is no job there, unless you want to join the growing list of Nigerian inmates in Cambodia?

3 Likes

Re: Cambodia by Sarahn: 9:00am On Nov 12, 2014
iykbethany:

I got business visa because I went there to buy clothes etc, I was disappointed with their quality. Vietnam quality is top notch, Cambodia quality is just like fake china things. These days i only go to Cambodia for tourism, i buy most of my things from neighboring Vietnam.

Dont bother going to Cambodia, their citizens are alot poorer than Nigerians, there is no job there, unless you want to join the growing list of Nigerian inmates in Cambodia?

Thanks!
Guess it is a no go for Cambodia.
Re: Cambodia by iykbethany(m): 10:21am On Nov 13, 2014
Sarahn:

Thanks!
Guess it is a no go for Cambodia.

Yeah its not a place to hustle, their wages is among the lowest in the world.
The few Nigerians that are working there are self employed, like the few guys that have night clubs, bars, African restaurants. The only job you can get as a Nigerian is teaching job but its not in high demand like China.

1 Like

Re: Cambodia by bisayor(m): 1:40am On Nov 24, 2014
iykbethany:
The Kingdom of Cambodia, once known as the Khmer Empire, is a country located in the southern portion of the Indochina Peninsula in Southeast Asia.

Its total landmass is 181,035 square kilometres (69,898 sq mi), bordered by Thailand to the northwest, Laos to the northeast, Vietnam to the east, and Thailand to the southwest.

With a population of over 14.8 million, Cambodia is the 69th most populous country in the world. The official religion is Theravada Buddhism, practiced by approximately 95% of the Cambodian population. The country's minority groups include Vietnamese, Chinese, Chams, and 30 hill tribes. The capital and largest city is Phnom Penh.

Capital: Phnom Penh
Currency: Cambodian riel: THEIR CURRENCY IS SO USELESS NOBODY USES IT IN CAMBODIA, EVERYONE USES US DOLLAR
King: Norodom Sihamoni
Continent: Asia
Region: South East Asia
Official language: Khmer

Cambodia is a very poor country but they are friendly people. During my numerous visits to Cambodia I have not witnessed racism in Cambodia like other Asian countries, maybe its due to the high poverty rate, or maybe because some of their tribes are as black as Nigerians.

I just want to share some pics with fellow nairalanders....
good day! I just had an invitation for a science conference in a Cambodian university. From my findings I noticed they don't have a consular or an embassy here in nigeria. I would like to know if u got ur cambodian visa from here in nigeria or outside nigeria. If you got it here, I would like u to put me thru how you manage to apply for it. Thanks for ur anticipated response. I'm due for vietnam in few months so I wanna knw if I should apply for d cambodian vise before leaving or I should apply when I get to vietnam.
Re: Cambodia by iykbethany(m): 10:02am On Nov 24, 2014
bisayor:
good day! I just had an invitation for a science conference in a Cambodian university. From my findings I noticed they don't have a consular or an embassy here in nigeria. I would like to know if u got ur cambodian visa from here in nigeria or outside nigeria. If you got it here, I would like u to put me thru how you manage to apply for it. Thanks for ur anticipated response. I'm due for vietnam in few months so I wanna knw if I should apply for d cambodian vise before leaving or I should apply when I get to vietnam.

Hello,
Its much better and easier to get your Cambodia visa in Vietnam. it will save you lots of stress and unnecessary expenses.
Once you are in Vietnam apply from the Cambodian embassy, its very easy to get. And when traveling to Cambodia from Vietnam use the bus service from Ho Chi Min to Phnom pen by road, its smooth, cheap less than 12$ and you wont give any money to corrupt immigration officers. But if you use air, you must give minimum amount of $800 to Cambodian immigration otherwise they will put you on the next plane back to Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Cambodia by bisayor(m): 1:01am On Dec 10, 2014
iykbethany:

