Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,469 members, 7,808,686 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:22 PM

Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria (84306 Views)

Top10 Toughest Universities To Get Into In Nigeria / Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria / Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by Dammytrager(m): 2:26pm On Oct 31, 2014
in my opinion I'll say these are d toughest

1.OAU
2.UI
3.Unilorin
4.Unilag
5.Funaab
6.Uniben

let's hear ur views

27 Likes

Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by Princecalm(m): 2:57pm On Oct 31, 2014
Dammytrager:

1.OAU
2.UI
3.Unilorin
4.Unilag
5.Funaab
6.Uniben

let's hear ur views
y will they not be tough,for God sake you just listed the best universities in the country but if God says yes who can say otherwise

78 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by acenazt: 3:09pm On Oct 31, 2014
heiii u didn't put ABU in dat list

74 Likes

Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by Trinxzy(m): 3:13pm On Oct 31, 2014
abu..its nt difficult to enter ooooo...jst BOMB your way in

80 Likes 1 Share

Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by alexis007(m): 3:33pm On Oct 31, 2014
no UNN?...Why am i even surprised when this is coming from a south-westerner who has not crossed the river Niger bridge b4 let alone entering Igboland?...[in phyno's voice]...JUO ESE...IFE ANA-ALU ADIRO EASY!

425 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by hausadreturn(m): 3:43pm On Oct 31, 2014
alexis007:
no UNN?...Why am i even surprised when this is coming from a south-westerner who has not crossed the river Niger bridge b4 let alone entering Igboland?...[in phyno's voice]...JUO ESE...IFE ANA-ALU ADIRO EASY!
lol....that was his opinion i guess

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by Pr0ton: 3:48pm On Oct 31, 2014
Dammytrager:

1.OAU
2.UI
3.Unilorin
4.Unilag
5.Funaab
6.Uniben

let's hear ur views

1.Unilorin
2.Uniben
3.UI
4.Unilag
5.OAU
6.Funaab

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by Olaskybab: 4:02pm On Oct 31, 2014
Pr0ton:

1.Unilorin
2.Uniben
3.UI
4.Unilag
5.OAU
6.Funaab
yaa.....
U must b right!

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by Richiy(f): 4:17pm On Oct 31, 2014
alexis007:

I disagree. UNN shouldn't be on that list. In fact, it is one of the most transparent institutions when it comes to admission process. In other words, what you get is what you gave.

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by alexis007(m): 4:32pm On Oct 31, 2014
Richiy:

I disagree. UNN shouldn't be on that list. In fact, it is one of the most transparent institutions when it comes to admission process. In other words, what you get is what you gave.
ehhyaaa!...where did you keep your IQ when you were about responding to my post?....Did you even understand what the topic was all about b4 you posted your comment?....sister,10,000 UNN wannabees applied for medsurg alone dis year...guess how many that had been taken after the release of primary and 1st supplementary lists?....BARELY 100...over 9,800 would still write JAMB next year...now if that doesn't define TOUGH competition,i wonder what does.....it's easier for Nigeria to win the world cup than for an average student to gain admission in2 the choicest courses[law,medsurg,pharmacy etc.] in UNN...ask another south-easterner if you doubt me

135 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by Dammytrager(m): 4:32pm On Oct 31, 2014
hausadreturn:
lol....that was his opinion i guess
thank u

1 Like

Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by Richiy(f): 4:39pm On Oct 31, 2014
alexis007:
ehhyaaa!...where did you keep your IQ when you were about responding to my post?....Did you even understand what the topic was all about b4 you posted your comment?....sister,10,000 UNN wannabees applied for medsurg alone dis year...guess how many that had been taken after the release of primary and 1st supplementary lists?....BARELY 100...over 9,800 would still write JAMB next year...now if that doesn't define TOUGH competition,i wonder what does.....it's easier for Nigeria to win the world cup than for an average student to gain admission in2 the choicest courses[law,medsurg,pharmacy etc.] in UNN...ask another south-easterner if you doubt me

You really do not have to resort to insults.

