Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,805 members, 7,806,247 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:31 PM

Keshi Release His List For November Qualifiers - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Keshi Release His List For November Qualifiers (2317 Views)

AFCON Qualifiers: Mancity Writes About Iheanacho / Stephen Keshi Return Again To Lead Nigeria In Remaining Afcon Qualifiers. / Nigeria Vs Sudan: Afcon Qualifiers (3 - 1) On 15th October 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Keshi Release His List For November Qualifiers by crownprince102: 3:09pm On Oct 31, 2014
Coach Stephen Keshi has called up 25 players for the must-win 2015 Cup of Nations qualifying matches against the Red Devils of Congo and Bafana Bafana of South Africa.
Much –respected, Spain –based striker Ikechukwu Uche is called for the first time in nearly two years, and there is also a first senior team opportunity for Nasarawa United midfielder Tony Edjomari.
Home –based defender Solomon Kwambe also return, and Aaron Samuel (who got one of the goals against Sudan), Hope Akpan, Sunday Emmanuel and home –boy Emem Eduok have further chances after being called for the matches against the Falcons of Sudan.
Skipper and goalkeeper Vincent Enyeama, defenders Godfrey Oboabona and Elderson Echiejile, midfielders Ogenyi Onazi and Mikel Obi, and forwards Ahmed Musa, Emmanuel Emenike and Babatunde Michael are also invited.
All the players are expected to report at the Bolton White Apartments, Wuse, Abuja on Sunday, 9th November.
Goalkeepers: Vincent Enyeama (Lille OSC, France); Austin Ejide (Hapoel Be’er Sheva, Israel); Chigozie Agbim (Gombe United, Nigeria)
Defenders: Elderson Echiejile (Monaco FC, France); Juwon Oshaniwa (Ashdod FC, Israel); Efe Ambrose (Celtic FC, Scotland); Solomon Kwambe (Sunshine Stars, Nigeria); Godfrey Oboabona (Rizespor FC, Turkey); Kenneth Omeruo (Middlesbrough FC, England); Azubuike Egwuekwe (Warri Wolves, Nigeria)
Midfielders: John Mikel Obi (Chelsea FC, England); Ogenyi Onazi (SS Lazio, Italy); Hope Akpan (Reading FC, England); Raheem Lawal (Eskisehirspor FC, Turkey); Omatsone Aluko (Hull City, England); Tony Edjomari (Nasarawa United, Nigeria)
Forwards: Ahmed Musa (CSKA Moscow, Russia); Emmanuel Emenike (Fenerbahce FC, Turkey); Gbolahan Salami (Warri Wolves, Nigeria); Osaguona Ighodaro (Enugu Rangers, Nigeria); Ikechukwu Uche (Villareal FC, Spain); Aaron Samuel (Guangzhou R&F, China); Sunday Emmanuel (SV Scholz Grodig, Austria); Babatunde Michael (Volyn Lutsk, Ukraine): Emem Eduok (Dolphins FC, Nigeria)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Keshi Release His List For November Qualifiers by crownprince102: 3:20pm On Oct 31, 2014
Keshi is picking a good but not the best team, when will this guy learn?

1 Like

Re: Keshi Release His List For November Qualifiers by Goke7: 3:52pm On Oct 31, 2014
crownprince102:
Keshi is picking a good but not the best team, when will this guy learn?

its difficult to satisfy you guys sha, na wa o

3 Likes

Re: Keshi Release His List For November Qualifiers by solomonbrown64: 4:00pm On Oct 31, 2014
....Lyk seriously, did I just see Uche in that list!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Keshi Release His List For November Qualifiers by wordychap: 4:32pm On Oct 31, 2014
Where is victor moses
Re: Keshi Release His List For November Qualifiers by bosun11(m): 4:33pm On Oct 31, 2014
solomonbrown64:
....Lyk seriously, did I just see Uche in that list!!!!!

no u saw ur twin brother................. grin grin grin
Re: Keshi Release His List For November Qualifiers by crownprince102: 5:10pm On Oct 31, 2014
Goke7:

its difficult to satisfy you guys sha, na wa o
Sentiment apart, what's sunday emmanuel, an austrian league bench warmer doing in the team, Is Enyimba Mfon Udoh not better than the guy, the guy has no goal to his name this season. Martins, Dike, Ideye, Moses, Imoh Ezekiel etc are far better than this guy and u know it. He hasn't played a total of 90 minutes this season. So also, Is Egwekwe the best defender in the NPFL, Chinedu Efugh is there. Egwekwe has not for once made the team of the week through out this season. Agbim can't stay at the goal with our mind at rest we all know that. What if the rest of the goal keeper are injured. Germany took their best team to world cup and the were victorious, is Marko Marin, Sydney Sam, Dennis Aogo, Mario Gomez, Marc Andre Ter stegen, Max Mayer not good players?
Re: Keshi Release His List For November Qualifiers by crownprince102: 6:10pm On Oct 31, 2014
Though, he picked a very nice homebase player for Ghana clash.
Re: Keshi Release His List For November Qualifiers by Goke7: 6:23pm On Oct 31, 2014
crownprince102:

Sentiment apart, what's sunday emmanuel, an austrian league bench warmer doing in the team, Is Enyimba Mfon Udoh not better than the guy, the guy has no goal to his name this season. Martins, Dike, Ideye, Moses, Imoh Ezekiel etc are far better than this guy and u know it. He hasn't played a total of 90 minutes this season. So also, Is Egwekwe the best defender in the NPFL, Chinedu Efugh is there. Egwekwe has not for once made the team of the week through out this season. Agbim can't stay at the goal with our mind at rest we all know that. What if the rest of the goal keeper are injured. Germany took their best team to world cup and the were victorious, is Marko Marin, Sydney Sam, Dennis Aogo, Mario Gomez, Marc Andre Ter stegen, Max Mayer not good players?

my guy with the way you are ranting here, its better you apply to coach the eagles after all its because we had no replacement for keshi that's why he came back haba wetin

1 Like

Re: Keshi Release His List For November Qualifiers by Icon4s(m): 7:22pm On Oct 31, 2014
That team is not complete without Victor Moses and Sunday Mba.
Re: Keshi Release His List For November Qualifiers by crownprince102: 7:38pm On Oct 31, 2014
Goke7:

my guy with the way you are ranting here, its better you apply to coach the eagles after all its because we had no replacement for keshi that's why he came back haba wetin
sorry oooo, Keshi's in-law....... Wait and see the fate of ur country in the qualifier. Are u telling me Sunday Oliseh, Finidi George, Michael Emenalo, etc can't do the job? You are as clueless as Keshi, Birds of a Feather!!!
Re: Keshi Release His List For November Qualifiers by Samunique(m): 8:32pm On Oct 31, 2014
He recalled Uche just bcs of pressure and still left out some of our best legs that we need for these qualifiers, i.e. Moses and Obago for some unknown players.

Is this the right time to showcase players for marketing purpose considering the situation at hand?

Keshl selection method is very very questionable and fishy, if possible he should be probed.
Re: Keshi Release His List For November Qualifiers by Hanibal(m): 8:59pm On Oct 31, 2014
I cant see victor moses on d list or is my eyes not working well? cry
Re: Keshi Release His List For November Qualifiers by Goke7: 9:31pm On Oct 31, 2014
crownprince102:

sorry oooo, Keshi's in-law....... Wait and see the fate of ur country in the qualifier. Are u telling me Sunday Oliseh, Finidi George, Michael Emenalo, etc can't do the job? You are as clueless as Keshi, Birds of a Feather!!!

If we don't qualify, heaven will not fall, all the names you have mentioned as coaches are all stubborn if not more than keshi, do you think oliseh or finidi will select their players and allow interference even from the Commander in chief?

There is no better replacement for keshi now and no serious coach will coach these bunch of average players including all the martins and all other players who are not in the squad now, even amodu pick race to show how unserious we are and how bad the situation is.

My guy its your nff and sports ministry that are clueless and don't know the way forward for Nigerian football
Re: Keshi Release His List For November Qualifiers by Goke7: 9:35pm On Oct 31, 2014
Samunique:
He recalled Uche just bcs of pressure and still left out some of our best legs that we need for these qualifiers, i.e. Moses and Obago for some unknown players.

Is this the right time to showcase players for marketing purpose considering the situation at hand?

Keshl selection method is very very questionable and fishy, if possible he should be probed.

complain complain everywhere even if keshi invite the whole of real madrid and barcelona we go still complain I tire o
Re: Keshi Release His List For November Qualifiers by mpowa(m): 9:48pm On Oct 31, 2014
Hymm! I'm short of words, don't even know what to say anymore, i thought we've left confusion, but obviously confusion never leave us, na to just sit down look now, make i they support my Man u they go.
Re: Keshi Release His List For November Qualifiers by Umunede(m): 10:03pm On Oct 31, 2014
What of Victor Moses? Keshi is leaving out some of our good players
Re: Keshi Release His List For November Qualifiers by nonny487(f): 11:49pm On Oct 31, 2014
Shock of been disposed, datz why keshi brought baq uche
Re: Keshi Release His List For November Qualifiers by crownprince102: 12:01am On Nov 01, 2014
Goke7:

If we don't qualify, heaven will not fall, all the names you have mentioned as coaches are all stubborn if not more than keshi, do you think oliseh or finidi will select their players and allow interference even from the Commander in chief?

