Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,012 members, 7,806,943 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:31 AM

Scientists Advance The Notion Of Many Interacting Worlds. - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Scientists Advance The Notion Of Many Interacting Worlds. (2472 Views)

Why Didn't Nigeria Advance The Study Of Technology Behind OGBUNIGWE? / NASA Scientists Finds Message From God On Planet Mars / Nigerian Scientists Develop Fuelless Generator (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Scientists Advance The Notion Of Many Interacting Worlds. by plaetton: 4:37pm On Nov 01, 2014
The multi-verse theory is not a new one, but scientists are beginning to take it more seriously, as they delve deeper down into the strange world of Quantum Physics.
In fact, the multi-universe theory, with the different universes occasionally interacting with each other, might very well explain many of the mysteries of sub-atomic physics, as well as offering a better understanding of what we normally refer to as spiritual or supernatural phenomena .

Even something as simple as lucid dreams, visions and epiphanies may very be due to accidental brushes or interactions with inter-dimensional or alternate universes.

With the knowledge that universe can only be fully understood in terms of Energy, Vibrations and Frequency, It is my personal belief that the quantum mechanical properties of our brains acts as a conduit to other realities, dimensions or universes where the laws of physics might be operating differently from ours .

I also believe that divinations, certain psychodelic herbs, certain occultic rituals, certain unique blends of sound or music are also capable of affecting mind or matter and opening gateways to other dimensions.
This what all the shamans of all ages have been screeming to us.

So it seems, that once again, science is prying open mysteries once relegated to the realms of the spiritual.
There is nothing that is actually spiritual.
The Spiritual are only a mysteries that are yet to be scientifically discovered and dissected.

http://phys.org/news/2014-10-interacting-worlds-theory-scientists-interaction.html

Tag: Deepsight.

2 Likes

Re: Scientists Advance The Notion Of Many Interacting Worlds. by PastorKun(m): 4:51pm On Nov 01, 2014
I sometimes find it difficult to reconcile your world views with your delusion with atheism. This multiverse concept is also pointing to the supernatural but of course you choose to interprete it another way. Anyway you look at it you can never fault the "intelligent design" argument cause a world that is proving to be far more complex than we realise can certainly not be by random chance, to say otherwise would be the height of irrationality

4 Likes

Re: Scientists Advance The Notion Of Many Interacting Worlds. by AmunRaOlodumare: 5:03pm On Nov 01, 2014

1 Like

Re: Scientists Advance The Notion Of Many Interacting Worlds. by plaetton: 5:13pm On Nov 01, 2014
PastorKun:
I sometimes find it difficult to reconcile your world views with your delusion with atheism. This multiverse concept is also pointing to the supernatural but of course you choose to interprete it another way. Anyway you look at it you can never fault the "intelligent design" argument cause a world that is proving to be far more complex than we realise can certainly not be by random chance, to say otherwise would be the height of irrationality

The there is nothing delusional about an atheistic worldview.
An open mind is better than a closed one.
An atheistic worldview gives me the freedom to explore facts and truth, as well as the freedom to make choices anytime without the yolk of cognitive dissonance.

If you read my post you would recognized that the point I am trying to make is that something is only supernatural when we do not understand it.
You can use the word supernatural all you like to describe things that you do not understand or that scare you, but that does not in any way point to or show a big daddy sitting somewhere.

I still cannot understand why mystery also has to be god-did-it.

No scientists has ever promoted that the universe is not complex.
In fact, it is the homo religilous that promotes a simple kindergarten view of the universe under the false pretext that they already know all the answers.
Science is a question, not an answer.

Your problem, as encapsulated in your last statement, is that you already have the answers.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Scientists Advance The Notion Of Many Interacting Worlds. by urheme: 8:47pm On Nov 01, 2014
Pleatton is so angry with the christian God.
He has come to tell us that science has unbundled religious mysteries which explains that god does no exist.
grin grin

God is real and not a mystery, yes, religion has been mystified because of greed and power, simply put; it has been hijacked by business men, so pleatton is right to some extent, there is no god here

1 Like

Re: Scientists Advance The Notion Of Many Interacting Worlds. by asalimpo(m): 9:30pm On Nov 01, 2014
The guy is earnest and sincere. If only he cud hav roasted yam where he is going to.

