Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,801 members, 7,806,230 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:18 PM

FG Has No Intention To Ban Commercial Motorcycles - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / FG Has No Intention To Ban Commercial Motorcycles (12973 Views)

Commercial Bus Catches Fire On Lekki Expressway In Lagos (photos) / Several Dead As Trailer Crushes Commercial Bus At Ketu, Lagos (Graphic Photos) / Pls Read -bought A Honda Pilot 03 Without Even Having The Intention To. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Has No Intention To Ban Commercial Motorcycles by Obinoscopy(m): 7:04pm On Oct 31, 2014
The ministry of transport has refuted claims in the media on the federal government’s plan to ban the use of commercial motorcycle nationwide.

In a statement made available to Leadership Friday yesterday, the ministry described the report as not only misleading, but inaccurate.

It was reported that the need to ban the use of motorcycles as commercial means of transport in Nigeria was one of the measures proposed by stakeholders at the National Council on Transport (NCT) that held in Enugu State and is geared towards adequate provision of safety and safe transportation in Nigeria.

However the statement from the ministry which was signed by the permanent secretary stated that stakeholders at the National Council on Transport (NCT) did not resolve that the federal government should ban the use of commercial motorcycles nationwide.
http://leadership.ng/business/388757/fg-intention-ban-commercial-motorcycle

1 Like

Re: FG Has No Intention To Ban Commercial Motorcycles by Nobody: 7:06pm On Oct 31, 2014
Fashola said the same thing,yet he did it partially..

Truth is that Nigeria isn't ready for this rush-rush to copy the western world,so many things must be in place.

Banning okada is another way of enriching the law enforcers,because you,and I know its ban won't be effective implemented with the sorry state of Nigeria roads.

Am first to comment,I feel great.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Has No Intention To Ban Commercial Motorcycles by iceberylin(m): 7:06pm On Oct 31, 2014
[size=20pt]şţoŗy ƒoŗ ţђę GODS undecided[/size]

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: FG Has No Intention To Ban Commercial Motorcycles by austinbrown: 7:06pm On Oct 31, 2014
ok
Re: FG Has No Intention To Ban Commercial Motorcycles by klem93(m): 7:06pm On Oct 31, 2014
Good idea
Re: FG Has No Intention To Ban Commercial Motorcycles by Erotex(m): 7:06pm On Oct 31, 2014
Good news to machine parts seller

1 Like

Re: FG Has No Intention To Ban Commercial Motorcycles by McLuhan(m): 7:07pm On Oct 31, 2014
In my opinion, commercial motorcycling is a symptom of the high level of poverty in Nigeria. Commercial motorcycles, or okadas as they are popularly called, first appeared in the late 1980s during an economic downturn in Nigeria. Jobless youths transported passengers on narrow or poorly maintained roads to faraway cities and villages. Today, unfortunately, the rise in okada usage has been accompanied by increased occurences of risky riding and road accidents. Furthermore, the proliferation of commercial motorcycles often comes with its attendant aesthetic and environmental challenges to city life. Consequently, I don't think commercial motorcycling is sustainable in the long run. For that reason, every responsible government must design proactive mass transit programmes, as well as job creation shemes, for its people.

6 Likes

Re: FG Has No Intention To Ban Commercial Motorcycles by brownlord: 7:07pm On Oct 31, 2014
Lol, expect that ban feb 15 if Jonathan is reelected, never trust politicians, they just refute to gain vote and will announce the ban after winning election, if you doubt me, ask the Go and Die Comrade governor.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Has No Intention To Ban Commercial Motorcycles by QMark: 7:07pm On Oct 31, 2014
X: "Sir, Okada will be needed to move ballot papers meant for rigging faster. We can ban it after election."

Y: "Ok. That makes sense. Go and deny the news"

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Has No Intention To Ban Commercial Motorcycles by Osakah24(m): 7:07pm On Oct 31, 2014
All hail our compassionate president. Gej2019

1 Like

Re: FG Has No Intention To Ban Commercial Motorcycles by kendrick93(m): 7:07pm On Oct 31, 2014
okadas shld be banned.. they cause more harm dan gud so dey should rightfully be banned
Re: FG Has No Intention To Ban Commercial Motorcycles by Nobody: 7:08pm On Oct 31, 2014
PDP needs to go

7 Likes

Re: FG Has No Intention To Ban Commercial Motorcycles by morbid: 7:08pm On Oct 31, 2014
I don hear. Any other news??
Re: FG Has No Intention To Ban Commercial Motorcycles by omenka(m): 7:08pm On Oct 31, 2014
Ahap!! Even when I read it the other week, I said they can't TRY it when elections are just round the corner!!