Hello,
Its much better and easier to get your Cambodia visa in Vietnam. it will save you lots of stress and unnecessary expenses.
Once you are in Vietnam apply from the Cambodian embassy, its very easy to get. And when traveling to Cambodia from Vietnam use the bus service from Ho Chi Min to Phnom pen by road, its smooth, cheap less than 12$ and you wont give any money to corrupt immigration officers. But if you use air, you must give minimum amount of $800 to Cambodian immigration otherwise they will put you on the next plane back to Nigeria.
thank you so much for ur response it was very helpful and saved me some unwarranted stress. Now I'm about to book my ticket to vietnam thru ethihad airline but it doesn't really make much sense booking a return ticket since I'm still going to cambodia by road and I can't estimate yet aw much time I'm gunna be spending in cambodia since it depends on the length of d conference I'm attending there. I will like you to shed more light if having a single way ticket is an issue when I arrive in vietnam airport. Or better still have u ever done it before without any problem . Thanks a lot.

1 Like

Re: Cambodia by iykbethany(m): 10:16pm On Dec 27, 2014
bisayor:
thank you so much for ur response it was very helpful and saved me some unwarranted stress. Now I'm about to book my ticket to vietnam thru ethihad airline but it doesn't really make much sense booking a return ticket since I'm still going to cambodia by road and I can't estimate yet aw much time I'm gunna be spending in cambodia since it depends on the length of d conference I'm attending there. I will like you to shed more light if having a single way ticket is an issue when I arrive in vietnam airport. Or better still have u ever done it before without any problem . Thanks a lot.

Sorry for late response...
It is very important you buy return ticket to avoid problems at the airports...
Remember your return ticket is your only evidence that you will return to Nigeria at the end of your visit... some airlines may not carry you if you do not have return ticket. Some immigration officers can deport you once you land without return ticket. So pls dont try it... I am sorry I have been busy with Christmas sales
Re: Cambodia by acadollar(m): 7:33am On Dec 28, 2014
NIGERIANS!!!
i comot cap, una dey everywhere :-)
Re: Cambodia by iykbethany(m): 11:09pm On Jan 06, 2015
acadollar:
NIGERIANS!!!
i comot cap, una dey everywhere :-)

You never see anything. Nigerian music are more popular in Cambodian bars than in any African country you can think of. Some Cambodian girls now speak Igbo and pidgin as if they are born and raised in Nigeria. Nigerians, Chinese and Indians are in every country of the world, even if war torn countries like Iraq.

2 Likes

Re: Cambodia by idoo4love: 9:09am On Jan 08, 2015
Heard so much about cambodia ,want to ask how can one relocate their for hustling fully ..kindly explain in details and d expenses
Re: Cambodia by iykbethany(m): 2:27am On Jan 09, 2015
idoo4love:
Heard so much about cambodia ,want to ask how can one relocate their for hustling fully ..kindly explain in details and d expenses

I know how to get Cambodia visa easily but i wont support anyone going there to hustle fully bc you will end up in jail. So many guys are serving different jail terms there, some 30 years, some 45 years. If you need visa advise go to the embassy, I am not a visa agent...
Re: Cambodia by Plastico(m): 9:26pm On Jan 31, 2015
Any details on how to get a Cambodian visa in Nigeria? Thanks.
Re: Cambodia by iykbethany(m): 10:41pm On Feb 01, 2015
Plastico:
Any details on how to get a Cambodian visa in Nigeria? Thanks.

What are you going to do in Cambodia? Send me a pm if you are not planning to go there to hustle.
Re: Cambodia by iykbethany(m): 10:34am On May 07, 2015
Re: Cambodia by zeesmus1: 10:17am On Nov 04, 2015
iykbethany:

What are you going to do in Cambodia? Send me a pm if you are not planning to go there to hustle.