Pull ya head outta tht crap science is feedg ya and accept Jesus Christ bf its too late.

1 Like

Re: Scientists Advance The Notion Of Many Interacting Worlds. by JackBizzle: 9:36pm On Nov 01, 2014
At this stage, I believe both plaetton and the religulous are confused

The religulous take mythology to be true/real life

Plaetton takes science fiction/hypothesis to be facts

3 Likes

Re: Scientists Advance The Notion Of Many Interacting Worlds. by Ukutsgp(m): 9:45pm On Nov 01, 2014
The world is fashioned by the supernatural hand of God. This can't be denied.
Re: Scientists Advance The Notion Of Many Interacting Worlds. by JackBizzle: 9:46pm On Nov 01, 2014
Ukutsgp:
The world is fashioned by the supernatural hand of God. This can't be denied.

So is God responsible for the failed galaxies and planets?

Is God responsible for the cancerous aspect of the sun?

Did God fashion ebola and flesh eating bacteria from his supernatural hand?
Re: Scientists Advance The Notion Of Many Interacting Worlds. by Ukutsgp(m): 9:54pm On Nov 01, 2014
JackBizzle:

it is man. Man has been destroying the ecosystem from its inception. Beginning from Adam when he ate the forbidden fruit in the Garden of Eden.
Re: Scientists Advance The Notion Of Many Interacting Worlds. by JackBizzle: 9:59pm On Nov 01, 2014
Ukutsgp:
it is man. Man has been destroying the ecosystem from its inception. Beginning from Adam when he ate the forbidden fruit in the Garden of Eden.

Dont make me laugh.

Unicellular organisms existed before man. Many failed planets existed before man.

Stop being ignorant

4 Likes

Re: Scientists Advance The Notion Of Many Interacting Worlds. by plaetton: 10:08pm On Nov 01, 2014
JackBizzle:

Dont make me laugh.

Unicellular organisms existed before man. Many failed planets existed before man.

Stop being ignorant
Hilarious
Re: Scientists Advance The Notion Of Many Interacting Worlds. by Nobody: 10:40pm On Nov 01, 2014
Very good post indeed. The article is very interesting, I do research focused on what is known as Photonic crystals, on a nano-scale they can control and do vastly Interesting and useful things with light. Two-dimensional photonic crystal fibres are used to define exotic wavelengths, three-dimensional photonic crystals enabling photonic computation and optical logic gates will form the basis of the next generation of computers, optical-computers that is.

My point is one you already made, the supernatural is that which we do not yet understand. In 1895 the Lumiere brothers presented the first celluloid moving film, they shot clips of everyday life including one at a train station. The expectant crowd sitting in the Grand cafe theatre in Paris saw a steam train rushing headlong towards them on film.....and raced for the exits.

2 Likes

Re: Scientists Advance The Notion Of Many Interacting Worlds. by Ukutsgp(m): 11:12pm On Nov 01, 2014
JackBizzle:

Dont make me laugh.

Stop being ignorant
u dnt hv proof for that.
Re: Scientists Advance The Notion Of Many Interacting Worlds. by Nobody: 11:21pm On Nov 01, 2014
JackBizzle:

Lol
Re: Scientists Advance The Notion Of Many Interacting Worlds. by Ranchhoddas: 12:57am On Nov 02, 2014
JackBizzle:

I am plaetton's biggest fan but i have to agree with you on this one.

2 Likes

Re: Scientists Advance The Notion Of Many Interacting Worlds. by paranorman(m): 7:21pm On Nov 02, 2014
Me love science, but science has got its own limitations. Anything thats deosnt have a emprical base/empirically proven is not yet factual. But i believe in a creator. Everything in this world is so ordered, way past the logic of randomization. Even randomization is not random..!

