Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,293 members, 7,807,990 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:42 AM

Scenario Analysis: What If Buhari Dies As President Of Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Scenario Analysis: What If Buhari Dies As President Of Nigeria (1258 Views)

What If Buhari Dies In Office Like Yaradua??? / What If Buhari Dies? / Gen. Buhari’s Daughter, Zulaiha Buhari Dies After Child Birth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Scenario Analysis: What If Buhari Dies As President Of Nigeria by esere826: 3:14pm On Oct 31, 2014
Let's talk about General Buhari

All seems set for Buhari to clinch the APC presidential ticket
If he does get the ticket, Will he win the presidential election?

Well, he's not competing against a do-or-die opponent like Obasanjo
so he stands a chance (maybe 50/50 chance) if well managed by his goons.

1 Like

Re: Scenario Analysis: What If Buhari Dies As President Of Nigeria by esere826: 3:16pm On Oct 31, 2014
Muslim-Muslim ticket ? ..uhnnn

I've heard of some interesting talk about fielding a muslim-muslim candidate
and associated proselytization about looking for the best whether christian or muslim
(interestingly the 'objective minded' proponents of this matching don't tell us that they don't care if aethists, gays and traditional worshippers rule over us)
I intend to write about this delicate mis-balance later on, but now let me concentrate on the topic at hand.

I do have a weak spot for Buhari's corruption credential
I also think that Jonathan is great in his developmental strides.
However, we really need someone that can slow down corruption not play guitar while Nigeria burns
Unfortunately jonathan despite his other unique qualities is not able to offer this.
Re: Scenario Analysis: What If Buhari Dies As President Of Nigeria by esere826: 3:17pm On Oct 31, 2014
So let's imagine that Buhari does win

my major worry is that APC leadership in their grab at power have probably not thought out all the potential scenaroios that could be at play
In fact, I'm yet to read media commentaries on some worrisome scenarios.
Perhaps someone like Tinubu has thought about the particular scenario I have in mind and has decided to keep it close to his chest.
Maybe that is why he is trying to push for Fashola or himself to be the vice president despite the muslim-muslim question mark.
the scenario that I am presently afixed with is this:

1 Like

Re: Scenario Analysis: What If Buhari Dies As President Of Nigeria by esere826: 3:18pm On Oct 31, 2014
What if Buhari dies while in power

I have just now read that the Zambian president has just died in office. He was aged 77 years.
Buhari is currently in his 70's.

Yes, anybody can die at any time. Even someone in the prime of his youth.
But we know for sure that the death/mortality rate steeply increases as one passes the 60 year age bracket
In fact I doubt that is are a sizeable numberof Nigerian 90 years olds alive who have their real birth cirtificate
-not permutations based on markets days and sighting of the moon.

So let's say Buhari dies of old age while in power
automatically, Tinubu or his son Fashola takes over power
Of course the Core north will get upset again, accusing the South of conspiracies
Tinubu or Fashola would then have to pick a Muslim Northerner vice president -definitely not a christian one.
There won't be any smart talks that religion does not matter

And let me tell you what will then happen
The Muslim core North will band up with the muslim/xtian Middlebelt and the xtian SS and SE to produce a Muslim-xtian ticket.
Once more in the history of Nigeria, the South west will be pushed back into opposition

Does religion really matter in Nigeria? ..your guess is a good as mine

1 Like

Re: Scenario Analysis: What If Buhari Dies As President Of Nigeria by Nobody: 3:21pm On Oct 31, 2014
When you wish someone dead, he will end up witnessing your burial. Don't play God!

Cheers

5 Likes

Re: Scenario Analysis: What If Buhari Dies As President Of Nigeria by esere826: 3:24pm On Oct 31, 2014
baccaspace:
When you wish someone dead, he will end up witnessing your burial. Don't play God!

Cheers
daft superstitious crazed dude
f^k off
if u like no write will. pity...

..cheers

2 Likes

Re: Scenario Analysis: What If Buhari Dies As President Of Nigeria by tit(f): 3:25pm On Oct 31, 2014
baccaspace:

Cheers
bigot.
you are the reason nigeria does not progress.
learn to start planning for the future.

i bet i am a stronger gej supporter than you
but i have contingency plans for his death from natural causes.
even teenagers die from natural causes.
as pretty as i am, i can die today.

1 Like

Re: Scenario Analysis: What If Buhari Dies As President Of Nigeria by kettykin: 3:26pm On Oct 31, 2014
esere826:
What if Buhari dies while in power

I have just now read that the Zambian president has just died in office. He was aged 77 years.
Buhari is currently in his 70's.

Yes, anybody can die at any time. Even someone in the prime of his youth.
But we know for sure that the death/mortality rate steeply increases as one passes the 60 year age bracket
In fact I doubt that is are a sizeable numberof Nigerian 90 years olds alive who have their real birth cirtificate
-not permutations based on markets days and sighting of the moon.

