Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,952 members, 7,806,760 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:49 PM

Ancient Igbo Rule Over Parts Of S Nigeria,central Afrika & Bight Of Biafra - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ancient Igbo Rule Over Parts Of S Nigeria,central Afrika & Bight Of Biafra (13080 Views)

Why Did Nigeria Government Changed Bight Of Biafra To Bight Of Bonny / Time To Rename Bight Of Biafra To Bight Of Calabar / Mujahid Dokubo-asari , Ex-warlord Warns Of S.nigeria Backlash At Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ancient Igbo Rule Over Parts Of S Nigeria,central Afrika & Bight Of Biafra by cheruv: 1:38pm On Jul 29, 2015
omololu2020:
u are a fool for typin dis nonsense.pls tell me d name of d ruler of ijebu-igbo.....only eguns are not yorubas.aworis in lagos n ogun,ijebus in ogun n lagos r yorubas
Kwusi I bum asummiri biko! angry
Are you the only mad person we've to attend too ? undecided
What did you say again?
Re: Ancient Igbo Rule Over Parts Of S Nigeria,central Afrika & Bight Of Biafra by cheruv: 1:45pm On Jul 29, 2015
omololu2020:
u keep rantin as if biafra was in d same league as d oyo empire,benin kingdom etc.
Why should they
When Biafra was established around 2500BC your progenitor was running around naked in the celestial realms. Even Nri which came 1500years after the fall of the Biafran empire was still senior to Oyo and Bini by 200 years.
So you see its not possible to compare civilizations with an almost 2000year difference smiley
Re: Ancient Igbo Rule Over Parts Of S Nigeria,central Afrika & Bight Of Biafra by Nobody: 1:52pm On Jul 29, 2015
coolitempa:

Dreamers.................you are a myopic tribalistic nitwit.... cheesy
And you're a buffoon!!

female yereba maggot looking for some poo to feed on.
Re: Ancient Igbo Rule Over Parts Of S Nigeria,central Afrika & Bight Of Biafra by Nobody: 1:57pm On Jul 29, 2015
omololu2020:
Rubbish from an ibo man,ibos wia busy eatin each oda,and usin leaves to cover dia body.

And d s waste were busy eating their children.
Re: Ancient Igbo Rule Over Parts Of S Nigeria,central Afrika & Bight Of Biafra by coolitempa(f): 1:59pm On Jul 29, 2015
ekenedegreat:
And you're a buffoon!!

female yereba maggot looking for some poo to feed on.

Ekene d goat.....go and die.... grin....u r the biggest buffoon......flat.head.... cheesy
Re: Ancient Igbo Rule Over Parts Of S Nigeria,central Afrika & Bight Of Biafra by omololu2020(m): 2:00pm On Jul 29, 2015
cheruv:

Why should they
When Biafra was established around 2500BC your progenitor was running around naked in the celestial realms. Even Nri which came 1500years after the fall of the Biafran empire was still senior to Oyo and Bini by 200 years.
So you see its not possible to compare civilizations with an almost 2000year difference smiley
what made biafra fall,and y is it so hard to get records of dis ancient biafra?
Re: Ancient Igbo Rule Over Parts Of S Nigeria,central Afrika & Bight Of Biafra by Nobody: 2:41pm On Jul 29, 2015
basilo101:

Lol, same way parts of delta and rivers are speaking igbo and having igbo names and cultures, wit d above coment u hv accepted dat dey r igbos
bro u took these Out of my mouth...infact u deserve a hero lager beer from me.
Re: Ancient Igbo Rule Over Parts Of S Nigeria,central Afrika & Bight Of Biafra by seunmsg(m): 2:53pm On Jul 29, 2015
Looool, I feel you OP. If you don't have history, you can always write one for yourself after smoking weed. Good thing is, fellow weed smokers like you will buy this your version of history.

6 Likes

Re: Ancient Igbo Rule Over Parts Of S Nigeria,central Afrika & Bight Of Biafra by princdebola201(m): 3:20pm On Jul 29, 2015
This IGBO(weed) people re the true definition of Confused Race
That's why their generation uptill to date Lack Leaders, they re so confused to the extent of not knowing what they want,where they re from,No Direction.the best thing they re Good @ is to blame others for their misfortunes,despite the Massive appointments being given to them by their Ijaw Master JONADUNCE, yet Nothing tangible to show for it.