3 Likes

Re: Scientists Advance The Notion Of Many Interacting Worlds. by AmunRaOlodumare: 8:21pm On Nov 02, 2014
paranorman:
Me love science, but science has got its own limitations. Anything thats deosnt have a emprical base/empirically proven is not yet factual. But i believe in a creator. Everything in this world is so ordered, way past the logic of randomization. Even randomization is not random..!
A creator is certainly possible but I'm not sure the world is so ordered.

Just consider stillborn babies, babies born with deformities, genetic diseases. If you know a bit about science and genetics. You will know those horrible sickness are related to "random" mutations in the human genome, which when added together in a specific way may causes some baby to be born dead for example or with deformities. Each human is born with about 60-100 of such mutations not transmitted to them by their parents (so in a way we are more than just the combination of our parents and grandparents DNA, each human is unique, each born baby/human has some individual mutations in random parts of their genome, usually they are what is called neutral mutation, which doesn't affect any phenotype or are in part of the DNA which doesn't produce any enzymes). Of course some of those mutations are beneficial like protection against certain virus for example, and humans are the products of such beneficial mutations from our common "caveman" or prehistoric ancestors (homo habilis, homo erectus, etc).

All this to say that evolution, random trials and errors of the nature, is a powerful agent which may gives us the impression of intelligent design, of being ordered, while it is actually the products of billions of years of trials and errors. Human themselves are the products of billions of years of trials and errors. Of course, maybe those trials and errors incorporated into the nature are from a godly design.

(I didn't read much of the following article since I already know about this, quickly goggled for you):
http://www.sanger.ac.uk/about/press/2011/110612.html
Re: Scientists Advance The Notion Of Many Interacting Worlds. by paranorman(m): 6:06pm On Nov 03, 2014
AmunRaOlodumare:

A creator is certainly possible but I'm not sure the world is so ordered.

Just consider stillborn babies, babies born with deformities, genetic diseases. If you know a bit about science and genetics. You will know those horrible sickness are related to "random" mutations in the human genome, which when added together in a specific way may causes some baby to be born dead for example or with deformities. Each human is born with about 60-100 of such mutations not transmitted to them by their parents (so in a way we are more than just the combination of our parents and grandparents DNA, each human is unique, each born baby/human has some individual mutations in random parts of their genome, usually they are what is called neutral mutation, which doesn't affect any phenotype or are in part of the DNA which doesn't produce any enzymes). Of course some of those mutations are beneficial like protection against certain virus for example, and humans are the products of such beneficial mutations from our common "caveman" or prehistoric ancestors (homo habilis, homo erectus, etc).

All this to say that evolution, random trials and errors of the nature, is a powerful agent which may gives us the impression of intelligent design, of being ordered, while it is actually the products of billions of years of trials and errors. Human themselves are the products of billions of years of trials and errors. Of course, maybe those trials and errors incorporated into the nature are from a godly design.

(I didn't read much of the following article since I already know about this, quickly goggled for you):
http://www.sanger.ac.uk/about/press/2011/110612.html
lets say 'm looked at randomization from the mathematical point of view.
Wel, i am no biologist but i think we humans are the cause of the mutations, most times, unintentionally/ignorantly.
If u'r an expert in these things, you can explain more.

1 Like

Re: Scientists Advance The Notion Of Many Interacting Worlds. by AmunRaOlodumare: 6:14pm On Nov 03, 2014
paranorman:

lets say 'm looked at randomization from the mathematical point of view.
Wel, i am no biologist but i think we humans are the cause of the mutations, most times, unintentionally/ignorantly.
If u'r an expert in these things, you can explain more.
Mutations are not caused by humans. Every humans are born with them (60-100 mutations). They are the motor of evolution in the sense that we would still look like homo habilis if it weren't' from genetic mutations. In fact, in a more abstract way, we would still be some fish-like entity in the primordial waters if it weren't from mutations. Of course, the mechanism of evolution and genetic mutations, as well as the mechanism for the Big Bang and planets formations, could be designed by god.