In an election season, you hurt the commercial motorcyclists at your own peril!! grin

2 Likes

Re: FG Has No Intention To Ban Commercial Motorcycles by Nobody: 7:08pm On Oct 31, 2014
Better...was worried about the side effects of the Ban

1 Like

Re: FG Has No Intention To Ban Commercial Motorcycles by tayork(m): 7:08pm On Oct 31, 2014
They should not think of that... it tru this motorcycle people feed thier family

2 Likes

Re: FG Has No Intention To Ban Commercial Motorcycles by freshness2020: 7:08pm On Oct 31, 2014
..τ̲̅ђe ban was τ̲̅ђe handiwork of τ̲̅ђe APC!
..they've seen that the ruling party have capitalise on τ̲̅ђe ban on okada as their political strategy against the APC in Lagos...and they are gaining grounds on it!
...left for me, Okada should be banned but before that, τ̲̅ђe government should provide another streams of income for them..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Has No Intention To Ban Commercial Motorcycles by msmon(m): 7:09pm On Oct 31, 2014
God safe them!

In other news, barely 12 year after he
sang 'Nigeria jaga jaga', Eidris
Abdulkarim said Nigeria is no more
jaga jaga.
www.nairaland.com/1974978/nigeria-
no-more-jaga-jaga-eedris

AND
President Jonathan reads while
Nigerians are asleep (Pictures)
www.nairaland.com/1975531/president-
jonathan-reads-during-bed

LASTLY
Stephen Keshi said he's yet to decide on
eagles return.
www.nairaland.com/1974973/im-yet-
decide-eagles-return
Re: FG Has No Intention To Ban Commercial Motorcycles by chronique(m): 7:09pm On Oct 31, 2014
Why do we always have conflicting stories and denials in this country all the time? Do the people responsible for disemmination of information,understand how much embarrassment they are causing the country? The Nigerian media is almost nothing to write about again;sometimes,I wonder what the outside world thinks about Nigeria as a country.

1 Like

Re: FG Has No Intention To Ban Commercial Motorcycles by arshavineering(m): 7:09pm On Oct 31, 2014
make them no even try that shit......yeye just de smell everywhere
Re: FG Has No Intention To Ban Commercial Motorcycles by Chiefpriest1(m): 7:10pm On Oct 31, 2014
Its election period. The guy who made the announcement initially has probably been warned to retract it or face sacking. Anything for 2015

2 Likes

Re: FG Has No Intention To Ban Commercial Motorcycles by oc2fish: 7:10pm On Oct 31, 2014
Not that I like Okada and their Wahala but for now nothing can be done. By the time you said nation wide now village police will start aresting poor villagers going to farm with their children so that they can extort money from them..

2 Likes

Re: FG Has No Intention To Ban Commercial Motorcycles by Ezehp: 7:10pm On Oct 31, 2014
Let it be true as said
Re: FG Has No Intention To Ban Commercial Motorcycles by Barselonia(m): 7:10pm On Oct 31, 2014
all what pdp can do is to bring hardship for Nigerian.... politicians can't ban Something that wouldn't favour them in return....
what I was thinking is maybe one them want to start importation of KEKENAPEP, That's y Dey wan motorcycle...

f^ck executive arm
f^ck legislative arm
f^ck judiciary arm.....

long live Nigeria

1 Like

Re: FG Has No Intention To Ban Commercial Motorcycles by ayo4dworld(m): 7:11pm On Oct 31, 2014
Beautiful! So as to reduce crime rate and insurgency. May God continue to give our leaders wisdom to guide us aright at all times
Re: FG Has No Intention To Ban Commercial Motorcycles by henryobinna(m): 7:11pm On Oct 31, 2014
better!
Re: FG Has No Intention To Ban Commercial Motorcycles by lalasticlala(m): 7:12pm On Oct 31, 2014
Chiefpriest1:
Its election period. The guy who made the announcement initially has probably been warned to retract it or face sacking. Anything for 2015
Re: FG Has No Intention To Ban Commercial Motorcycles by BJAYADEMOLA(m): 7:12pm On Oct 31, 2014
If i hear... Ban wetin.. Okada improving life bfore jonathan administration. U wan cause anoder unemployment instead of creating job

2 Likes

Re: FG Has No Intention To Ban Commercial Motorcycles by ignis: 7:13pm On Oct 31, 2014
The FG is confused. ..
#Misplaced priorities

1 Like

Re: FG Has No Intention To Ban Commercial Motorcycles by Osakah24(m): 7:13pm On Oct 31, 2014
Another sign of a listening Presidoo. Re-frying akara only makes it hot not fresh All this Pdp jumpologist wont guarantee change. Okada people supports Ebele.

1 Like

Re: FG Has No Intention To Ban Commercial Motorcycles by Blackchampion(m): 7:13pm On Oct 31, 2014
Re: FG Has No Intention To Ban Commercial Motorcycles by ice74: 7:14pm On Oct 31, 2014

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Tyres Are Made And Its Main Parts / Is This Engine Oil Good To Service My Corolla / My Camry 2008 A/c

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.