3 Likes

Re: Ancient Igbo Rule Over Parts Of S Nigeria,central Afrika & Bight Of Biafra by disumusa: 3:44pm On Jul 29, 2015
cheruv:
Only a vast Igbo Empire which had vast wealth could have yielded the artworks recovered from Igbo Ukwu. These artworks are today housed at British Museum in London. I hereby call on the Government of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II of Britain to immediately return the Igbo Ukwu artifacts back to Nigeria.

As stated earlier Igbo Kings ruled Yoruba land from the capital ife Ife. The Igbo Kings had the title Ogene. The first Ogene was installed about 600AD while the 98th Ogene was ruling at Ife about 1100AD.

Igbo Army stationed at Ife helped to sustain Igbo rule in Yoruba land. The Igbo army ruthlessly put down any uprising or challenge to Igbo
rule. This Igbo Army was made up of battle tested warriors.
Their battle field tactics, their doggedness and their hard fighting spirit is still remembered in legends up till today.
Moremi is Yoruba girl of outstanding and exceptional beauty. Her shape, the look of her eyes and the way she shook her hips while walking were all seductively and salaciously tantalizing. It is to the credit of Moremi that her exceptional beauty is still remembered today hundreds of years after her death.
A thing of beauty is a thing of joy forever.
As was the custom, once an exceptionally beautiful woman was identified, Igbo soldiers would take the beauty to the Ogene - the Igbo King. Moremi was taken by Igbo soldiers to the 98th Ogene of Ife the Igbo King to be one of his wives
About 1100AD, the Igbo King in Benin otherwise called Ogiso identified Oduduwa - an Edo man as a trouble maker and expelled him from Benin. Flushed out of Benin, Oduduwa headed to Ife gathering supporters as he moved. Arriving Ife, Oduduwa's group attacked the Igbo Kingdom in Ife headed by the 98th Ogene - the Igbo king.
The initial attack by Oduduwa's group was repelled by the Igbo Army. As fighting continued, many Yoruba in Ife joined Oduduwa's group. Even Moremi the wife of the Igbo King - the 98th Ogene defected and joined the Oduduwa led rebellion against the Igbo Kingdom in Ife.
Eventually the Igbo was defeated in Ife and Oduduwa became the ruler of Ife. Oduduwa's rule in Ife lasted less than ten years. The Yoruba were not ready to be ruled by an Edo man - Oduduwa. With the support of theY oruba - the Ooni a full blooded Yoruba man who is not a child of Oduduwa carried out a coup that outsted Oduduwa from power.· Ooni is a Yoruba expression which means "it is not your own". After the Ooni's coup, the people in Ife agreed that since the rightful owners of the throne namely the Ogene and Oduduwa both

traveled to unknown place, the Ooni should in the interim be ruling in Ife. The people in Ife' however warned the Ooni to always remember that Ooni -it is not your own" ..
With Oduduwa's Military Victory in Ife, Oduduwa's forces headed by Oranmiyan attacked Benin. After some fighting, the Igbo King in Benin otherwise called Ogiso (Sky) King was overthrown. Oranmiyan became the ruler of Benin. The Edo people were not ready to be ruled by a Yoruba man. Eweka with the support of Edo people carried out a coup which ousted Oranmiyan from power in Benin. Oranmiyan was lucky to escape alive from Benin. Eweka following his successful coup against Oranmiyan became Oba of Benin starting a new dynasty that exists till date.
Over time Igbo lost control of Congo, Uganda, Gabon, Central African Republic, Cameroon and other places and Igbo political control became restricted to Igbo land.
The collapse of the Igbo Empire created problems for Igbos. The sociopolitical environment became hostile to Igbo interests. While many Igbo choose to remain in the far flung areas of the empire, others choose to return to Igbo land. Egu and Nkalu lead a group of Igbo returnees from Congo who settled around Afikpo in Ebonyi State about 1180AD. From the Ife-Benin axis the Onitsha returnees settled in present day Onitsha town on land belonging to Obosi about 1200AD. This event led to frequent clashes and. disputes over land between Onitsha and Obosi, resulting in the "Adi amama Onitsha gwara Obosi" proverb Saga.
BY:
HRH. EZE MICHAEL A. UCHEGBU
B.Sc (Hons) ACA AMN1M LLB (Hons) BL
Legal Practitioner, Notary Public & Chartered Accountants
Eze Ndi Igbo of Badagry LGA
nonsense and nonsenstical. You rule over sw as how? Or yoruba extend their kingdom to your territory and instal oba of benin and olu of warri, including ogba egbema. These ibos like taking sugar to make them self happy.
Re: Ancient Igbo Rule Over Parts Of S Nigeria,central Afrika & Bight Of Biafra by disumusa: 3:58pm On Jul 29, 2015
asadike:
cheesy lol, i cant stop laughing o. which oduduwa? is it d same one that tripped and fell from d sky? oh God, pls help me to believe dis story o. lol.
is better to have doubted one than not to have at all , that is why people belive that ibo hales from gorrila i.e ibo beat wood as drum, hairy,beat chest muamuamua,flat head, smell like gorrilla thats why they use perfume alot, also love banana.
Re: Ancient Igbo Rule Over Parts Of S Nigeria,central Afrika & Bight Of Biafra by laudate: 3:58pm On Jul 29, 2015
cheruv:

Ya
I've heard it severally from different aworis..they detest the fact that you hinterlanders come and take away everything they've.

You LIE!! shocked shocked

How come every Awori man bears a Yoruba name, then? Where are these Yoruba people, sef? Let them come here & expose Cheruv's lies....

1 Like

Re: Ancient Igbo Rule Over Parts Of S Nigeria,central Afrika & Bight Of Biafra by EasternLion: 4:37pm On Jul 29, 2015
disumusa:
is better to have doubted one than not to have at all , that is why people belive that ibo hales from gorrila i.e ibo beat wood as drum, hairy,beat chest muamuamua,flat head, smell like gorrilla thats why they use perfume alot, also love banana.

typical monkey in the zoo.

Just envisage yourself typing to bite open a satchet of pure water, how does it feel?

Like a monkey biting a package wanting to reveal it's contents right?

Oh yeah.

Monkey!!!
Re: Ancient Igbo Rule Over Parts Of S Nigeria,central Afrika & Bight Of Biafra by cheruv: 5:15pm On Jul 29, 2015
disumusa:
nonsense and nonsenstical. You rule over sw as how? Or yoruba extend their kingdom to your territory and instal oba of benin and olu of warri, including ogba egbema. These ibos like taking sugar to make them self happy.
Including also the obong of calabar grin
I quoted someone's research and you're here talking nonsense angry
Re: Ancient Igbo Rule Over Parts Of S Nigeria,central Afrika & Bight Of Biafra by cheruv: 5:27pm On Jul 29, 2015
laudate:

You LIE!! shocked shocked

How come every Awori man bears a Yoruba name, then? Where are these Yoruba people, sef? Let them come here & expose Cheruv's lies....
I don't need yorubas I need aworis here..They're subjects of the king of Bini so are different from yorubas.
Re: Ancient Igbo Rule Over Parts Of S Nigeria,central Afrika & Bight Of Biafra by ibedun: 7:00pm On Jul 29, 2015
princdebola201:
This IGBO(weed) people re the true definition of Confused Race
That's why their generation uptill to date Lack Leaders, they re so confused to the extent of not knowing what they want,where they re from,No Direction.the best thing they re Good @ is to blame others for their misfortunes,despite the Massive appointments being given to them by their Ijaw Master JONADUNCE, yet Nothing tangible to show for it.

Abeg forgive those eastern gorillas. No verifiable history jungle cavemen seeking solace in lies. Pathetic people.
Re: Ancient Igbo Rule Over Parts Of S Nigeria,central Afrika & Bight Of Biafra by aljharem(m): 4:23am On Jul 30, 2015
Too much igbo(weed)

Op I am awori from Lagos and I am Yoruba. I don't know where you got the notion that awori egun are not Yorubas.

3 Likes

Re: Ancient Igbo Rule Over Parts Of S Nigeria,central Afrika & Bight Of Biafra by laudate: 10:45am On Jul 30, 2015
seunmsg:
Looool, I feel you OP. If you don't have history, you can always write one for yourself after smoking weed. Good thing is, fellow weed smokers like you will buy this your version of history.

