Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,855 members, 7,802,742 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:32 PM

Gave My Car To Mechanic Without Telling Me. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Gave My Car To Mechanic Without Telling Me. (3296 Views)

Whats D Longest time U ve Driven Ur Car Without A Trip To Mechanic / Mercedes-Benz Unveils Self-Driving Car To Be On Sale By 2020 / Best Way To Ship A Car To Lagos? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gave My Car To Mechanic Without Telling Me. by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:44pm On Oct 31, 2014
Car gurus how would you feel if your car was given to an under a mango tree mechanic without your knowledge for a MAJOR JOB. Lomomike,ikenna351 nissparts, cityng ,nicetoo ,mayor2013 ,siena ,cityng, and all the car gurus would love to know how you would take it.............. Would be nice to know cause it just happened to me and I have not seen the job but I hope I'm not overreacting.
Re: Gave My Car To Mechanic Without Telling Me. by aieromon(m): 9:15pm On Oct 31, 2014
Who did you give your car to?
Was the car having any issues that the person felt a roadside mechanic could handle? If it was,I guess the person gave out the car based on his level of reasoning. A simple instruction would have prevented this from happening.
Re: Gave My Car To Mechanic Without Telling Me. by Nobody: 9:21pm On Oct 31, 2014
Hmmm...this one pass me.

No one works on my cars except me.
Re: Gave My Car To Mechanic Without Telling Me. by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:22pm On Oct 31, 2014
aieromon:
Who did you give your car to?
Was the car having any issues that the person felt a roadside mechanic could handle? If it was,I guess the person gave out the car based on his level of reasoning. A simple instruction would have prevented this from happening.

Bross nah MY car, clutch got burnt by an inexperienced driver, I said park it, next thing I hear my car is with kazeem!!

1 Like

Re: Gave My Car To Mechanic Without Telling Me. by chucky234(m): 9:22pm On Oct 31, 2014
First drive the car to know if the said mechanic did a good job or not.
Re: Gave My Car To Mechanic Without Telling Me. by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:23pm On Oct 31, 2014
CityNG:
Hmmm...this one pass me.

No one works on my cars except me.

That has been the norm till today o!
Re: Gave My Car To Mechanic Without Telling Me. by Nobody: 10:33pm On Oct 31, 2014
GAZZUZZ:
Car gurus how would you feel if your car was given to an under a mango tree mechanic without your knowledge for a MAJOR JOB. Lomomike,ikenna351 nissparts, cityng ,nicetoo ,mayor2013 ,siena ,cityng, and all the car gurus would love to know how you would take it.............. Would be nice to know cause it just happened to me and I have not seen the job but I hope I'm not overreacting.

Sorry about that situation chief Gazzuzz. Sometimes, out of fear and in a bid to lessen the anger, pain and terror a boss might unleash on his inferior officers (no offence pls) the inexperienced worker might take some action which are against his master's line of action and reasoning. This blows everything out of proportion. Pls calm down and put yourself in that young man's shoes. He was afraid of hurting you and kindling your anger hence, his mistakes. Calm down go see the work progress, if its not to your satisfaction, you can either direct the mechanic or take the job and execute it personally. Later call him (your junior worker), sit him down and tell him how you handle some issues.

3 Likes

Re: Gave My Car To Mechanic Without Telling Me. by Homguy(m): 10:44pm On Oct 31, 2014
Hello, relax. Not all" under the mango mechanics" in Nigeria are clowns. I have met some decent ones that wouldnt remove your cat because it makes the car "drink" fuel or severe your thermostat at the slightest excuse.

2 Likes

Re: Gave My Car To Mechanic Without Telling Me. by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:47pm On Oct 31, 2014
lomomike:

Sorry about that situation chief Gazzuzz. Sometimes, out of fear and in a bid to lessen the anger, pain and terror a boss might unleash on his inferior officers (no offence pls) the inexperienced worker might take some action which are against his master's line of action and reasoning. This blows everything out of proportion. Pls calm down and put yourself in that young man's shoes. He was afraid of hurting you and kindling your anger hence, his mistakes. Calm down go see the work progress, if its not to your satisfaction, you can either direct the mechanic or take the job and execute it personally. Later call him (your junior worker), sit him down and tell him how you handle some issues.

