Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,036 members, 7,807,110 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:41 AM

Ancient Igbo Rule Over Parts Of S Nigeria,central Afrika & Bight Of Biafra - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ancient Igbo Rule Over Parts Of S Nigeria,central Afrika & Bight Of Biafra (13083 Views)

Why Did Nigeria Government Changed Bight Of Biafra To Bight Of Bonny / Time To Rename Bight Of Biafra To Bight Of Calabar / Mujahid Dokubo-asari , Ex-warlord Warns Of S.nigeria Backlash At Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ancient Igbo Rule Over Parts Of S Nigeria,central Afrika & Bight Of Biafra by cheruv: 8:46am On Nov 02, 2014
saintneo:

argumentum ad nwanne o!!!
I only asked for the joint, afterall you took it from the author....
hapu ihe ahu cheesy grin
a nom owerre ugbu a,emecha m gaagbaru uturu..I choro I som? undecided

1 Like

Re: Ancient Igbo Rule Over Parts Of S Nigeria,central Afrika & Bight Of Biafra by macof(m): 8:39pm On Nov 03, 2014
Why do the mods let this sort of thing? This should be deleted, a complete rubbish
Re: Ancient Igbo Rule Over Parts Of S Nigeria,central Afrika & Bight Of Biafra by docsholz(m): 9:23pm On Nov 03, 2014
This is so ridiculous it's funny grin

3 Likes

Re: Ancient Igbo Rule Over Parts Of S Nigeria,central Afrika & Bight Of Biafra by cheruv: 10:50pm On Apr 19, 2015
the word Igbo means the ancients.
with their imperial capital at Igbo Ukwu,the Igbos by 3000BC had already established the Biafran empire.
Re: Ancient Igbo Rule Over Parts Of S Nigeria,central Afrika & Bight Of Biafra by Menace2Society(m): 11:58pm On Apr 19, 2015
grin
Re: Ancient Igbo Rule Over Parts Of S Nigeria,central Afrika & Bight Of Biafra by cheruv: 8:20pm On Jul 06, 2015
This is ancient Biafra wink

2 Likes

Re: Ancient Igbo Rule Over Parts Of S Nigeria,central Afrika & Bight Of Biafra by asadike(f): 9:29pm On Jul 06, 2015
cheesy lol, i cant stop laughing o. which oduduwa? is it d same one that tripped and fell from d sky? oh God, pls help me to believe dis story o. lol.
Re: Ancient Igbo Rule Over Parts Of S Nigeria,central Afrika & Bight Of Biafra by Duru1(m): 10:18pm On Jul 06, 2015
Abagworo:
E be like Politics section don turn comedy section. The other one be say Ibadan don develop because person open pizza joint, this one na one illegal Eze Badagry want rewrite history. Nothing man no go read.

What history does the poster want to rewrite? Do you think that certain person(s) have monopoly on historical facts? Please just shut up your trap.

1 Like

Re: Ancient Igbo Rule Over Parts Of S Nigeria,central Afrika & Bight Of Biafra by cheruv: 1:34am On Jul 29, 2015
Duru1:

What history does the poster want to rewrite? Do you think that certain person(s) have monopoly on historical facts? Please just shut up your trap.
Don't mind the gworo eater angry
I just found out ijebus aren't yolobas..no wonder the other yolobas are persecuting them

1 Like

Re: Ancient Igbo Rule Over Parts Of S Nigeria,central Afrika & Bight Of Biafra by OfoIgbo: 3:00am On Jul 29, 2015
This is historical 419 fro Igbo-Ukwu.

Igbo-Ukwu used to be known as Igbo-Nkwo until a few decades ago.

The piece of land where the royal tomb was discovered during the excavation belonged to a neighbouring town known as Ora-Eri.

Igbo-Nkwo never had any kingship tradition, until the white man came and started establishing warrant chiefs all over Igboland.

Nkwo, which was part of their original name was a deity owned and controlled by the Nris, so Igbo-Nkwo was definitely and sokidky under the sphere of influence of Nri.

There market remains Nkwo which could only have been established by the Nris as the copyright owners of such.

Even Prof. Thurstan Shaw who led the anthropological team that excavated the sites in Igbo-Nkwo, after his interviews of elders of Igbo-Nkwo and Ora-Eri and of course after empirical studies made it quite clear that the Igbo-Ukwu findings belonged to the Nris

Btw, Ora-Eri was, and remains an Nri outpost with kingship tradition that pre-dates the coming of the white man.

Please do not pay any attention to this huge falsehood emanating from Igbo-Nkwo.