Good day , I just got a job in Cambodia as a tefl teacher, the pay is ok, but tge school provided something called immigration approval letter, they said I will get visa on arrival, am a Nigerian lady, and am really scared cos I have read a lot of things on nairaland about cambodia, I need help if its possible to actually get a cambodian visa before coming
Re: Cambodia by corpROYAL(m): 12:18pm On Nov 04, 2015
go to their embassy in maitama with you letter of approval, your int'l passport, your medical certificate and make sure you have contact number to your employer in Vietnam. if you need more question ask. note l am not in Vietnam neither l work with embassy. l just have the answer that is why l provided answer to your question.
Re: Cambodia by iykbethany(m): 2:12pm On Nov 22, 2015
zeesmus1:

Good day , I just got a job in Cambodia as a tefl teacher, the pay is ok, but tge school provided something called immigration approval letter, they said I will get visa on arrival, am a Nigerian lady, and am really scared cos I have read a lot of things on nairaland about Cambodia, I need help if its possible to actually get a Cambodian visa before coming

1. There are Nigerian teachers in Cambodia
2. Cambodia does not have any embassy in Nigeria, I don't think they have embassy in Africa as a whole

LET YOUR SCHOOL KNOW THAT CAMBODIA DOES NOT HAVE EMBASSY IN NIGERIA. I DONT KNOW IF ANY AIRLINE IN NIGERIA WILL AGREE TO CARRY YOU IF YOU DO NOT HAVE VISA AT HAND. AND
Re: Cambodia by iykbethany(m): 3:29pm On Nov 22, 2015
I HAVE FEW MOMENTS TODAY SO LET ME TRY AND UPDATE THIS THREAD...

1. Cambodia is very free country, it is one of the few countries in Asia where you are not mistreated for being black, ask our brothers in Thailand how far. There are many Nigerians in Cambodia that do not have visa and they are able to move freely without problems.

2. Cambodia is the only country I know where immigration and police does not stop people for paper check. In Other South East Asian countries like Malaysia and Thailand you MUST cary your passport and visa around even if you are crossing the road to buy pizza, Cambodia is the freest country I know and i am not advising anyone to go there without papers. Cambodia visa is easy to renew at about $400 every 6 months so I dont understand why anyone would prefer to stay there illegally. From what I know, the illegal immigrants are those that went there with fake passports or expired passports and they do not have money to go back to Nigeria to renew their passports. Some are the illegals that came from Vietnam to Cambodia without any visa, they pay traffickers in Vietnam about $400 they cross them to Cambodia through the bush.

3. Cambodia is a very corrupt country their government officials are more corrupt than Nigerian officials. You need to be on ground to understand what I am saying. Right from the airport you will notice their endemic corruption, the immigration will demand money about $10 before stamping your passport.

4. EVERY NIGERIAN PASSPORT HOLDER IS MANDATED TO PAY SUM OF $1,500 TO CAMBODIA IMMIGRATION OFFICERS BEFORE THEY WILL CLEAR YOU TO ENTER CAMBODIA? I think this is mandatory for ALL Africans, not just Nigerians. As at last year this ILLEGAL CLEARANCE FEE was $700 but by the time i visited few months ago it has increased to $700. No matter your purpose in Cambodia, if you don't pay this $1,500 clearance fee you will be DEPORTED back to Nigeria. HOW THIS WORKS: These days having the $1,500 is no guarantee they will let you into the country. This is one of poorest countries on earth but they don't care, they say they don't like the way black guys are invading their country. So you need to send the money to a HIGH RANK officer who will take down your passport info and arrival date, he will be at the airport upon your arrival to receive you.

To avoid paying this illegal clearance fee this is what i did few months ago. After shopping in Vietnam I usually travel to Cambodia by road from Vietnam bc there are some nice items i get from Cambodia that I cant get elsewhere, they are cheap and quality ok. From Vietnam to Cambodia is a journey of 4 hours, the fare is $10, they use similar bus/coach like ABC transport, there are smaller HUMMER buses but i like the bigger ones. So I called my friends and informed them I was coming by road, they say bros dont try it they will deport you when you reach the boarder, I said no problems I am done shopping in Vietnam so if they refuse to let me in I will board the next to Turkey or London. The journey was smooth till we get to the boarder, the Vietnam side didn't have any problems clearing me, problem started when the bus conductor gave my passport to Cambodia immigration. Its kinda funny but he immediately announced to the other immigration officers they have a Nigerian passport holder. They cleared everyone in our bus except me. Other buses came about 6 coaches were cleared but i was made to stand like a refugee for nearly 1 hour. The bus conductor came back to where i was standing to inform me i was not allowed in bc they don't want Nigerians anymore. I asked is that all and whats the problem with having Nigerian passport? Anyway I opened my briefcase, brought out my Cambodia company documents and tax papers and gave to the bus con doctor informing him that I have a company in Cambodia and a tax payer. Infact a lady in our bus who got offended by the way i was being treated followed the bus conductor straight to the immigration officers, presented my papers, they stamped me in after collecting $350. Well this is much cheaper than paying $1,500 at the airport. It was when I got back into the bus that the lady told me she told the immigration shes my wife and i was only coming to visit for 2 weeks. Lol she was sitting next to me i didn't know she was admiring me, lol.