There is no better replacement for keshi now and no serious coach will coach these bunch of average players including all the martins and all other players who are not in the squad now, even amodu pick race to show how unserious we are and how bad the situation is.

My guy its your nff and sports ministry that are clueless and don't know the way forward for Nigerian football
if d nff and sport minister is corrupt and clueless, should keshi also join them? If you call Martins an average player, what is ur qualification for sunday emmanuel, chigozie agbim etc. We should all try and get to know why Keshi has remain defiant all become he won the afcon. Hassan sheatta won this same afcon 3 consecutive time with egyptian homebase players and we never heard of him dropping abouterika for an low class player, not for once did he complain and try to dictate to d egyptian FA as Keshi is doing despite the political crisis in the country. He won the afcon 3 consecutive time and resign when he had already lost only 2 matches in d next afcon qualifying campaign when he knew he has given all he had to offer and never said anytin bad abt d country odr FA. As they say, a black man has no shame..... It does apply to Keshi, he said it gallantly that "nigeria is not a serious football country" just becos he was fired. I believe only an "unserious" football coach will coach an "unserious" football country. Keshi said he would never return to d Eagles in an interview wit CABLE in brazil, out of no shame, he came back in even a shameless way...... Its better he preserves it dignity!!!
Re: Keshi Release His List For November Qualifiers by mpowa(m): 3:22am On Nov 01, 2014
crownprince102:

if d nff and sport minister is corrupt and clueless, should keshi also join them? If you call Martins an average player, what is ur qualification for sunday emmanuel, chigozie agbim etc. We should all try and get to know why Keshi has remain defiant all become he won the afcon. Hassan sheatta won this same afcon 3 consecutive time with egyptian homebase players and we never heard of him dropping abouterika for an low class player, not for once did he complain and try to dictate to d egyptian FA as Keshi is doing despite the political crisis in the country. He won the afcon 3 consecutive time and resign when he had already lost only 2 matches in d next afcon qualifying campaign when he knew he has given all he had to offer and never said anytin bad abt d country odr FA. As they say, a black man has no shame..... It does apply to Keshi, he said it gallantly that "nigeria is not a serious football country" just becos he was fired. I believe only an "unserious" football coach will coach an "unserious" football country. Keshi said he would never return to d Eagles in an interview wit CABLE in brazil, out of no shame, he came back in even a shameless way...... Its better he preserves it dignity!!!

Your complain here is why i feel tired about Nigerian football, all of the problems just rolled back again, I thought we've moved on, but obviously it's a step forward and 50 steps backards.

Really, the problem is no more Keshi, the problem is the powers that be that won't want our football to move forward. No mattter how great Keshi had performed in the past, a new board was chosen, saddled with the responsibility to manage the game, they came up with their new vision and plan, it was clear to everyone, and part of their plans is that moving forward means doing away with Keshi and having a fresh start, but somebody thinks that they don't know their jobs, now we are back here, complaining exactly about what we're crazily complainig about just 2 to 3 weeks ago, I can't raise my nerves any more.

Will Keshi be the first person to be sacked? many greatly successful people had been sacked, far more successful than Keshi and heavens did not fall, now because he won AFCON, he has to be our life-time coach. Now we know that NFF are just figure head, someone gave the goat but is not leaving the rope, but ofcouse they won't be responsible when everything goes wrong, the person holding the rope is the person we would blame.

And he goes with his political statement again 'who am I to say no'. No worry, if they tell you to put your hand inside fire, na thesame thing you go say abi? no shame for somebody who says they are looking for him allover Africa, na season film... but we're here to see how it will end.
Re: Keshi Release His List For November Qualifiers by FearGodinall: 10:39am On Nov 01, 2014
Goke7:

complain complain everywhere even if keshi invite the whole of real madrid and barcelona we go still complain I tire o
This is a man everybody was singing his praise just last year. Look at England were their team performed poorly in the world cup yet no body call for the head of the coach or critized his team selection but we are no near england in everything. That's Nigerian character for you my dear.
Re: Keshi Release His List For November Qualifiers by Jodasy: 11:02am On Nov 01, 2014
BUT SERIOUSLY,WHY Z VICTOR MOSES NOT IN THE LIST?
Re: Keshi Release His List For November Qualifiers by crownprince102: 11:04am On Nov 01, 2014
mpowa:

Your complain here is why i feel tired about Nigerian football, all of the problems just rolled back again, I thought we've moved on, but obviously it's a step forward and 50 steps backards.