2 Likes

Re: Scientists Advance The Notion Of Many Interacting Worlds. by paranorman(m): 6:55pm On Nov 03, 2014
AmunRaOlodumare:

Mutations are not caused by humans. Every humans are born with them (60-100 mutations). They are the motor of evolution in the sense that we would still look like homo habilis if it weren't' from genetic mutations. In fact, in a more abstract way, we would still be some fish-like entity in the primordial waters if it weren't from mutations. Of course, the mechanism of evolution and genetic mutations, as well as the mechanism for the Big Bang and planets formations, could be designed by god.
this is a lot better, i get you now.
Lets see wht science has got to offer 20 years from now.
Re: Scientists Advance The Notion Of Many Interacting Worlds. by PastorKun(m): 6:21am On Nov 04, 2014
paranorman:

All that is written above is pure speculation and NOT science.
Re: Scientists Advance The Notion Of Many Interacting Worlds. by Nobody: 7:42am On Nov 04, 2014
AmunRaOlodumare:

Mutations are not caused by humans. Every humans are born with them (60-100 mutations). They are the motor of evolution in the sense that we would still look like homo habilis if it weren't' from genetic mutations. In fact, in a more abstract way, we would still be some fish-like entity in the primordial waters if it weren't from mutations. Of course, the mechanism of evolution and genetic mutations, as well as the mechanism for the Big Bang and planets formations, could be designed by God.

Now you are talking....
Re: Scientists Advance The Notion Of Many Interacting Worlds. by paranorman(m): 9:26am On Nov 04, 2014
PastorKun:

All that is written above is pure speculation and NOT science.
wel, i am believer like you.. But i look at things differently. My faith remains firm; no shakin.. Science is a plus to me, i already have all knowledge i need in christ..
Re: Scientists Advance The Notion Of Many Interacting Worlds. by Thewhizzkid1(m): 8:09am On Nov 06, 2014
Help ur boy win a contest please!!!! Two of my articles were accepted for a contest. The title is d JPMS writing contest... Please vote for my article by liking, sharing. tweeting and emailing (the like, share, tweet and email buttons are on the top of d article pages jux after d title of d articles ) the articles directly from d link below..These are d articles..
http://blogs.jpmsonline.com/2014/11/02/the-deleterious-effects-of-mobile-phone-radiations/

http://blogs.jpmsonline.com/2014/11/02/an-open-letter-to-all-medical-school-aspirants-what-you-need-to-know-about-the-path-of-medicine/
Ur vote counts.
Thanks a lot for ur understanding..
Re: Scientists Advance The Notion Of Many Interacting Worlds. by Joshthefirst(m): 9:38am On Nov 06, 2014
Plaetton, you hope so much in science. You have so much faith that science would be able to give you answers.

Unfortunately you are very wrong. There is a spiritual realm. We deal with this realm and are people of this realm.
And until you have a basic foundation of understanding of our origins and relationships with the spiritual and the physical, you will never be free of your questions. The answer is already here, and you cannot reject the truth and hope to be vindicated and answered by fantasical lies of falsely-dignified humanity.

2 Likes

Re: Scientists Advance The Notion Of Many Interacting Worlds. by Joshthefirst(m): 10:02am On Nov 06, 2014
JackBizzle:

Faults present in creation doesn't mean everything is random. No.
Re: Scientists Advance The Notion Of Many Interacting Worlds. by menxer: 7:58am On Nov 09, 2014
plaetton:

The there is nothing delusional about an atheistic worldview.
An open mind is better than a closed one.
An atheistic worldview gives me the freedom to explore facts and truth, as well as the freedom to make choices anytime without the yolk of cognitive dissonance.

If you read my post you would recognized that the point I am trying to make is that something is only supernatural when we do not understand it.
You can use the word supernatural all you like to describe things that you do not understand or that scare you, but that does not in any way point to or show a big daddy sitting somewhere.

I still cannot understand why mystery also has to be god-did-it.

No scientists has ever promoted that the universe is not complex.
In fact, it is the homo religilous that promotes a simple kindergarten view of the universe under the false pretext that they already know all the answers.
Science is a question, not an answer.

