|Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,256,429 members, 4,937,422 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2019 at 11:51 AM
|'What Does Boko Haram Really Want - A Daula'? By Ahmad Salkadi by TokyoBulls: 11:16am On Nov 02, 2014|
The recent territorial interests and call for an Islamic Caliphate, similar to by the Islamic State by Boko Haram has drawn a lot of attention from Nigerians and in a meeting yesterday, a Nigerian journalist based in Dubai, UAE and with close links and contacts with Boko Haram and their 'charismatic' leader, Abubakar Shekau, Ahmad Salkida reveals the ideologies of these brutal and heartless extremists and you will find these but consistent truths about Boko Haram and the war against insurgency in Nigeria eye-opening:
1. The ideological Boko Haram under Abubakar Shekau has moved from being a Jihad group such as al Qaeda to a Daula (State) and they believe that it is Allah who gives them territorial conquests so no compromise and no going back. In this light, they will continue to attempt to take more Nigerian towns and villages. Mubi is the second largest town in Adamawa State. Sources say they will attempt to move into Yola, Adamawa State capital in two days and, unfortunately, they will prefer to die in this conquest than retreat or refuse to make an attempt.
2. There is currently no cease fire agreement or any other form of negotiation between the Federal Government of Nigeria and Boko Haram as they are Nigerian Constitution (which is tantamount to treason and is democratically impossible). However, they are willing to exchange the 219 #Chibok girls for the release of over 2,000 of their soldiers. They gave the government of Cameroon a similar condition and when the government released about 200 Boko Haram suspects, they released the hostages to Cameroon, keeping their promise.The FG does not need a negotiator for this swap deal to happen. However, to release captives does not mean a cease fire. It does not mean negotiating an end to the conflict and we must understand this clearly.
3. Boko Haram will not retreat from Mubi, Bama, Gwoza or any of their 'conquered territories'. According to them, to forsake Sharia is (Kufr Al-Akbar), and this implies the Nigerian Army needs to see this as war - a war we must fight and win. We need to recruit competent and skilled soldiers who understand insurgency, terrorism and are willing, able and ready to defend the sovereignty of the Nigerian State while carrying her flag in his heart.
4. Danladi Ahmadu, who claims to be working with the FG on peace settlement and cease fire negotiation with Boko Haram has nothing to do with Boko Haram as a group and does not have any established connection with the leaders of the sect. The name Danladi in the first place, based on Boko Haram doctrine is Kufr, the name means someone born on a Sunday, which to them is apostasy. They are not negotiating and will not negotiate a cease fire agreement or broker a peace deal.
5. Against popular belief by Nigerians, installing a Sultan (for instance) as the leader of Nigeria and all Nigerians converting to Islam will not end the Boko Haram war. Their grouse is with the institution of democracy and the way of life of the Nigerian people - they have as much discontent with regular Muslims as with Christians. They want only their brand of Islam, they want to rule their 'caliphate' and have all 'unbelievers' converted. This is a clear indication of their disillusion. This is the reason Nigeria must fight now to end this insurgency.
6. Boko Haram is well funded and their major initial funding came from what they call 'Fai'u' robbery. Between 2010 and 2012, Boko Haram members carted over N500M from banks during these robbery attacks. They also engage in extortion, small scale and high profile kidnapping and ransom forms their biggest war chest. Non-combatant or inactive members also contribute proceeds from their businesses and they get contributions from like-minded Jihadi groups like AQM. A large chunk of their weapons and ammunition were seized from the Nigerian and Cameroonian soldiers.
7. There are (unconfirmed) possibilities of a smaller group using the name Boko Haram to carry out political killings and kidnappings, but the Boko Haram sect that kidnapped #Chibok girls are not and have never been interested in Nigerian politics as they are more inclined towards the global Jihad movement. They hate anything and everything in the current construct of the Nigerian socio-political environment - education, politics, civil service, entertainment, etc.
Now, I believe you have a better understanding of Boko Haram. Nigerians and the Nigerian government need to see this war against her sovereignty just as it is - WAR. Boko Haram will continue to move to gain more Daula (State). They got Mubi, Bama, Gworza and now are moving for Yola. We must stop them from gaining any more territories and get back all the territories they have to protect Nigeria and Nigerians.
I PRAY FOR STRENGTH, VIGOUR AND CREATIVITY FOR THE NIGERIAN ARMY IN THIS QUEST AND CONQUEST and I am very positive that the Nigerian people will win. We will plant the Nigerian flag proudly in MUBI, BAMA, GWORZA and all over Nigeria once again. LONG LIVE NIGERIA.
You can follow me on twitter @loynox and follow the discussion 'What with the harsh tag #WhatDoesBHWant
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2019 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72