The 10,000 medical students you mentioned, how many made reasonable JAMB scores Because I assisted some of them to register and I know that a lot of them didn't make good scores in JAMB.

Now whose fault is that Should the school now take 10.000 people that can barely scrape through JAMB into a very sensitive course like medicine

By the way, I sense that you were probably among those denied admission. If not, ignore the insinuation.

116 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by Pr0ton: 4:56pm On Oct 31, 2014
I smell e-fight

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by alexis007(m): 5:10pm On Oct 31, 2014
Richiy:

You really do not have to resort to insults.

The 10,000 medical students you mentioned, how many made reasonable JAMB scores Because I assisted some of them to register and I know that a lot of them didn't make good scores in JAMB.

Now whose fault is that Should the school now take 10.000 people that can barely scrape through JAMB into a very sensitive course like medicine

By the way, I sense that you were probably among those denied admission. If not, ignore the insinuation.
so you are one of those who believe that there is an outrageous level of mass failure in external examinations b'cause students no longer read and are not serious with their studies?...Wrong school of thought!....that said,have you got to know what this same set of 'dullards' scored in their post utme?....Lemme drop an inkling...most people scored 300 and above as though the exams were prepared in their father's house....so Miss everyone-is-a-dullard-except-me,can you explain the discrepancy in performance in both exams?....4get it sister....Only Dibu and his cohorts know why just 47 people made 250 and above 2ru Jamb ppt mode

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by Donkaz(m): 5:28pm On Oct 31, 2014
I hear u undecided
Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by dridowu: 5:32pm On Oct 31, 2014
Dammytrager:
1.OAU
2.UI
3.Unilorin
4.Unilag
5.Funaab
6.Uniben
let's hear ur views
alexis007:
did u forget to read the bolded part when u are posting ? He can say that all University in the North are best in Nigeria if he wish. His opinion is not binding on you and i. You too can also says that all Uni in the East are the most developed, it is your opinion, so next time try to respect people opinion
@topic, i don't believe their is any toughest University to gain admission into, if you merit it you will be given admission without qualms.

63 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by Francheezy(m): 5:40pm On Oct 31, 2014
Not tough if you are Smart.
Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by Richiy(f): 6:04pm On Oct 31, 2014
alexis007:
so you are one of those who believe that there is an outrageous level of mass failure in external examinations b'cause students no longer read and are not serious with their studies?...Wrong school of thought!....that said,have you got to know what this same set of 'dullards' scored in their post utme?....Lemme drop an inkling...most people scored 300 and above as though the exams were prepared in their father's house....so Miss everyone-is-a-dullard-except-me,can you explain the discrepancy in performance in both exams?....4get it sister....Only Dibu and his cohorts know why just 47 people made 250 and above 2ru Jamb ppt mode

And you are one of those who attribute your academic failure to other factors first

Now, hold this piece of advice close for life: Success has many fathers while failure is a standalone.

If you start blaming who and what not for your failures, you will lose a whole lot.

Now, other people wrote that JAMB with you and they did well. Maybe not as well as the other years but at least they were admitted and they didn't use any back door.

They wrote that same JAMB and post JAMB and scored over 300 too in post JAMB and am 100% certain most of them didn't know anybody.

So guy, get over your bitterness and do some serious self reflection without bitterness.

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by Richiy(f): 6:08pm On Oct 31, 2014
alexis007:

And you are one of those who attribute your academic failure to other factors first

Now, hold this piece of advice close for life: Success has many fathers while failure is a standalone.

If you start blaming who and what not for your failures, you will lose a whole lot.

Now, other people wrote that JAMB with you and they did well. Maybe not as well as the other years but at least they were admitted and they didn't use any back door.

They wrote that same JAMB and post JAMB and scored over 300 too in post JAMB and am 100% certain most of them didn't know anybody.

So guy, get over your bitterness and do some serious self reflection without bitterness.

6 Likes

Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by Richiy(f): 6:19pm On Oct 31, 2014
btw, alexis007, I would advice you to seriously learn how to hold conversions with people without letting insults trickle in. That alone would add more points to your attitude.