Your problem, as encapsulated in your last statement, is that you already have the answers.

if one can reason without sentiments it would be obvious that religion and science are not opposing each other.
if ''It is God's privilege to conceal things and the king's privilege to discover them (Prov 25:2)NLT'' how is scientific discoveries disproving the existence of God?
lets not forget that once upon a time science and religion were not separate fields.
after all ''The Father of Modern Genetics," Gregor Mendel was an Austrian monk

it is said that the scriptures were written in parables (coded), science is only decoding.
''...He set eternity in their hearts...'' (Ecclesiastes 3:11)
The human DNA has been decoded, has it occurred to us yet what science will do with that information?

2 Likes

Re: Scientists Advance The Notion Of Many Interacting Worlds. by urheme: 10:23am On Nov 18, 2014
paranorman:

a lot, many, plenty,

more sophisticated weapons of mass destruction,

more virus, worst than ebola and Hiv,

counterpart copies of man and animals

artificial husband and artificial wife,

a duplicate copies of human beings,

cancer of every part of the body,

aliens and mosters from cross breeding and cloning,

more pollution and toxic waste in the environment,

many more........

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Scientists Advance The Notion Of Many Interacting Worlds. by timmy2409(m): 6:24am On Nov 19, 2014
urheme:

a lot, many, plenty,

more sophisticated weapons of mass destruction,

more virus, worst than ebola and Hiv,

counterpart copies of man and animals

artificial husband and artificial wife,

a duplicate copies of human beings,

cancer of every part of he body,

aliens and mosters from cross breeding and cloning,

more pollution and toxic waste in the environment,

many more........

OR
We might have:

- documented every known specie of organism on the planet, opening vast doors of knowledge to all the possible diseases of mankind, as well as possible cures

- probably developed cures and vaccines for all current forms of cancer, HIV/AIDS, ebola, Alzheimers etc

- the ability to artificially reproduce human organs or limbs to improve the quality of life for the diseased, or those born with associated ailments or deficiencies

- vast knowledge of the human DNA to facilitate the removal of unwanted traits (like stupidity), and the optimization of desirable ones. This, as well as all of the aforementioned, holds the key to prolonging the typical human life to Methuselah status.

- much much better technology, as a result of the vastly increased efficiency with which we can harness the power of our galaxy's star.

- more efficient, quicker and sustainable modes of transportation, leading to a very robust space program and the exploration of our solar system, and ultimately even the dispersion of the human race around our galaxy and beyond

- proper hoverboards and flying cars maybe, teleportation, robots more intelligent than humans? the possibilities are endless

Don't be so close minded. The future is bright, and science is here to illuminate the way.

1 Like

Re: Scientists Advance The Notion Of Many Interacting Worlds. by pimplucious: 3:44am On Dec 01, 2014
AmunRaOlodumare:

Talking about mutation, randomnizaton etc, ever wonder why babies these days are mostly born with their eyes open?

This does not use to be the case years back. U also wonder, for example, in cases of ebola, why some people survive and some don't and in cases of HIV aids, why some people are symptomatic and some asymptomatic.

I kind of agree with the dude that said "we humans are the cause of the mutations, most times, unintentionally/ignorantly."
Re: Scientists Advance The Notion Of Many Interacting Worlds. by AmunRaOlodumare: 4:19am On Dec 01, 2014
pimplucious:

I kind of agree with the dude that said "we humans are the cause of the mutations, most times, unintentionally/ignorantly."
You can't kind of agree with it unless you don't believe in science. Babies are born with them, so it's not anything that happened in a person's life (well those are another subject). As I said above mutations is the basic mecanism for evolution so even animals have mutations. Fish like entity in the primordial water had mutations to eventually lead to homo habilis and then modern humans. You wouldn't say the fish-like entity was the cause of her mutations would you?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Finding The Soul (A Purely Philosophical Thread.) / Paxful Shutdown: Zabira Offers Safe Alternative To Nigerian Crypto Traders / In Need Of Ip Address

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.