Hehehe .... una no go kill person with laughter for here! cheesy grin cool

But wait o...what happened to that proverb, Igbo enwe' Eze (i.e. Igbo have no kings?)

If they had no kings, when did they suddenly start building empires? Who ruled over those empires? shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Ancient Igbo Rule Over Parts Of S Nigeria,central Afrika & Bight Of Biafra by cheruv: 11:11am On Jul 30, 2015
aljharem:
Too much igbo(weed)

Op I am awori from Lagos and I am Yoruba. I don't know where you got the notion that awori egun are not Yorubas.

Everybody knows you're not.. Isn't it the famous aljharem again? undecided
Re: Ancient Igbo Rule Over Parts Of S Nigeria,central Afrika & Bight Of Biafra by cheruv: 11:23am On Jul 30, 2015
laudate:

Hehehe .... una no go kill person with laughter for here! cheesy grin cool

But wait o...what happened to that proverb, Igbo enwe' Eze (i.e. Igbo have no kings?)

If they had no kings, when did they suddenly start building empires? Who ruled over those empires? shocked shocked

You didn't understand that proverb.. The presence of kings in western Igbo land, Onitsha, Arochukwu,Nri should tell you otherwise.
What that means is that everyone is a lord to himself and his wife and children.and even though kings maybe present, they'd not dictate to you how you run your life.
As for the ancient Biafran empire, it was ruled by the first men or the ancients, whom were known in their native tongue as Ndi Gboo(the ancient ones).majority of present day Igbos descended from those ancients with the remainder coming from outside.
Re: Ancient Igbo Rule Over Parts Of S Nigeria,central Afrika & Bight Of Biafra by laudate: 11:26am On Jul 30, 2015
cheruv:

You didn't understand that proverb.. The presence of kings in western Igbo land, Onitsha, Arochukwu,Nri should tell you otherwise.
What that means is that everyone is a lord to himself and his wife and children.and even though kings maybe present, they'd not dictate to you how you run your life.
As for the ancient Biafran empire, it was ruled by the first men or the ancients, whom were known in their native tongue as Ndi Gboo(the ancient ones).majority of present day Igbos descended from those ancients with the remainder coming from outside.

Hmnn...interesting. It is said that Onitsha came from Benin kingdom, etc. Even Nri is said to owe its ancestry to Igala people. Yet, you come here claiming different things. As far as I am concerned, it is other tribes that gave you your kings, so show them some respect, pls! cheesy

You still need to tell us where your ancients came from, oh!

1 Like

Re: Ancient Igbo Rule Over Parts Of S Nigeria,central Afrika & Bight Of Biafra by ibedun: 11:34am On Jul 30, 2015
[size=18pt]FAKE HISTORY!!

NO HISTORICAL PROOF, NO CORROBORATED FACTS, NO PHYSICAL REMNANTS!!!

IGBO PEOPLE THIS ONE NA WASH!!![/size]
Re: Ancient Igbo Rule Over Parts Of S Nigeria,central Afrika & Bight Of Biafra by disumusa: 11:42am On Jul 30, 2015
gidson12:

my friend south south is not a tribe, pls can you be proud enough to tell us your tribe, cos obasanjo was the one who created and named those bulll shiit, SS, SW,SE,NC,NE, NW, so Mr SS, what is your tribe
se is not a tribe, they are just ethnis region.
Re: Ancient Igbo Rule Over Parts Of S Nigeria,central Afrika & Bight Of Biafra by disumusa: 11:51am On Jul 30, 2015
cheruv:

Just as you annexed the ijebus-igbos,aworis and eguns to your territories cheesy
pls ibo dont corrupt or stained yorubas, this is an attemp to gum body, we dont want you and yoruba did not annexed any of your land i.e warri,edo are not your land.
Re: Ancient Igbo Rule Over Parts Of S Nigeria,central Afrika & Bight Of Biafra by cheruv: 1:58pm On Jul 30, 2015
disumusa:
[s]pls ibo dont corrupt or stained yorubas, this is an attemp to gum body, we dont want you and yoruba did not annexed any of your land i.e warri,edo are not your land[/s].
Comments: writing nonsense
Grade: F
Remarks: try and make more sense when you repeat the query
Re: Ancient Igbo Rule Over Parts Of S Nigeria,central Afrika & Bight Of Biafra by cheruv: 2:08pm On Jul 30, 2015
laudate:

Hmnn...interesting. It is said that Onitsha came from Benin kingdom, etc. Even Nri is said to owe its ancestry to Igala people. Yet, you come here claiming different things. As far as I am concerned, it is other tribes that gave you your kings, so show them some respect, pls! cheesy

You still need to tell us where your ancients came from, oh!
Too slow undecided tomorrow come and tell me you're not Yoruba cheesy
You'd ve claimed that all Igbo kings came from outside instead of stopping at Nri and Onitsha cheesy
Its a fact that onoja went from Nri to establish Idà and moreover Nri ruled a religious empire of which the Bini king was one of its adherents grin
I don't know where the ancients came from.. Still researching on that! cool
Re: Ancient Igbo Rule Over Parts Of S Nigeria,central Afrika & Bight Of Biafra by laudate: 2:12pm On Jul 30, 2015
cheruv:

Too slow undecided tomorrow come and tell me you're not Yoruba cheesy
You'd ve claimed that all Igbo kings came from outside instead of stopping at Nri and Onitsha cheesy
Its a fact that onoja went from Nri to establish Idà and moreover Nri ruled a religious empire of which the Bini king was one of its adherents grin
I don't know where the ancients came from.. Still researching on that! cool

Eeyah! You are determined to foist a Yoruba identity on me, when I am not one! wink grin cool You should really wake up from your hallucinations.

You claim that Onoja went from Nri to establish Idah! shocked shocked shocked Abeg, don't kill me with laughter!

The Igala people of Idah know the truth about their ancestry. Don't rewrite their history for them with your fake stories!

Chukwu biko! Now you are claiming the Bini were adherents of Nri's religion??! Chai! When will your lies end, biko nu? shocked

1 Like

Re: Ancient Igbo Rule Over Parts Of S Nigeria,central Afrika & Bight Of Biafra by Nobody: 2:23pm On Jul 30, 2015
disumusa:
U r very wicked cool

1 Like

Re: Ancient Igbo Rule Over Parts Of S Nigeria,central Afrika & Bight Of Biafra by cheruv: 2:23pm On Jul 30, 2015
laudate:

Eeyah! You are determined to foist a Yoruba identity on me, when I am not one! wink grin cool You should really wake up from your hallucinations.

You claim that Onoja went from Nri to establish Idah! shocked shocked shocked Abeg, don't kill me with laughter!

The Igala people of Idah know the truth about their ancestry. Don't rewrite their history for them with your fake stories!

Chukwu biko! Na you are claiming the Bini were adherents of Nri's religion??! Chai! When will your lies end, biko nu? shocked
That's from an Nri website on their history..
You can go to the Ata's palace at Idà to confirm it kos as a researcher, I've gone there and they corroborated the Nri account. This is one of the reasons why people from the omaabala and nsuka cultural areas of Igbo land say ,"Egbuchagodu Igbo niile,Igbo ka foro n'Igala" (even if you kill all Igbos, there's still a remnant[Igbo] in igala).
As for the Bini own,ask around bro grin make inquiries wink
Re: Ancient Igbo Rule Over Parts Of S Nigeria,central Afrika & Bight Of Biafra by shotster50(m): 3:39pm On Jul 30, 2015
Not a historical expert but i can tell you this is rubbish and mere wishful thinking.. Igbo in Uganda? Congo?! More reasons why we all should research our histories..
Re: Ancient Igbo Rule Over Parts Of S Nigeria,central Afrika & Bight Of Biafra by igbo2011(m): 3:47pm On Jul 30, 2015
Re: Ancient Igbo Rule Over Parts Of S Nigeria,central Afrika & Bight Of Biafra by splashbaby(m): 4:32pm On Jul 30, 2015
But why are igbos like this? They tell white lies about their past and future...and some foo.ols will believe this akpu deprived clown thinking it's fact... This indiscretions is getting out of hand, soon these confused Jews wanna be will claim the whole world.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Plan To De-market APC — Lere Olayinka / EFCC Probes N60bn ‘budget Padding’ Vote For Senators / IPOB Drags Orji Uzor Kalu To Court Over Comment About Nnamdi Kanu’s Location

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.