40 Likes

Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by macklef(m): 6:28pm On Oct 31, 2014
Unilag mehn, tried like 2yrs back to back with the mindset unilag or nothing until my brain told me, ogbeni, u don dey grow bear bear o.

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:39pm On Oct 31, 2014
OP Greatest Covenant University nko?? How come it didn't make your list angry
Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by AJOT99(m): 6:41pm On Oct 31, 2014
U are right Op

1 Like

Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by rattlesnake(m): 6:43pm On Oct 31, 2014
University of suya

6 Likes

Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by Pr0ton: 6:51pm On Oct 31, 2014
Paroman:
OP Greatest Covenant University nko?? How come it didn't make your list angry

'Toughest'

7 Likes

Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by Kunleskey(m): 7:19pm On Oct 31, 2014
Na true ke...but all the easiest university they.north with.. No stress &shekele money..unlike unilorin u go pay close to 100k for rems and close to 100k 4 d institution fees.federal uni faaaaaaaaa! Although they will give u one yeye pad.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by singlefade25(f): 7:31pm On Oct 31, 2014
My school grin

1 Like

Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by omicron(m): 7:56pm On Oct 31, 2014
The toughest universities are not necessarily the best.

Most of them are tough because most candidates apply to study there becos they pay far cheaper tuition fees, since they are mainly federal schools subsidised considerably by Fed Govt.

Many of them also come with prestige and glory that u may not get elsewhr in Nigeria. For eg, if i studied at University of Nigeria, dat alone would make me seem better than one who came from one State university of Science, or one Awolowo Ojukwu Balewa University.

So no need to fight over this, or take glory in these superflous comparisons.

It's simple logic, federal unis esp the 1st and 2nd genration schools are harder to get admission into. UNN, UNILAG, UNIBEN, ABU, ILORIN, OAU, UI etc

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by prodigy22: 8:04pm On Oct 31, 2014
Since majority of nigerians are duncè no uni is hard 2enter

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by tpraiz(m): 8:29pm On Oct 31, 2014
ABU en other Universities:::::::::::corect urself Op

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by alexis007(m): 8:48pm On Oct 31, 2014
Richiy:

chai...babe check my posts now[almost crying]...do i seem to you like a dullard in class?...even in my worst @cademic form,i won't pass for an average student...that's by the way....lemme make it clearer to you on how tough it could be to 'break through into' UNN [i rep the nation's future Gani fahenwmi's-LAW things constantly on my mind]...you are right about my being a jambite...took jamb and scored 230...it's too low for my standards but i have to accept it or hug a transformer,Dibu ojerinde would say to me.We've not met each other b4 but we do converse IN THE SPIRIT REALM....i sat for pume and made 310,which when added to my jamb score and divided by 2 would bring my average to 270...to cut a long story short...270 couldn't earn a place for me in a law faculty whose cut-off mark for people from my state is 273 [just 3 marks and i'd have been on the safe side]....Now i'm made to settle down with 'COMBINED SOCIAL SCIENCES'[supplementary list got released to days ago and the 'donkey' course had my name as those who got admitted to study it.UNN can really alter one's destiny].....blah blah blah...Story of my life...So you see,my beautiful angel...IT CAN REALLY GET THIS TOUGH WHEN YOU APPLY FOR UNN...End of story

22 Likes

Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by alexis007(m): 9:04pm On Oct 31, 2014
Richiy:
btw, alexis007, I would advice you to seriously learn how to hold conversions with people without letting insults trickle in. That alone would add more points to your attitude.
insults are my idea of a robust sense of humour....and the advice that followed??...i discarded it like used sanitary pads.Anyway shaa,i'm beginning to like you.It's been aeons since a lady stood her ground against mine,though i doubt if you can do that in real life with my intimidating eyes boring down on you and my acidic tongue hurting you to the marrow.....the last girl that challenged me....She changed school because of me grin

19 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Chris Ifeanyi's Duplex (Uniabuja SUG President) / The B Of Unilorin List / I Ran Into My Classmate After 10 Years And She Did This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.