Really, the problem is no more Keshi, the problem is the powers that be that won't want our football to move forward. No mattter how great Keshi had performed in the past, a new board was chosen, saddled with the responsibility to manage the game, they came up with their new vision and plan, it was clear to everyone, and part of their plans is that moving forward means doing away with Keshi and having a fresh start, but somebody thinks that they don't know their jobs, now we are back here, complaining exactly about what we're crazily complainig about just 2 to 3 weeks ago, I can't raise my nerves any more.

Will Keshi be the first person to be sacked? many greatly successful people had been sacked, far more successful than Keshi and heavens did not fall, now because he won AFCON, he has to be our life-time coach. Now we know that NFF are just figure head, someone gave the goat but is not leaving the rope, but ofcouse they won't be responsible when everything goes wrong, the person holding the rope is the person we would blame.

And he goes with his political statement again 'who am I to say no'. No worry, if they tell you to put your hand inside fire, na thesame thing you go say abi? no shame for somebody who says they are looking for him allover Africa, na season film... but we're here to see how it will end.
Tanx alot my guy, Let just wait and see the end..... Keshi just seem clueless, I can bet it wit anyone Keshi does not even know some of our player's club and the country where they play. A press member should please ask him where this set of players are
1. Kenny Otigba
2. Abiola Dauda
3. Haruna Lukman
4. Dele Alli
5. Chuks Aneke
6. Tiago Ilori, etc.
Keshi dont know this people but he saw players playing in Austria, China etc. Which satellite TV is showing Chinese and Austrian league, let's ask Keshi how they were scouted? I 'm sure they must have bought their way into the team.
Re: Keshi Release His List For November Qualifiers by Omolecturer(m): 11:39am On Nov 01, 2014
sad
Re: Keshi Release His List For November Qualifiers by Goke7: 12:02pm On Nov 01, 2014
crownprince102:

Thank God you admitted that the nff and sports ministry are corrupt, let's deal with that first the coach issue is a very small matter keshi is not the problem but our administrators no coach anywhere can dictate to his employer o or can u as an employee give orders to your employer?
Re: Keshi Release His List For November Qualifiers by crownprince102: 1:24pm On Nov 01, 2014
Goke7:

Thank God you admitted that the nff and sports ministry are corrupt, let's deal with that first the coach issue is a very small matter keshi is not the problem but our administrators no coach anywhere can dictate to his employer o or can u as an employee give orders to your employer?
Can u tell me the cause of the rift btw Keshi and Maigari? We all know that it was the ego that went into his head made him feel he has the right to do anything..... If their is proper probation on his player selection, will he select from the austrian and chinese league?
Re: Keshi Release His List For November Qualifiers by starlingbawa(m): 1:54pm On Nov 01, 2014
Goke7:

Very true to a large extent I should say!
Re: Keshi Release His List For November Qualifiers by starlingbawa(m): 2:01pm On Nov 01, 2014
FearGodinall:
This is a man everybody was singing his praise just last year. Look at England were their team performed poorly in the world cup yet no body call for the head of the coach or critized his team selection but we are no near england in everything. That's Nigerian character for you my dear.

Well said! That's what we do best most times as Nigerians and it's pathetic to say the least!

We should learn to be appreciative not only when the going is good but when there's turbulence as well!

Hmmmm Nigerians!!!
Re: Keshi Release His List For November Qualifiers by Goke7: 2:48pm On Nov 01, 2014
crownprince102:

Can u tell me the cause of the rift btw Keshi and Maigari? We all know that it was the ego that went into his head made him feel he has the right to do anything..... If their is proper probation on his player selection, will he select from the austrian and chinese league?

my guy, its not done anywhere where to interfere with a coach selection of players, if you feel the coach is not giving you results, then sack him, keshi was sacked and he was called back, is that his fault? can a coach recall himself back after being sacked or is keshi's ego so powerful that he can't be asked to go forever?

I have told you where the problem is, the sports ministry and nff, they are the mumus here who don't know what they want, not keshi. maigari was the one who fooled himself before keshi and same thing amaju pinic did too, amaju's case is even worse, he may soon be booted out of nff, will u blame keshi for that too?

(1) (Reply)

Odion Ighalo Reacts As Photos Of The Houses Allocated To 1994 Super Eagles Playe / Juventus Vs Real Madrid - H2h Stats / World Cup: Ndidi Racially Abused By Bein Sports Reporter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.