4 Likes

Re: Ancient Igbo Rule Over Parts Of S Nigeria,central Afrika & Bight Of Biafra by laudate: 11:07am On Jul 29, 2015
cheruv:
that's my territory and coat of arms..am very proud of the ethnicities that habit my national territory and hope that one day we would build a sovereign state that would've a strong economy and a powerful military. my nation is united by religion, culture and language.. coolscott,if you're very patriotic to your ethnic nation like I am,lemme see your ethnic national map and coat of arms

Guy, this your dream of territorial expansion will fail, oh! People from Igbanke, Ika and some other areas in your map have consistently denied being Igbo. So why are you annexing their territories in your map?? shocked

1 Like

Re: Ancient Igbo Rule Over Parts Of S Nigeria,central Afrika & Bight Of Biafra by laudate: 11:10am On Jul 29, 2015
cheruv:

Don't mind the gworo eater angry
I just found out ijebus aren't yolobas..no wonder the other yolobas are persecuting them

Very funny, the Ijebu are not Yorubas according to you.

They just bear Yoruba names, wear Yoruba outfits. conduct their marriage, naming ceremonies and festivals according to Yoruba tradition, uphold Yoruba customs and traditions.... yet in your small mind, they are not Yoruba. shocked shocked

Hehehe....keep deceiving yourself and exposing your ignorance.
Re: Ancient Igbo Rule Over Parts Of S Nigeria,central Afrika & Bight Of Biafra by ERODEDEAST(f): 12:09pm On Jul 29, 2015
This is an HEE.GBO STORY WRITTER like "ASEBE"

1 Like

Re: Ancient Igbo Rule Over Parts Of S Nigeria,central Afrika & Bight Of Biafra by ERODEDEAST(f): 12:16pm On Jul 29, 2015
embarassed [s]
cheruv:
BY: HRH. EZE MICHAEL A. UCHEGBU B.Sc (Hons) ACA AMN1M LLB (Hons) BL Legal Practitioner, Notary Public & Chartered Accountants Eze Ndi Igbo of Badagry LGA
[/s]
Re: Ancient Igbo Rule Over Parts Of S Nigeria,central Afrika & Bight Of Biafra by basilo101: 12:26pm On Jul 29, 2015
laudate:

Guy, this your dream of territorial expansion will fail, oh! People from Igbanke, Ika and some other areas in your map have consistently denied being Igbo. So why are you annexing their territories in your map?? shocked
Imagine nonsense. Jst because dey denied it? Dey shud first stop speaking igbo dialect and bearing igbo names
Re: Ancient Igbo Rule Over Parts Of S Nigeria,central Afrika & Bight Of Biafra by basilo101: 12:30pm On Jul 29, 2015
laudate:

They just bear Yoruba names, wear Yoruba outfits. conduct their marriage, naming ceremonies and festivals according to Yoruba tradition, uphold Yoruba customs and traditions.... yet in your small mind, they are not Yoruba. shocked shocked

Lol, same way parts of delta and rivers are speaking igbo and having igbo names and cultures, wit d above coment u hv accepted dat dey r igbos

2 Likes

Re: Ancient Igbo Rule Over Parts Of S Nigeria,central Afrika & Bight Of Biafra by basilo101: 12:34pm On Jul 29, 2015
The ancient Biafran empire
Re: Ancient Igbo Rule Over Parts Of S Nigeria,central Afrika & Bight Of Biafra by laudate: 12:49pm On Jul 29, 2015
basilo101:

Lol, same way parts of delta and rivers are speaking igbo and having igbo names and cultures, wit d above coment u hv accepted dat dey r igbos

Bros, stop shooting yourself in the foot! Igbanke people bear names like Omorodion, Ovia, Irabor, Uwabor etc. Are those names Igbo as well?

This issue has been debated on several threads on Nairaland. Just do your research and stop calling people what they are not, biko!

https://www.nairaland.com/392463/why-ika-nation-never-likened
Re: Ancient Igbo Rule Over Parts Of S Nigeria,central Afrika & Bight Of Biafra by cheruv: 1:00pm On Jul 29, 2015
laudate:

Just as you annexed the ijebus-igbos,aworis and eguns to your territories cheesy
Re: Ancient Igbo Rule Over Parts Of S Nigeria,central Afrika & Bight Of Biafra by cheruv: 1:05pm On Jul 29, 2015
laudate:

That they bear Yoruba names and do all those Yoruba things you listed doesn't make them Yoruba. Its just like the Taiwanese and the Chinese,the Monegasque and the French or the Saudis and the Yemenis.
They're not the same bro! wink
Re: Ancient Igbo Rule Over Parts Of S Nigeria,central Afrika & Bight Of Biafra by laudate: 1:06pm On Jul 29, 2015
cheruv:

Just as you annexed the ijebus-igbos,aworis and eguns to your territories cheesy

Direct your question to the Yoruba people, because I can't speak for them. But I have worked in all those areas where Egun, Awori and Ijebu-Igbo people live and none of them have ever denied being Yoruba. All their names, customs, marriages, naming ceremonies, proverbs, ethos, traditions and norms are Yoruba. Their languages are merely dialects of Yoruba language.

