Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,311 members, 7,808,050 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:56 AM

If 99% Was Good Enough - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / If 99% Was Good Enough (1154 Views)

Things To Remember When You Think You’re Not Good Enough / Are You Good Enough For Marriage / Zero Or 100. Ninety-nine Is Not Good Enough (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

If 99% Was Good Enough by CoadedIBK: 12:58pm On Nov 02, 2014
We are all familiar with the phrase, “Give 100 percent.” But I think we are all equally
aware that many times we do not give 100%. I found some interesting statistics about
“What You Would Get if 99% Was Good Enough” (Source Unknown).
If 99% was good enough, you would get…
- No phone service for 15 minutes each day.
- 1.7 million pieces of first class mail lost each day.
- 35,000 newborn babies dropped by doctors or nurses each year.
- 200,000 people getting the wrong drug prescriptions each year.
- Unsafe drinking water three days a year.
- Three misspelled words on the average page of type.
- 2 million people would die from food poisoning each year.

What would happen if God decided to cover only 99% of our sins? We would all be dead from our sins.
Thankfully, God is perfect and so is the salvation He blesses His followers with. God does not give 99%.
While we cannot always give 100% effort in everything we do without burning out, I think this serves
as a good reminder that we can usually give more and do more. Even if we are giving 99%,
there is still more to give. We expect other companies and professionals to do better, but maybe
we should also require better from ourselves sometimes.
What kind of effort are we putting forth in our church attendance? What kind of effort are we
putting forth to our Bible reading and prayer? What kind of effort are we putting forth to our relationship
with God? What kind of effort are we putting forth in our spiritual lives? We cannot and will not ever be
perfect, but usually we know if we are putting forth a genuine amount of effort or not. God is perfect,
omniscient, omnipotent, omnipresent, the King of kings, the Lord of lords, and so much more. Let’s always
strive to do more, say more, and be more in our daily lives, because God deserves it.
Have a fulfilled week ahead as you strive to give your 100%.

For more of, discussions,music,commentaries,videos and reviews, visit http://cokeribunkun..com/

(1) (Reply)

Behind The Blue Helmets (A Story Of War) / The Man I Married - Episode 18 / Adventures Of Ashikoben

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.