Bross I taya car was just disvirgined, never been fixed since I bought her, the maintenance shedule was so on point from the 1 and only previous owner in germany, all work was done in toyota dealerships was hoping when ever she needed a major job illd be preveledged to be the one. Nah case of I must drive car o! And the mechanic nah serial killer. Cause I said park it till I come. But thanks. Meanwhile if person drop your RX330 gear box cause of oil leak without notifying you what would u do? Cause e easy to say calm down.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gave My Car To Mechanic Without Telling Me. by Nobody: 10:56pm On Oct 31, 2014
GAZZUZZ:

Bross I taya car was just disvirgined, never been fixed since I bought her, the maintenance shedule was so on point from the 1 and only previous owner in germany, all work was done in toyota dealerships was hoping when ever she needed a major job illd be preveledged to be the one. Nah case of I must drive car o! And the mechanic nah serial killer. Cause I said park it till I come. But thanks. Meanwhile if person drop your RX330 gear box cause of oil leak without notifying you what would u do? Cause e easy to say calm down.

undecided angry
Na another person own RX no be my own. Motor I hustle save money, I no enjoy new year complete I enter motor go inspect motor, rub body for dust and hand over the cash to the sellers, wait for clearance before I carry?
No way!

1 Like

Re: Gave My Car To Mechanic Without Telling Me. by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:01pm On Oct 31, 2014
lomomike:

undecided angry
Na another person own RX no be my own. Motor I hustle save money, I no enjoy new year complete I enter motor go inspect motor, rub body for dust and hand over the cash to the sellers, wait for clearance before I carry?
No way!

Oh boi calm down grin

3 Likes

Re: Gave My Car To Mechanic Without Telling Me. by Nobody: 11:07pm On Oct 31, 2014
GAZZUZZ:

Oh boi calm down grin

I no dey use that motor play at all because I know wetin e mean. cheesy
Re: Gave My Car To Mechanic Without Telling Me. by aieromon(m): 12:11am On Nov 01, 2014
Gazzuzz vs Kazeem grin
Re: Gave My Car To Mechanic Without Telling Me. by simiolu1(m): 1:21am On Nov 01, 2014
aieromon:
Gazzuzz vs Kazeem grin
Round 1! Fight!
I no fit laugh *sorry Gazzuzz*
Re: Gave My Car To Mechanic Without Telling Me. by mayor2013: 7:43am On Nov 01, 2014
Under mango tree grin. Kazeem performs experiment on Gazzuz's car
Re: Gave My Car To Mechanic Without Telling Me. by nissparts(m): 4:57pm On Nov 01, 2014
The location of the mechanic is not what is important. There are several kazeems in lagos who can school major new wave garages in the art of auto repairs.
Just hope this Kazeem is one of them.
Re: Gave My Car To Mechanic Without Telling Me. by Nobody: 6:29pm On Nov 01, 2014
lomomike:

I no dey use that motor play at all because I know wetin e mean. cheesy
so bro, which car are we talking about cox definitely,a toyota camry situation will be diff from an S-class
Re: Gave My Car To Mechanic Without Telling Me. by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:39pm On Nov 01, 2014
nissparts:
The location of the mechanic is not what is important. There are several kazeems in lagos who can school major new wave garages in the art of auto repairs.
Just hope this Kazeem is one of them.

The remove thermostat/remove catalyst/burst radiator while lifting engine by hand kinda kazeem cry
Re: Gave My Car To Mechanic Without Telling Me. by Nobody: 6:43pm On Nov 01, 2014
Bossforeva:
so bro, which car are we talking about cox definitely,a toyota camry situation will be diff from an S-class

Not even talking camry bro
Re: Gave My Car To Mechanic Without Telling Me. by chucky234(m): 10:37pm On Nov 01, 2014
lomomike:

undecided angry
No way!
hehehehe
Re: Gave My Car To Mechanic Without Telling Me. by 9icetoo(m): 2:34pm On Nov 02, 2014
I don't think anyone who takes my car to a mechanic for even a minor job without telling me will find my reaction funny. My reaction would be epic. LOL. I know its just a car but hey these guys can commit heinous crimes on a vehicle when not closely monitored. I even go under the car with the alignment guy which is a minor job not to talk about a job that will involve opening the engine bay. One unwritten rule i have whenever i give my car to anyone is "if shit happens, give me a call before any mechanic touches the car".
Re: Gave My Car To Mechanic Without Telling Me. by Ikenna351(m): 10:17pm On Nov 02, 2014
You are complaining? Hmm! Your case beta sef! In my case, na me carry my own 2 hands and my money, carry my Baby give someone to adjust simple Alternator belt that would make a little noise at cold start and stop after few minutes. Something I would have done myself. But I wanted some other person to chop from me.