5. Cambodia is a good tourist destination but its too far from Nigeria.

6. Cambodia is cheap when compared with Nigeria, accommodation, food, transport etc. I stay in 3 star hotels for $25. But in Nigeria 1 star hotels cost more than $50. From my hotel to riverside restaurant is $7 by taxi, am talking about brand new Toyota Camry 2013 or Hyundai Sonata.

7. Cambodians and South East Asians put SUGAR in their foods, so this is a problem for me because i try to avoid sugar as much as possible, I no wan diabetes. They put sugar in their fish, meat, rice, chicken etc. I go to river side restaurants bc they prepare my food without any sugar. I like their SEAFOOD FRIED RICE.

8. Cambodia is a very friendly country. Their girls love and kill themselves for black guys though there are some of them that hate black men bc of hearsay. Those that have tested blacks never want to leave black guys alone.

9. You can buy VIRGINS in Cambodia and I mean it. A Virgin is known as ORIGINAL in Cambodia. A virgin whose parents are poor will sell her virginity. The white guys started this, now some Nigerians are doing it. I was in a bar, one 9ja idiot was boasting how many girls he has disvirgined in 8 months as if it was an achievement. Yes it is an achievement for him bc according to him its not easy to pay $3,000 or $5000 just to date a virgin. They give the money to the girl or her parents, and the girl will move in to live with you as if shes your wife. When you get tired of each other you move your separate ways.

10. Oh I have got things to do i will add more later

5 Likes

Re: Cambodia by Nobody: 6:23pm On Nov 22, 2015
acadollar:
NIGERIANS!!! i comot cap, una dey everywhere :-)
Oga! wear your cap. 9ja nor dey everywhere
Re: Cambodia by Nobody: 6:41pm On Nov 22, 2015
@iykbethany How about your Cambodia wife? Don't tell me you didn't collect her contact
Re: Cambodia by iykbethany(m): 9:57am On Nov 26, 2015
fados4sure:
@iykbethany
How about your Cambodia wife? Don't tell me you didn't collect her contact

Bro make i nor lie I did collect her number, And she has been useful to me. Though not a wife thingy as I am already married, but she actually does shipments for me which saves me the stress of having to fly to Cambodia or Thailand all the time.

I can pass her over to you if you want, smile
Re: Cambodia by henrimoto(m): 1:34pm On Nov 26, 2015
iykbethany:

Bro make i nor lie I did collect her number, And she has been useful to me. Though not a wife thingy as I am already married, but she actually does shipments for me which saves me the stress of having to fly to Cambodia or Thailand all the time.

I can pass her over to you if you want, smile

oga. iykebe thany..I gre et oh. the story off you and your. cambodian woman, dey very funny.. lolz
Re: Cambodia by iykbethany(m): 8:56pm On Nov 26, 2015
henrimoto:
oga. iykebe thany..I gre et oh. the story off you and your. cambodian woman, dey very funny.. lolz

Lolz
Re: Cambodia by BenWallace(m): 12:04am On Mar 16, 2016
please someone help me out. am fresh guy who want to visit Cambodia. .. how do I get visa?? cause there is no embassy of Cambodia in Nigeria. . what do I do?
Re: Cambodia by BenWallace(m): 12:07am On Mar 16, 2016
is getting Vietnam visa the best then to Cambodia?
Re: Cambodia by Flexherbal(m): 12:26am On Mar 16, 2016
The OP seems to have Cambodia at the back of his hands.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Indian Air Force Plane Missing With 29 People On Board / Dubai Or Vietnam Which Is Better To Hustle? / Your Experience On Klm To London

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.