You are the only one claiming that they are not Yoruba, and honestly, your ignorance is appalling! shocked shocked
Re: Ancient Igbo Rule Over Parts Of S Nigeria,central Afrika & Bight Of Biafra by laudate: 1:07pm On Jul 29, 2015
cheruv:

That they bear Yoruba names and do all those Yoruba things you listed doesn't make them Yoruba. Its just like the Taiwanese and the Chinese,the Monegasque and the French or the Saudis and the Yemenis.
They're not the same bro! wink

Why are you so ignorant? Has any of those people ever told you that they are NOT Yoruba?? shocked
Re: Ancient Igbo Rule Over Parts Of S Nigeria,central Afrika & Bight Of Biafra by cheruv: 1:08pm On Jul 29, 2015
basilo101:

Stop those frontal attacks.. Look at my replys to them on this issue and take a cue wink
Re: Ancient Igbo Rule Over Parts Of S Nigeria,central Afrika & Bight Of Biafra by cheruv: 1:11pm On Jul 29, 2015
laudate:

Direct your question to the Yoruba people, because I can't speak for them. But I have worked in all those areas where Egun, Awori and Ijebu-Igbo people live and none of them have ever denied being Yoruba. All their names, customs, marriages, naming ceremonies, proverbs, ethos, traditions and norms are Yoruba. Their languages are merely dialects of Yoruba language.

You are the only one claiming that they are not Yoruba, and honestly, your ignorance is appalling! shocked shocked
That's why experiences are different.. The ones I've worked with at times decry the fact that their 'supposed' Yoruba brethren discriminate against them kos they feel they're not real Yoruba embarassed
Re: Ancient Igbo Rule Over Parts Of S Nigeria,central Afrika & Bight Of Biafra by cheruv: 1:16pm On Jul 29, 2015
laudate:

Why are you so ignorant? Has any of those people ever told you that they are NOT Yoruba?? shocked
Ya
I've heard it severally from different aworis..they detest the fact that you hinterlanders come and take away everything they've.
Re: Ancient Igbo Rule Over Parts Of S Nigeria,central Afrika & Bight Of Biafra by omololu2020(m): 1:17pm On Jul 29, 2015
cheruv:
This is ancient Biafra wink
ibos lik u keep screamin biafra.do u even know biafra was not an ibo word,it was a word used by d portuguese.d biafran map u are showin us was drawn by europeans.
Re: Ancient Igbo Rule Over Parts Of S Nigeria,central Afrika & Bight Of Biafra by cheruv: 1:20pm On Jul 29, 2015
omololu2020:
ibos lik u keep screamin biafra.do u even know biafra was not an ibo word,it was a word used by d portuguese.d biafran map u are showin us was drawn by europeans.
Before would it be drawn by Yorubas
Simply appreciate the map and lend your support to Nigeria granting independence to these 'pesky' Igbos.
Re: Ancient Igbo Rule Over Parts Of S Nigeria,central Afrika & Bight Of Biafra by Nobody: 1:21pm On Jul 29, 2015
coolscott:

[size=18pt]This one don make me know say the Igbo man's fraudulence obviously comes from his DNA. It would seem he can't help himself just as a kleptos can't help themselves.[/size]

[size=13pt]
~SS voice[/size]
Yereba maggot on the loose claiming SS!!
Re: Ancient Igbo Rule Over Parts Of S Nigeria,central Afrika & Bight Of Biafra by tochukwuifeduba: 1:25pm On Jul 29, 2015
Ife also means light in Igbo language
Re: Ancient Igbo Rule Over Parts Of S Nigeria,central Afrika & Bight Of Biafra by omololu2020(m): 1:32pm On Jul 29, 2015
cheruv:

That's why experiences are different.. The ones I've worked with at times decry the fact that their 'supposed' Yoruba brethren discriminate against them kos they feel they're not real Yoruba embarassed
u are a fool for typin dis nonsense.pls tell me d name of d ruler of ijebu-igbo.....only eguns are not yorubas.aworis in lagos n ogun,ijebus in ogun n lagos r yorubas
Re: Ancient Igbo Rule Over Parts Of S Nigeria,central Afrika & Bight Of Biafra by omololu2020(m): 1:35pm On Jul 29, 2015
cheruv:

Before would it be drawn by Yorubas
Simply appreciate the map and lend your support to Nigeria granting independence to these 'pesky' Igbos.
u keep rantin as if biafra was in d same league as d oyo empire,benin kingdom etc.

1 Like

Re: Ancient Igbo Rule Over Parts Of S Nigeria,central Afrika & Bight Of Biafra by coolitempa(f): 1:37pm On Jul 29, 2015
ekenedegreat:
Yereba maggot on the loose claiming SS!!

Dreamers.................you are a myopic tribalistic nitwit.... cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2023: We Will Bring Prominent Leaders, Youths Into PDP - Saraki / ‘We Are Working To Produce Igbo President For Nigeria’- Ohaneze / Governors Want FG To Hand Over Federal Roads To States

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.