Guess what happened? The car was grounded since July till 2 weeks ago when I resurrected her again. just to adjust ordinary auxiliary belt. July, August, September, October. 4 months! That's the price I paid for allowing another person touch the bonnet for something I could easily do myself. I have told the full story to the WhatsApp Lions communities.

So, your case is sugar. Mine? Hmm!

Ikenna
Re: Gave My Car To Mechanic Without Telling Me. by nissparts(m): 12:00am On Nov 03, 2014
Chief, I am interested in the details of this alternator belt case. How we non-whatsapp lion members go hear am na?
Re: Gave My Car To Mechanic Without Telling Me. by Ikenna351(m): 9:34am On Nov 03, 2014
nissparts:
Chief, I am interested in the details of this alternator belt case. How we non-whatsapp lion members go hear am na?

Sorry, the story is for Lions and Lionesses. tongue

Ikenna
Re: Gave My Car To Mechanic Without Telling Me. by bravolad(m): 10:05am On Nov 03, 2014
I don't give my vehicle to anyone to drive neither do I ask anyone to use their vehicles. This way, I avoid unnecessary problems. People are funny. Once your reaction falls short of their expectation, they ask you " why are you reacting like this for just an ordinary car". So for me, I would rather avoid it because the sound of the bitter cola in the mouth does not reflect the taste.

1 Like

Re: Gave My Car To Mechanic Without Telling Me. by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:17pm On Nov 04, 2014
Update: I entered lagos on sunday afternoon I saw the car but was to tired to inspect the work, on monday I went out early with my other car, but this morning I opened the hood and looked around the engine bay, was shocked!!! Kazeem has really upgraded!! Harness was in place, bolts looked firm, no oil stains,no missing screws or bolts, hmm I was shocked, checked the fluids, same colour of coolant at normal level, checked engine oil, it was fine, I put a foot mat on the ground and inspected the base, it looked intact so I cranked her, she came to life sharp as usual, but with a leaking exhaust sound (lagos roads I assume) put her in gear drove forward and back it seemed alright.

Long story short apart from a few scratches kazeem did a fine job, ill go thru the job weekend and cross check that every thing is bolted in properly. For now car is parked.

Thanks for all your contributions still waiting to hear more.

Ikenna351 seems you went through a lot lately hard luck.
Re: Gave My Car To Mechanic Without Telling Me. by doroboss(m): 7:35pm On Nov 04, 2014
So kazeem cleared your doubt? tongue all the hype was for nothing. You are not the only one that can handle tools you know tongue
Re: Gave My Car To Mechanic Without Telling Me. by Nobody: 6:21am On Nov 05, 2014
Kazzeemmm don get lappy to browse car repairs on youtube and him even see your Nairaland bashing thread, so him clear your doubt grin
Re: Gave My Car To Mechanic Without Telling Me. by ogawisdom(m): 1:29pm On Nov 05, 2014
Ikenna351:

Sorry, the story is for Lions and Lionesses. tongue

Ikenna

Ik r u a lion

I am a super lion too wink but nt in Abj
Re: Gave My Car To Mechanic Without Telling Me. by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:54pm On Nov 05, 2014
ogawisdom:

Ik r u a lion

I am a super lion too wink but nt in Abj

Dis one wey unna de arrange jungle for this thread? grin
Re: Gave My Car To Mechanic Without Telling Me. by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:39am On Nov 09, 2014
New update 7:35am sunday 9th nov presently stuck on ibadan express road, problem is alternator not working, guess kazeem swaped my battery terminals. Just quietly vexing alone. cry
Re: Gave My Car To Mechanic Without Telling Me. by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:15am On Nov 09, 2014
Moving gradually, dissonected fans, drl, brakelights, all non-essentials.......

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Selling Cars At Carmart.ng Is The Best / Lexus ES 350 Or Toyota Camry Muscle 2011 / Car Remote Drains Battery Fast.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.