So let's say Buhari dies of old age while in power
automatically, Tinubu or his son Fashola takes over power
Of course the Core north will get upset again, accusing the South of conspiracies
Tinubu or Fashola would then have to pick a Muslim Northerner -definitely not a christian one.
There won't be any smart talks that religion does not matter

And let me tell you what will then happen
The Muslim core North will band up with the muslim/xtian Middlebelt and the xtian SS and SE to produce a Muslim-xtian ticket.
Once more in the history of Nigeria, the South west will be pushed back into opposition

Does religion really matter in Nigeria? ..your guess is a good as mine

I like this analysis but you failed woefully to factor in the ogundipe factor in your analysis , if Buhari dies in office, they office will remain vacant until the senate president takes over because there will not be much southern or christian support for the Vice who could be tinubu or fashola which would leave him with very little options than to go to london on self imposed exile leaving a vacuum of power which can only be filled by the third most powerful politician which is the senate president General of Nigeria which could be David Mark or some fellows from the south east or south south depending on the zoning of power
Re: Scenario Analysis: What If Buhari Dies As President Of Nigeria by Idrismusty97(m): 3:28pm On Oct 31, 2014
Why are you mentioning Fashola and Tinubu?

We Are Not Planning To Field A Muslim-Muslim
Ticket – APC
https://www.nairaland.com/1972218/not-planning-field-muslim-muslim-ticket

So it is definitely Buhari and a Christian. The vice president(A Christian) would likely take over. You may want to rewrite your analysis.
Re: Scenario Analysis: What If Buhari Dies As President Of Nigeria by tit(f): 3:32pm On Oct 31, 2014
kettykin:

I like this analysis but you failed woefully to factor in the ogundipe factor in your analysis , if Buhari dies in office, they office will remain vacant until the senate president takes over because there will not be much southern or christian support for the Vice who could be tinubu or fashola which would leave him with very little options than to go to london on self imposed exile leaving a vacuum of power which can only be filled by the third most powerful politician which is the senate president General of Nigeria which could be David Mark or some fellows from the south east or south south depending on the zoning of power

jweed is not good for your health.
If the president dies, the vice president becomes the president.
period.
Like it happened between yardua and jonathan
if the president is incapacitated, the voice becomes an acting president
like it is playing out between Suntai and his deputy,

Stop smoking
Re: Scenario Analysis: What If Buhari Dies As President Of Nigeria by esere826: 3:38pm On Oct 31, 2014
Idrismusty97:
Why are you mentioning fashola?

My write up is what is called scenario analysis.
It is as likely as it is unlikely, but not impossible

We Are Not Planning To Field A Muslim-Muslim
Ticket – APC
https://www.nairaland.com/1972218/not-planning-field-muslim-muslim-ticket

So it is definitely Buhari and a Christian. The vice president(A Christian) would likely take over. You may want to rewrite your analysis.

I agree and believe APC will try to avoid a muslim-muslim ticket.
But if you don't mind me educating you. The article you posted does not say so.
What it says is that APC's goal is NOT to look for a muslim-muslim ticket.

For example:
"john says he's not looking for a cook, but for a wife".
This does not mean that John will reject a wife who is a cook.

that is what we call verbal reasoning
...got it?

1 Like

Re: Scenario Analysis: What If Buhari Dies As President Of Nigeria by smarthG(f): 3:39pm On Oct 31, 2014
I really love your calculation and analysis. Yaradua was not obviously ill whenhe was coming into power but after he entered the stress that comes with being a leader engulfed him and he ....?

I do not pray Buhari dies, but I pray he doesn't win because I don't see what an old militantry man is gonna do for Nigeria.

I was hoping Devid Mark will make a better president For Nigeria.

God bless Nigeria.
Re: Scenario Analysis: What If Buhari Dies As President Of Nigeria by bamosagie(m): 3:45pm On Oct 31, 2014
Buhari/Amaechi combination, then get ready for the second Nigerian civil war.
Re: Scenario Analysis: What If Buhari Dies As President Of Nigeria by Idrismusty97(m): 3:54pm On Oct 31, 2014
esere826:

My write up is what is called scenario analysis.
It is as likely as it is unlikely, but not impossible

I agree and believe APC will try to avoid a muslim-muslim ticket.
But if you don't mind me educating you. The article you posted does not say so.
What it says is that APC's goal is NOT to look for a muslim-muslim ticket.

For example:
"john says he's not looking for a cook, but for a wife".
This does not mean that John will reject a wife who is a cook.

that is what we call verbal reasoning
...got it?
Yea got it. At least you agreed APC will avoid a Muslim-Muslim ticket. Your scenario analysis is very very unlikely. Buhari have been picking Christians running mates since 2003. He understand the religious diversity of Nigeria even do there are credible Muslims candidates.
“In 2003, I chose Okadigbo as my running mate. He was a Roman Catholic. He was an Igbo. In
2007, I picked Ume-Ezeoke. He was a Roman Catholic. He was an Igbo. And in 2010, I chose even a pastor. Pastor Tunde Bakare.
Re: Scenario Analysis: What If Buhari Dies As President Of Nigeria by ToyozzieTohBad(f): 4:30pm On Oct 31, 2014
Why death wishes na?

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians Let Us All Support President Jonathan In His Tranformation Agenda- / Government Directs Police To “Screen” Vigilante Groups In North East / These 13 Families Rule The World: The Shadow Forces Behind The NWO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.